Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (32374 Views)

Can't SLT Student Study MLS Through Direct Entry? / Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2017
bond0077:
See my account balance is for all mtn sim working
if only u applied this resilience to some good u for don hammer. Idiot!

3 Likes

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Uncleodi(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2017
Join NCCMDS, CMDA Students.

They usually have alot of materials that you can read.
These guys can digest textbooks into simple leaflets that you can read and smash.

Remember, zero social life until you graduate...then you can flex all you can while keeping your eye on the next available flight to leave this country.

4 Likes

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by omogin(f): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2017
Ayamatanga
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Igbogirlgate(f): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2017
can average student study nursing?
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by seansage012(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2017
bond0077:
See my account balance is for as all mtn sim working
Scam.....run!
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Yonce(f): 8:19am On Nov 11, 2017
HAH:
Yes, medicine from what I heard is not hard [/b]but need a lot of perseverance because of work load and there is lot cramming. [b] There exams back then are also mainly in fill in this blanks

When talking of hard courses talk of a course like Bsc physics

Please from where did you hear that medicine isn't hard?

Who is that person that told you all this? shocked

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by linearity: 8:19am On Nov 11, 2017
femidejulius:
In Nigeria, average depends on your location. An average student in the south may be a brilliant student in the north.

I have seen people going to study medicine in the north from the south. I have seen people who go to Sudan to study medicine who ordinarily won't have been given admission to study biology education in Southern Nigeria.

Medicine is a competitive course. Apply where there are lesser competition.

Good concept, I wanted to add that...Average actually depends on your; location, surrounding and time....An 'average' student in Nigeria today, can get to a US Ivy League school or a new school/environment, surround him/herselve with the right crowd and things and can turn 'brilliant'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by HAH: 8:19am On Nov 11, 2017
modelmike7:

Now, this is FUNNY!!
how is it funny ?
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by kunkeracid: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2017
very very true!

Donald3d:
u can be anything you want to be as long as you put your mind to it
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Brugo(m): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2017
If you can memorise stuff, you can study medicine. However, don't study medicine if you are not ready to be an excellent student. Don't go and kill people please. We need doctors who are willing to learn and innovate.

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Sunkyphil(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2017
I know of a guy who was unserious when he was in poly he later got admitted to study medicine in uni,today he is a doctor
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by HAH: 8:23am On Nov 11, 2017
Yonce:

Please from where did you hear that medicine isn't hard?

Who is that person that told you all this? shocked
you are deviating he asked if, an average student can study medicine, I said yes, because medicine is not difficult but the work load is much so what ensures success is perseverance. what it takes to study medicine memorization or cramming
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by expensiveguyman(m): 8:24am On Nov 11, 2017
Why not when a pure average man like Buhari is the sitting president of Nigeria.
Everything is possible in life so far u hv passion for it.
Just go for ur dream career and put much effort in it and sky will be ur limit.
Impossibility is only for d weak mind.

2 Likes

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by MezieFresh: 8:25am On Nov 11, 2017
There is nothing you have passion for that you can't pull through...

With God and hard work...you can become the best graduating students...

Its all grace!
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by yassinattah(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2017
EVILFOREST:

My DEAR you can.
MEDICINE is not meant for the brilliant alone, rather for the HARDWORKING types.
When I was set to embark on my trip through the Medical College to study HUMAN MEDICINE/SURGERY, the first gift my dad offered me was a CHAIR.
A very nice and suitable one for that matter.
He said to me " this CHAIR will remind you that you are meant to sit down and study for a longer time than others"
As a scholar, i was an AVERAGE STUDENT, although I have been a smart and hardworking man.
I surrounded myself with intelligent chaps as well.
That became a morale booster.
Always surround yourself with MEDICAL STUDENTS that will want to graduate as soon as possible.
They always know how to source for MATERIALS.
Join CHRISTIAN GATHERINGS, for they know how to hoard materials from UNBELIEVERS.
Finally, Choose your ROOMMATES yourself.
Make sure 85 percent of them are studying Human Medicine and Surgery.
If you can do all these, that means I will attend your Graduation Party.
At graduation, I will also encourage you to enrol for the United States Licensing Medical Examination.
Could you believe that Some SENIOR PREFECTS as it where those days, were withdrawn from my medical college....??
They relied on past glories.
See me am a doctor,i asked myself such ? Once when i was in ur shoes then but my candid advice to u to avoid long discussion is with dedication,commitment and prayers u can become one,except it wasn't destined by God Almighty that u will become one.
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by theapeman: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2017
QwinDebbie:
Please I just wanna know.
This issue has been bugging me for some time now.
If there are any medical students here, please your opinion is highly needed.

I've been hearing that medicine is very tough and all that, but being an average student, can I still scale through?
Will it be as easy as it is with top students?
Don't get me wrong, I didn't choose medicine because I wanted to. It's been my dream right from JSS2..
But being at home for 2 years, due to delay in getting admitted, without going to school, little or less study has really depleted what I had back then in secondary school.
I just need advice.
Please there should be no insults.

Thanks.

but you can suck diicck undecided

don't go and read you hear! keep deceiving your dream
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by otswag(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2017
QwinDebbie:

I've been hearing that medicine is very tough and all that, but being an average student, can I still scale through?
Don't get me wrong, I didn't choose medicine because I wanted to. It's been my dream right from JSS2..
But being at home for 2 years, due to delay in getting admitted, without going to school, little or less study has really depleted what I had back then in secondary school.
I just need advice.

Thanks.

Absolutely. Hardwork, an intelligent study plan and applying yourself clinically is what you need to survive in med school. Its not about how much you read. Rather, its about how smart you read. Besides, no matter how exceptional your secondary school record is, med school has a way of humbling everyone. Trust me, u no go know who dey carry ist everytime from kindergarten till SS3 again. The performance of the majority will eventually revolve around average with just a relatively few extremely good outliers. Work hard, study smart, then you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Jexyme(f): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2017
Yes you can. Admission is the most difficult. Just prepare to study for long hours, cram and also be a patient type.
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Yonce(f): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2017
HAH:
you are deviating he asked if, an average student can study medicine, I said yes, because medicine is not difficult but the work load is much so what ensures success is perseverance. what it takes to study medicine memorization or cramming

I don't mean to be rude but are you a doctor, or medical student?
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by usoroakpan(m): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2017
Yes,very wel. I was an average student throughout my sec school but now i am almost finishing med school and among the best in my set. You just have to make up your mind. If you want to study medicine be prepared nt 2 do any other thing. Medicine requires al ur attention,i mean 100% attention. Intelligent students fail in med school. Its actually all about you.

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by naeto2(m): 8:31am On Nov 11, 2017
You call yourself “average” and that is what I term “the Captivity of Negativity”. Anyhoo, as it stands now, the only obstacle between you and your MBBS is you. As in, you have so much pride in showing off average set of boobs believing that they are standard but then when it comes to your intellectual prowess you come dey talk any how. I’m sorry for being kinda blunt but all I’m trying to say is this, nobody is gonna believe in you if you don’t believe in you. (And you need to stop calling yourself average, boobs maybe average grin , but I don’t think the brain is)
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by armadeo(m): 8:32am On Nov 11, 2017
Yes.

Anybody can study medicine as long as you aren't retarded.

It a not about how intelligent you are but how you can persevere. How much effort you can put in. You must really be willing to make that sacrifice.

It's all about hard work.
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 11, 2017
Medicine isn't necessarily for the most intelligent, it is for the hardworking type. Hardwork is everything.
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 11, 2017
yassinattah:

See me am a doctor,i asked myself such ? Once when i was in ur shoes then but my candid advice to u to avoid long discussion is with dedication,commitment and prayers u can become one,except it wasn't destined by God Almighty that u will become one.
FIRSTLY, I can't comprehend your grammar.
I have been trying to, honestly
No punctuations, no syntax, past against present tenses....present against past
Are you sure you are a Medical Doctor...??

Secondly: Anyone who avoids Long discussions and Topics can't study Human medicine and Surgery, because it's VOLUMINOUS.
U have study groups that last for hours, some even days with minimal breaks and call offs
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by HAH: 8:33am On Nov 11, 2017
Yonce:

I don't mean to be rude but are you a doctor, or medical student?
a doctor or a medical student will always show you he is the best, so the question should not be directed at them but people around their field that can easily see from afar, if you ask a Yoruba student or lecturer he will tell you is very hard in fact no course is harder than it, by the way I left university about 20 years ago I am just whirling here

2 Likes

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Yonce(f): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2017
QwinDebbie:

I just need advice.

Thanks.

Baby girl, there are no average students in medicine.

All the average students become un-average and smarter as each day goes by.
If you choose to remain average, you will fail and have to repeat a class or worse, drop out.

Medicine involves a lot of sacrifice. You have to give up a lot if you really truly want to succeed in the field. There's so much to read, learn and memorize.
Everyday, it's like you're bombarded with new information you have to keep when all you were told the day before is fleeting and vague.

The books? God they are so big and numerous and sometimes 24 hours won't seem enough to get through classes, postings at the hospital, insults from consultants and registrars, assignment and even personal reading.

You'll also have to get used to very low scores on the notice board even if you were a high flying student prior to admission. Because no one is ever sure they've passed till the results are pasted.

In summary, an average student can indeed read medicine, but the whole process makes them anything but average eventually. So pursue ot of you've got the spine for it. Goodluck! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Amberon11: 8:38am On Nov 11, 2017
As a medical student i can say YES. Don't delude yourself into thinking that there are naturally born A students. That's a fat lie. You just need lots of study hours coupled with determination and you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by savagefinder: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2017
QwinDebbie:

I just need advice.

Thanks.

Getting into medicine requires excellence but staying in medicine requires perseverance which I know you posses.. So, babe.. You can do it.. Because I am telling you out of experience, I'm in my 5th year

Modified: your sex drive is really crazy.
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by docyomex(m): 8:42am On Nov 11, 2017
Read this thread of 2016
Start from zero to the last page

https://www.nairaland.com/2927779/how-tough-medicine-surgery-course/7
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by Yonce(f): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2017
HAH:
a doctor or a medical student will always show you he is the best, [b]so the question should not be directed at them but people around their field that can easily see from afar, [/b]if you ask a Yoruba student or lecturer he will tell you is very hard in fact no course is harder than it, by the way I left university about 20 years ago I am just whirling here

This has got to be the stupìdest thing I've read on this site all week. No offence.

I wear the shoe, I struggle daily to balance my books, classes and social life. . . .I know the sleepless nights involved, I know how many candles I've burnt all to stay afloat in the medical world and in trying to keep up with all the new information everyday and you're telling me someone "who easily sees from afar" is in a better position to tell me just how difficult and wide my field is? cry

I think people like you should stay off topics that they are beyond clueless in.
Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by kokomaster3d: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2017
Ask Ben Carson. He was even below average. Work hard you can do anything

2 Likes

Re: Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? by wheenie(f): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2017
I have a question pls am going to 300lv and my current cgpa is 4.12 on a 5 point scale can I still make first class...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female University Of Uyo Student Dies 2 Weeks After Writing Her Last Exams(pics) / Final Year UNILORIN Student Expelled For Writing Exam For His Girlfriend / Some Fascinating Images Gathered From Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.