Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle (1809 Views)

Is Chevrolet Aveo 2007 A Good Car Or Have I Wasted My Money? / What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? / Is This Mercedes E350 2007 A Good Buy At That Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 4:55am On Nov 11, 2017
Good Morning Guru In The House, Gazzuzz And Co, I took my car to my hometown for an event with no initial issues whatsoever, After going from one town to another etc i got back parked and got in after 2 hours or so i came out again to quickly go somewhere started engine came out with the good and nice sound and the gear didn’t move out of ‘P’ i looked at the dashboard there was ‘ABS’ light on and Handbrake light On.

The Gear still didnt move like it was hooked, I opened up the little compartment close to the gear and pressed the little black like button down and immediately the Gear Engaged, But i haven’t gone far though But would like to understand what really is the problem and my handbrake is not on.

Would like to know, Can i manage the car back to Lagos with pressing the little compartment to engage gear whenever am moving or is there something else to do else cause i no trust the mechanics there? Help please am leaving here tommorrow
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by Dottore: 5:12am On Nov 11, 2017
I'm not an auto mechanic but from experience and tips I stumbled upon online I've been able to solve wide range of issues that arose in my many years of driving.

Make sure you gauge your ATF level. From experience most Toyota products don't just break down without warning.
Do you usually engage the parking gear before the handbrake? It creates unnecessary tension for the gear cable especially when the car is not on a level ground. Always ensure that ur handbrake is functional and it should be engaged first while the gear is in neutral then release your leg from the brake so the car rests on the on hand rake then pedal on the brake again before engaging the parking gear.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 5:15am On Nov 11, 2017
In Layman, I Should always engage Handbrake first before putting my gear on ‘P’ You meant?

U got any experience on hooked gear without warning? a car i just drove from Ikeja to Ijebu ode with no issue whatsoever suddenly hooked
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2017
balash:
Good Morning Guru In The House, Gazzuzz And Co, I took my car to my hometown for an event with no initial issues whatsoever, After going from one town to another etc i got back parked and got in after 2 hours or so i came out again to quickly go somewhere started engine came out with the good and nice sound and the gear didn’t move out of ‘P’ i looked at the dashboard there was ‘ABS’ light on and Handbrake light On.

The Gear still didnt move like it was hooked, I opened up the little compartment close to the gear and pressed the little black like button down and immediately the Gear Engaged, But i haven’t gone far though But would like to understand what really is the problem and my handbrake is not on.

Would like to know, Can i manage the car back to Lagos with pressing the little compartment to engage gear whenever am moving or is there something else to do else cause i no trust the mechanics there? Help please am leaving here tommorrow

step on your brakes, are the rear brake lights working?

1 Like

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 5:18am On Nov 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

step on your brakes, are the rear brake lights working?

Gimme 2mins lemme check that immediately
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 5:22am On Nov 11, 2017
Came Out Okay Brother!! Its On

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2017
balash:
Came Out Okay Brother!! Its On

interesting...... do and leave that village, ur village people got the car. Branch MFM on ur way back grin

6 Likes

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2017
Watch the Handbrake light on and ABS

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 5:27am On Nov 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

interesting...... do and leave that village, ur village people got the car. Branch MFM on ur way back grin

Lol ���, I no fit get almighty Gazzuzz And Them go show me pepper for this place, Lets fight them together abeg
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:34am On Nov 11, 2017
balash:

Lol ���, I no fit get almighty Gazzuzz And Them go show me pepper for this place, Lets fight them together abeg

you carry scanner?
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 5:35am On Nov 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you carry scanner?

Nah Nah!! Nothing Of Such
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:37am On Nov 11, 2017
balash:

Nah Nah!! Nothing Of Such
check brake oil level.
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 5:49am On Nov 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

check brake oil level.

All Oil Perfecto, But i checked all the Oil levels now, And afterwards i got back inside the car and the brake light and abs went off and the gear is working back perfectly, Shey them this my village people don sleep off ni Lol

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by OPUSDEI1(m): 6:10am On Nov 11, 2017
Classic case of Village people missed call.

Anyway a brake related switch or relay might have come loose briefly.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by mayor2013: 7:26am On Nov 11, 2017
This case needs praying and fasting grin

1 Like

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by freshvine(f): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2017
Warning Shot!
Otomokpo Test Drill grin

1 Like

Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by cyborg123(m): 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
grin grin
Re: Help With Gear Issues On Toyota Camry 2007 A.k.a. Muscle by balash(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
Am dead and Die, The Thing don stop again..

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Volvo Limo Proudly Made In Nigeria / Gear Shifter Stuck Benz / Oil Shortage In A New Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.