Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible (673 Views)

The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2023
At one time before becoming an Eckist, I had listened to a particular message by Joyce Meyer and stopped going to church from that day onward.

Don't mistake her message for a negative one. Infact, the message (which I can't recall the name) was like the springboard I was looking for to venture into searching for God in the real sense of it. By that, I mean making this "God" thing a personal reality rather than mere faith and blind belief.

Joyce Meyer in that message spoke around the subject of outward exhibition of ones faith and it remaining there. She encouraged one to develop a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2023
At the time, my heart and inner experiences (visions, deja Vus, Traveling in the dream, prophecy, etc) where steering me to the a solitary spiritual life, where I am neither a boring religious person nor a spiritually handicap person.

My fears of eternal damnation and shame which may arise from leaving the outer fellowship of "brethren" held me back. I would not dare.

After holding on in futility, that Joyce Meyer message sort of dealt the last blow to the thinning cord holding me back. I ceased church and prayed at home.

I spoke in tongues from the wells of my belly. I grew in inner strength for the 'next phase'.

Before joining, an inner voice that had been with me from childhood directed me to Christ Embassy church and said "Use this pot to cook turkey"...the message of course was not about turkey meat which I loved ...

Caveat*

We are all unique, this means you don't just cease church because of a beef with a pastor or because someone left church snd felt better off. I mean do not take my word here for instruction to leave your church or religion please.

The golden rule had been: "follow your heart, it will never lead you astray"!
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by thorpido(m): 9:27am On Mar 31, 2023
So your personal relationship with the Holy Spirit to you to Eckankar? lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2023
After staying at home for about 1yr plus, thoughts like "this Holy Spirit, didn't they say it is everywhere? Does it mean it is here where I sit?"

I also began to question some beliefs and practices which I won't mention here due to the potentiality of causing a destabilization.

I tried practicing some psychic arts like being in two places at the same time and some others. I had taken my searches online. I found that the so-called "gifts of the spirit" are nothing more than abilities people develop when they expand their concepts of what is real or not.

It is tied to the saying by a a very wise man that "your state of consciousness is your level of acceptance", a very powerful statement this one

1 Like

Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:33am On Mar 31, 2023
thorpido:
So your personal relationship with the Holy Spirit to you to Eckankar? lipsrsealed

Sorry I do not fully grasp your question
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2023
Now about this "one like the son of man" in the bible, I came to find that he is a very well-known being in Eckankar. They even know his name.

This being was responsible for giving John the revelations he recorded which was never a Christian or religious affair. It was purely spiritual.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2023
Before I go further, I later joined Eckankar after finding it here on Nairaland. This was around 2011.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by thorpido(m): 9:39am On Mar 31, 2023
chieveboy:

Sorry I do not fully grasp your question
You joined Eckankar right?
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:41am On Mar 31, 2023
I happen to find out that how the book of Revelation came about was when John was banished to the island of Patmos by the authorities.

It will blow Christians away to hear that John then resorted to singing of spiritually charged words being alone and dejected. The spiritual words of course will be branded "satanic" by people of today.

This is largely because their practices back in the is nothing in similitude compared with the choirs time, sermon time, offering time order of events as we have today that forms the order of Church service. We today stick to what we grew to learn from Sunday school.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:42am On Mar 31, 2023
thorpido:
You joined Eckankar right?

Yes, I mentioned this earlier. 2011.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:44am On Mar 31, 2023
So while John was chanting those spiritually charged words, he of course would be charged enough to visit other dimensions, heavens and planets in full consciousness while probably laying in his hut.

This act of course is a discussion-ender in mainstream religion. But it is funny that the people the bible are written around all do it, else they are ordinary people.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2023
So when John chanted the holy words and was lifted to the heavens where the present, past and future exists as a single pot of soup, he saw events that are to occur.

Some of them was how beings from the skies in space crafts would come to revisit man again.

That being represents man in the higher scheme of things where man is yet undeveloped to participate. Some call it the 'Galactic Council'.

Interestingly, these space crafts and stuff where translated or written as "flying horses" "chariots of fire" etc
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 9:51am On Mar 31, 2023
Interestingly the church likes to preach that this person ('one like the son of man') was Jesus.

Of course you would expect this, everything must either be 'Jesusified' or it may not fit in the narrative of the Bible especially, and also the fundamental ideology of Jesus being the center of it all.

This is where one would earnestly beg to differ. Yes, Jesus is mighty, glorious, is the son of God, etc. But then, there are more grander things for us all. This is the realization of ourselves as pure spirit.

In other words, beholding yourself during a spiritual encounter as pure spirit instead of the boring bag of flesh that we believe we are. This is the true and everlasting Gospel.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by thorpido(m): 9:56am On Mar 31, 2023
chieveboy:

Yes, I mentioned this earlier. 2011.
Okay,I wish you the best.

I hope you indeed find the Holy Spirit and not the wandering voice speaking to you.I'll leave you with the words of Solomon on Eccl 1:18

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow

By the way,one like the son of man is the Holy Spirit.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2023
So I found that this being is known as an 'Eck Master' in Eckankar.

In Eckankar, any one who develops in spirit to become one with the Holy Spirit is known as an 'Eck Master'. Think of it as. Professor of the Holy Spirit.

'Eck' here is simply defined as what the church calls "Holy Spirit". It is that all-oervading force which gives life and sustains all things. This is what the Supreme Deity uses to manifest ITself in all life.

There are several people from all walks of life that had attained that stage. There are Muslims like Rumi the Persian poet, Kabir, Shams and so on.

Some are Christians like Saint Germaine, Saint Francis of Assisi. They are all Eck Masters in their levels.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2023
thorpido:
Okay,I wish you the best.

I hope you indeed find the Holy Spirit and not the wandering voice speaking to you.I'll leave you with the words of Solomon on Eccl 1:18

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow

LoL bro, what's this quote about "sorrow" and "grief", it felt so negative in vibration smiley. The Holy spirit business takes you away from regions where using sorrow and pain for any reason whatsoever is not possible. There are better things with God...

By the way,one like the son of man is the Holy Spirit.

This is true. It is the Holy spirit. Man's purpose in life is to develop to become one with the Holy Spirit so much that they are not distinguishable. There are those who have attained this. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2023
It is interesting that this very 'Manifested So. Of God' which was tagged "one like the son of man" also aided the famous Christopher Columbus in his journeys to the Americas to help with depleting resources of his people.

1 Like

Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 10:29am On Mar 31, 2023
For Christians who may want to think "well..it's not written in the Bible"

It is interesting that there was no "divine ordinance" that even a bible of letters between people in Israel be created to rule the thinking and behaviors of men.

This reasoning above forms parts of my questions back in the day.

Secondly, we don't read the Bible to become Physicists, Doctors, etc. This means it is not a compendium of all realities or truth. There are many facta and truths out there not written in it.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by thorpido(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2023
chieveboy:

LoL bro, what's this quote about "sorrow" and "grief", it felt so negative in vibration smiley. The Holy spirit business takes you away from regions where using sorrow and pain for any reason whatsoever is not possible. There are better things with God...

This is true. It is the Holy spirit. Man's purpose in life is to develop to become one with the Holy Spirit so much that they are not distinguishable. There are those who have attained this. Cheers.
Solomon knew something and that was why he wrote that in Ecclesiastes.Sometimes seeking this knowledge can take you places........
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2023
thorpido:
Solomon knew something and that was why he wrote that in Ecclesiastes.

My brother, there is something about the mentality of church/religion. It's very subtle and you need to catch it. This is the tendency to suspend using your intellect to catch truth especially if what's written is not necessarily true...there is this fear zo challenge Bible grin

Regardless of your religion, know that you must be ready to question all things if your interest is the Holy Spirit. Only IT is the true living word. Books are books.

Sometimes seeking this knowledge can take you places........

It is a law of life (creation) that if you want something in life, you must pay dearly for it by way of giving it time, effort, sweat and even blood. Jesus wanted to save some folks, look what happened to him. Dangote must of endured hunger, rejection and suffering to be where he is today.

Solomon (equally) said "in all they getting, get wisdom". In your line of reasoning, we have successfully caught ourselves in the throat here right?

Please study the parable of the sower once again and contemplate it. That parable is actually on today's church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by thorpido(m): 11:20am On Mar 31, 2023
chieveboy:

My brother, there is something about the mentality of church/religion. It's very subtle and you need to catch it. This is the tendency to suspend using your intellect to catch truth especially if what's written is not necessarily true...there is this fear zo challenge Bible grin

Regardless of your religion, know that you must be ready to question all things if your interest is the Holy Spirit. Only IT is the true living word. Books are books.

It is a law of life (creation) that if you want something in life, you must pay dearly for it by way of giving it time, effort, sweat and even blood. Jesus wanted to save some folks, look what happened to him. Dangote must of endured hunger, rejection and suffering to be where he is today.

Solomon (equally) said "in all they getting, get wisdom". In your line of reasoning, we have successfully caught ourselves in the throat here right?

Please study the parable of the sower once again and contemplate it. That parable is actually on today's church.
Okay.I wish you the best.
I had a colleague like you.Started out seeking knowledge like you and delved into many things.
You spoke about 'trying to be in two places at the same time'.These were the kinds of knowledge he also sought.He's late now.

1 Like

Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 11:41am On Mar 31, 2023
thorpido:
Okay.I wish you the best.
I had a colleague like you.Started out seeking knowledge like you and delved into many things.
You spoke about 'trying to be in two places at the same time'.These were the kinds of knowledge he also sought.He's late now.

Yes, being in two places at the same time was my interest. Eckankar thought teaches that it is an unnecessary distraction for someone in search of the Holy Spirit or God.

Eckankar advocates to seek first the true kingdom like Jesus said and all those 'side attractions' would be yours.

This does not how ever negate that the developed should not be able to function like the Holy Spirit like being in two places at once. Isn't it what drives some folks in church when "gifts of the spirit" is mentioned? I won't demonize being in two places at once.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2023
It is also noteworthy that this being was who appeared to Jesus during the transfiguration where it was reported that it was Moses.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by elated177: 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2023
Chieveboy, you are in error.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
elated177:
Chieveboy, you are in error.

Where please?
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by elated177: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2023
What kind of prophecy? You mean you prophesied?

What languages did you did speak in?

chieveboy:
At the time, my heart and inner experiences (visions, deja Vus, Traveling in the dream, prophecy, etc) where steering me to the a solitary spiritual life, where I am neither a boring religious person nor a spiritually handicap person.

I spoke in tongues from the wells of my belly. I grew in inner strength for the 'next phase'.

Traveling in dreams? How do you mean?
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by elated177: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2023
I will show you shortly.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by elated177: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2023
Don't be shy. Expatiate the bolded. Hold nothing back.

chieveboy:
After staying at home for about 1yr plus, thoughts like "this Holy Spirit, didn't they say it is everywhere? Does it mean it is here where I sit?"

I also began to question some beliefs and practices which I won't mention here due to the potentiality of causing a destabilization.

I tried practicing some psychic arts like being in two places at the same time and some others. I had taken my searches online. I found that the so-called "gifts of the spirit" are nothing more than abilities people develop when they expand their concepts of what is real or not.

The italicized portion has shown your error.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
elated177:
What kind of prophecy? You mean you prophesied?

What languages did you did speak in?

Traveling in dreams? How do you mean? [/quote]

I am not sure why this is important to you, I believe you mentioned I made an error, perhaps you have the correct information about what happened to me?
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by chieveboy(m): 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2023
elated177:
Don't be shy. Expatiate the bolded. Hold nothing back.

The italicized portion has shown your error.

Okay
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by elated177: 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
You didn't answer any of my questions.
Re: Who Is That "One Like The Son Of Man" In The Christian Bible by Dtruthspeaker: 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2023
chieveboy:

Yes, being in two places at the same time was my interest. Eckankar thought teaches that it is an unnecessary distraction for someone in search of the Holy Spirit or God.

Eckankar advocates to seek first the true kingdom like Jesus said and all those 'side attractions' would be yours.

This does not how ever negate that the developed should not be able to function like the Holy Spirit like being in two places at once. Isn't it what drives some folks in church when "gifts of the spirit" is mentioned? I won't demonize being in two places at once.

If you were normal you would know that you are not supposed to be in 2 places.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Pleasing Sacrifice / Help Me Heal From This Fear And Get 90k Reward / Watchword For Year 2009 And A Xmas Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.