Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures (19069 Views)

Hananya Naftali Shares Eri Festival Moments Online / Eri Kingdom Celebrates Eri Festival (olili Eri) / 2018 Eri Festival (olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
Igbo amaka grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Adukey(f): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
kenex4ever:
You like him?

Lol,no
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by ginggerxy: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adukey:
Who is that fat man?
do you like him?
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by kenex4ever(m): 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adukey:

Lol,no
dat man is stinking rich, as him fat na so d account fat
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Adukey(f): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
kenex4ever:
dat man is stinking rich, as him fat na so d account fat

Oya,gimme his number make i confirm.
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by kenex4ever(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adukey:

Oya,gimme his number make i confirm.
lol

Gimme 5sec. ......
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Adukey(f): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
kenex4ever:
lol
Gimme 5sec. ......
hahaha,waiting
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by ibedun: 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
Igbo and copy copy!!!

They have copied and 'stolen' Yoruba's danshiki, copy Israeli star of David. Shoe us a picture of the same festival just 40 yrs ago na wrapper and shirt go full the picture.

Ibo-made festival!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by onyidon22(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2017

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Abagworo(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
anambrang:
PHOTO (2)
Celebration of the time and arrival of Eri, the progenitor of Igbo race through Omambala river into Igboland.

Eri is not progenitor of Igbo race. He was an Igala medicine man accomodated by Igbos. Igbos or Gbos are the origin of mankind and come from nowhere.
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Yoshy: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Haniel18:
wonderful. but y is illuminati symbol inscribed on the chiefs clothes
It's star of David and it's not even the same with Illuminati symbol. Some Nairalanders safe..pheww!! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by BeijinDossier: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Useless old man, Eri is the progenitor of the Igbo race. Imo state people are slaves to Eri as shown in the pictures. Anyone that want to rule Imo state must pay homage to Eri Kingdom.

[s]
Abagworo:

Eri is not progenitor of Igbo race. He was an Igala medicine man accomodated by Igbos. Igbos or Gbos are the origin of mankind and come from nowhere.
[/s]

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
ibedun:
Igbo and copy copy!!!

They have copied and 'stolen' Yoruba's danshiki, copy Israeli star of David. Shoe us a picture of the same festival just 40 yrs ago na wrapper and shirt go full the picture.

Ibo-made festival!!!!!
Afonja cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by BeijinDossier: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Eri is the progenitor of the Igbo race.

anambrang:
Eri king celebrates Eri Festival...

The Eri festival / Olili-Obibia-Eri is an Ancient festival celebrated by Eri Kings.

This remarkable festival has been observed from the ancient times on the 8th native/Igbo month of the year, onwa-isato, in memory of Eri’s journey and subsequent settlement in Igbo land.

His Majesty, Eze Chukwuemeka Eri (Ezeora 34th/Eze Aka Ji Ofo Igbo) host the 2017 Eri Festival as African American's with Igbo ancestry arrive Nigeria to participate in this ancient Igbo festival.

PHOTO (1) - African Americans arriving Nigeria via Enugu Airport enroute to Anambra
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
I was even going to take this seriously until I saw the Jewish star of David on those atire. angry

This appropriation of an alien culture is shameful and we had better not pass on this fraud to our next generation. It embarrasses me everytime I see any efulefu parading Israel flag around.

6 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
ibedun:
Igbo and copy copy!!!

Ibo-made festival!!!!!

they would be naked on top top 40 years ago. with white chalk all over their bodies.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by lord3plex(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
Anywhere I enter dem call me onye Igbo ,maka na mu bu onye Igbo ....... .
Proudly Igbo jare
Any Awkuzu native should holla me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by PenlsCaP: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adukey:
Who is that fat man?

Aduke.
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by 77carter(m): 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
nathasha:
Are you from Obosi
yes am from obosi
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Afobear: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
ahmEenu:
lol ignorant somebody. She tell you say she know Jesus or muhammed??
stop already least i make u lose your eidetic memory imp
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by nengibo: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
Haniel18:
Its because they are Jewish wannabees

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by degamemaster(m): 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Edoziesmart:

Nwanne, ife ikwuru bu eziokwu.
Edoziesmart! this name....hmmm.
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by ibedun: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
lord3plex:
Anywhere I enter dem call me onye Igbo ,maka na mu bu onye Igbo ....... .
Proudly Igbo jare
Any Awkuzu native should holla me

E don be for you, "proundly igbo jare"
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
This is my favorite Igbo festival.

It is celebrated every year to commemorate the arrival of Eri, the descendant of Gad, Son of Jacob to Nri, Holy City Ndi Igbo.

The ancient dwelling place of Eri is eternally preserved for posterity at the Palace of the Descendant of Heaven, known as 'Obi Gad'.

Eze Nri is a Priest-King. He is believed to be a descendant of Heaven, God's representative on earth. Hence, he is referred to as 'IGWE' (Heavens), though a lot of Igbo Kings have adopted that title.

He is the Custodian of the highest ofor of Ndi Igbo, hence he is known as 'Aka ji Ofor Ndi Igbo' or 'Eze Ora'.

His Kingdom is older than the ancient Benin Empire, Oyo Empire and most kingdoms in Nigeria.

The Royal colour of Eze Nri is White.

Ancient Kings were buried sitting on the Royal Throne.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Uptosomething(m): 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
SouthEastFacts:
This is my favorite Igbo festival.

It is celebrated every year to commemorate the arrival of Eri, the descendant of Gad, Son of Jacob to Nri, Holy City Ndi Igbo.

The ancient dwelling place of Eri is eternally preserved for posterity at the Palace of the Descendant of Heaven, known as 'Obi Gad'.

Eze Nri is a Priest-King. He is believed to be a descendant of Heaven, God's representative on earth. Hence, he is referred to as 'IGWE' (Heavens), though a lot of Igbo Kings have adopted that title.

He is the Custodian of the highest ofor of Ndi Igbo, hence he is known as 'Aka ji Ofor Ndi Igbo' or 'Eze Ora'.

His Kingdom is older than the ancient Benin Empire, Oyo Empire and most kingdoms in Nigeria.

The Royal colour of Eze Nri is White.

Ancient Kings were buried sitting on the Royal Throne.

Please what is the difference between this EZE CHUKWUEMEKA Eri and EZE Obidiegwu Onyesoh of NRI Kingdom
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Adukey(f): 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Aduke.
Yeah?
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by FisifunKododada: 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Great. We must preserve our cultures.
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by ivolt: 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Haniel18:

What is wrong with the illuminati symbol?
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
ibedun:
Igbo and copy copy!!!

Ibo-made festival!!!!!

LOL. And the Yorubas didn't copy danshiki. Even the word itself is Hausa.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
That Star of David thing is infuriating. Arrgh!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? / Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival / Governor Akeredolu Receives Wole Soyinka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.