Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (51642 Views)

My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short / Why Am I Getting Interviews, But Not A Job? / Are You A Youth & Thinking Of Where To Start Out. Attended Interviews But No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by dabossman(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:

Makes no sense if a business will alter his corporate culture which is supposed to be people-centered to vested interest centered, such businesses are the corporate macrocosm of the myopic individuals who think tattoo culture is a vice.

It does not matter which entity is stupid, I know some individuals are stupid, but corporations are entities too, so corporations are as smart as the minds running them, so if a bunch of ignorant punks with a lot of money in their pockets set up a for-profit organization and change their corporate responsibilities because of vested interest of others who out of THEIR IGNORANCE chastise innocent citizens with body arts and tattoos, it still does not make your argument worth this analogy. I am just stating the obvious and if you are interested in seeing my point of view, then there is no reason you shouldnt see the point. But the ego is our common denominator, and I can see we are doing just fine.

I am hopeful that some day, you all will not only evaluate an opinion but stand up for something, and I hope it be something worth your IQs.
But for me, Billyonaire, I will continue to judge people based on their content of character and not just dismiss them because of an inbuilt ignorant belief that those with tattoos are criminals. That is what this argument is about. We must address that ignorance on the part of individuals or corporate entities to make a head way.

I rest this case (for now)

I'm still trying to locate where it was said that he was turned down because he was perceived as a "criminal".

It is always amusing how folks like you who claim to be liberal tend to be condescending towards people who hold a more conservative opinion to issues. Always quick to ridicule their level of intelligence and what not. I thought being liberal also had to do with being open to divergent views even if you don't totally agree? Must your view point always be the correct and more intelligent one? Maybe you are not so liberal after all.

#justsaying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by periphetes: 9:06am On Nov 12, 2017
Mehn the job guy is stubborn and ignorant. Why should he wait on until the 30th time before knowing his problem. You can't keep doing or having same thing and then expecting a different result.
If he really needs a job let him abide to the company's rules or policy.

No Nigerian will wait the 30th time to be rejected. when there are makeup you can use to conceal it haba grin

4 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2017
pesinfada:
You are d one timid,4not knowin dat u don't need to add any design to ur body in d 1st place.

Either u or d guy is suffering from inferiority complex.
bros na true ooooo timidity alone is a form of bondage...I know you might want to argue the facts but before u argue too much remember we only studied neither of us invented english...
Below is a proper breakdown of the meaning of timid..

lacking in self-assurance, courage, or bravery; easily alarmed; timorous; shy. 2. characterized by or indicating fear: a timid approach to a problem..

So in all the advises u have read here are u saying none fell into the class of timidity? Is a litmus test for ur knowledge of English..

The whole world awaits to read..Goodluck..
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 12, 2017
this is nothing, my next door neighbor an Irish guy covered his whole face with a tatoo of spider, he also tatooed his skull as he has no hair, Although he is a nice guy but when i told him that i don't like his tatoos he called me a racist, i say well..that's fine..

these tree huggers with Ridiculous tatoos are trying to shove the acceptance of tatooed necks and faces down my throat.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by TWoods(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:

My response was geared towards the very negative blow back this news has generated on this 'Nigerian' forum which I consider primarily ignorant, and that is the basis of my point of view. It does not mean that the 'white employers' who deny him jobs are smarter.

Any individual or corporate entity who sees tattoo as a vice is moronic, ignorant and biased. Any contrary opinion to this is just an opinion that needs to be re-screened and those with the mindset need education on how to reason properly.

This is a senseless statement. Google, ExxonMobil, Facebook, Amazon - all are corporate giants earning far more than your country spends as its entire yearly budget. You will never find ANY of its public-facing executives with such tattoos. I will bet my last dollar that those people are not "moronic, ignorant or biased". They are simply smart people who understand that branding is a key aspect of remaining competitive. Tattoos may not be bad, but lets be frank, such a tattoo tells me more about the person than anything he/she has to say at an interview. That is a person who is likely impulsive, lacks the capacity for good judgement and shortsighted. Those are traits i would not want in a potential employee.

9 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Why do they have throw in in football when the ball crosses the line? It is the rule of the game but Americans think football aka soccer is stupid. You learn x and y in Maths class even though they are never used in real life. Why? It is all about weeding out process. Like they say, life is not fair. Tattoo is a body art. Well... many employers beg to differ. The question is: Why would a prospective employee limit himself by not adhering to the rules of the game? It is not about right or wrong. Just like in football, if you don't understand the rules of the game, you lose. A beggar has limited choices.

It cannot get any more real than this lad. Reality just kicked him in the nuts.

//

InvertedHammer, congratulations, you are the most tolerant person on this forum on this subject that has raised valid points, by introducing the 'Rules of the Game' analogy and I must say, I am impressed and I feel challenged to re-appraise my point of view again. I, in all honesty, on my journey through Life, seeks to grow daily in knowledge, hence I go through the threads and respond only to wise challenges and view points as I am not interested in popular opinions, but the ones like yours are the ones I listen to, in order to become a greater version of myself.

Granted, that you have introduce the Rules of The Game analogy into the Equation, but remember, the existing problems in this world are because a strata of people, Humans ofcourse are stereotyped, classified and stigmatized. We must understand that this is a fact. For example, Tattoos are not considered 'proper' in a 'corporate' culture. But then we are the same people saying that the Corporate Culture is an imperfect manufacturer of unemployment, denial of service and out-right fraud. If there is a rule which prevents the corporate world from absorbing staff who have body art, by not making attempt to 'understand', 'innerstand' and 'overstand' not just 'know' that tattoo wearers 'must' be bad.

Stay with me on the point. The Rule of This Game, is what makes many jobless and homeless, and the rule of the game equally encourages flirting, office romance, exortic marketing skills, contract jobs and generates impossible Targets for workers to meet up. And makes our homes full of stress. You can see, that your argument seeks to maintain a status quo, but I am saying that the Rules are not Just.

Justice can only be achieved when the Rules of the Game are products of WISE decision making process that tailors the need to judge people by their actions and contents of characters and not by their tattoos.

So, you can see, in my point of view, there is no Rule of the Game that is worth our support, such Rules should be trashed if our planet is to make headway. We must begin to reason based on the First Principle. The Young Man needs a job so he can have access to Food, Shelter and Clothing. And if fellow Humans deny him access to using his sweat, tears and blood to achieve those basic needs, then what society are we building ?

Are we so proud of the corporate culture the way it is now ? I think to change this world to a better place, we must begin to disband the Rules of the Games that are no longer serving us, all of us. We must make Rules of Game that seeks to incorporate everyone irrespective of their body type, etc.

And I want you all to know that if you have ever judged someone based on their tattoo, you are just an augmented racist, cos it is just a higher way of judging a skin color, while the tribalist are the on lower end of the mentally challenged bestiality scale. The more we are educated, the less human we become and we begin to Challenge what is considered norm by the rest of the 'masses'. I guess this is why the best minds seek to live in isolation and never care to air their opinions, because they just see the rest of the humans as dumb and easy to be used.

My point is; There is no Rules of Games here, it is just an ignorant mindset that has found its way into corporate cultures.

The Designers, who partook in the Design of the Human Body, are impressed that we can even modify our bodies to become what ever we want. It is the reason we are being modified always to look better than the past generation of human species.

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by AceVentura: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:
This timid generation of humans do not recognize tattoo as a creative body art that it is. They just harbour stupid biased convinction that tattoo must be bad without asking themselves if Body art is what commits crime.

Why don't you employ him

5 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by SirGoldEjike(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2017
terrezo2002:
Thou shalt not make any markings on your body the Bible says. Many people take these words for a joke.

Well, let him apply for jobs in club houses and brothels. I am certain he will get job there

And if he gets Born again! Should he still go to the club house for a Job?
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Edoziesmart(m): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2017
RSVP:
You better go back to your factory work.

Same thing will happen to all dis G guys flaunting tattoos forming Michael Scofield.

Dem no dey telli persin.

Did G guys told you they are looking for work?
Those ones are self employed
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by dabossman(m): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2017
TWoods:

This is a senseless statement. Google, ExxonMobil, Facebook, Amazon - all are corporate giants earning far more than your country spends as its entire yearly budget. You will never find ANY of its public-facing executives with such tattoos. I will bet my last dollar that those people are not "moronic, ignorant or biased". They are simply smart people who understand that branding is a key aspect of remaining competitive. Tattoos may not be bad, but lets be frank, such a tattoo tells me more about the person than anything he/she has to say at an interview. That is a person who is likely impulsive, lacks the capacity for good judgement and shortsighted. Those are traits i would not want in a potential employee.

His comments that you bolded is the real problem with his likes. How someone can label the views of billions of people around the world from different races in such a manner yet claim to be liberal minded baffles me. That level of intolerance is just so amusing.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by nototribalist: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2017
terrezo2002:
Thou shalt not make any markings on your body the Bible says. Many people take these words for a joke.

Well, let him apply for jobs in club houses and brothels.

today na Sunday, tell us the chapter and verse wey talk am for Bible. Otherwise get the fck out of here

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by bongolistik(m): 9:28am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:

InvertedHammer, congratulations, you are the most tolerant person on this forum on this subject that has raised valid points, by introducing the 'Rules of the Game' analogy and I must say, I am impressed and I feel challenged to re-appraise my point of view again. I, in all honesty, on my journey through Life, seeks to grow daily in knowledge, hence I go through the threads and respond only to wise challenges and view points as I am not interested in popular opinions, but the ones like yours are the ones I listen to, in order to become a greater version of myself.

Granted, that you have introduce the Rules of The Game analogy into the Equation, but remember, the existing problems in this world are because a strata of people, Humans ofcourse are stereotyped, classified and stigmatized. We must understand that this is a fact. For example, Tattoos are not considered 'proper' in a 'corporate' culture. But then we are the same people saying that the Corporate Culture is an imperfect manufacturer of unemployment, denial of service and out-right fraud. If there is a rule which prevents the corporate world from absorbing staff who have body art, by not making attempt to 'understand', 'innerstand' and 'overstand' not just 'know' that tattoo wearers 'must' be bad.

Stay with me on the point. The Rule of This Game, is what makes many jobless and homeless, and the rule of the game equally encourages flirting, office romance, exortic marketing skills, contract jobs and generates impossible Targets for workers to meet up. And makes our homes full of stress. You can see, that your argument seeks to maintain a status quo, but I am saying that the Rules are not Just.

Justice can only be achieved when the Rules of the Game are products of WISE decision making process that tailors the need to judge people by their actions and contents of characters and not by their tattoos.

So, you can see, in my point of view, there is no Rule of the Game that is worth our support, such Rules should be trashed if our planet is to make headway. We must begin to reason based on the First Principle. The Young Man needs a job so he can have access to Food, Shelter and Clothing. And if fellow Humans deny him access to using his sweat, tears and blood to achieve those basic needs, then what society are we building ?

Are we so proud of the corporate culture the way it is now ? I think to change this world to a better place, we must begin to disband the Rules of the Games that are no longer serving us all of us. We must must Rules of the Game that seeks to incorporate everyone irrespective of their body type, etc.

And I want you all to know that if you have ever judged someone based on their tattoo, you are just an augmented racist, cos it is just a higher way of judging a skin color, while the tribalist are the on lower end of the mentally challenged bestiality scale. The more we are educated, the less human we become and we begin to Challenge what is considered norm by the rest of the 'masses'. I guess this is why the best minds seek to live in isolation and never care to air their opinions, because they just see the rest of the humans as dumb and easy to be used.

My point is; There is no Rules of Games here, it is just an ignorant mindset that has found its way into corporate cultures.

The Designers, who partook in the Design of the Human Body, are impressed that we can even modify our bodies to become what ever we want. It is the reason we are being modified always to look better than the past generation of human species.
bros I know you are trying to raise valid points, but I assure you that you will end up losing this debate. If people are to be judged only by the content of their characters in the corporate world and beyond, if tattoos and other factors are to be ignored as basis for employability, I bet you that people will even wear panties and bra to their corporate jobs and maybe you shouldn't also judge them by what they wear since you don't want them to be judged by tattoos. "Afterall intelligence is in the brain and not in panties and bra". So would you accept people that are brainy and know their job very well but will always come to work in your company on panties and bra alone?

5 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 12, 2017
bongolistik:

I don't have issues with tattoos, but if you know that the society you live in can use because of tattoo to deny you your future job, then if you remain tattooless, you will not die, you will not be sick, you will not go mad, people with contrary opinions about tattoo won't see you awkward, rather you will even increase your chances of securing a job in corporate world.

I have never seen a job that discriminate against being tattooless, even clubhouse, brothel, artiste jobs et Al, but I have seen countless jobs that discriminate tattoo wearing.

Being tattooless doesn't make you less human, in fact it improves your acceptability everywhere you go around the globe.

Ronaldo is a world class professional footballer, he is tattooless and it has never stopped him from being recognised neither has his tattooless body prevented him from playing less of a football nor reduced his brand or popularity in his career.

The problem in this world is ourselves; you know that some societies discriminate against tattoos, you know that some jobs discriminate against tattoos yet you still spend that hard currency of yours in getting expensive tattoos and still blame societies for not giving you job because of your tattoos.

Some at a point in their lifetime even start regretting their tattoos. Why then carve for yourself what you don't even know if you will regret later.

Tonto Dike today turned a controversial pastor and she had spoken about her regrets about her tattoos.

Many times I see that people don't actually know what they want for themselves, it is just like those days in secondary school when youthful exuberance was at its peak, the school will demand normal straight cut trousers for the senior students, some instead of wearing the required trousers, they will rather convert theirs to palazzos just to remain awkward.

Finally, we should just be careful with ourselves, especially on some of our carefree actions that can simply jeopardise our own future. Just like killing yourself by yourself

I will respond to you, because yours has no emotional coloration;

Listen, all that you write up there are just amplifications of the ripples of this ignorant stigmatization of tattoos. You are asking me to ignore the structures that empowers stigmatization of body arts and continue to promote how human beings must navigate their ways through laws that are not serving all humans of different mindsets ? Instead of telling people not to get tattoos they love because they will be denied jobs, why dont we put that effort into educating the moronic corporate cultures and the stupid individual mind set that 'believes' tattoo wearers are outlaws ?

The hypocrisy of humans is when an A-list celebrity wears tattoo and it is loved, but an employee, who loves tattoo has no place to be hired. Ponder with me; If celebrities, who are not on paid job, love tattoo, then tattoo represents freedom. But it is not supposed to be so. The Creator God in his infinite wisdom inspires each person how to make their body be like. But then Religions and Corporate cultures have brainwash the 'sheep' into 'acceptable' standards which must be upheld. And the very Freedom of a Human, to express his/herself has been stifled by an ignorantly promulgated improper labeling and classification.

I will no longer tolerate anyone who judge people based on a stupid law, set up by a stupid government to keep humanity stupid. We must begin to think outside this lower level of reasoning, as sub-species. What someone does with his/her private part just as what anyone draws on his/her body, is his personal business with the maker of that body.

No sovereign, corporate or individual entity has the right to make rules that stifles the freedom and happiness, liberty and glory of any human being on this planet any longer.

I stand for how things are supposed to be, not how we are forced to survive.

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2017
This is the problem I have with people that see themselves as liberal, they feel they are more civilized than others. They see the bad as not so bad and So everyone must accept it that way ,anyone who holds a contrary view is perceived as backward and unintelligent
.They even ignore their own foolishness on purpose ,imagine someone getting such a disturbing tattoo on his neck and expects to be treated special for his shortsightedness ,which liberals will translate to being daring,and others are timid just like the guy said earlier
dabossman:

I'm still trying to locate where it was said that he was turned down because he was perceived as a "criminal".

It is always amusing how folks like you who claim to be liberal tend to be condescending towards people who hold a more conservative opinion to issues. Always quick to ridicule their level of intelligence and what not. I thought being liberal also had to do with being open to divergent views even if you don't totally agree? Must your view point always be the correct and more intelligent one? Maybe you are not so liberal after all.

#justsaying

5 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by tintingz(m): 9:37am On Nov 12, 2017
terrezo2002:

Well, let him apply for jobs in club houses and brothels. I am certain he will get job there

In U.S thier police can tattoo thier body, he should apply for police force job.

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by InvertedHammer: 9:40am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:

Are we so proud of the corporate culture the way it is now ? I think to change this world to a better place, we must begin to disband the Rules of the Games that are no longer serving us, all of us. We must make Rules of Game that seeks to incorporate everyone irrespective of their body type, etc.

Race: One is born into a particular race. No other option.
Gender: Either male or female or hermaphrodite or Bobrinsky.
I frown at people being ostracized for what they have no control over. Getting a tattoo is not one of them. Like they say, forewarned is fore-armed. We live in a highly judgmental world and any rational being should know how to adapt. It is a necessity of life. Racism is wrong and abhorable. Infact it is punishable under the law. However there are some neighbourhoods I have no business entering because I am black just as other races are limited in which areas they can move to or live in. That is common sense at work considering that we don't live in a perfect world.

If this man has his own business, no one would care. But businesses have shown that they are biased against tattoos. What would a sane person do? Don't get hideous tattoos if you want to be employed. A third class graduate can moan all he/she wants, the fact is that businesses prefer first class graduates. The options are vivid: Get stellar grades and increase your odds or remain unemployable. The same goes for tattoos. The hatred for tattoos in the employment arena is known to all. But this kid just had to prove a point. And he did.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 12, 2017
terrezo2002:

Well, let him apply for jobs in club houses and brothels.

even tribal mark
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by bongolistik(m): 9:51am On Nov 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

I frown at people being ostracized for what they have no control over. Getting a tattoo is not one of them. Like they say, forewarned is fore-armed. We live in a highly judgmental world and any rational being should know how to adapt. It is a necessity of life. Racism is wrong and abhorable. Infact it is punishable under the law. However there are some neighbourhoods I have no business entering because I am black just as other races are limited in which areas they can move to or live in. That is common sense at work considering that we don't live in a perfect world.

If this man has his own business, no one would care. But businesses have shown that they are biased against tattoos. What would a sane person do? Don't get hideous tattoos if you want to be employed. A third class graduate can moan all he/she wants, the fact is that businesses prefer first class graduates. The options are vivid: Get stellar grades and increase your odds or remain unemployable. The same goes for tattoos. The hatred for tattoos in the employment arena is known to all. But this kid just had to prove a point. And he did.
outstanding reply! I told Bilyonaire up there that if people are to be judged only by the content of their characters as he suggested and not by tattoo and other factors, then it means that even what they wear shouldn't also be a criteria for employment since intelligence is in the brain. Maybe people should only wear panties and bra with tattoos to their various offices, and nobody should also judge them for that.

The only thing that Bilyonaire failed to understand is that if these rules are not there, the corporate world wouldn't be what they are today and even the world at large would have gone out of place

5 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by masks(m): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:
This timid generation of humans do not recognize tattoo as a creative body art that it is. They just harbour stupid biased convinction that tattoo must be bad without asking themselves if Body art is what commits crime.
timid humans brov? I believe he met 30 different or more human beings with the same opinion about tattoos....haba bros! this is not about being timid......I believe there are standard rules in any organisation about how you should look...if that tattoo was drawn on his arm or any other place that isn't REALLY obvious I'm sure he would have nailed a job by now. I believe it wasn't a proper place to do the art on if you are planning on working in a decent establishment

3 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by yeyedeysmell(f): 9:56am On Nov 12, 2017
When makeup gurus can easily conceal some crazy yoruba tribal marks....is he a learner??

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by dabossman(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2017
InvertedHammer:

And then we are supposed to applaud and accept his poor judgement (read that as stupidity) just so we don't come across as being stupid for not being more liberal.

Every man must be ready to live by the consequences of their action and stop whining about some so called discrimination over something that is self inflicted. He made a choice. The employers also made theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 12, 2017
a jobless dude had £250 pounds for a tatoo .

2 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by dabossman(m): 10:11am On Nov 12, 2017
bongolistik:
outstanding reply! I told Bilyonaire up there that if people are to be judged only by the content of their characters as he suggested and not by tattoo and other factors, then it means that even what they wear shouldn't also be a criteria for employment since intelligence is in the brain. Maybe people should only wear panties and bra with tattoos to their various offices, and nobody should also judge them for that.

The only thing that Bilyonaire failed to understand is that if these rules are not there, the corporate world wouldn't be what they are today and even the world at large would have gone out of place

And he keeps on throwing around the word "IGNORANT" when in actual fact those companies made VERY INFORMED decisions based on the type of image their organization seeks to portray and how employing this guy with such a visible tattoo may affect that.

Finally, how are we sure this guy got rejected because of his tattoo. Maybe he is just crying wolf and didn't get those jobs because he is incompetent. This entire article is only his side of the story.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by juman(m): 10:20am On Nov 12, 2017
If he really needs job, he should go and remove the tatto.

Easy as ABC.

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by DONFASZY(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2017
Let d tatooo now generate money to feed u
Jus go to a zoo and stay in one decent cage

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by ilori1930(m): 10:50am On Nov 12, 2017
Looking at your comment below as per emotional bias, your comments on this thread so far has proven to be the most emotionally fuelled rather than being objectively inclined. This is because each of your posts has abusive words in them. Rules are rules, without them we are savages. You also draw an analogy using an "A-list celebrity" forgetting that the so called A-list celebrity is not under a paid employment with a corporate organisation. Rather the celebrity sells his/her own product directly; music; artistry or other creation of art he/she makes. If you are not being hypocritical, you would agree that a first impression matters a lot and what gives that first impression most times is your physical appearance. If this young man have sought employment with a Nicki Minaj or Lil Wayne, I am sure he wouldn't have been be turned down, at least not because of his tatoo. This is because likes attract likes. Arnold Schwarzeneger is an A-rated celebrity but I doubt if he would have emerged as the Governor of California with tatoos on the prominent part of his body.

We live in a prejudiced world. If you intend to join an organization as its employee or join any kind of association for that matter, you will need to abide by their rules. Even when you get in and you start going against the rules, you will be shown the way out. You can only please your self without having to bend to other peoples rules and conditions if you are the employer of your own self. The young man should create his own employment if he doesn't want to be responsible to anybody for his tatoo.

Billyonaire:

I will respond to you, because yours has no emotional coloration;

Listen, all that you write up there are just amplifications of the ripples of this ignorant stigmatization of tattoos. You are asking me to ignore the structures that empowers stigmatization of body arts and continue to promote how human beings must navigate their ways through laws that are not serving all humans of different mindsets ? Instead of telling people not to get tattoos they love because they will be denied jobs, why dont we put that effort into educating the moronic corporate cultures and the stupid individual mind set that 'believes' tattoo wearers are outlaws ?

The hypocrisy of humans is when an A-list celebrity wears tattoo and it is loved, but an employee, who loves tattoo has no place to be hired. Ponder with me; If celebrities, who are not on paid job, love tattoo, then tattoo represents freedom. But it is not supposed to be so. The Creator God in his infinite wisdom inspires each person how to make their body be like. But then Religions and Corporate cultures have brainwash the 'sheep' into 'acceptable' standards which must be upheld. And the very Freedom of a Human, to express his/herself has been stifled by an ignorantly promulgated improper labeling and classification.

I will no longer tolerate anyone who judge people based on a stupid law, set up by a stupid government to keep humanity stupid . We must begin to think outside this lower level of reasoning, as sub-species. What someone does with his/her private part just as what anyone draws on his/her body, is his personal business with the maker of that body.

No sovereign, corporate or individual entity has the right to make rules that stifles the freedom and happiness, liberty and glory of any human being on this planet any longer.

I stand for how things are supposed to be, not how we are forced to survive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by holyeye1989(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2017
He should enter UFC for sucide mission

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by spine: 11:16am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire,
to be fair, i would say you do not sound unintelligent. perhaps it explains why a fair number are hoping you may see things differently. that said
lets see if we can momentarily come out of your line of thought for a bit and attempt to see things from a different angle

its fair to say that a man who decides to adorn his skin with body art on his neck to show how cherished the memory of his loved one is can be deemed to be very passionate in his expression of love on one hand, however the choice of putting it boldly on his neck rather than on his chest, back or any part his apparel can help conceal and lessen undue scrutiny puts him in the realm of one seeking attention from the public.
i believe we can admit this much.
people in their thousands in the corporate world over have body art, piercings, wear thongs or no underwear at all, participate in orgies, use drugs and have what the corporate world regards as unacceptable. The important thing is you need to keep certain things less conspicuous and in check rather than wear them like a badge of honor. call it maturity, wisdom, common sense, rules or the norm there has to be a boundary for what is permissible in certain places.
you may find a few people in the jamaican parliament with dreads and it works fine but you wont keep dreads and be party whip in the repoblican party or worse still APC

You might be great at what you do, but its an oddity and a thumbs down for that cool Dj who is really good but insists on wearing the local Adire with zero style to a Dj interview,
a diligent Pentecostal sister would very likely get fired for holding public prayer sessions in the briefing room in a multinational organisation citing freedom of association,
or the english teacher would get sanctioned for wearing bum shorts and nice gladiator sandals to teach in class even though the performance of students has improved tremendously since she resumed

The fact that you're in the realm of being an employee rather than a very capable employer means unequivocally that you need to conform to existing rules regardless of whether it corroborates with your personal beliefs. if you desire to start a revolution you would probably need to liberate yourself and rewrite the rules in the way that suits you and hire people using your own chosen parameters and let the world see what they have been missing with you success story.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by tiwiex(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:
He is free to have a tattoo. It is in such a ridiculous place. The first thing that will come to mind is gang member.

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by aril: 11:32am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire The Creator God in his infinite wisdom inspires each person how to make their body be like. But then Religions and Corporate cultures have brainwash the 'sheep' into 'acceptable' standards which must be upheld. And the very Freedom of a Human, to express his/herself has been stifled by an ignorantly promulgated improper labeling and classification.

I really want to learn something new from your point of view, most importantly the bolded above.

Let me introduce you to Martina Big. Do take your time to read intelligible. I have provided you with source link and I will appreciate if you can correlate your bolded point above with Martina Big's story.

Who is Martina Big? Woman with 32S boobs born white who used tanning injections and now identifies as black.

The German glamour model has spent £50,000 boosting her boobs to be the 'biggest breasts in Europe' and now claims she has 'transformed' into a black woman

MARTINA Big claims to have the biggest boobs in Europe – and now identifies as BLACK after having tanning injections.

Here’s everything you need to know about the German glamour model…

Who is Martina Big and how big are her boobs?

Martina is a former air hostess from Trier, who gained notoriety after having a ‘blow-up boob job’ that pumped her chest to an incredible size 32S.

The 29-year-old even has her bras custom-made to boost her cleavage.

Martina’s boobs are ‘pumped up’ with saline injections – and she’s previously said she wanted to become the “ultimate real-life Barbie bimbo”.

She’s engaged to her high school sweetheart Michael, a former pilot, who Martina met when she was 17.

The model, who was born white, had a 50-tube sunbed installed in her home – and also uses tanning injections to transform her skin colour.

Martina, who has spent £50,000 on boob jobs, previously told viewers on This Morning she wanted to emulate Katie Price.

She hasn’t been able to see her feet for two years, and aims to become the official Guinness World Record holder for having the largest breasts.

Her boobs currently measure 49.6 inches, while her underbust measurement is 26.8 inches.

Martina’s parents and younger sister died in glaze frost car accident in 2011.

Does Martina Big identify as black?

In July 2017, Martina hit headlines again by claiming she had successfully “transformed” into a “black woman”.

She unveiled her new look on a trip to Los Angeles – posing in front of the iconic Hollywood sign.

Martina said: “Last time I visited this with blonde hair and white skin – and now I’m a black woman with African hair.”

But she’s been criticised by the Race Equality Foundation, who believe she has a “limited understanding” of the challenges ethnic minority groups face.

Martina has been charting her extreme makeover on Facebook.

In June, she wrote: “Yesterday I was with an African hairdresser and got a hair extension with curly, African hair.

“To become more and more a black woman, that is such a wonderful feeling. I’m so happy.

“Next, I’ll have consultations for the butt enlargement and for the African facial features.”

She plans to have a nose job, to “make it look African”, and also wants 1.5 kilograms of implants added to each buttock.

At the time Jabeer Butt, Deputy Chief Executive at the Race Equality Foundation, told The Sun Online: “It’s a very sad and disappointing situation really if people assume it’s just skin colour that makes you black.

“She has a very limited understanding of what it means to be black or an ethnic minority today, and the challenges faced.

“Her story distracts from the problems black people are truly facing today.”

Martina has vowed to get “darker and darker and see what the limits are”.

She’s also said she can’t wait to go to Africa because she hears “the food is tasty”.

Appearing on US chat show Maury in September, she said: “I am black. That is my race.”

When asked, “Martina, do you think you’re a black person?” she replied: “Yes, but 80 per cent. I have to learn a lot. I know.”...

www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/4592146/martina-big-32s-boobs-born-white-tanning-injections-identifies-black/amp/

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by mekuso89(m): 11:43am On Nov 12, 2017
Billyonaire:
when you open your own company remember to employ people like that ohh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Joining Confraternity Before Getting A Job / "I Am Eating Suya With Your NNPC Application Letter For 2017 Job" / See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.