Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP (11525 Views)

Five Dickson’s Ex-Aides Make Diri’s Cabinet List Published / Ex-aides Sue Adebayo Shittu Over Alleged N21.5m Unpaid Salaries / Ex-deputy Governor, APC Chairman, 50,000 Others Join PDP In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by father01: 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
John Charles, Makurdi

Two former aides to Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom; and one-time governorship aspirant under the ruling All Progressives Congress, led about 2,000 members of APC to defect to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party in Benue South senatorial district on Monday.

The former aides are: Senior Special Assistant on Youth Mobilisation, Anthony Ada, a.k.a ‘Tony Trigger;” former special assistant to governor on legal matters and ex-caretaker chairman of Okpokwu local government under APC, Chris Idu; and Hellen Ode, a gubernatorial aspirant in the 2015 elections.

The ceremony, which held at Okpoga, headquarters of Okpokwu Local Government Area of Benue State, witnessed hundreds of members who had decamped to the APC from PDP at the inception of this administration, return to PDP again.

Presenting them to the party, former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, said the returnees had discovered that they were deceived into joining the ruling party.

“I said it during the re-run election in this senatorial district when many people I always refer to as ‘Food is ready politician’ left the PDP to join the ruling party.

“But today, they have discovered that the party in power is deceitful, all eyes have seen it with the manner the people of the state have been impoverished and they have decided to leave the comfort zone to come back to suffering zone so that tomorrow will be better,” Moro said.

Receiving the defectors, state chairman of PDP, John Ngbede, said, “It is good these people realised their mistakes and retraced their steps back to PDP.”

Ngbede noted that the returnees had become members of PDP family and promised that the party would not discriminate against them.

In a swift reaction to the development, the state chairman of APC, Abba Yaro, described the defectors as “a bunch of irrelevant people who cannot effect the success of APC in 2019.”

“They are a bunch of irrelevant people, some of them were chairmen of local government councils, they were all in PDP, so let them go back,” Yaro declared.

http://punchng.com/ortoms-ex-aides-former-apc-governorship-aspirant-2000-others-join-pdp/
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by Paperwhite(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
APC lying and rudderless government don tire people.The jazz don fail.People eyes don they clear.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by Kundagarten: 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Fulanis have beaten sense into their heads. All in all we will still shelter them under the umbrella.

15 Likes

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
Amazing decampment...see the sentiments on the comment above grin grin grin
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by tutudesz: 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
Welcome!!!
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by DrholuwaTOBI(m): 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ah
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
2,000 pin in an ocean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by NwaAmaikpe: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
shocked

Why should anyone expect any good from PDP when they are luring in APC members.
In 2019, PDP will be made up of over 68% ex-Ac members.
So why should we expect better governance from them?

I was taught that one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

But PDP doesn't think so.
Imagine GEJ lobbying corrupt, clueless Atiku into PDP.

The political class has failed Nigerians.
Nigeria needs a revolution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by Mgoffa: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Political prostitutes
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by romoruyi(m): 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by micgray100(m): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Register your LLC company for just 85k for 5 working days. See my signatures for enough commendations from fellow Nairalanders
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by brainpulse: 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2017
Political jobbers
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by BruncleZuma: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2017

SaiBabamus species will soon rain e-rain on your party whoring parade.
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by kelechionyeweri(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by stharrykay(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
for your church mind?
just one person for election can give you the vote bro
nairavsdollars:
2,000 pin in an ocean
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by sotall(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
OK
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by wellmax(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
The have to go, they came for free monies unfortunately APC won't give you that.
Only PDP will cater for the welfare of party members

3 Likes

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by Truflame: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
I think our politicians should have a common ideology like what is obtainable in Europe instead of cross carpeting from one party to another. How many times Barack Obama cross to another party before he became the president?

All these cross carpeting is an obvious indication that the Nigerian politician lack purpose driven ideology.

Zero interest for the masses but self centeredness is the main spring of these motive

1 Like

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by egeoffery: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
From APC to PDP, from PDP to village...
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by rozay12345: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
I will keep hampering on this, Northern Nigeria needs a revolution and leadership purge, i support the mass decamping if it will get Ortom out of the government house, leadership policy in the north is extremely myopic, just when we thought we were done with this wheelbarrow governor, his counterpart in Kano distributed indomie, eggs and tea for youth empowerment. So sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by netflicks(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nigeria is just going round a circle re-branding political thieves.. .just imagine jumping from one party to the other same thieves from APC.. ....Naija suppose don pass this level I swear..e dey pain me gan angry

Modified*
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
Tony Egede grin
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by pezeji(m): 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
Tony Trigger, ur own suprise me pass... signs of weakness from clueless Apc
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by thedondada(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2017
Defection

A law should be passed that 6 months after an election defection to a new party would not be allowed. I.e after December 2015 no party should accept new members.

I know people would shout rights and all that but there's something called political principle here it's the principle of power in my hands at all costs

Let them stay in one place. Once election is arriving they start jumping up and down like flies untop feaces.

Nigerian politicians are proof that people.can actually be alive without thier brains.

1 Like

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by lunacol(m): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
Off all the people that will welcome them back to PDP, Abaa Moro was chosen. A man that did ponzi with unemployed graduates collecting there little hard earned money for unexisting immigration job.

1 Like

Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by David160(m): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
join pdp and see the light
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by silasweb(m): 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
They are preparing for 2019
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
Those ones mumu don do
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by Splashme: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
Alignment and realignments loading
Re: Ortom’s Ex-aides, Former APC Governorship Aspirant, 2,000 Others Join PDP by EdDave(m): 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
PDP =APC.
What is the difference?
Birds of same feather.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Central Senatorial Re-run Election Thread / Ogun Residents Now Sleep In Benin Republic For Protection - Red Cross / The Diversity Of Nigeria Is Worth Celebrating. An Encounter With A Taraban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.