Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car (9722 Views)

How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine? / 7 Ways To Elongate The Life Of Your Car Battery / 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by autojosh: 10:45am On Nov 13, 2017
A smelly car can be really embarrassing !,sometimes they are easy to resolve ,other times they are not .

Let’s learn some tips to get rid of awful smells in a car

1.Type Of Smell
First we have to be sure of the type of smell to be able to eliminate it .Does it smell like mold ?,a rotten smell ?.Figure that out first then it would be easier to go on from there .

2.Detecting the source
Once you have figured out the type of smell,detecting the source is easier .If it smells like something decomposing ,its most likely an animal died in your car,or spoilt food.If it smells like mold,its most likely as a result of moisture turning into fungus .So find the source ,you can do that with your nose or just look around.

3.Take Care Of It
Since you have detected the source ,take care of it !.If its mold,wipe the surfaces(with a mixture of water and vinegar). You can also use something like baking soda to absorb the moisture especially when the smell is coming from your seats or under the seats .

4.Do A General Cleaning Of Your Car
Well,you should already know and do this regularly .Take out the foot mats ,check everywhere ,in between seats ,underneath the seats and inside the seats (especially when you have kids � ).Leave no stone unturned .

5.Give Your Car Some Fresh Air
Preferably on a sunny day ,its best to always allow fresh air into your car.Open all the doors ,even the boot .Make sure you don’t do this on a rainy day or when the weather is cloudy ,because at that time the air is moist/damp,which can lead to more molds in your car

6.Put A Moisture And Odor Absorbing Substance In Your Car
You can try silicon bags you find in new shoes /bags , if you cant have access to that you can try charcoal ,place as many as you can in strategic locations for a few days .

7.Use air fresheners
Yes ,they help too.

https://autojosh.com/7-ways-to-get-rid-of-awful-smells-in-your-car/

By Donald3d

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by olaolulazio(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Sell the car to a dirty person.

FTC!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by eanestca(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
nawa,
waten us way no get car go dO?

this thread is deliberate attempt to intimidate we that don't have car by this present administration,
we cant take it, some body should bring my keke

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by karzyharsky(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
k
Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by Qsscruz(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
I gave a self acclaimed "big girl" in my street a ride few days ago and since then, my car has been smelling like a rotten fish but i know i have never transported any fish in it.. Maybe she is a fish.. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by drake49(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
The only way to keep awful Smell from your car is by bathing to avoid body odour @op grin grin
Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by bettercreature(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
Useless thread

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by Elove1: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
Avoid gals with smelling puna
My 2cent

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by epospiky(m): 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
all these can be summarised in one point na. Use an air frahener....chikena!!!
Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by KingTom(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Qsscruz:
I gave a self acclaimed "big girl" in my street a ride few days ago and since then, my car has been smelling like a rotten fish but i know i have never transported any fish in it.. Maybe she is a fish.. grin
Your keke abi grin
Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by IgedeBushBoy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Forget all the grammar and hang a douse air freshener.

I've been there before cool

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by Youngs247(m): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
i was expecting something else.
Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by shumuel(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
epospiky:
all these can be summarised in one point na. Use an air frahener....chikena!!!
abi ooo grin
Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by oyetunder(m): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
Or call down fire on the source of any odour.

Re: 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car by computerglobal(m): 3:10am On Nov 15, 2017
Qsscruz:

grin

(1) (Reply)

Toyota 4runner 2007(1GR-FE) Fix / 4 Typical Signals Of A Faulty Catalytic Converter / Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.