Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala (26556 Views)

Femi Aribisala: How I Stopped The Rain At My Niece's Wedding / Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Desyner: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
teamsynergy:
if truly God is blessing Nigeria thru these churches, why then is Nigeria so hard for people and there are more churches than factories.?... most if these God of Men are nothing but advanced scanners who feed fact on the poverty in the and am sure they won't pray for Nigeria to get better cos people might stop going to them
Maybe the people God called as industrialist aren't responding.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Meritocracy: 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
kingthreat:
I dont have a problem with Daddy Freeze. But looking deep at him, it's obvious he is envious of those pastors. If he is going to preach against Men of God, then he should do better than the men of God.
How many Needy people has he helped
How many charities has he invested in
When has he ever evangelized.
Does he put Jesus first in his conversations?
Why is he unready to forgive reconcile with his wife.

Please if he cannot uphold one Christian tenet, then he should please shut up.

What about pastors put God first to yahoo people, but buying jet, buy thousands acre of land to build estate which church members who pay tithe couldn't afford, how many church members send their children to universities built with tithe money ?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Bovis(m): 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
Dagaya:
Hmmm. How is tithing any ones business? Allow those who tithe to tithe in peace biko. Whether you like it or not a lot of people do have testimonies from paying tithes.
Remember the way of the lord is not the ways of men.
The holy spirit convicts people. I am a testament to that fact.
Paying of tithe is not by force, so also is giving to the poor.
Finally, I envy those who pay tithes if I am to be honest.
It takes absolute trust on the lord to be a tither. I pray the lord gives me the grace to be one.

You're right, tithing is nobodies business the same way ignorance is a personal choice. However, we set the record straight to educate society and set certain people free from ignorance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Frankaka8(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
lloyds:

You are funny. You quote a verse of the scripture and think that suffice concerning tithing. The word is God is deep and wide, so you have to read it from Genesis to the new covenant. Pray for understanding from the holy spirit who is the author of the scriptures.

Tithing is scriptural, but if you don't want to do it, that fine with you.
pls teach me the deep and wide things about tithing with money to the church every month?
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by etenyong(m): 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2017
Very correct. My church ( Church of Christ) doesn't believe or practice tithe payment. Let those who have ears have the word of God and do same. Tithe is a scam my so called pastors.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by dawno2008(m): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
okestev:

Another Long Epistle From The Kingdom of Satan to discourage and bring down the faith of many young believers... Christain beware!!!

This is the problem with Nigerian christians,they never want to accept the fault and change from their bad ways,I tell you seriously that the holier than angel Nigerian Christian would readily argue with God to defend their mere mortal men.
Why this issue of thithing is gaining momentum is because the so called "god of men"have turn themselves to deities,they live in luxury why half and quarter of their followers live in penury,some die cos they cant afford some medical fee,and some actually attend the service on empty stomach.
Mind you majority of the so called "god of men" enjoyed free missionary schools so what stops them from doing and providing same for people,rather they flaunt so much wealth that even makes some of their followers derail,
look at your vicinity and count how schools and hospital you have around you,then count how many churches are there around you, so who is fooling who,according to history,the popular CMS grammar sch.in lagos then was sponsored from the offerings of one small church from ireland,not the mega churches we have here today,that built schools only for the rich.
lets all of us think,God created the brains to be used not washed.

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Throwback: 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
Desyner:
Let Femi Aribisala explain his interpretation of Mathew 23:23 then.

You call redeem Pa Adeboyes family biz but forget he isn't the first GO of that ministry.
Hatred eats up memory.

No need to wait for Femi Aribisala. This heresy of tithes has been dealt with as far back as 2012 by the likes of me on my old moniker, Goshen360, Frosbel et al.

Back to the verse you referenced, the Law was very much alive and in practice when Jesus Christ was alive and spreading his gospel. The law became obsolete when he fulfilled it as he promised. By his blood shed on the cross, a new covenant was established by the same God who had promised to establish a new, thereby making the previous old.

So Jesus in his parable, rightly advised the Pharisee to pay his tithes of agricultural produce in an era when money was existing such that Jesus even had to chase out the money changers out of the temple, and Zacchaeus was collecting tax and Jesus was betrayed for 30 pcs of silver. Yet the Pharisee of Jesus narrative paid tithes of mint, dill/anise and cummin, under the era of the law that was still valid until the blood of the testator sealed the birth of the promised new covenant when sacrifice was to become useless as promised by God himself.

Even Jesus referred the Pharisee to the law concerning weightier matters contained therein, as the law up till that time was the way to righteousness. But with the sacrifice of the lamb of God, and not burnt offerings of goats and heifers, there is not further need for the previous repeated sacrifices that never made anyone holy.

"I will have mercy, not sacrifice."
-Jesus Christ

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by shekauvsbuhari: 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2017
Throwback:

So if Abraham or Jacob gave away a tithe of what they had just once and voluntarily without any law, by whose authority are Christians who are not saved by the blood of Abraham or Jacob, compelled to pay money tithes every month of their working lives?

If it predates the law because Abraham and Jacob chose to do what they did, who chose it for this Christian era after the early Christians never found any usefulness in it?
Please try to read n understand before you rush to comment. Desepration for worthless likes will not allow you to read n assimilate. I said it is not compulsory in our own time, though it is advisable to do so. Why break your head over it? Do you pay tithe?. Stingy folks that cant contribute to move God's work forward are masturbating over tithes. Please keep your miserable 10% to yourself make we hear word. It is not by force and it is not compulsory. Stingy folks making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
Who created such yoke for Christians?
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by chrisbaxtian(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
newsynews:
Femi Aribisala about to take the shine from Daddy Freeze

grin grin grin

he has written many articles against the current system of tithing (a Google search will help you)! daddy freeze just made it popular, but Femi aribisala was one of the first vocal and controversial teachers of anti-tithing system in Nigerian Pentecostalism/Christianity. It was from him I first learnt that tithing is actually not compulsory under the new convenant.

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
And then to solidify the scam, MMM did some charity work WITH THEIR VICTIM'S MONEY grin grin grin I think they borrowed the format from churches!

linearity:

It is the same method that MMM used.., but with stronger motivation call fear.,,they simply tell them if they:

Ph:Tithes, God will Gh:Blessings

And if they do not:
Ph:Tithes, God will Gh:Curses

And some will come here and tell us, they are doing it ‘willingly and freely’ when in truth, they are afraid of the curses and conditioned themselves to doing it. If it freely, then to freely not give for a year...now you can see that, just the idea of that alone is causing some internal conflicts within you because of the anticipated repercussions, which buttresses the point that, despite what you are saying, you are not giving freely and willingly.

Others will say ‘wetin concern una, na una money?’

More will say, since they have been tithing, they have not lacked anything and that they have been richly blessed with gold, money and silver beyond their imaginations, which would not have been possible without tithing.

If the above three reactions sounds familiar, it is because they are...Those was the same reactions those who Ph’ed in MMM had at the onset. They came to blogs and shutdown everyone.

Their guiders follow suite with screenshots confirming they are rich and are getting Gh...and employed everyone to ignore the nay sayers and to Ph more...some Guider ‘Pastors’ have done the same since the tithe brouhaha started...some guider ‘Apostles’ said, they have increased their tithe to 30%, not knowing that, had they disobeyed God like that in not doing exactly as the law said, they will be stricken dead...imagine Aaron ignoring the measurements God gave him and building a bigger terbanacle so that it would occupy more worshippers.or Noah ignore exact measurements given by God and build a bigger ark so more animals can be saved....they would not have lived to see the next day, despite their good intentions.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by okestev: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kulas:
Peoples eyes have "opened" courtesy of Freeze.Only takes a man of boldness to call a spade a spade.Church revolution in Nigeria is imminent.
...No Sir! Freeze has only been sent to BLINDFOLD people's eyes and distracting them away from trusting and believing God with their finances. Hence, God's words can never be broken. There is always consequence for disobedience.
Beware brethren!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by ShakurMY(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
I love people who talk open minded, God bless u sir. unlike some that don't think but follows what the pastor says.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by kernel505: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
Dagaya:
Hmmm. How is tithing any ones business? Allow those who tithe to tithe in peace biko. Whether you like it or not a lot of people do have testimonies from paying tithes.
Remember the way of the lord is not the ways of men.
The holy spirit convicts people. I am a testament to that fact.
Paying of tithe is not by force, so also is giving to the poor.
Finally, I envy those who pay tithes if I am to be honest.
It takes absolute trust on the lord to be a tither. I pray the lord gives me the grace to be one.

I truly love your reply. The only reason why this message is good is to help true believers to revisit their Bibles and know what God says regarding tithe, I've been saying same for years now
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Emmanes: 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=kingthreat post=63219319]I dont have a problem with Daddy Freeze. But looking deep at him, it's obvious he is envious of those pastors. If he is going to preach against Men of God, then he should do better than the men of God.

Please if he cannot uphold one Christian tenet, then he You spill trash do u really knw him because am a leaving witness of someone he has help and he do evangelize wch i also listen i guess u dnt knw him well so i 4give u for dat
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Emmanes: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2017
You spill trash do u really knw him because am a leaving witness of someone he has help and he do evangelize wch i also listen i guess u dnt knw him well so i 4give u for dat
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Goshen360(m): 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
desreek9:
Tithing is not a scam, as u quoted 2corin.9:7, you give willingly, no one is forcing anybody, whatever the men of God uses it for is their business, it's left for God to judge.

All those criticising men of God should take heed, God only knows those that are serving him in spirit and in truth. An example in the bible is when miriam was gossiping about moses to Aaron, she was punished for it, although wat she said was the truth.

Take heed people.

My sister,

You have to unlearn what the institutionalized church had taught you and sit with the Spirit for at least one year. U will come back and thank me. Now, 2 points,

1. Yes the Pastors are FORCING people. How? ....with curses and threat. What you thinking going on in the mind of folks who hear God gonna curse them?

2. What you mean what they do with tithe is non of our business BUT bible say explicitly what tithe should be used for.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by DoubleObee(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
desreek9:
Tithing is not a scam, as u quoted 2corin.9:7, you give willingly, no one is forcing anybody, whatever the men of God uses it for is their business, it's left for God to judge.

All those criticising men of God should take heed, God only knows those that are serving him in spirit and in truth. An example in the bible is when miriam was gossiping about moses to Aaron, she was punished for it, although wat she said was the truth.

Take heed people.
who ordained the thieves that call themselves pastor?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by OkaiCorne(m): 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2017
Desyner:
Let Femi Aribisala explain his interpretation of Mathew 23:23 then.

You call redeem Pa Adeboyes family biz but forget he isn't the first GO of that ministry.
Hatred eats up memory.

One simple question sir;

Was the Law already fulfilled when Jesus was reprimanding the Pharisees in Matthew 23?

Hope you know that Jesus still instructed Lepers to visit the Priests for cleansing in line with the Mosaic Laws even after He healed them.

If you are going by Matthew 23v23, I hope you're doing animal sacrifice as well.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Spuggie: 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
kingthreat:
I dont have a problem with Daddy Freeze. But looking deep at him, it's obvious he is envious of those pastors. If he is going to preach against Men of God, then he should do better than the men of God.

Is that all you bring to the table, personal attacks? The man has backed his claims with scriptural quotations rather than come up with a superior argument, here you with personal jabs that signifies an all time low for tithers

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by christemmbassey(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
kingthreat:

this man is talking about stealing in the name of the Lord that pastors are perpetuating in their business centres called Church and you're attacking his relationship issues.
don't forget, many of your god of men have divorced. more than three wives and still counting.. Hippocrates , tell your god of men to settle first if its so easy.
profane generation.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by goodmanjustice: 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2017
desreek9:

With absolute respect, you just typed bull's crap

Take heed people.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Mostdetailed(f): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

Good morning

I'm a software developer and well skilled in:
1. Php
a) laravel
b) code igniter
c) vanilla php

2) SQL
a) mysql
b) meedoo

3) HTML

4) CSS
a) bootstrap

5) JavaScript
a) jQuery
b) ajax
c) plain JavaScript

6) WordPress

Contact me to handle at affordable fee your:
a) website
b) software development
c) school project
d) training
e) Blog

I'm experienced and I'm also currently learning mobile programming using angular and ionic

My contacts are:

Email: adebajooluwaseyi@gmail.com

Thanks.

you can also contact me for to handle your software and web projects

nice
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Goshen360(m): 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2017
christemmbassey:
this man is talking about stealing in the name name of the Lord that pastors are perpetuating in their business centres. and you're attacking his relationship issues.
don't forget, many of your god of men have divorced. more than three wives. Hippocrates , tell your god of men to settle first if its so easy easy. profane generation.

Man of God we need more of your voice here now. These tithe yahoos ain't tired and not giving up, why should we?
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by clemzo101(m): 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
Why is Daddy freeze still fresh? I expect him to have even died.... biko cool o down, God is not angry with anybody, its the pastors that God is even angry with. Go back and read malachi, the message there was even for the priests not us. The robbery that was talked about was directed to the priests and not us. So many dont even tead bible sef.
desreek9:

Take heed people.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by clemzo101(m): 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2017
How does this relate to the message? Some of u need some serious sense
kingthreat:

1 Like

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2017
Bovis:

Can you back up your post with the scriptures and stop engaging in heresy

What i said is not heresy, i may not remember the verse but i know i'm right, if u know ur bible well, you will know that scripture or you can just google it

Numbers chapter 12
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
kingthreat:

FREEZE your mouth!
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by somehow: 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
Envious? What does it take to open a church/become a pastor in Nigeria? Even illiterates and not so eloquent people have turned pastor not to talk of someone like him.

In 5 years, he'll be boasting of 2000-5000 sheepees if that is what he wants.
kingthreat:

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by SageTravels: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
nairavsdollars:
I am a regular church-goer but i dont pay tithes to churches. i remove the 10 percent and give to the needy
lets freethesheepie

God Can never be Mocked. Read your Bible
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by PeacenLove2: 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2017
Money ... the root of all evil wink
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by billyG(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
femi fo d 1st time i agree with u,but for d beer drinking in church that 1 no go work oo!,even in jah d almighty i,shout it out fo every1 hearing,dem go say na satan photoshop God voice.
Re: Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala by uyplus(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
desreek9:

Num.12:1-15

Take heed people.

Why didn't you quote Deuteronomy 14 22 to 29?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box. / Happy Easter: Share Your Easter Best Selfie.. / 'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.