Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells (9840 Views)

6 Reasons Why Your Car Struggles When Going Uphill / Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking / 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Awful Smells In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by AutoJoshNG: 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2018
[img]https:///a/img922/6818/ADHmPx.jpg[/img]

Except you’re the extremely dirty type, nobody normal likes foul odour. Almost everybody (if not all) would love to keep the good smell in their car.

When you start perceiving foul odour from your car, it’s an indication that something is wrong somewhere. There are some things that can alter the good smell in your car and make it go bad to foul odour.

6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells

1. Burnt clutch or brake materials:
You will easily notice the smell when you’re driving with your windows down. A burnt clutch and brake pads that got too hot will give out the same ‘burning rubber’ smell.

2. Water getting inside the car:
When water or fluid gets into the car where it’s not meant to, be rest assured your car will smell. This is much pronounced after rain. Leaky doors, windows seals, can give water free passage into the car. When water makes it to the seats and carpets, it gives birth to smell.

3. Bad food and spilt drink
The smell can also be a result of spilt drinks or decomposed food for those that eat or drink inside their cars.

4. Oil leaks:
You’ll perceive a burning smell whenever oil drip and drop on any hot part of the exhaust system.

5. Bad catalytic converter:
When things are not right as it should with your catalytic converter, you’ll end up perceiving smell a rotten egg.

6. Fuel leaks:
When there is leaky fuel lines, stuck injector, bad fuel pressure regulator, they can lead to fuel being dumped on your engine region.

What else makes your car smell? Tell us in the comment section even if it's that person that entered your car with smelly shoes.

https://autojosh.com/5-things-make-car-smell/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by bimbomueeb(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
Good
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by crownson(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
No.2 & 3 are the worst.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by Alvin007: 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
What happens when someone at the back seat farts? grin
Some a/c refill gases smell like sh*t.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by apikipiki1(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
7. Sex

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by spartan50(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
How about lashing juice?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by FaithOba1(f): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
k
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by SaintHilary(m): 1:30pm On Sep 03, 2018
It's basically wen u bleep a girl with fish smell V n forget to spray pef later tongue
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by addikt(m): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
NACKING TOO MUCH PUSSY AND SQUIRTING ON THE BACK SEAT.....
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by tunary(m): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
Alvin007:
What happens when someone at the back seat farts? grin
Somebody will die that day o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by Alvin007: 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2018
tunary:
Somebody will die that day o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by tunary(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
spartan50:
How about lashing juice?
Spray perfume inside
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by mejai(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
body odour... armpit oooo
especially those dat like talking without keeping their hands one place
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by Houseofglam7(f): 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
cool
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by Freiburger(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ta...says who?
It smells because it is China made grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by demulepaul: 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2018
SaintHilary:
It's basically wen u bleep a girl with fish smell V n forget to spray pef later tongue
Dirty forming Olosho slay queens my foot with smelling pvssy every where grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by ukandi1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
[img]https:///a/img922/6818/ADHmPx.jpg[/img]

Except you’re the extremely dirty type, nobody normal likes foul odour. Almost everybody (if not all) would love to keep the good smell in their car.

When you start perceiving foul odour from your car, it’s an indication that something is wrong somewhere. There are some things that can alter the good smell in your car and make it go bad to foul odour.

6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells

1. Burnt clutch or brake materials:
You will easily notice the smell when you’re driving with your windows down. A burnt clutch and brake pads that got too hot will give out the same ‘burning rubber’ smell.

2. Water getting inside the car:

When water or fluid gets into the car where it’s not meant to, be rest assured your car will smell. This is much pronounced after rain. Leaky doors, windows seals, can give water free passage into the car. When water makes it to the seats and carpets, it gives birth to smell.

3. Bad food and spilt drink
The smell can also be a result of spilt drinks or decomposed food for those that eat or drink inside their cars.

4. Oil leaks:
You’ll perceive a burning smell whenever oil drip and drop on any hot part of the exhaust system.

5. Bad catalytic converter:
When things are not right as it should with your catalytic converter, you’ll end up perceiving smell a rotten egg.

6. Fuel leaks:
When there is leaky fuel lines, stuck injector, bad fuel pressure regulator, they can lead to fuel being dumped on your engine region.

What else makes your car smell? Tell us in the comment section even if it's that person that entered your car with smelly shoes.

https://autojosh.com/5-things-make-car-smell/

when battery is spoiling, u perceive d worst odour.

However what is d reason for the fuel odour I perceive when driving my Camry Orobo ? Because of this, d consumption is high. Where is d leakage from cos I don't think it's the fuel tank.. could it be the new engine I bought was not properly installed
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by cineasta(m): 4:40am On Sep 04, 2018
Acrid smells typically mean that either brake or clutch material has been burnt.. I was having this problem
Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells by IchBinBrait(m): 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
Water don do my car strong tin b4... I remember one time wen Nepa refused to give us light for almost a week, there was no dRop of water in the house, generator was faulty. I used the car to transport water with jerry cans from Iya olomi water supply to my house..... Damn!!! The odour lasted for days cry

Another important point is the neglect of regular cleaning/washing of cars by owners. Some car owners are dirty. Cleanliness is not only by wearing fine cloth and applying an expensive perfume. Most times when I enter people's cars I do shake my head in disappointment. The only part of the vehicle they maintain is the engine. They completely ignore the interior.

Ambi Pur will not be effective if you leave decomposed food & empty plastic bottles & cans inside the car. Na dustbin?

(1) (Reply)

What Brand Of Car Battery Is The Best? / 1.5L, 1.8L, 3.0L Engine? What Do They Mean In Cars? / Best Everyday Automobile For Lagos: Nominations For 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.