Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President (56505 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Unveils Buhari Statue In Owerri (Photo) / Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Signpost Destroyed In Owerri (Photos) / Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf In Owerri Pictured Ahead Of Visit To Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by maasoap(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
weownthewest:

Ever since that son of a bastered okoroamu joined apc his life has turned for the worse. Apc is the worst thing that has ever happened to mankind.
May be to you. You seriously need to realign your mindset so that you can prosper because, you don't know when APC will leave you power.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Abagworo(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
maasoap:

Has built more than 500 schools but doesn't like commissioning? Then, how come he likes commissioning of statue every now and then? Very funny comment.

He didn't commission any statue. Those Presidents were adopted into Imo hall of fame and unveiling the statue is part of the process. He only commissioned a new road named after Sirleaf. There are about 20 statues and they will all be unveiled by the recipients of the honor. About 4 have been unveiled

1 Alex Ekwueme

2 Akufo-Ado

3 Zuma and

4 Sirleaf.

Zuma's own generated controversy while that of Ekwueme and Akufo-Ado didn't.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Leopantro: 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

No need for this comparison. Okorocha has built more than 500 schools but doesn't like commissioning. The 2 roads named after Zuma and Sirleaf were done by him without commissioning until the renaming and they are solid beautiful roads. I don't think Aregbesola has built up to 100.

you have not answered the question I asked. let me repeat it here.

in what way will the statue and the hall of fame generate income or impart the lives of the common man. the flyovers, schools, hospitals and bridges can be utilized on a daily basis. Explain Hall of fame to a hungry man? i doubt imolites visit the museum in owerri, why visit statues?
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by maasoap(m): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

He didn't commission any statue. Those Presidents were adopted into Imo hall of fame and unveiling the statue is part of the process. He only commissioned a new road named after Sirleaf. There are about 20 statues and they will all be unveiled by the recipients of the honor. About 4 have been unveiled

1 Alex Ekwueme

2 Akufo-Ado

3 Zuma and

4 Sirleaf.

Zuma's own generated controversy while that of Ekwueme and Akufo-Ado didn't.
Commissioning and unveiling can still be used interchangeably.
My point is: we are right now reading about the unveiling of the statues but not about over 500 schools he built.
Mind you, I like Okorocha and I support APC anyday anytime. I only pick on your comment for saying that he performed better than Aregbe when Aregbe he's in the news for commissioning projects more than him.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Abagworo(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
Leopantro:

you have not answered the question I asked. let me repeat it here.

in what way will the statue and the hall of fame generate income or impart the lives of the common man. the flyovers, schools, hospitals and bridges can be utilized on a daily basis. Explain Hall of fame to a hungry man? i doubt imolites visit the museum in owerri, why visit statues?

I assume you are not a hater hence my response to your reasonable question. It is like a museum where people recognized for particular achievements are honored with materials about them available for study. There was a thread I opened earlier with video of Okorocha explaining to Imolites about the plan and its recipients. The name of that Galleria is Ikemba Ojukwu Center and it's surrounded by "Heroic" monuments like Heroes square, Heroes children amusement park,Heroes Apartments, Ikemba Ojukwu tunnel and Ojukwu Boulevard.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by SPYROOC12(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
MAKE THEM DO AND go,so that this helicoper havoring upto 150tyms 2day wil stop mak we rest

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Abagworo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
maasoap:

Commissioning and unveiling can still be used interchangeably.
My point is: we are right now reading about the unveiling of the statues but not about over 500 schools he built.
Mind you, I like Okorocha and I support APC anyday anytime. I only pick on your comment for saying that he performed better than Aregbe when Aregbe he's in the news for commissioning projects more than him.

It's simply media manipulation. For example more emphasis is layed on the statue than the 5 kilometer road commissioned today and named after Sirleaf. Why are there no photos of the road or thread opened even here on Nairaland for it?

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by papae1(m): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
Statue govnor I hail

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by EnaibeSam: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
I feel like weeping for my dear Nigeria, especially the Imolites.

If one statue cost 520,000,000 therefore two statues will cost 520,000,000x2= 1,040,000,000 One billion, forty million naira only.

Let's assume this man has brain in his scull, and he wanted to assist some petty traders by giving each of them 100k to boost their business.
Or to train apprentice and give them 100k to empower them, 1040000000÷100,000= 10,400 people.

This man need to be stoned to death
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Benwire(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
Getbizzzy:
Congratulations ndi Imo!
Okorocha is my governor; Buhari is my president; Arsenal is my club!
Chai!!!
suicide mission
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by SenatorChuka(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
Will this add anything in IMO state.my people my people Mr statue Mr statue
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by adexuxin(m): 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2017
horsepower101:
Why do Yoruba's use okorochas stupidity to make fun of igbos when Okoracha is actually a reflection of APC incompetence.

Don't they realize that okorocha has killed any hope of igbos supporting APC.

DO you see any Igbo PDP or APGA politician doing useless statues?
that is were you got it wrong. APC OR PDP OR APGA they are all the name.we need to stop voting parties and vote merit.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by adexuxin(m): 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
horsepower101:
Why do Yoruba's use okorochas stupidity to make fun of igbos when Okoracha is actually a reflection of APC incompetence.

that is were you got it wrong. APC OR PDP OR APGA they are all the same.we need to stop voting parties and vote merit.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by donkossy(m): 10:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
Getbizzzy:
Congratulations ndi Imo!
Chai!!!
na death get u o
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Awoo88: 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
adem30:
While Aregbesola unveiled schools
Those are private schools.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by sanpipita(m): 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

How is APC treating Igbos that Igbos don't deserve?

Did Igbos vote APC?
Why should the APC do anything in al the SE states apart from Imo?

Politics is a game of wit and numbers. You lost out due to your short-sightedness, deal with the consequences.

Look at the level of you thinking, you type is why Nigeria remains backward, Buhari is supposed to be president to those who voted him or not, every Nigerian has a right to good governance no matter what.

Trump faced a huge opposition in America but we never hear him or his supporters claim people who didn't vote him will suffer consequences, you don't build a nation by segregation
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by GFNL(m): 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
The governor that gave bounced checks to Pensioners

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by enemyofprogress: 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
How much did he spented to did it?
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by GFNL(m): 11:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
Abagworo:

It's simply media manipulation. For example more emphasis is layed on the statue than the 5 kilometer road commissioned today and named after Sirleaf. Why are there no photos of the road or thread opened even here on Nairaland for it?
You are myopic my dear. I was on that road commissioned today. More over it is not up to 5 kilometers and it is already filled with pot holes. Just drive through that low quality job and you will shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by cool318(m): 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
GFNL:
The governor that gave bounced checks to Pensioners

Do you mind that Big f00l, he has been evading that question for ages, we have two of that dud checks returned by the banks.
His is an accomplice to sanctfy45, adults reasoning with their An*s , let them continue, their Generations will be touched one after the other, the Blood of Pensioners Rocahs is shedding will surely Visit them in droves- Iseeeeeee
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by femikay149(m): 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
adem30:
While Aregbesola unveiled schools

When will you guys get tired of showing same pictures from aregbesola first term

It is getting boring
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Okoyiboz3: 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
sanpipita:

Look at the level of you thinking, you type is why Nigeria remains backward, Buhari is supposed to be president to those who voted him or not, every Nigerian has a right to good governance no matter what.

Trump faced a huge opposition in America but we never hear him or his supporters claim people who didn't vote him will suffer consequences, you don't build a nation by segregation

Buhari lost in the SS, why aren't they making noise and threatening everyone like those from the SE?

Some worthless elders from the SE want to force Buhari to pick a VP from the SE in 2019, but when Kanu said he was going to Abuja to bring Buhari's head, not a single Igbo elder cautioned him.

Since you've decided to hate everyone, everyone would hate you too. Tit for tat.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by sanpipita(m): 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Buhari lost in the SS, why aren't they making noise and threatening everyone like those from the SE?

Some worthless elders from the SE want to force Buhari to pick a VP from the SE in 2019, but when Kanu said he was going to Abuja to bring Buhari's head, not a single Igbo elder cautioned him.

Since you've decided to hate everyone, everyone would hate you too. Tit for tat.

Lol so what are the avengers and militants doing? sending love poems to buhari? kanu issue didn't start today it will outlive buhari's presidency, a leader absorbs hate if any not react negatively to it, Jonathan was hated in north but he still did things for them that's what leadership is all about, moreover not everyone must like a leader but a leader is bound to treat everyone equally, that is how successful leaders succeed, segregation doesn't help anyone, Buhari is president of Nigeria, igbos are bonafide citizens of Nigeria until otherwise.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Abagworo(m): 12:35am On Nov 11, 2017
EnaibeSam:
I feel like weeping for my dear Nigeria, especially the Imolites.

If one statue cost 520,000,000 therefore two statues will cost 520,000,000x2= 1,040,000,000 One billion, forty million naira only.

Let's assume this man has brain in his scull, and he wanted to assist some petty traders by giving each of them 100k to boost their business.
Or to train apprentice and give them 100k to empower them, 1040000000÷100,000= 10,400 people.

This man need to be stoned to death

Only an idiiot can believe the statue cost 5 million not to talk of 500 million. Don't tell me you believed that propaganda.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Leopantro: 12:36am On Nov 11, 2017
Abagworo:

I assume you are not a hater hence my response to your reasonable question. It is like a museum where people recognized for particular achievements are honored with materials about them available for study. There was a thread I opened earlier with video of Okorocha explaining to Imolites about the plan and its recipients. The name of that Galleria is Ikemba Ojukwu Center and it's surrounded by "Heroic" monuments like Heroes square, Heroes children amusement park,Heroes Apartments, Ikemba Ojukwu tunnel and Ojukwu Boulevard.

it's funny that someone who won the governorship title on the mantle of APGA but later decamped and who does not believe in actualization of biafria is dedicating a lot of structures to Ojukwu who is not from the state.
his free education is working very well and achieving grest success?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Ugbavihi: 12:40am On Nov 11, 2017
One thing with rochas be say the more you criticise he will be doing more to that criticism....... The man no send anybody ooooooo
Imo people must have learnt some lesson..
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Leopantro: 12:47am On Nov 11, 2017
themomentng:
Recently Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State was quoted to have told State House Correspondents in Abuja that whoever will take over from him as governor may be stoned by the people of his performance falls below the standard he has set.

His words: “I am in this job not for the profit of it, but for the honour and glory of the job. So I want to leave a legacy. I want Imo people to miss me and they will definitely miss me. Believe you me, they have not seen such developmental work before now and they will miss it.

“The only problem I have is that anybody that comes after me and does not perform will be stoned. Because you cannot come to Imo State now and say you want to abolish free education from primary to university, they will not accept that. I have spoilt Imo people believe me.”

However, we learnt from multiple sources in the state that the governor may be stoned when he loses his immunity in 2019, even as they noted that the governor has set the state further back in development.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) Senatorial candidate for Owerri Senatorial District in the 2015 General election and former member of the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Uche Onyeagucha, called on Governor Rochas Okorocha to start sewing his prison uniform, saying he will definitely end up in jail when he lives office in 2019 for allegedly looting the state treasury.

The APC chieftain, who said that he was miffed by the alleged comment by the governor that he has spoilt Imo people with projects, accused the governor of littering the state with hundreds of abandoned projects.

“I was a senatorial candidate, I should be a leader in APC, while Rochas should be in prison for the way and manner he has looted Imo State. He should rather be sewing his prison uniform. This is a person who has never gone on any commercial flight since he became governor; he has been travelling around on private jet at the state’s expanse.”

Onyeagucha, who is also a civil rights lawyer, said that it is time for the deceit unleashed on Imo people by the governor to stop.

He said, “What is this nonsense? He said he built this and that in the state. Is it Concord Hotel which he renovated, Ikemba Ojukwu Centre was built by Mbakwe and he renovated it; the Imo State Commissioners’ Quarters, he just changed the roof and renovated it; the State Secretariat was built by Chief Achike Udenwa, he changed the roof when there was no need for that. Today, there are many leaky roofs at the secretariat. Avutu poultry, which he renovated, has collapsed under one year. At the appropriate time, Imo people will beam to the world, the many grisly misdeeds of this cruel administration.

“When we in APC went on campaign, we said we will build factories, industries, and create jobs. That is what we promised, even on billboards then. When I told him he is a fraud, he removed them and changed the message. Show me one factory built by Rochas and I will apologise. No block industry, no toothpick industry, no sachet water industry just the ones that could be built with little amount, none!

“He has deceived our people for too long, he has bamboozled them with lies, and we have tolerated it long enough.”

While there have been many allegations of nepotism to the extent that juicy positions have allegedly been cornered by family members and kinsmen, an Owerri based medical doctor, Dr. Uzo Ewuru, added that the state has become a home of abandoned projects. According to him, not too long ago, the governor announced with pomp and fanfare, the commencement of a state carrier, Imo Air which flew few weeks after the ceremony and stopped operation. “It appears the carrier has gone the way of many other abandoned projects littered all over the state.”

Ewuru also said that the moribund multi-billion naira Imo Modern Poultry, Avutu, built by the administration of late Governor Sam Mbakwe, which news went round before the 2015 election that its revitalisation process was almost completed (with a giant signboard erected at the Amambakwe Junction announcing the completion of the project then), has turned out to be a ruse, even as the entire complex has remained the massive forest that has overgrown the place since its abandonment in the 80s.

Governor Rochas Okorocha’s mega project, the 44 City Gates, which gulped hundreds of millions of naira, has long been forgotten by the administration. This is even as the governor’s Young Scientists College has joined the long list of the white elephant projects the governor will launch with fanfare but not complete, 20 months to the end of his administration.

This came as Hon. Raymond Emeana, a former member of the Imo State House of Assembly and the State Secretary of PDP, has alleged that the 27 General Hospitals reportedly built by Governor Okorocha are actually 26 white elephant hospital projects, 25 of them are merely homes for rodents and criminal elements.

He said: “While he owes civil servants, he said he has built 27 hospitals, there are no 27 hospitals, rather, there are just 26 buildings at the sites.

“We are now in July, which is about a year and ten months to the end of his tenure, none of those 26 hospitals has been completed except only one that is functional, and that is the one at Ikeduru LGA. It is functional not because the state government completed, it but because they handed it over to a private investor, who is now running it as his private clinic.

All the other 25, including the one for his LGA, Ideato South, including that at Mbaitoli where his deputy comes from, the one at Ezinihitte-Mbaise where the state chairman of the party is from, the one at Ngor-Okpala where the SSG is from, the one at Okigwe where the Speaker of the state House of Assembly is from, including the one at Nkwerre where his son-In-law, his Chief of Staff is from.

“None of them is functional, they are for you to see,” he stated.

Emeana further alleged that the state’s judiciary is now in terrible state of decay, operating without power supply, poor accommodation and without working materials.

He dismissed as ‘abracadabra’, the governor’s free education policy, saying with the policy, the position of Imo State has dramatically nosedived in the West Africa Certificate Examinations (WAEC) performance index. He added that the Imo State University has lost accreditation in critical study areas.

They also alleged that the governor was not obeying court orders since he assumed office. They noted that courts ordered him to reinstate the chairman of Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya of Obinugwu, Orlu, which he has not done. They also alleged that a court of competent jurisdiction restrained the governor from demolishing Captain Emmanuel Ihenacho’s property, but he went ahead and destroyed the property.

When one of our correspondents sought the reaction of the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodu, he went off on the reporter, asking if they heard him say so and when.

Without waiting to hear the rest of the question, he retorted in a very hostile tone saying, “This is gutter journalism where you people carry lies about people”.

He shouted, “Who is your editor? Whoever your editor is, tell him that he is not worthy to be an editor for asking you to get me to react to such nonsense. I beg get off my phone!”

He finished aggressively and promptly hung up.
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by centboy123456(m): 1:08am On Nov 11, 2017
Getbizzzy:
Congratulations ndi Imo!
Chai!!!

must you call arsenal guy reave sense in Jesus name
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by rhektor(m): 1:30am On Nov 11, 2017
Getbizzzy:
Congratulations ndi Imo!

Okorocha is my governor;
Buhari is my president;
Arsenal is my club!

Chai!!!

Highly unfortunate, I pity you many
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by Bamz(m): 1:32am On Nov 11, 2017
Daniel2060:
cry

It even looks old and dirty undecided
Is that Spiro cry cry cry cry

Lol why you mad though?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by rhektor(m): 1:33am On Nov 11, 2017
horsepower101:

And what gave you the impression that APC is a Yorùbá party?
Re: Okorocha Unveils The Statue Of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Liberian President by goodnews777: 2:22am On Nov 11, 2017
Idolatry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sowore Reveals New Police Salary, Says No Policeman Should Earn Less Than N100k / Jumbo Cost Of Governance: Pmb's Food Budget For Tinubu, Shettima Creates Ripples / El-Rufai And Oshiomhole At Oba Of Benin Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.