Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,238 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? (22997 Views)

Has Any Nigerian Developed App Like Whatapp, Facebook & Instagram / I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers / Rate My Android Mobile Apps Out Of 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Edoziesmart(m): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nigeria programmers are improving tremendously We will be there one day
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
Fongido:
I wanna come into the ITworld and I hope I'll make Nigeria proud. I'll develop apps that'll compete internationally. The whites will be begging me with millions of dollars to buy my apps. It shall be so Amen. save this page
lol, the itworld is more of action, no be mouth!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Palmerbarry: 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
Yay for me. Developer should have named it Wazobia run.
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Olumaeme: 12:42am On Nov 12, 2017
Nigerians are not known to be creative, all what we do is copy an existing one or probably recreate.

If you see anything new, just try and search the internet, you will discover that something like that has been created somewhere else, Na just one or two things go change....

From governance to music, technology etc just name it...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by babslepe: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2017
budosky:

You gat start from somewhere dude!
you dey mind am many apps in the play store don't even have up too 100 downloads run from such negative people
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by buchai: 7:16am On Nov 12, 2017
yaay for me Naija Whot still the best
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by yazz09(m): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2017
Tomide12:
Okay, so is it weird that Nigerians are now making mobile games. In the last few years, we’ve seen Aboki Run (The Nigerian Version Of Temple Run), we’ve seen Niger trooper, Ejo (the Naija version of Snake), Chike the Sky Trooper e.t.c. They are decent apps oo but do you think it is worthwhile that Nigerians are making Nigerian versions of apps that are already well known? Would You Download An app like Monkey post as opposed to Pro evolution soccer? Or are they best putting their efforts in other things?

Before you conclude, remember that the amount of Nigerian made apps have been on the rise in the last year. Who knows maybe we are getting close to creating our own Google or WhatsApp.

Anyway, let me hear your opinions.

And yea, developers that are interested in putting up their apps on a platform without any hassles can check out www.maliyo.com. It has a ton of Nigerian made apps and games.

So how do i upload my app in the maliyo platform
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 8:22am On Nov 12, 2017
My favourite game at the moment is Naija Ludo. And it's even better than the other foreign Ludo games I downloaded. And not different from the actual Ludo I played growing up.

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Sexytemi(f): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2017
coolie1:
to say the truth. it is very stupid. can't we just make other games except running

there are others aside running e.g naija ludo, naija whot, snake and ladders, who wants to be a millionaire, and the games are really dope, go to your app store and check them out
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by TroubleDude: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
OK... So I downloaded the aboki run... Here's a few screenshots from it... Really easy to hack with lucky patcher although you buy with airtime....need to work on their security .... Has the 3 ethnic groups players ..

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by TroubleDude: 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
In game screenshots... And the aboki market

Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by imustsaymymindo: 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
The problem with naija apps is that just one person does everything. Also, there is no planning before project execution and most are just copy and paste works from tutorials with no originality. What do you expect from the la xram, la pour educational system?

But we should give it up for Nigerian-made web applications. There are really some good ones out there. But mobile applications, desktop applications are always zero.
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
Have you seen Eko Tourist app?
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Victornezzar: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
humeeh:
Aboki run kwa ....they should have just called it sambisa run since that's the famous evil forest we have..
You
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
Victornezzar:

You
Hey Vicky! Been a while! smiley
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Victornezzar: 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
humeeh:
Hey Vicky! Been a while! smiley
boo about missed u
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2017
Victornezzar:

boo about missed u
Saw your alt account tho,you were banned on this one?
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Victornezzar: 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2017
humeeh:
Saw your alt account tho,you were banned on this one?
yeah
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2017
Victornezzar:

yeah
That was a long one
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Victornezzar: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
humeeh:
That was a long one
owfa dah ish na
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Victornezzar:

owfa dah ish na
Which?
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by Victornezzar: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
humeeh:
Which?
digit wink
Re: Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? by jdoss: 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hello,

Some Nigerian developers created a word game. It's currently in open beta.
Please check it out, they are looking for feedback.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/air.MightyBuzzWords

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.