Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) (42825 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing At Shiloh 2017 (Video) / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2017
cheaphost:
This Pastor separates people by the amount of money they pay for tithe. If you have lived 35 years, you should pay 35, 000 naira.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SViH0_ZjZk
diz guy dey use jazz..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sarutobie(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2017
Can any TRUE christain with his/her bible at hand open to Matthew 23:23 and tell us what he/she understood from that passage(which was Christ himself speaking on the matter of tithing)...

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by seguno2: 9:12am On Nov 12, 2017
Diso60090:
Why pastors nor wan rest for this matter abi na truth this daddy talk

Daddy Freeze is on the path of Biblical truth.
Read Deuteronomy 14 and Malachi 1.

10 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by talk2saintify(m): 9:13am On Nov 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.

First of all It God and not 'god' its Jesus and not 'jesus'.. Show Some respect

You Believe There are diabolical Power here and there but you don't believe in God.....Badadash...

What Happens to ''GOOD ALWAYS SURPASSES EVIL'' ??

With Evil Diabolical Power everywhere, where is the Good to Fight against the Evil if there is No God??

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by TreasuredGlory: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2017
Any scriptural evidence to back up your claim or are you just hallucinating? 10/100 of my income cannot kill me, rather, it safeguards me against all forms of devourers. The carnal mind can never receive this or understand it. Selah! I even want to start tithing for my unborn children since I already have their names.
IamtherealRita:
I can boldly tell all those tithe collecting Pastors this

You are not an example to any serious Christian, yes any Christians that is serious with his Christian journey here on earth should never take you guys serious

grin
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by AnonymustME(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2017
This is gibberish.

Not a single Bible passage to support his claim.

Going by his analogy, I pay my tithes once a day in the toilet, and in the right proportion.

11 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by swimmer: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2017
He never said anything on tithes in the video na....common!!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by odimbannamdi(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2017
From that video, Oyedepo didnt exactly talk about Tithing. He only gave a subtle and logical explanation on the giving using the case study of an elephant.

Oyedepo has a good sense of humour tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2017
Well
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sarutobie(m): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2017
seguno2:

Read Matthew 23:23 and tell us what YOU understood from that passage (this was Christ himself speaking)..
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by jamace(m): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2017
21 Richest Pastors in the World

1) Eric Macedo $1.1b Brazilian
2) Keneth Copeland $760m American
3) Pat Robertson $500m American
4) George Foreman $250m American
5) David Oyedepo $150m Nigerian
6) E A Adeboye $130m Nigerian
7) Ayo Oritsejafor $120m
cool Hebert Angel $60m Zimbabwean
9) Chris Oyakilome $50m Nigerian
10) Benny Hinn $42m Israeli
11) Joel Osteen $40m American
12) Tshifhwa Irene $35m South African
13) Ray McCauley $30m South African
14)Creflow Dollar $27m American
15 ) Billy Graham $25m American TV star
16) Rich Warren $25m American
17) T D Jakes $18m American
18) T B Joshua $15m Nigerian
19) Mathew Ashimolowo $10m Nigerian
20) Juanita Bynum $10m Kenyan
21) Chris Okotie $10m Nigerian
Compare these with Leaders of Other Churches and their Personal Wealth:

Pope Francis $0 ( Catholic)
Justin Welby $0 ( Anglican)
All other Leaders of Orthodox Churches have, at most, one home where they live , except Pope Francis who has no personal home .

Source: Forbes List

COPIED

From the above, we can easily tell those who are SERVANTS of GOD and those who are SERVANTS of MAMMON.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by seguno2: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2017
sarutobie:
Can any TRUE christain with his/her bible at hand open to Matthew 23:23 and tell us what he/she understood from that passage(which was Christ himself speaking on the matter of tithing)...

Jesus Christ was speaking to Jews under the law that their obligation is for FOOD items and agricultural products only but not money.
Read Deuteronomy 14.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by frankman365(m): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2017
do not stay on nairaland and make your decision about tithe. Seek the truth from God Almighty, read your bible and follow the teachings of Christ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Kx: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2017
cheaphost:
This Pastor separates people by the amount of money they pay for tithe. If you have lived 35 years, you should pay 35, 000 naira.

but why??

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sexaddict08(m): 9:17am On Nov 12, 2017
cheaphost:

this type of shit happens in a church sometimes ago and .....i sopped going to church

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2017
crooked pastors every were
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sarutobie(m): 9:19am On Nov 12, 2017
seguno2:

Jesus Christ was speaking to Jews under the law that their obligation is for FOOD items and agricultural products only but not money.
Read Deuteronomy 14.
Are you sure you actually read that passage? You’re even more devious than the pastors you accuse...you even twisted what Christ himself said there...
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Diso60090(m): 9:19am On Nov 12, 2017
seguno2:

i dey think how man go chop this morning you dey say make i go read Deuteronomy abi wetin you call am self who ronomy Epp?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sexaddict08(m): 9:20am On Nov 12, 2017
jamace:
21 Richest Pastors in the World

1) Eric Macedo $1.1b Brazilian
2) Keneth Copeland $760m American
3) Pat Robertson $500m American
4) George Foreman $250m American
5) David Oyedepo $150m Nigerian
6) E A Adeboye $130m Nigerian
7) Ayo Oritsejafor $120m
cool Hebert Angel $60m Zimbabwean
9) Chris Oyakilome $50m Nigerian
10) Benny Hinn $42m Israeli
11) Joel Osteen $40m American
12) Tshifhwa Irene $35m South African
13) Ray McCauley $30m South African
14)Creflow Dollar $27m American
15 ) Billy Graham $25m American TV star
16) Rich Warren $25m American
17) T D Jakes $18m American
18) T B Joshua $15m Nigerian
19) Mathew Ashimolowo $10m Nigerian
20) Juanita Bynum $10m Kenyan
21) Chris Okotie $10m Nigerian
Compare these with Leaders of Other Churches and their Personal Wealth:

Pope Francis $0 ( Catholic)
Justin Welby $0 ( Anglican)
All other Leaders of Orthodox Churches have, at most, one home where they live , except Pope Francis who has no personal home .

Source: Forbes List

COPIED

From the above, we can easily tell those who are SERVANTS of GOD and those who are SERVANTS of MAMMON.

any link to verify this info....this is sad
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2017
lonelydora:
Most people criticising pastors do not even pay tithe or contribute more than 2000 for a church project, and they make the loudest noise.

Real givers in church who gives large amount of money does so secretly without anyone's knowledge.

People, if as a contractor, i win a big contract or i get promoted in my job with the aid of my pastors prayers, omo, what is 10% or more to give God back?

If you can't pay tithe, leave those that understands the kingdom's principles of tithing to continue.

A check on my bosses, have shown that they donate massively in church projects/ pay tithes, reason they keep getting it back in folds.

WE NEED A CREED ON CHRISTIAN THREADS HERE JUST LIKE THE MUSLIMS HAVE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sexaddict08(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2017
odimbannamdi:
From that video, Oyedepo didnt exactly talk about Tithing. He only gave a subtle and logical explanation on the giving using the case study of an elephant.

Oyedepo has a good sense of humour tho

he's fraudulent and manipulative...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sarutobie(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2017
Matthew 23:23
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Can someone explain to us what he/she understood from this passage?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sexaddict08(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2017
AnonymustME:
This is gibberish.

Not a single Bible passage to support his claim.

Going by his analogy, I pay my tithes once a day in the toilet, and in the right proportion.

hahaha....cant u see people enjoying him....are u an anti-pastor

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by EmmyDJourno: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2017
The education system has been ailing for as long we know, none of these pastors have ever spoken up about it

Now that somebody iyavvv touch their pocket, they are all speaking out

shocked shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2017
TreasuredGlory:
Any scriptural evidence to back up your claim or are you just hallucinating? 10/100 of my income cannot kill me, rather, it safeguards me against all forms of devourers. The carnal mind can never receive this or understand it. Selah! I even want to start tithing for my unborn children since I already have their names.
you want to pay tithe for your unborn children? and you already know their names? you need to see a psychiatric As soon as possible, i think you might be schizophrenic, i bet you can hear voices in your head too or see dead people.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by seguno2: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2017
sarutobie:

Are you sure you actually read that passage? You’re even more devious than the pastors you accuse...you even twisted what Christ himself said there...

Twisted what?
See below and point out the twist.

Matthew 23:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Abi you think that Jesus Christ did not know what He was talking about there?
Twist ko. Tweet ni

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by tabtabtab: 9:24am On Nov 12, 2017
I believe this tithing issues is a personal issue where every party has his or right to his own opinion.

I want to believe is one of the contemporary topics and issue that will keep causing unnecessary controversy..

If you as a an individual keep seeing the face of God and getting blessed through it! Why not pay? And if u believe otherwise that it has nothing to do with whatever conviction you have with God.. Then Why pay?

It will always be a matter of personal believe and faith like every other previous issue we have known in the past, like the issue of

1. Wearing trouser or not wearing trouser.

2. We should worship on Saturday not Sunday

3. Alcohol or no alcohol.

4. Now...... Tithe or no tithe

It's all matter of personal faith and believe
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 12, 2017
EmmyDJourno:
The education system has been ailing for as long we know, none of these pastors have ever spoken up about it

Now that somebody iyavvv touch their pocket, they are all speaking out

shocked shocked
Absolutely!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by Premiumwriter: 9:24am On Nov 12, 2017
TreasuredGlory:
hmm
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by hopefulLandlord: 9:25am On Nov 12, 2017
talk2saintify:

First of all It God and not 'god' its Jesus and not 'jesus'.. Show Some respect

pedantry

You Believe There are diabolical Power here and there but you don't believe in God.....Badadash...
who told you I believe that crap? did you just assume everyone does?

when you assume you make an ASS of U and ME

What Happens to ''GOOD ALWAYS SURPASSES EVIL'' ??
eh?

With Evil Diabolical Power everywhere, Why is the Good to Fight against the Evil if there is No God??

what are you really saying? you seem to be ranting

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by buzorcharles(m): 9:26am On Nov 12, 2017
Who do he pay tithe to gains made from his school?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Speaks On Tithing (Video) by sarutobie(m): 9:26am On Nov 12, 2017
seguno2:

Twisted what?
See below and point out the twist.

Abi you think that Jesus Christ did not know what He was talking about there?
Twist ko. Tweet ni
Good! Why did Christ say in the last sentence? He said that we should do the most important things which are justice, love and good living WHILE still not neglecting the lesse things which include tithing....Christ said that himself! I wonder why you all deviously shy away from that last sentence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If You Grew Up In A Christian Home And Never Had This Book... We No Be Mate! / Apostle Suleman To Buhari: ‘Your EndSARS Speech Was Useless, Insensitive’ / Bible Emergency Numbers That Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.