Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Atheism: An Irrational Worldview - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: An Irrational Worldview (3291 Views)

The Idea Of Hellfire Is IRRATIONAL MADNESS / Atheists, Christians, Muslims And Deists Are All Irrational People / Shallow And Irrational Atheist Exposed Yet Again For His Strawman Arguments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Mister , understand what I'm saying before labelling my statement as fallacious . Biko , I dey beg . I'm seriously tired of repeating myself.

The pantheist sees the universe as God , so the atheist is asking for evidence of the universe shey ?

I also believe that universe is God.

The atheist sees this and says that the universe is the universe and there is no proof that it is god

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by budaatum: 10:12am On Nov 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

To an atheist , there are no deities because he sees nothing as a deity be it a physical and non-physical entity .

Example
Before Saul , there were no kings in Israel because no Israelite was enthroned as a king . No one is Israel was conferred a kingship title

Apply this to the position of the atheist, there are no deities because no entity -physical or non-physical -has been conferred the deity or godhood status .

Read this over and over again till you understand it.
There were no kings in Israel, so Israelites had no kings. Are you suggesting an Israelite of the time would claim there were no kings anywhere?

If you are, and I suspect you aren't, but if you are, applying it to deities it means there are no deities, anywhere, least not until you confer them with the title, that is. Are you saying humans create gods, by any chance?

A non-related question please are you seriously asking me to invest my time in your words by reading it over and over again? Are you trying to deify them by any chance? Just wondering.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:26am On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

I also believe that universe is God.

You are a pantheist not a deist . Or you believe that the separate conscious entity transformed or morphed into the universe ? Because that is pandeism

The atheist sees this and says that the universe is the universe and there is no proof that it is god

-budaatum

Exactly . That's why I defined atheism as the rejection of deification of an entity . Deification makes an entity a god , it may involve rituals , it may be from a personal perspective , it could be for any reason . An atheist can choose to see the First Cause as the First Cause, not a God since there is no entity seen as a God or deity to an atheist .

Example
Humans deified fellow humans that were in positions of power and authority like the Pharaohs of Egypt and the Emperors of China and Japan who were worshiped as gods . Some were deified because they did extraordinary things like Alexander the Great was thought to be a god because he conquered all known worlds ; Julius Caesar was so gallant in war and powerful that he was why he was deified after his death .

Humans deified natural phenomena and even natural bodies like the Sun , Moon because of the important roles they played in their lives like The Sun and Moon providing light during the day and night etc . Both entities playing different roles in climate that affect life and agriculture etc

The point is : Deification is a man-made concept . And this is what an atheist rejects . An atheist simply asking you not to deify any entity .

Please note this : Not all supernatural or non-physical entities are deified or seen as deities . The rejection of the supernatural or non-physical realm/ life fall under materialism/naturalism/realism not atheism . I repeat : The rejection of the supernatural or non-physical realm/ life fall under materialism/naturalism/realism not atheism
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by UyiIredia(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Please, go and learn the difference between knowledge and belief.

I know (not "I believe) that rat poison will make me sick.

Kindly sit down and reflect, sir.

Belief is something you know to be true whether based on evidence or not. You are the fool who needs to go back to school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by UyiIredia(m): 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

Sir, kindly sit down and keep quiet.

Many atheists can accept the possibility of there being a creator of life on earth. They agree that it would likely be an alien race but not a deity god.

Move along with your dishonesty.

An atheist pretending to be a deist talking about dishonesty. Please!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

That is a dishonest question, sir. Who told you that the atheist is openly hostile to God of the bible?

From my experience, atheists react to how christians use their god and bible to discriminate. The athrists are hostile in reaction to christian discrimination

Christian discrimination? Lmao

More like atheistic victim mentality projection.

You say Christians use THEIR GOD to discriminate but atheists say this same God does not exist so why would a non existent God discriminate and how could this even be a possibility to an atheist who is blank about this God? cheesy
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

There are different ideas and types of gods in different religions.

Take Greek gods for example- they can be defeated by mere men.

Zeus himself was a womanizer with earthly women.

A non personal god is a god that does not obsess over his creations (unlike the bible god Yahweh).

A lion does not concern himself with the affairs of sheep. Have you ever been personal with your feces? Do you care how it decays or festers in the soakaway?

You believe in a non personal god right? Who is this non personal god and how did you know he or it exists since he or is is non personal?

Describe or express this non personal god to me please. grin
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You believe in a non personal god right? Who is this non personal god and how did you know he or it exists since he or is is non personal?

Describe or express this non personal god to me please. grin

All i have is logic. There is no concrete proof for god.

I chose the logic that something powerful had ser the ball rolling for existence. Life comes from life.

That powerful something is god to me.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
UyiIredia:

An atheist pretending to be a deist talking about dishonesty. Please!

This is news to me. So I am now an atheist?

It is petty to resort to lies when you lose a debate.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
UyiIredia:

Belief is something you know to be true whether based on evidence or not. You are the fool who needs to go back to school.

Resorting to insults, sir? How petty.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by superhumanist(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Christian discrimination? Lmao

More like atheistic victim mentality projection.

You say Christians use THEIR GOD to discriminate but atheists say this same God does not exist so why would a non existent God discriminate and how could this even be a possibility to an atheist who is blank about this God? cheesy

You are not saying anything sensible or honest.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by budaatum: 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Exactly . That's why I defined atheism as the rejection of deification of an entity . Deification makes an entity a god , it may involve rituals , it may be from a personal perspective , it could be for any reason . An atheist can choose to see the First Cause as the First Cause, not a God since there is no entity seen as a God or deity to an atheist .
You however fail to grasp the creation of imaginary things that are deified. I would, and have said first cause is just another name for a deity, as is intelligent design. Users of those phrases are merely attempting to sneak them under the atheist's radar. Just as you are.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by budaatum: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The point is : Deification is a man-made concept . And this is what an atheist rejects . An atheist simply asking you not to deify any entity.
Now, for the second part, and I've said this before, but you kind of skipped right past it.

Are you admitting humans create things - a concept, spirit, idea, first causer, Yahweh, big bang, (in some instances), etc - in their own heads, deify those things and hence call it gods and that outside the ability of humans to form things in their heads those things really do not exist?

Or do those things (as mentioned above), prior to deification, exist in actually reality?
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by butterflyl1on: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
superhumanist:

All i have is logic. There is no concrete proof for god.

I chose the logic that something powerful had ser the ball rolling for existence. Life comes from life.

That powerful something is god to me.

That powerful something that set the ball rolling is god to you ba? grin

This same powerful something that "touched" the universe and brought it to be suddenly now becomes a non personal god after first PERSONALLY setting the ball rolling. cheesy

Continue amusing me.
Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by Niflheim(m): 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
Christian fool: I think it is weird that an atheist will disregard the possibility of the supernatural realm...................Now let me go and eat my delicious cow meat, and disregard what the Hindus warned me, that eating a cow is the same thing as eating mother!!!

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: An Irrational Worldview by sonofthunder: 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

We've been on this before and you are unwilling to see how irrational and deficient the definition of atheism is . I'm actually showing this to donnffd like I've done to you before .

As an atheist , you are not saying that the entities like The Universe , Moon , Sun , First Cause that have been deified or seen as God/god don't exist or need to be proven to exist , but you are rejecting the deification of these entities .

The donffdd's talk is the one of a materialist not an atheist . Many mistake materialism for atheism and that's the problem . If you want me to rebut materialism using idealism , I'd be glad to . smiley
chai... you are always bloody.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! / Christians Are The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria –pastor Joe / Truly Immortalizing Saint Moses Orimolade Tunolashe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.