Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges (1205 Views)

Navigating Academic Challenges: A Tale Of Triumph And Support! / Help His Friend Overcome Her Academic Challenges / Help, I'm Afraid I Could Be Expelled From School After 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by Realslimshady(m): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
I'm about to start my 300 Level 1st semester now, since when I started my program I got A only in one written course since most of my 100 Level courses are objective questions. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, if it's oral,objective or fill in the blank I usually ace it but I tend to collapse if it's a written question. What's worse is I usually have 30 +/40 in my CA but I can't make A. Some people with lower test score than me end up getting 80 + in the overall exams. I need your advice on how to answer written exams guys because I don't seem to get it right no matter how hard I try . I'm studying microbiology btw
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by RoyalBlak007: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
♤Simple. All you need do is DOUBLEUP

♤Put in more effort.

1 Like

Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by marttol: 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by Prec1ous(m): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
The first secret, you must be a wordsmith!
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by Realslimshady(m): 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤Simple. All you need do is DOUBLEUP

♤Put in more effort.

That's what I'm planning on actually, I actually tried last semester, lowest grade was a C, but eventually in the final week of exams my village people got me,i got sick ,malaria with typhoid I had to write the exams Like that,inside 4 days ( 3 courses, two 3 credit unit courses, one 2 credit unit course.) I ended up getting E in all of em . Courses I was supposed to get A in let me down, I ended up with C or B.
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by PastorMB(m): 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
hey buddy. I would love you to make this site your friend.

www.dailystudentinfo.com.

Now there is a secret to hitting first class even when you are far from it at this level. As at my 200 2nd semester, I was languishing in 2nd class lower, but believe me that by 500L, I was at 4.40.

What happened? I will explain in few steps.

1) You should know exactly your aim of being in school. Are you there to graduate with a very good grade and discard being a professional in your field?

2) or you want to become the best in your field and fvck the grades. Depending on the one you choose, it will lead to the second part.

You should know that there are two ways of reading and passing Exams in Nigeria (That is my next topic)

Either you are reading to pass exams, or you are reading to know what you are studying in school.

Do a survey, and you would see that only Medical related students actually don't have gradings in their final results (1st class, 2nd class, etc). This is because knowledge is not about your final CGPA.

If you are reading to be a professional in your field, (which might affect your results), then be ready to go against lecturers rules and write exams like a pro.

If you are reading to pass exams, it is very simple; Just learn how to cram. I can't write everything in my head, I have actually written a book on it, and it is selling very hot now. You can approach me for a copy.

#Bush
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by RoyalBlak007: 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
Realslimshady:

That's what I'm planning on actually, I actually tried last semester, lowest grade was a C, but eventually in the final week of exams my village people got me,i got sick ,malaria with typhoid I had to write the exams Like that,inside 4 days ( 3 courses, two 3 credit unit courses, one 2 credit unit course.) I ended up getting E in all of em . Courses I was supposed to get A in let me down, I ended up with C or B.

♤ WINNERS NEVER QUIT.

♤KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BRO cool
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by Realslimshady(m): 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤ WINNERS NEVER QUIT.

♤KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BRO cool

Thank you and I will

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by tobillionaire(m): 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
oga! LA cram LA pour fr exams will do... just choose like 5 topics from wat u did in a course fr a semester and cram it
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by rozay12345: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
Learn the principles of good reading and assimilation, above all pray to God to give you the gift of understanding and knowledge.
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by fatymore(f): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
Firstly, you need to get it Right... We have different kinds of lecturers.. Some prefer la cram la pour while some will give room for your own ideas.. Always have it in mind the format each lecturer wants.

Secondly don't read when it is time for exam, always read everyday for you to be familiar with the course as to make it easier.. Treat past questions also.. Read questions thoroughly before answering them... Writing full pages doesn't guarantee good grades.. It might contain irrelevant answers.. Make sure your work is always neat and you answer questions as instructed. If the lecturer sold a material.. Make sure your answers is tailored towards what is inside the material cos some lecturers are lazy ass.

Lastly, some of those you see having high scores might be sorting out the lecturers.. Paying in kind or cash.. If you can afford it, join them and have your A's.... This should be yourself last resort though..
Realslimshady:
I'm about to start my 300 Level 1st semester now, since when I started my program I got A only in one written course since most of my 100 Level courses are objective questions. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, if it's oral,objective or fill in the blank I usually ace it but I tend to collapse if it's a written question. What's worse is I usually have 30 +/40 in my CA but I can't make A. Some people with lower test score than me end up getting 80 + in the overall exams. I need your advice on how to answer written exams guys because I don't seem to get it right no matter how hard I try . I'm studying microbiology btw
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by femi4: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2017
Realslimshady:
Study past questions, look for past answer scripts with good grades and study how questions were answered.

2. Practice before the exam day, don't isolate yourself. Have a study group with the best in your class cos iron sharpeneth iron
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by Realslimshady(m): 8:47am On Nov 13, 2017
femi4:
Study past questions, look for past answer scripts with good grades and study how questions were answered.

2. Practice before the exam day, don't isolate yourself. Have a study group with the best in your class cos iron sharpeneth iron

thanks but speaking of study groups,iy can't work my coursemates are the worst that you could imagine , it seems like everyone is fighting for 1st position.
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by Realslimshady(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2017
fatymore:
Firstly, you need to get it Right... We have different kinds of lecturers.. Some prefer la cram la pour while some will give room for your own ideas.. Always have it in mind the format each lecturer wants.

Secondly don't read when it is time for exam, always read everyday for you to be familiar with the course as to make it easier.. Treat past questions also.. Read questions thoroughly before answering them... Writing full pages doesn't guarantee good grades.. It might contain irrelevant answers.. Make sure your work is always neat and you answer questions as instructed. If the lecturer sold a material.. Make sure your answers is tailored towards what is inside the material cos some lecturers are lazy ass.

Lastly, some of those you see having high scores might be sorting out the lecturers.. Paying in kind or cash.. If you can afford it, join them and have your A's.... This should be yourself last resort though..

thank you I really appreciate. but speaking of LA cram la pour ,it usually backfires especially in chemistry courses.
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by femi4: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2017
Realslimshady:

thanks but speaking of study groups,iy can't work my coursemates are the worst that you could imagine , it seems like everyone is fighting for 1st position.
Just look for one or two people not necessary a crowd
Re: Help !! I'm Facing Academic Challenges by yasolan(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
Find out what works for you and key into it, you are good to go

(1) (Reply)

List Of Schools Whose Post UTME / Admission Screening Forms Are Out / Obtain A Social Grant Worth N200,000 Now / 200,000 Naira For Clearance At Madonna University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.