Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? (2797 Views)

How Do I Make My 07 Camry Sound Like A Sport Car? / What Is And Isn't A Muscle Car / A Sport Car Made By Jerry Mallo From Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by Siberia01(m): 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2022

Car enthusiasts over to You!!

Muscle or sports

Are they different ?
Can they be used interchangeably

1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by wizonlyson: 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
G
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by advanceDNA: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
Siberia01:

Car enthusiasts over to You!!

Muscle or sports

Are they different ?
Can they be used interchangeably

We only know one muscle...2008-2011 Toyota Camry grin grin

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by Siberia01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
wizonlyson:
G
Wagon undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by Siberia01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
advanceDNA:

grin grin

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by wizonlyson: 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
Siberia01:
Wagon undecided
..u won buy am..

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by Greenway001: 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
make millions on our daily fixed codes
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by Cokahot: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2022
The major diff is sports car and musle car na d horsepower,and most sports cars are very very low in ground clearance esp sedans. But muscle cars na beasts,v12 and Co.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by PAQ(m): 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
A sports car is built to go round a race track with speed and good handling. They are mostly two door coupes riding low. while Muscle cars are American cars with emphasis on speed/power over handling. They have big V8 engines hence the term "muscle" and they are mostly two door cars but also come in four doors like the Chevrolet Impala. Dodge Charger and the Cadillac CTS. CT5 & CT6 to name a few.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by salawustyles(m): 8:42am On Mar 13, 2022
the difference is in handling for example if you're a movie fan, you would see the difference when you watch fast and furious just notice the car Dom drives and the car Brian drives then you should be able to have an idea of what each car does better Dom prefers muscle car and Brian prefers race cars and sporty car

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by Siberia01(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2022
salawustyles:
the difference is in handling for example if you're a movie fan, you would see the difference when you watch fast and furious just notice the car Dom drives and the car Brian drives then you should be able to have an idea of what each car does better Dom prefers muscle car and Brian prefers race cars and sporty car
Dom drives a '69 charger

And also the '69 Plymouth roadrunner undecided
Both handled well

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by sultaan(m): 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
muscle cars are built for straight brute power torque performance , the focus is in the engine.

Sporty car is focused on bringing engine power to work at maximum with suspension and handling.

Sporty csrs might not have a lot of power but handling is key.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by salawustyles(m): 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
Siberia01:
Dom drives a '69 charger
And also the '69 Plymouth roadrunner undecided Both handled well
both are muscle cars you get my point

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by skywalker240(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
Sport cars with low ground clearance absolutely no for a Naija,
excelent handling but they also got some of the most powerful engines, V8, V12, V16 etc

Muscle cars are all round vehicles

yes for Naija

mustang and shelby or cammaro on my mind, cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by skywalker240(m): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
advanceDNA:

aaargggg COMBRADE grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by tweasderd: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
Think better about your question. It's not difficult to understand that a sports car has everything designed for high speed. Sports cars are usually lower, with a streamlined shape, a more powerful engine, and a good cooling system. By the way, a six-cylinder engine can be in a maslkar if a person thinks about tuning it. As a kid, I collected toy cars. I've always had more sports cars among them. As an adult, I wanted to buy such a car or at least something that looks like a sports car. I'm not a fan of fast and dangerous driving. I just like the look and opportunities. So I read more about budget sports cars and bought a Mazda MX-5.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by Angrygoat: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2022
A straight six engine is a sports car
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by laivwire(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
Sport cars are for windy tracks, muscle cars are for straight 0- 60s dragstrips.

In ideal conditions, they own their turfs. A muscle car will most likely win a drag race but won't see the tail lights of a sports car on a track.

The difference is in the handling and torque respectively.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Sport Car And A Muscle Car ? by FlynnPlant: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2023
Sports cars are typically designed with a focus on handling, agility, and speed. They often have lightweight bodies and a lower center of gravity, which allows them to take tight corners at high speeds. Sports cars also tend to have smaller engines that are optimized for high-performance driving, and they may feature advanced suspension and braking systems to help drivers maintain control in high-speed situations and also I regularly visit Vehiclered site to get quality sports car info there. Overall, the key difference between a sports car and a muscle car is their respective design philosophies, with sports cars prioritizing handling and speed, and muscle cars prioritizing raw power and acceleration.

(1) (Reply)

Needed Documents For Vehicle Engine Replacement / Fairly Used Cars From Dubai For Sale / Difference Between GLK 2010 VS GLK 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.