Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? (12692 Views)

Even If I'm Going To Believe In Christian Bible Stories. / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? / Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
Kjv

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by sunkieisland(m): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
this is exactly why unbelievers are ridiculing our faith

when there's division on a matter as simple as versions of the Bible.

brethren do not give room to the devil.

the holy scriptures are an inspiration from God not meant to be debated

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by modaink333: 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
PointZerom:

Good news is not complete
What makes it incomplete?

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by romelady(f): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
good news bible
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by PointZerom: 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
modaink333:
What makes it incomplete?

So many verses are missing in it.

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by classicalbenson(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
modeink333.....badt guy
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by TheManOfTheYear: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
mhizsuzzy:
The best is Good news bible.....

The only complete bible, others have some missing letter.........

A copy of it.......

Don't mind it's look it shows it has been read a lot; D
you can mostly get it in Catholic Church right?
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by UncutSk(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
kjv

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2017
PointZerom:

Good news is not complete
So which one is missing
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by mhizsuzzy(f): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
you can mostly get it in Catholic Church right?

U can also get it in a market or Christian store books........
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by pdpisGONE: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
the GOSPEL OF BARNABAS
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by adegeye38(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
modaink333:
There are many versions of the Bible, but to be honest, i think the "Good news Bible" is the best because of its complete books and is easily understood during reading �... That's my own opinion. But which do you think is the best?
The word of God of God is what carries life regardless if the version, the word of God never changes
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by TLisieux: 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
The new Jerusalem bible.
It was translated from the Latin or vulgate version written by St Jerome in the 5th century AD.

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by 02Kebreal(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
I KNOW YOU WOULD INSULT ME....
I DON'T MIND.....
MY PRAYERS FOR YOU CHRISTIANS IS THAT MAY ALLAH WHOSE MERCY,GUIDANCE,KNOWLEDGE AND FORGIVENESS ENCOMPASSES ALL THINGS OPEN YOUR EYES THAT YOU MAY SEE,READ,UNDERSTAND, AND ACCEPT HOW TRUE,HOLY,PURE,UNTEMPERED, AND PERFECT THE QUR'AN IS.
ANY RELIGIOUS BOOK THAT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHICH IS REAL AND WHICH IS NOT BETWEEN THE VARIOUS VERSIONS IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN AN ORDINARY EXERCISE BOOK.
ISLAM IS THE SOLUTION...
I INVITE U TO ISLAM.
MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOU ALL....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by kevoh(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
02Kebreal:
I KNOW YOU WOULD INSULT ME....
I DON'T MIND.....
MY PRAYERS FOR YOU CHRISTIANS IS THAT MAY ALLAH WHOSE MERCY,GUIDANCE,KNOWLEDGE AND FORGIVENESS ENCOMPASSES ALL THINGS OPEN YOUR EYES THAT YOU MAY SEE,READ,UNDERSTAND, AND ACCEPT HOW TRUE,HOLY,PURE,UNTEMPERED, AND PERFECT THE QUR'AN IS.
ANY RELIGIOUS BOOK THAT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHICH IS REAL AND WHICH IS NOT BETWEEN THE VARIOUS VERSIONS IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN AN ORDINARY EXERCISE BOOK.
ISLAM IS THE SOLUTION...
I INVITE U TO ISLAM.
MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOU ALL....
Bros go and sit down, Islam and Quran are no better. angry angry The Quran churns out terrorists and paedophiles like no other book. angry

4 Likes

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by Lorbar(f): 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
For me, it's the Message.

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by aku626(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
zionmde:

KJV is the 56th (or below) version of the bible.
its ignorant to think that it is the original just because it uses all the wrong english in the world. Thou shalt etc. Those words are not english words neither did the original manuscript say thou shalt, ye etc, the original manuscript was written in hebrews and greek, so the KJV translator did wat he could do the same way other translators did theirs
No translation is fake none is original, in theology different translations are required to fully understand different verses

KJV was number 56 (or below) on the translation line
sigh if only you paid attention to 'TODAY' in his comment...if only.
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by poweredcom(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
none KJV bible is just a best seller none is the best they are all adulterated
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
a bible is a bible even the useless KJV only came out when king James Stuart of Scotland broke away from the Catholic Church..
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by msbbash(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
see as them turn Bible to wole Soyinka book, wey them no know the better version ......yeye dey smell
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by nnamdibig(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Which bible is having the book of Mary magdaline and the book of Judas??
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by mu2sa2: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
Which of the numerous versions of the bible is "word of God"? Catholic bible, jb bible, kjv, good news, orthodox etc -all contending for the title"word of God"! Haba!
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by cyborgviper(f): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
Can u see why Christianity is false, "versions of Bible". where did u ever hear something like versions of the Quran. Quran is just one book throughout the world. All of u carrying new testament about re just carrying what some people say down to compose,the true word of Jesus is in the Old testament which Christianity has condemned...Think before it's too late. Christianity is a totally false and blasphemous religion.
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by cyborgviper(f): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
poweredcom:
none KJV bible is just a best seller none is the best they are all adulterated
u just succeeded in typing nonsense, did u just type Unadulterated... even ur Christian fellows knows that the Bible is completely adulterated coz if it isn't y would u have different versions.
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by Horduncee(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
I take either Good News Bible or Revised Standard Version
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by cyborgviper(f): 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
kevoh:

Bros go and sit down, Islam and Quran are no better. angry angry The Quran churns out terrorists and paedophiles like no other book. angry
that's the only song on you people's mouth. "terrorists". Islam is a religion of peace, so coz a sect decided to go rogue, u'll start shouting terrorists about. When did terrorism start? nd when did Islam start? Islam preaches against it. So stop looking for excuse for your foolhardy.
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
cheesy I would go for the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. It uses simple, mordern-day words unlike the archaic and confusing words of the 16th century (e.g saweth, thou, shalt). Most importantly, it restores and dignifies God's divine name (Jehovah) unlike other translations that have erased God's name and replaced it with LORD.

4 Likes

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
modaink333:
There are many versions of the Bible, but to be honest, i think the "Good news Bible" is the best because of its complete books and is easily understood during reading �... That's my own opinion. But which do you think is the best?
amplified bible version is so fascinating to read

2 Likes

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by kevoh(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
cyborgviper:
that's the only song on you people's mouth. "terrorists". Islam is a religion of peace, so coz a sect decided to go rogue, u'll start shouting terrorists about. When did terrorism start? nd when did Islam start? Islam preaches against it. So stop looking for excuse for your foolhardy.
Yada Yada Yada....the Quran churns out terrorists like not other, deal with it! grin
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by cyborgviper(f): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
kevoh:

Yada Yada Yada....the Quran churns out terrorists like not other, deal with it! grin
arguing with u is like flogging a dead horse..I just pray Allah makes u see the truth before it's too late.

1 Like

Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by AntiWailer: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Give me The message but I will ensure my KJV is still beside me.
Re: Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? by Oches4me(m): 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2017
kevoh:

who is the biggest terrorist, am sure u don't know is Christianity, that start first, second world world, that kill everyday all over the world, is it because the called them gun man, just common Bible nw all Christians are confused on which is best, may God open ur eyes to see the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You End Up In Hell Fire, Who Would You Blame? / Prophet Livingston Kwame: If You Marry Jesus Christ And Nag, He Will Dump You / Born Again: This Is The Only Way To Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.