Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,035 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (51611 Views)

My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short / Why Am I Getting Interviews, But Not A Job? / Are You A Youth & Thinking Of Where To Start Out. Attended Interviews But No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by imustsaymymindo: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
Billyonaire:

You are stating your opinion, which mirrors the same reason this guy isnt getting a job. It is that opinionated mindset that I address, so what is the point emphasizing my point as opposing to the 'norm' ? The rational thing to do, is Listen to us who have contrary opinions, may be it is our own understanding of issues that holds the key to evening the odds in the world today.

I have a close friend who lost a mum at tender age, he has his mother's name tattooed on him and he is passionate about the memory, he does not even go to club needless to say become a vice, so if he was the job seeking type, the ignorant public perception of tattoo will become an opinion for a company to form a mission statement and refuse to hire him just because of an artwork on his hand that he holds dear to his heart.

I constantly ponder a mind pattern that judges people based on their outward appearance instead of their contents of character.

Nigerians refuse to read, hence they have refused to grow mentally, which is why we end up with idiots in politics and other areas of life.

Who ever begins to respect dissent view will witness a new lease of life.

Lol. You are also stating your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by VeeInsider: 8:05am On Nov 14, 2017
Ever seen a cop with tattoo?
tintingz:
In U.S thier police can tattoo thier body, he should apply for police force job.
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by VeeInsider: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2017
grin
kalufelix:

This One Don Carry God Enta The Mata.. Small Time Now E Go Quote One Thing From Book ... Chai Its A Pity
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by tintingz(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2017
VeeInsider:
Ever seen a cop with tattoo?
U.S police are allowed to tattoo their body, I don't know of other countries.
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by guiddoti: 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
LesbianBoy:
This same employers now, they would do something stoopid tomorrow and if people talk, they would say "don't judge"....See how they are judging this guy because of tattoo angry
Do you even understand "Thou shall not judge" why do we have judiciary in the first place..? When you see what is not good, in as much as you are not doing it, you judge it.
However, every companies have their norms which every staffs are to abide. He probably does not fit to their norms through his representation. He can as well wear rags to interview and expect to be employed.
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by VeeInsider: 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2017
True talk
guiddoti:
Do you even understand "Thou shall not judge" why do we have judiciary in the first place..? When you see what is not good, in as much as you are not doing it, you judge it.
However, every companies have their norms which every staffs are to abide. He probably does not fit to their norms through his representation. He can as well wear rags to interview and expect to be employed.
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by VeeInsider: 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
They didn't tell him why they were rejecting him.
periphetes:
Mehn the job guy is stubborn and ignorant. Why should he wait on until the 30th time before knowing his problem. You can't keep doing or having same thing and then expecting a different result.
If he really needs a job let him abide to the company's rules or policy.

No Nigerian will wait the 30th time to be rejected. when there are makeup you can use to conceal it haba grin
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by hriz(m): 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2017
terrezo2002:
Thou shalt not make any markings on your body the Bible says. Many people take these words for a joke.

Well, let him apply for jobs in club houses and brothels.

The chapter begins with God giving Moses a message for the Israelites about the need to be holy, to respect parents, and to avoid idolatry (verses 1-4). Next are instructions for peace offerings (5-cool, food aid for poor people and foreigners (9-10), and various instructions relating to ethical treatment of others (11-18) and agricultural practices (19). The chapter regulates sex between masters and slaves (20-22), as well the use of fruit from young trees (23-25). The chapter closes with a variety of other regulations on several subjects (26-36) and a general instruction to obey all of God's commands (37). Leviticus 19:28, "Thou shall sleep with another man whom is not yours, on the other mans birthday."

The laws of Leviticus 19 are put in no obvious order, and as a result scholars tend to think that the chapter includes a collection of regulations from various sources.[1
Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by tammie24: 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
WORDWORLD:

I actually clicked the link to read the whole story for myself and I honestly didn't come across where it says that this guy, Joe Parson with TATTOO ON HIS NECK ever hunted for jobs in Nigeria to start with, hence where did the "NIGERIANS HAVE REFUSED TO GROW MENTALLY" come from if it is his fellow country men in Europe or America that keep turning him down any where he goes to hunt for jobs. Perhaps they are the ones who FIRSTLY NEED TO GROW UP and then Nigerians will emulate them. I presume it happened in England judging by the currency. Shall we then say THEY HAVE REFUSED TO READ TOO and that they are a bunch of "IDIOTS".?

I bet you if this same guy job hunts in Nigeria, he is MOST LIKELY going to get a very LUCRATIVE JOB because he is WHITE and the tattoo on his neck won't even be a barrier as long as he knows what he is doing,even if he doesn't, he will still be given a chance because the BLACK MAN sees the WHITE MAN as a GOD to be adore, this one with a tattoo on his neck may even for that reason earn him greater WORSHIP. While you treat the WHITE MAN like a GOD. The WHITE man mostly treats the BLACK MAN like a DOG. Yet, it still boils down to ***REPUTATION of BLACKS who are mostly not proud and happy with the color of their skin and who they are. Hence, INFERIORITY COMPLEX and you are treated less than a human being. For you think less of your privilege as a human, UNGRATEFUL.

I asterix ***REPUTATION so as to bring a point home. Tattoos are mostly inscribed by TAOUTS, RASCALS, GANG STARS, CRIMINALS,people who dem to be DANGEROUS who take drugs. That is the REPUTATION of tattoo. Its not inscribed by serious minded people. You don't find Bill Gate or Bill Clinton.......................... with tattoo and even if at all they would it WON'T BE ON THEIR NECK. This guy's tattoo on his neck to start with is very ABNORMAL. No NORMAL PERSON will want to see beyond that tattoo to the content of his character. For tattoo already carries a REPUTATION not so good and this one is even so boldly on his neck.

As to content of character, Martin Luther King , Jr. Once said . "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character".

Martin's emphasis was color of the skin, which is not your own making, a natural phenomenon. Which is an IRRATIONALITY to be despised by mere colour of the skin. But tattoo is an artificial inscription and mind you this guy is being DISCRIMINATED against most obviously by people of same color skin as his.

I as well agree with the old wise saying: "DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER" but then, there are limits to every thing. TATTOO ON THE NECK IS VERY ABNORMAL. INFACT WHERE EVER HE GOES HUNTING FOR JOB, THAT TATTOO ON HIS NECK MAKES THEM SEE HIM AS AN ABNORMAL PERSON. Where it be tattoo on his hands, I honestly doubt if it will at all pose a challenge.

Even Donald Trump, who mingled very much with wrestlers and a showbiz guy will not in his RIGHT SENSES say since now being the President of America, he should carry a tattoo, THE AMERICAN FLAG and on his neck to show how much he loves America. THAT WILL BE AWKWARD. What I don't understand is why people start doing S!LLY things when someone dies. Tying their life to the dead and in jeopardy. I DONT REALLY THINK HE LOVES HIS GRAND PA ENOUGH. ELSE HE SHOULD HAVE TATTOOED HIS FORE-HEAD INSTEAD OF HIS NECK.
This made me laugh so hard!
Guy you dey craze o!!! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2018
Billyonaire:
This timid generation of humans do not recognize tattoo as a creative body art that it is. They just harbour stupid biased convinction that tattoo must be bad without asking themselves if Body art is what commits crime.

Bro...nobody has a problem with the art. It's is the man that makes himself a canvas for the art that's the problem. If you want to get a tattoo done...cool. but be ready to be really really great at being an entrepreneur or consultant...or have some mad connects...but be good (basic). But to be just an employee please do it where it would be hidden. Some folks do despise tattoos for whatever reason. However...those folks are needed for business. Unless you are a Davido or Wizz keep the tats under the cover.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Am Eating Suya With Your NNPC Application Letter For 2017 Job" / See The Job Offer I Got From " Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala" / Opinion: Top 10 Government Agencies To Work For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.