Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? (1686 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by hahn(m): 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ever since Daddy Freeze of Cool Fm started his #freethesheeple movement it has caused a lot of controversy and even "men of god" have decided to speak up, albeit without making any valid points of rebuttals to his arguments, and defend the reason why they should keep accepting tithes and why it does not amount to exploitation of their gullible congregation.

And this has got me thinking. Let us assume for some reason the majority of Nigerian Christians decide to stop paying tithes, offerings and other donations to the church, will Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity die off?

I ask this because from where I stand these pastorpreneurs are essentially in the business of miracles solely for the power and money that comes with the business.

If these churches no longer receive tithes and offerings will pastors have no reason to come to the "office" anymore since there will be no more "source of income"?

Will pastors be able to live the life of Jesus as depicted in the bible? We know nothing of Jesus owning any property. He didn't seem to have a house, good clothes, jewelry and even the donkey he rode was borrowed and returned back to the owner but still he preached and performed signs and miracles for people even to the extent of dying on the cross for the sins of the people of the world.

According to the bible that is

So what do you think?

Are we getting close to the end of the tithe and offering business?

Can the Nigerian Pentecostal for of Christianity survive without tithes and offering?

Mature comments only please

cc: plaetton, johnnydon22, menesheh, unclesnr, hopefullandlord, adepeter2027, dalaman, kevoh, akintom, sonofluc1fer, 4kings, Niflheim, otemsapien, Lennycool, joseph1013, benzics, jonbellion, mrmrmister, capslocked, ichommy, seun, frank317, thedauramalam, ymodulus etc

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
Sheeples will forever remain sheeples

Going by the comments from numerous Christians on this platform, it's obvious and glaring that many are not ready to be set free from their delusion.

Infact, many go a length of seeing nothing wrong in paying tithes despite the points raised. Like you and I know, many Christians wouldn't want to trade heaven for hell fire by not paying tithes cos their pastors have already instilled the fear of damnation in them.

That been said and back to ya thread, I don't see tithe paying coming to end but instead, I see the men of god changing their strategies, devising new means to exploit the gullibles.

I see a new gate opened where biblical verses would be twisted to manipulate the Christians, luring them to pay tithes using another dimension and technique.
Relentlessly seeking for biblical verses to support their sermons on tithing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
Daddy G.O's and their tithes are like Americans and their guns...inseparable grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 12:02am On Nov 12, 2017
Sarassin:
Daddy G.O's and their tithes are like Americans and their guns...inseparable grin grin
You're funny sarassin

2 Likes

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 12, 2017
They will still survive reason being that Christ is the pillar of the church. That many have gone astray shows that the warnings of false prophets are coming to fulfillment before rapture.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by OtemSapien: 12:16am On Nov 12, 2017
If people hold their hands tight and stop paying tithes pastorpreneur business will become so tight no one would want to be involved in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by zionmde: 5:31am On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:
They will still survive reason being that Christ is the pillar of the church. That many have gone astray shows that the warnings of false prophets are coming to fulfillment before rapture.
Bros the devil is crafty and he has found holes in this matter of tithe and is exploiting it to distract Christians. Most people criticizing tithing and unbelievers and only ignorant christians join words with them. The devil will be put to shame if we start ignoring him. If u believe in tithing tithe, if u dont believe in tithing dont tithe. Its time we stop joining issues wit unbelievers

2 Likes

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Samsimple(m): 6:32am On Nov 12, 2017
Atleast some pastors have made enough cash to startup bet9ja business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 12, 2017
yes by His grace

1 Like

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Deicide: 7:22am On Nov 12, 2017
Death ke? It can never lead to the death of pentacostal churches its imposible reason being that the topic of paying or not paying tithe argument is just on the internet it might be hot her on NL instagram or twitter but trust me thats where it mostly ends. In the real world those that would still pay tithe would still pay. In christianity JESUS and the BIBLE is not the bed rock but the PASTOR!! any thing pastor says is the TRUTH and final, you think any deeper life member would stop paying his or her tithe because daddy frz said so oh i dont think so we so much have faith in the bible our pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by hopefulLandlord: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2017
I fear for Freeze's safety

2 Likes

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2017
if people stopped paying tithes.. a vast majority of pastors would stop hearing the “call of the lord"

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Saverin: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2017
Don't underestimate what the fear of hellfire can do. I was arguing with some sheeple (Christians) on this tithe issue before Freeze came on board with #freesheeplemovement. I read Deuteronomy 14:23-29 and there was 6sec silence before shouting resume. One idiot threatened me with hellfire and I asked "what is hellfire"?

The fear of eternal damnation will keep making these guys rich. Pentecostal churches will keep rising and their profit in USD will keep soaring as long as hellfire " exist ".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I fear for Freeze's safety

HE NEEDS MORE SUPPORT, FROM LOCAL AND FOREIGN CELEBS, AND ALL OF US.

I DOUBT THAT THIS PENTECOSTAL FRAUD WILL COME TO AN END SOON.

BUT AT LEAST, IT'LL GO DOWN IN THE RECORDS THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE US WHO ARE AWARE OF THIS EVIL, AND AREN'T KEEPING QUIET ABOUT IT..
AT LEAST WE TRIED.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 12, 2017
If you think that this attack on the church would bring the downfall of the Nigerian pentecostal then you're mistaken. People didn't start attacking the church today. What's more disheartening is the fact that some so-called Christians are helping Muslims and Atheists to mudsling Christianity with this fight. Like I said before, the pastors don't need your money. I realised that it's those who don't even pay tithes that champions people like Freeze to say crap. Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to buy his/her pastor the latest car if he/she feels the pastor's messages has helped his/her life. Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to pay 10% from his earning as Tithe. Whether you pay or not, someone would have the need to sow a seed to a church which I'm sure some do in Millions. Whether you pay or not, pastors would still have money to run the church. You want to worship God in a standard airconditioned building, serene environment, regular power supply when you visit and you don't want to pay tithes. You're fooling yourself. Last time I checked, it's not by force so shut up!.

1 Like

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2017
zionmde:

Bros the devil is crafty and he has found holes in this matter of tithe and is exploiting it to distract Christians. Most people criticizing tithing and unbelievers and only ignorant christians join words with them. The devil will be put to shame if we start ignoring him. If u believe in tithing tithe, if u dont believe in tithing dont tithe. Its time we stop joining issues wit unbelievers
I believe in tithing. It has worked for me and would work for other Christians if they choose to obey. Haven't observed that the devil is finding fault in just tithing but silence on offerings, sin e.t.c. same devil will quote the Bible to them on the day of judgment should many hearken to him. As I speak now, hell is filled up and the space is widely everyday. If God should open many Christians eyes to the trick of the devil they will weep.

1 Like

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:
if people stopped paying tithes.. a vast majority of pastors would stop hearing the “call of the lord"
Wilgrea yaf killed me with laughter ooo

Besides, longest time
Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 10:57am On Nov 12, 2017
Benita27:
If you think that this attack on the church would bring the downfall of the Nigerian pentecostal then you're mistaken. People didn't start attacking the church today. What's more disheartening is the fact that some so-called Christians are helping Muslims and Atheists to mudslide Christianity with this fight. Like I said before, the pastors don't need your money. I realised that it's those who don't even pay tithes that champions people like Freeze to say crap. Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to buy his/her pastor the latest car if he/she feels the pastor's messages has helped his/her life. Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to pay 10% from his earning as Tithe. Whether you pay or not, someone would have the need to sow a seed to a church which I'm sure some do in Millions. Whether you pay or not, pastors would still have money to run the church. You want to worship God in a standard airconditioned building, serene environment, regular power supply when you visit and you don't want to pay tithes. You're fooling yourself. Last time I checked, it's not by force so shut up!.

Hahn come and see oo

Shebi I talk am

One sheeple spotted

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2017
adepeter2027:

Hahn come and see oo

Shebi I talk am

One sheeple spotted
If the worthless "Likes" and "Shares" you get by mudslinging the church makes you sleep well at night then suit yourself.

1 Like

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by kevoh(m): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2017
I don't think tithe is enough to kill Pentecostalism. There are numerous ways of milking the sheeples of which tithe just happens to be one. As usual mugus and magas will always fall for the other tricks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2017
Benita27:
If you think that this attack on the church would bring the downfall of the Nigerian pentecostal then you're mistaken.

We know cos with people like you, pastors will keep shining.
People didn't start attacking the church today.

What goes around comes around. Christianity attacked traditionalist same way.
What's more disheartening is the fact that some so-called Christians are helping Muslims and Atheists to mudslide Christianity with this fight.

Free the sheeples
Like I said before, the pastors don't need your money.

Are you kidding me? Did you just read this line of yours? If you didn't, kindly read it slowly and ask yourself, if these men of god don't need our money, why the heck are they going defensive about the whole thing.?

Besides, jesus clearly stated in the Bible that "what ever you ask in my name, I shall provide"
And also, in the book of psalm, it's clearly written that "the lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

Have you asked yourself this question as well - whenever church or men of god need help, they summon on the congregation but when the members need help, they tell them to call upon the name of god?
I realised that it's those who don't even pay tithes that champions people like Freeze to say crap.

You don't have evidence to back up this statement. Do you?
Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to buy his/her pastor the latest car if he/she feels the pastor's messages has helped his/her life.

But not in the name of tithes
Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to pay 10% from his earning as Tithe.

But jesus didn't pay either?
Whether you pay or not, someone would have the need to sow a seed to a church which I'm sure some do in Millions. Whether you pay or not, pastors would still have money to run the church.

No wonder the church is a remodelled business centre.
You want to worship God in a standard airconditioned building, serene environment, regular power supply when you visit and you don't want to pay tithes.

Last I checked, jesus didn't preach in air-conditioned environment, or did he? Did god say he need well comfortable environment of worship?
You're fooling yourself.

Says the fool herself
Last time I checked, it's not by force so shut up!.
Last we checked, its not by force to spew irrational nonsense all in the name of making irrational sense.

1 Like

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 12, 2017
adepeter2027:
[s]
We know cos with people like you, pastors will keep shining.

What goes around comes around. Christianity attacked traditionalist same way.

Free the sheeples

Are you kidding me? Did you just read this line of yours? If you didn't, kindly read it slowly and ask yourself, if these men of god don't need our money, why the heck are they going defensive about the whole thing.?

Besides, jesus clearly stated in the Bible that "what ever you ask in my name, I shall provide"
And also, in the book of psalm, it's clearly written that "the lord is my shepherd, I shall not [color=blue]want

Have you asked yourself this question as well - whenever church or men of god need help, they summon on the congregation but when the members need help, they tell them to call upon the name of god?
I realised that it's those who don't even pay tithes that champions people like Freeze to say crap.
You don't have evidence to back up this statement. Do you?
Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to buy his/her pastor the latest car if he/she feels the pastor's messages has helped his/her life.
But not in the name of tithes
Whether you pay or not, someone would still feel the need to pay 10% from his earning as Tithe.
But jesus didn't pay either?
Whether you pay or not, someone would have the need to sow a seed to a church which I'm sure some do in Millions. Whether you pay or not, pastors would still have money to run the church.
No wonder the church is a remodelled business centre.
You want to worship God in a standard airconditioned building, serene environment, regular power supply when you visit and you don't want to pay tithes.
Last I checked, jesus didn't preach in air-conditioned environment, or did he? Did god say he need well comfortable environment of worship? You're fooling yourself.
Says the fool herself
Last time I checked, it's not by force so shut up!.
Last we checked, its not by force to spew irrational nonsense all in the name of making irrational sense. [/s]
Arrant nonsense. Go read your bible thoroughly 'cause it seems the devil is using you.

1 Like

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 11:20am On Nov 12, 2017
Benita27:
Arrant nonsense. Go read your bible thoroughly 'cause it seems the devil is using you.
Tell me the part you want me to lecture you on about the Bible.

Besides, I have the holy spirit bestowed on me.
Hope you don't mind.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2017
adepeter2027:

Tell me the part you want me to lecture you on about the Bible.

Besides, I have the holy spirit bestowed on me.
Hope you don't mind.
You're deluded and lost. The Holy spirit can never dwell in a soul like yours 'till you've given your life to Christ. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2017
Benita27:
You're deluded and lost.

Lmaoooo

Do you know what it means to be delusioned or the word delusional means?

Lmaooo

Sheeple saying someone is delusional.
The Holy spirit can never dwell in a soul like yours 'till you've given your life to Christ.

I'm Peter and christ is in me. I'm his rock.
SMH.
LoL

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2017
adepeter2027:

Lmaoooo

Do you know what it means to be delusioned or the word delusional means?

Lmaooo

Sheeple saying someone is delusional.

I'm Peter and christ is in me. I'm his rock.

LoL
What an Irony.
Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by adepeter2027(m): 11:36am On Nov 12, 2017
Benita27:
What an Irony.
Lmaooo

Surprised abi? LoL

Anyways,
Since you can't use the Bible against me, then @view pic below

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Daeylar(f): 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

I haff died grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by capatainrambo: 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sarassin:
bro I need you to tell me something. I know you are a straight shooter, you say
it as it is.
soo I met this woman online. I billed her 3k pounds she has it o but she is so
reluctant to pay. a friend told me to meet one woman, that in time past the
woman has given him a wistle. once he blows it, client normally pays.
I don't know if I blow whistle for this woman if the repercussion will be too big
for me.
unto say ure smart I decided to ask you this. abeg reply me tnx
Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
capatainrambo:
bro I need you to tell me something. I know you are a straight shooter, you say
it as it is.
soo I met this woman online. I billed her 3k pounds she has it o but she is so
reluctant to pay. a friend told me to meet one woman, that in time past the
woman has given him a wistle. once he blows it, client normally pays.
I don't know if I blow whistle for this woman if the repercussion will be too big
for me.
unto say ure smart I decided to ask you this. abeg reply me tnx

Weellll......you never know until you try. Give it a blow, come back and tell us what happened.
Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
adepeter2027:
Wilgrea yaf killed me with laughter ooo

Besides, longest time
my dear kind Sir.. how's everything cheesy
Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by capatainrambo: 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sarassin:

Weellll......you never know until you try. Give it a blow, come back and tell us what happened.
lol finish? chei

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deuteronomy 17:17 Shows That God Does Not Approve Polygamy!!! / The Truth About The Bible / Prophet Or Seer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.