Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,061 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures (19075 Views)

Hananya Naftali Shares Eri Festival Moments Online / Eri Kingdom Celebrates Eri Festival (olili Eri) / 2018 Eri Festival (olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Masterclass32: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
Nice one.
Igbo ga adi.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Tonymegabush1(m): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Umuigbo ekene nu oooooo

Oriri nri grin
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by PenlsCaP: 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adukey:

Yeah?
How are u
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by PenlsCaP: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adukey:

hahaha,waiting

Dnt worry i will marry u.
I have money smiley
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Adukey(f): 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Dnt worry i will marry u. I have money smiley
Na so
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Edoziesmart(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
degamemaster:
Edoziesmart! this name....hmmm.

Kedu Ife mere afa m?
O na atu gi egwu?
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Uptosomething:

Please what is the difference between this EZE CHUKWUEMEKA Eri and EZE Obidiegwu Onyesoh of NRI Kingdom
Eri had 5 children, each of them are the 5 custodians of offor ndi Igbo, all are known as Eze Nri. All the Eze Nris are regarded as Priest-king, they are all regarded as Divine kings.

Eze Chukwuemeka is the paramount ruler and custodian of the biggest offor. Hence he is the only one referred to as 'Eze akaji offor Igbo' and 'Eze ora'.

He is the Chief Host of the festival to commemorate the coming of Eri to Nri, and he lives in Obi Gad. The most sacred shrine of Ndi Igbo. It is the Obi Ndi Igbo. It reminds us of our descent from Gad, the son of Jacob.

Eze Onyesoh is a subject to Eze Chukwuemeka.

Hope you are cleared?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
RedboneSmith:
That Star of David thing is infuriating. Arrgh!
Are you sure you know what that festival is all about?

It is to mark the coming of Eri, the Son of Gad, the Son of Jacob to Igbo land.

Star of David is the symbol of Isreal and Isreal is Jacob. So I don't see anything wrong celebrating a son of Isreal with the symbol of Isreal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
Over 7900 views but few comments and majorly from Igbos. If this thread is on anti-Igbo...

Definitely some people are not happy we are reaffirming our origin.

#HalaNdiIgbo
#GodBlessNdiigboWorldWide
#GodBlessEzeNri

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Are you sure you know what that festival is all about?

It is to mark the coming of Eri, the Son of Gad, the Son of Jacob to Igbo land.

Star of David is the symbol of Isreal and Isreal is Jacob. So I don't see anything wrong celebrating a son of Isreal with the symbol of Isreal.

LOL.

Eri didn't come from farther north than Igala. Y'all should stop this willful self-deceit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by iSlayer: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Wowwww...this is cool. The name of this festival is "eye-catching": Feast of the coming of Eri.
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Uptosomething(m): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Eri had 5 children, each of them are the 5 custodians of offor ndi Igbo, all are known as Eze Nri. All the Eze Nris are regarded as Priest-king, they are all regarded as Divine kings.

Eze Chukwuemeka is the paramount ruler and custodian of the biggest offor. Hence he is the only one referred to as 'Eze akaji offor Igbo' and 'Eze ora'.

He is the Chief Host of the festival to commemorate the coming of Eri to Nri, and he lives in Obi Gad. The most sacred shrine of Ndi Igbo. It is the Obi Ndi Igbo. It reminds us of our descent from Gad, the son of Jacob.

Eze Onyesoh is a subject to Eze Chukwuemeka.

Hope you are cleared?
Yes
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
RedboneSmith:

LOL.

Eri didn't come from farther north than Igala. Y'all should stop this willful self-deceit.
So you are telling over 50 million people their history?

How do explain the Obu Gad in the Court of Eze Nri?

Igala and Igbo are not even culturally similar? The two languages do not share root words?

1 Like

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by iSlayer: 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
cyborgviper:
coz it's a devilish festival
cc Mynd44
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by ahmEenu(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
Afobear:
stop already least i make u lose your eidetic memory imp
wetin bite you

1 Like

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

So you are telling over 50 million people their history?

How do explain the Obu Gad in the Court of Eze Nri?

Igala and Igbo are not even culturally similar? The two languages do not share root words?

50 million people don't believe this Israel connection. Even if they did, how is that proof that they are right?

Obu Gad in the court of Eze Nri? There is no such thing in the court of the Eze Nri. You are mixing up different towns, sir. The so-called Obu Gad is in Aguleri. Eze Nri is in Agukwu and Oraeri. And Obu Gad is a recent corruption of Obu Ugam. Are you from Anambra?

Igbo and Igala do not share root words? LOL. Please go and look at the two languages, sir. The similarities are more natural and plentiful than the forced 'similarities' some of you have manufactured for Hebrew and Igbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by iSlayer: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
[s]
RedboneSmith:

LOL.

[/s]

God have mercy.
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2017
RedboneSmith:

50 million people don't believe this Israel connection. Even if they did, how is that proof that they are right?

Obu Gad in the court of Eze Nri? There is no such thing in the court of the Eze Nri. You are mixing up different towns, sir. The so-called Obu Gad is in Aguleri. Eze Nri is in Agukwu and Oraeri. And Obu Gad is a recent corruption of Obu Ugam. Are you from Anambra?

Igbo and Igala do not share root words? LOL. Please go and look at the two languages, sir. The similarities are more natural and plentiful than the forced 'similarities' some of you have manufactured for Hebrew and Igbo.
I am from Abia and I know who my king is.

Eri had 5 sons and each of them are the Custodian of the 5 ofor of Ndi Igbo. They are all referred to as Divine Kings. Each of them is referred to as Eze Eri or the 5 Kings of Eri. Sorry for that mistake, its Eze Eri not Eze Nri.

Aguleri is the headquarters of the Eri Kingdoms, hence Eze Eri of Aguleri, the Eze Akaji Ovo Igbo is the paramount ruler. The Obu Gad is in his palace. There is no corruption of that word. You ain't wiser than The 5 Kings.

According to history, Onoja is founder of Igala kingdom, but not an Attah. He is believed to be a son of Eri by his second wife.

Igala and Igbos culture to me are not similar. They language sounds same but differs sharply in meaning.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by GoldenChiddy: 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9&index=3
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by taguafuo: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
EZE NNUNU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I can bet you have never been to the SE
Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
zenmaster:

I can bet you have never been to the SE

And you'd be wrong. I am typing from there right now.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

I am from Abia and I know who my king is.

Eri had 5 sons and each of them are the Custodian of the 5 ofor of Ndi Igbo. They are all referred to as Divine Kings. Each of them is referred to as Eze Eri or the 5 Kings of Eri. Sorry for that mistake, its Eze Eri not Eze Nri.

Aguleri is the headquarters of the Eri Kingdoms, hence Eze Eri of Aguleri, the Eze Akaji Ovo Igbo is the paramount ruler. The Obu Gad is in his palace. There is no corruption of that word. You ain't wiser than The 5 Kings.

According to history, Onoja is founder of Igala kingdom, but not an Attah. He is believed to be a son of Eri by his second wife.

Igala and Igbos culture to me are not similar. They language sounds same but differs sharply in meaning.

Not from Anambra. I thought as much. Suffice it to say that there's is a lot of inaccuracies in this comment. For example, no one is referred to as Eze Eri - that designation simply does not exist. The Aguleri monarch's title is Ezeora. You should check where you're getting your information from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
RedboneSmith:

And you'd be wrong. I am typing from there right now.
your first time in the SE abi

1 Like

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
zenmaster:

your first time in the SE abi

I have been here practically all my life, lived in Oba, Awka, Onitsha, Enugu. My hometown is just across the Niger in Illah. Aguleri and the whole Omambala area is so close to us, we intermarry, we trade together, we share cultural values and kinship.

You know you could just point out what is incorrect in what I said, right? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Not from Anambra. I thought as much. Suffice it to say that there's is a lot of inaccuracies in this comment. For example, no one is referred to as Eze Eri - that designation simply does not exist. The Aguleri monarch's title is Ezeora. You should check where you're getting your information from.
Sorry, you should be the one doing that?

If there is anything like Eri Kingdom, then there should be Eze Eri. They are known as The 5 Eri Kings.

Even His Majesty, The Eze Ora referred to himself as Eze Eri the 34th on his official facebook page

https://mobile.facebook.com/Eze.Eri/?_rdc=1&_rdr

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
RedboneSmith:

The similarities between Igala and Igbo do not negate the similarities between Igbo Omenala and ancient Hebrew religion

1 Like

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Sorry, you should be the one doing that?

If there is anything like Eri Kingdom, then there should be Eze Eri. They are known as The 5 Eri Kings.

Even His Majesty, The Eze Ora referred to himself as Eze Eri the 34th on his official facebook page

https://mobile.facebook.com/Eze.Eri/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Duh. Because his name is Eri. Chukwuemeka Eri. There is no such thing as Eze Eri as a stock titular designation for one let alone five kings.

3 Likes

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
zenmaster:

The similarities between Igala and Igbo do not negate the similarities between Igbo Omenala and ancient Hebrew religion

Ok.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Keneking:
This Isreali flag just dey vex me
why na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by SouthEastFacts: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
(OBUGAD)- The House of Gad.” He erected his house as well as a temple with an altar. He called the temple OBUGAD, in honour of his father Gad; the temple survived and had been preserved as the most Holy place in Enugwu Aguleri and serves as the palace of Ezeora.

It is the palace of the most ancient dynasty in Igbo Land and the general/collective temple of the descendants of Eri. Sometime n October 29 1995, a team of Israeli (Jewish) Researchers stormed Enugwu Aguleri after a visit to Agu-Ukwu Nri, on the previous day and Visited His Majesty, Eze Eri, Informing him that they have come in search of the lost tribes of Israel. According to the visiting team, their research work has taken them to various places in the world Including Sudan, Egypt and Jamaica etc. They were received at OBUGAD Palace in Enugwu Aguleri by Eze Eri and the entire Aguleri Communities.

The team visited historical and cultural sites Agbanabo Ezu-na-Omabala (the confluence of Ezu and Omabala rivers)
Otutunzu
ObuGad Ezeora Palace
Odanduli
Ama Atta
Foot steps of Eri at Agbanabo
Ogodo Stream
Ama Menri
Graveyard of Menri
Ngene me ezi ezi Atta
Grave yard of Eri
Ajana Ukwu
Ovilivo e.t.c

On the understanding and belief that the
Igbo have been traced to the LOST TRIBE OF
ISRAEL through Aguleri, His Majesty Eze
A.E. Chukwuemeka Eri, Eze Eri, Ezeora 34th,
Eze Aka Ji Ofor Igbo was appointed leader
of the Igbo-Israelites in West-Africa in May
1996, during a conference of king Solomon
Igbo Israelites (Bani-Israel) Federation, held
in Philadelphia, U.S.A. the conference was
aimed at increasing the brotherly
relationship and cohesion among the tribes
of Israel Worldwide.

Again in 1997, another team of Bani-
Israelites from King Solomon Igbo-
Israelites (Bani-Israel Federation visited
Nigeria and came to Aguleri to fine-tune the
research findings of 1995. The team’s
discovery at Obugad in Enugwu- Aguleri
attracted comments from a renowned
historian, Prof. O.Alaezi as follows:
“There is a very significant concentration of
Eri, the fifth son of Gad (See Gen. 46:16) in
Aguleri, Anambra state where recently a
very important discovery of a clear
evidence of Israel ancestral origin of the
Igbo was made in the domain of Eze Eri in
Enugwu Aguleri at the instance of the Bani-
Israel team which was on a fact-finding
mission in 1997.

There and then one of the memorial onyx
stones for the sons of Israel as the lord
commanded Moses (see exodus 39:7) was
discovered and identified as such by the
team leader from King Solomon Israelite
(Bani-Israelite) federation. On the stone
discovered in Enugwu Aguleri was engraved
the name Gad in the Aramaic language
reminding one of the writings in Exodus
39:14, there were twelve stones, one for
each of the names of the sons of Israel,
each engraved like a seal with the name of
the twelve tribes.”

The video of the visits, research findings,
identification of similarities in cultural
activities and other converging factors,
which establish the relationship between
Aguleri and the Bani-Israel, was later sent
to Eze Eri by the research team.

https://iduueri./2010/06/18/obugad-the-house-of-gad/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Eri Festival (Olili Obibia Eri) In Pictures by PenlsCaP: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Adukey:

Na so

Aduke.. i mean it...if u only u can be homely.
I like adukes smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival / Governor Akeredolu Receives Wole Soyinka (Photos) / Prince Sadiku Bayero Set To Wed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.