Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,271 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed (2527 Views)

Blackout Looms As Labour Threatens To Shut Down Power / Pres. Jonathan Promises To End Corruption In Oil Sector If Re-elected... / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by kosovo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
UMBRELLA body for junior and senior staff in the nation’s electricity sector, National Union of Electricity Employees, NUEE, and its Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied companies, SSAEAC, counterpart, have directed workers in the sector to shut down the industry any day sacked Minister of Power, Mr. Lanre Babalola, is recalled to head the sector.

Leaders of the two unions alleged that they were aware that the Minister was among ministers in the dissolved Federal Executive Council, FEC, lobbying to return, arguing that stakeholders were relieved when they got the news of the dissolution of FEC and called on members to immediately begin fasting and prayers to frustrate the Minister’s re-appointment.

But the former Minister said he was committed to doggedly follow the government power sector blueprint and workers’ welfare, saying the fear of lay-offs by labour was unfounded.

In a joint circular by the two unions entitled: “Shut down if Lanre Babalola is re-appointed, the unions said: “Upon his removal on March 17, 2010, stakeholders heaved a sign of relief. Till date, he has refused to apologised to Nigerians for his failure to actualised the 6000MW target.

“Dr. Lanre Babalola cannot fix the power sector. Qualified and capable hands with courage to address the problems abound in country.

“Consequently, all members respective of their job functions are hereby directed to shut down the system and stay away from office, if for any reason Dr. Lanre Babalola is re-appointed as Power Minister. We should be battle ready to carry our destiny in our hands.”

“All members of staff of PHCN have been directed to observe a fasting and prayers session on Tuesday March 23, 2010, from 8.00am to noon to seek the face of God on the recent challenges in the power sector.

Babalola reacts
Reacting to the labour’s threat, the former Minister reiterated his commitment to power sector reforms as envisaged in the government blueprint and workers’ welfare.

In a statement by Mr. Yakubu Lawal, Special Assistant on Media to former Minister of Power, Mr Babalola said: “Based on government blueprint to re-position the Power sector reform of the sector is key to genuine development involving the private sector players that can bring the kind of capital or investment needed for revamp the industry.”

Source
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by netotse(m): 8:20pm On Mar 21, 2010
those are my boys(i still hate them though. . .lol). . .the nuisance should find somewhere else to ply his wares!
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Jarus(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2010
I think the guy tried, but the problem was just too complex for him. At least we saw his passion and efforts.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by kosovo(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2010
^^^^ i completely agree
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by netotse(m): 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2010
the guy is an economist, in addition to being corrupt, he was clueless. . .what we need it to keep the pencil pushers away from the energy sector in nigeria! the man didn't help matters at all. . .

check here and here too if u want proof!

i think y'all are just saying that cos of all the noise that has been made about his having a PhD in energy economics. . .so bleeding what?
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by asha80(m): 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2010
Jarus:

I think the guy tried, but the problem was just too complex for him. At least we saw his passion and efforts.

he should have resigned if the place was too complex for him.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Jarus(m): 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2010
netotse:

the guy is an economist, in addition to being corrupt, he was clueless. . .what we need it to keep the pencil pushers away from the energy sector in nigeria! the man didn't help matters at all. . .

check here and here too if u want proof!

i think y'all are just saying that cos of all the noise that has been made about his having a PhD in energy economics. . .so bleeding what?
I actually based my comment on what Ijeoma Nwogwugwu, that brilliant Economist, journalist and columnist with ThisDay, who I respect so much(although we adisagree sharply on SLS)  used to write about him. Secondly, he comes across as a refined, brilliant, soft-spoken technocrat that has a great grasp of energy political economy. I'm surprised with what you said about him now.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by naijaking1: 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2010
It simply beats the imagination that useless unions that produces nothing but darkness for Nigerians should threaten "black-out"
What an irony
Where were the unions when they realized that the 6000mw objectice would not be met?
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by netotse(m): 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2010
Jarus:

I actually based my comment on what Ijeoma Nwogwugwu, that brilliant Economist, journalist and columnist with ThisDay, who I respect so much(although we adisagree sharply on SLS)  used to write about him. Secondly, he comes across as a refined, brilliant, soft-spoken technocrat that has a great grasp of energy political economy. I'm surprised with what you said about him now.
yes, but we don't need an economist in the power ministry, the problem isn't strictly a money problem, i like ijeoma too,(dont know y she's against this NITEL sale though), but on the babalola issue we part ways, having read a number of reports doesnt give you the required knowledge or skill to solve the power sectors problems, i didnt place much stock in them, but did you hear the rumours that she was defending babalola when he first got into office cos she wanted to get a job with him(i think they've had some dealings at BPE or something).

one major part of the problem is that all you outsiders(no offense meant) think you appear out of nowhere and solve the power sectors problems without even understanding what the sector is all about, that's how bola ige promised steady light in 6months when it was(and still is) not possible in 6years.

naijaking1:

It simply beats the imagination that useless unions that produces nothing but darkness for Nigerians should threaten "black-out"
What an irony
Where were the unions when they realized that the 6000mw objectice would not be met?
as far back as october, i pasted it in the welcome to my office thread that the 6000MW goal wasn't going to happen, you dont expect workers to come out and announce something different from what their boss has announced do u?

u sef check am, if u can think back that far, did any technical staff of PHCN come out to announce anything about the 6000mw? it's only the politicians and govt appointees that were making noise about it(and of course u ppl listened to them. . .)

p.s.
anyone that contradicted the minister would have been branded a saboteur and summarily fired, i know that for a fact!
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by marvix(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2010
I think the leaders of the unions calling for this shutdown should be shown the way out of our power sector reason being that they are the ones who have been working there for the past 25yrs when things were being run aground, they also should be held responsile for frustrating all past ministers of dat sector and keeping us in the dark. Are the members of the union telling us that a man who was minister for about 24mths is responsible for power failures or is it those workers at d power station who can switch off power for just any flimsy excuse?
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by netotse(m): 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2010
marvix:

I think the leaders of the unions calling for this shutdown should be shown the way out of our power sector reason being that they are the ones who have been working there for the past 25yrs when things were being run aground, they also should be held responsile for frustrating all past ministers of dat sector and keeping us in the dark. Are the members of the union telling us that a man who was minister for about 24mths is responsible for power failures or is it those workers at d power station who can switch off power for just any flimsy excuse?
while i agree that the leadership of the unions should be changed, i must say, your post shows how little you know about the electricity sector and electricity in general!
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by marvix(m): 12:30am On Mar 22, 2010
@netose, nobody in this country can claim he knows the power problems in and out. If they don't want babalola they should quit if babalola is reapointed and not disturb us with their noise. The real problem of d power sector can never be who the minister is.
The power problem in dis country can only be solved by teamwork, so pls we can change the minister and the new minister on resuming should start by sackin the union leaders.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by netotse(m): 12:53am On Mar 22, 2010
marvix:

@netose, nobody in this country can claim he knows the power problems in and out. If they don't want babalola they should quit if babalola is reapointed and not disturb us with their noise. The real problem of d power sector can never be who the minister is.
The power problem in dis country can only be solved by teamwork, so pls we can change the minister and the new minister on resuming should start by sackin the union leaders.
i'm putting you in the 'bola ige' class, (pple that refuse to take the time to understand issues at play before talking/acting), do the workers decide where the money goes? sign contracts? all the workers do is maintain and operate the equipment, while it is safe to say that PHCN is corrupt and all that, saying PHCN workers are the reason that nigeria doesn't have constant electricity is a sure sign of ignorance. . .the problems nigeria is facing now, were caused by the leadership(specifically the military) but the politicians have not really helped matters either, they've spent a lot of money alright, but an equal amount has gone into private pockets(guess whose?)

the problem can never be the minister?when bola ige promised constant electricity in 6months(like most nigerians i believed him), he and OBJ then proceeded the import a lot of transformers(which wont have helped anyway) but guess what? the transformers they imported weren't suited for the NEPS, the minister can never be the problem you say. . .there has never been a minister of power that has worked A DAY in the power sector since and yet you expect them to formulate and apply policy that will move the sector forward abi?

the new minister should sack the unions? i'm starting to think you dont know much about the way labour works(or even the way nigeria works), the new minister CANNOT sack the union leadership, do you have any idea what it would take to do that?(esp for unions like the NUEE), that's one of the biggest jokes i've heard in a while. . .
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by biina: 3:00am On Mar 22, 2010
When a person is unqualified, the question of competence becomes rhetorical and moot.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by kosovo(m): 6:37am On Mar 22, 2010
Too many Unions, Too many duchebags
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by naijaking1: 6:44am On Mar 22, 2010
kosovo:

Too many Unions, Too many duchebags

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like Theodre Roosvelt said, the union and authorities have to balance. In Nigeria, the unions are way too powerful and for the wrong myopic reasons, such as not privatizing their redundant companies.
Secondly, the role of unions in underdeveloping our country needs tro be evaluated at some point.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Jarus(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2010
netotse:

yes, but we don't need an economist in the power ministry, the problem isn't strictly a money problem, i like ijeoma too,(dont know y she's against this NITEL sale though), but on the babalola issue we part ways, having read a number of reports doesnt give you the required knowledge or skill to solve the power sectors problems, i didnt place much stock in them, but did you hear the rumours that she was defending babalola when he first got into office cos she wanted to get a job with him(i think they've had some dealings at BPE or something).

one major part of the problem is that all you outsiders(no offense meant) think you appear out of nowhere and solve the power sectors problems without even understanding what the sector is all about, that's how bola ige promised steady light in 6months when it was(and still is) not possible in 6years.
as far back as october, i pasted it in the welcome to my office thread that the 6000MW goal wasn't going to happen, you dont expect workers to come out and announce something different from what their boss has announced do u?

@the bolded
ehenhen  shocked
I saw the passion with which Ijeoma was eulogizing Babalola after his appointment, and after he couldn't deliver by end of the year, she wrote another piece, trying to exonerate him.
Never knew she was writing her way into a job with Babalola though
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 22, 2010
naijaking1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like Theodre Roosvelt said, the union and authorities have to balance. In Nigeria, the unions are way too powerful and for the wrong myopic reasons, such as not privatizing their redundant companies.
Secondly, the role of[b] unions in underdeveloping our country [/b]needs tro be evaluated at some point.

if you work in corporate nigeria, you will find that a union is the only thing that will save you from management's excesses etal
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by ow11(m): 8:55am On Mar 22, 2010
@netotse

Have you on any thread written about the possible solutions to our power problems? biina and beaf had a discussion on a thread and was wondering if you could drop your 2 kobo for us to learn.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by marvix(m): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2010
Quote from netoste
do the workers decide where the money goes? sign contracts? all the workers do is maintain and operate the equipment, while it is safe to say that PHCN is corrupt and all that, saying PHCN workers are the reason that nigeria doesn't have constant electricity is a sure sign of ignorance. . .the problems nigeria is facing now, were caused by the leadership(specifically the military) but the politicians have not really helped matters either, they've spent a lot of money alright, but an equal amount has gone into private pockets(guess whose?)

the problem can never be the minister?when bola ige promised constant electricity in 6months(like most nigerians i believed him), he and OBJ then proceeded the import a lot of transformers(which wont have helped anyway) but guess what? the transformers they imported weren't suited for the NEPS, the minister can never be the problem you say. . .there has never been a minister of power that has worked A DAY in the power sector since and yet you expect them to formulate and apply policy that will move the sector forward abi?

To say that the govt and by xtension d minista alone aproves contracts for the ministry, but it is these workers that determine the nature of works to be done the engineers actually sit and determine the scope of works to be done. If Ige nd Obasanjo imported transformers that were not suitable the engrs should be blamed as a minister u can't determine things lik d specs of transformer blaming power probs on the minister is unfair it is the staff of PHCN who diverts funds, collaborate and collude with contractors to provide substandard equipments are to blame.
The union leaders can never be more powerful than d ministers and if they are, that is then the root of d power probs and d minista shld work on showing the union leaders the way out and until then we may as well kis goodbye to solving our power problems and in conclusion let's ask this question what has been the contribution of this union workers in solving the power crisis in this country?
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2010
To say that the govt and by xtension d minista alone aproves contracts for the ministry, but it is these workers that determine the nature of works to be done the engineers actually sit and determine the scope of works to be done. If Ige nd Obasanjo imported transformers that were not suitable the engrs should be blamed as a minister u can't determine things lik d specs of transformer blaming power probs on the minister is unfair it is the staff of PHCN who diverts funds, collaborate and collude with contractors to provide substandard equipments are to blame.
The union leaders can never be more powerful than d ministers and if they are, that is then the root of d power probs and d minista shld work on showing the union leaders the way out and until then we may as well kis goodbye to solving our power problems and in conclusion let's ask this question what has been the contribution of this union workers in solving the power crisis in this country?

you really have no idea how it really works , do you?

this is the sort of thing that happens

engineers recommends that 20 tranformers be procured fr a project.

minister awards contract to his girlfriend, wife,self/friend none of whom is a professional

these parties procure off spec equipment

engineer challenges them - and a witch hunt ensues

to be honest, everyone has a part to play - but the truly corrupt part of phcn is distribution. for the most part, the fellows in generation and transmission are dedicated fellows - though the hiigher you go, the more you compromise yourself
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by marvix(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
oyb:

you really have no idea how it really works , do you?

this is the sort of thing that happens

engineers recommends that 20 tranformers be procured fr a project.

minister awards contract to his girlfriend, wife,self/friend none of whom is a professional

these parties procure off spec equipment

engineer challenges them - and a witch hunt ensues

to be honest, everyone has a part to play - but the truly corrupt part of phcn is distribution. for the most part, the fellows in generation and transmission are dedicated fellows - though the hiigher you go, the more you compromise yourself

It is you who does not understand how it works PHCN engineers specify the specifications and in a worst case scenario a minister may award the contract to a senator or his wife or houseboy but these people can not do it they in turn give to an engr company.
As i write this i work with a reputable power company and all the projects we have are not given to us by any wife we work directly with PHCN the only extra thing we have nbeen doing is settling some people who can link us to get this jobs and u will agree that this goes on in all sector of our economy and it is actually the bane of our society because most projects are  always inflated to take  care of these people and let me tell you nobody buys a transformer just off a market shelve you have to place an order with the manufacturers and this is where the specs come into play so all those stupid talk of Obj and Ige buying transformers out of spec is only a stupid and senseless insinuation or do we really think that for Obj to embezzle power funds he has to buy the transformer himself, all he has to do is ask the engrs to buy, submit their prices and he marks up and that is what they actually do, that is why our power projects are very expensive and we may never be able to build power stattions like those in South Africa cos if we are to build the same type and capacity we may have to pay 10 times d actual amount. does this show you a level of understanding now?
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^^^

well, guess what - i too have worked in a reputable company that contracts for phcn this was back in 2004

perhaps you heard about how imokes girlfriend was given a contract to supply communications equipment to the transmission stations?

perhaps you heard about how the previous minister gave a contract to his friends who run a timber company to install a transformer in ondo - s always the guys first licked part of the money, and probably awarded to a 'reputable' company like yours who would deliver it at a lower standard in order to break even

perhaps you have seen all the wasting stacks of cables, transformers etc wasting away in benin transmissions transformer yard? equipment procured solely for the purpose of procurement?

you also have no idea what a proxy is, do you? when your nepa official/ minister owns a so - called power company that is automatically awarded contracts ?
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Fhemmmy: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2010
I will just like to know what the sense is in firing them and rehiring them . . . . .
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
marvix:

Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by marvix(m): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
@oyb I must tell u that within 2004 and now a lot has changed even though we still have proxies there is now at least an order to the madness. If u are interested in a big ticket transaction you must go thru some proces and the proxies come into play here and everything is involved in computin d cost. A project cld be given for 2b but d job will only cost .5b so that is d prob now and union members in PHCN are not innocent in all this sometimes they are d conduit, that is y I believe that their case is just d case of a kettle calling the pot black. Do they d union workers love us more than the minister?
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by netotse(m): 8:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
marvix:

@oyb I must tell u that within 2004 and now a lot has changed even though we still have proxies there is now at least an order to the madness. If u are interested in a big ticket transaction you must go thru some proces and the proxies come into play here and everything is involved in computin d cost. A project cld be given for 2b but d job will only cost .5b so that is d prob now and union members in PHCN are not innocent in all this sometimes they are d conduit, that is y I believe that their case is just d case of a kettle calling the pot black. Do they d union workers love us more than the minister?
i just spent a year in PHCN and i still maintain you dont know what you're talking about! so if the ministers girlfriend imports the wrong equipment who are you as a bloody civil servant to withhold her payment? you will just earn yourself unnecessary query, plus transfer to hell!

the union leaders are far from being saints but the corruption they indulge in, pales in comparison to what the ministers get up to.

apart from the ministry of power, can u name any other ministry that can boast of having provided enough funds for 2 ministers to run for governor? (yep, we in the power sector are generous like that). . .someone once explained it to me like this. . .they come in and see so much money, and they start stealing, and after stealing, they now try to do some work with the funds left, eventually they realise it wont work and this is when they resort to substandard equipment. . .

all the unions can do is call strikes, finish! so they cant be accused of mismanaging the sector!
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by marvix(m): 10:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
@netoste, are the union leaders justified in their threat to shut down power if Babalola is reappointed? Is it possible that this union leaders are not happy with Babalola because of his disturbance of their daily bread? Can d union truly cast the first stone? Should we not be more interested in why they are prepared to go on fasting so he does not come back but never thot of something like this when Imoke held sway? Do u really think that while he was minister he wasn't comited to solve the power crisis?
I'm waiting for your answers.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Akanbiedu(m): 5:19am On Mar 23, 2010
Babalola is pro-privatization. thats why the union hates him.

I think Nigerians should support privatization especially with our experience with government running business-like ventures.

The Unions don't stand for common good, it's all about their salaries,job security and in the case of PHCN, getting paid whether you work or not.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by biina: 5:40am On Mar 23, 2010
The union are doing what you would expect of them i.e. protective their collective behind.

@Akanbi_edu
Privatization is not a silver bullet.
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by netotse(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2010
marvix:

@netoste, are the union leaders justified in their threat to shut down power if Babalola is reappointed? Is it possible that this union leaders are not happy with Babalola because of his disturbance of their daily bread? Can d union truly cast the first stone? Should we not be more interested in why they are prepared to go on fasting so he does not come back but never thot of something like this when Imoke held sway? Do u really think that while he was minister he wasn't comited to solve the power crisis?
I'm waiting for your answers.

he is corrupt and incompetent, how do u expect an economist to run a company full of engineers? all he knows how to say is 'gas', 'gas', 'gas'. . .he cant be disturbing their daily bread, he's a political appointee they come and go, do u know how they look at them in the civil service? 'let the nuisance come and make his noise, sebi he will eventually leave and i will still be here'. . .the man doesnt know how to think in terms of the power sector, our problems are not economic, they are planning and engineering problems. how on earth is an economist supposed to understand them?. . .

they didn't make this much noise during imoke cos imoke is the minister that has done the most work in the power sector(he was a lawyer sef) you're an outsider so you wont understand, but most of what you see now, all the new stations came about under imoke. . .can u mention any sensible thing yar' adua (and his ilk) has done in the power sector? if not for OBJ, the 200-and-something MW you're getting wouldn't even be possible. . . i'm sure you didnt read the 234NEXT articles i pasted links to. . .in a report attached to the articles you'll see the highest generation in the history of naija was under imoke(OBJ) 35XXMW or something like that.

who cares if he was committed? he didnt know what to do, or how to do it, i said it earlier, i knew in SEPTEMBER that 6000MW was a lie, and even if it appeared by magic, our transmission network wouldnt have been able to wheel it, people expected more from him since he has a degree in a power related field(so much for a PhD in power system economics), but his foundation is faulty, we dont need number crunchers in the power sector!

you might argue that his not being an engineer doesnt count, but why wont we have a non-medical person as a min of health? or a non finiancial person as a minister of finance? it's because we take those ministries serious. . .until we start taking power serious in nigeria nothing significant will change, throwing money at the power sector wont solve the problems, govt can make all the money available and we'll just keep supplying governors. . .lol.

truth is for those that know, the NESI(nigerian el supply industry) is a cash cow, power is extremely capital intensive, far more than telecomms et al. so there's a lot of money available for embezzling, so there are a lot of people that want in on the action, and govt. is playing politics with power in nigeria, how else do u explain not having a professional as minister since 1999? it's only ppl with political clout we've had!

those crying deregulation should shut the hell up!. . .the power sector cant be deregulated just like that, if it was, your nepa bill would more than triple and it's the same people that'd be crying murder.

P.S.
i'm not an imoke fan, it was under him power stations were built without pipelines to supply the full the turbines would use, others were built without transmission lines to evacuate the power generated, stations were built in places where they had no roads to transport the turbines to the power stations but he was better than babalola hands down!
Re: Unions Threaten To Shut Down Power Sector If Babalola Is Re-appointed by Akanbiedu(m): 12:16am On Mar 24, 2010
biina:

The union are doing what you would expect of them i.e. protective their collective behind.

@Akanbi_edu
Privatization is not a silver bullet.

Well. There is no unique solution to problems like these. But there is one thing I know, those who do not support privatization in Nigeria at this time do not know how BAD the situation is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fatal Voyage! 18 Cultists Sailed Into Troubled Waters / Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others / Abia-state Airport-can Governor Orji Deliver?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.