Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,920 members, 7,866,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:36 PM

Cry For Help!!!…why Do We Cover Abuse Instead Of Addressing It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cry For Help!!!…why Do We Cover Abuse Instead Of Addressing It? (375 Views)

Help!! Why Is Menstruation Blood So Salty? / 10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / Lady Mistakenly Sends Shower Photo To Her Dad Instead Of Her Boyfriend (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cry For Help!!!…why Do We Cover Abuse Instead Of Addressing It? by ORAGBON(m): 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2017
This email came from one of our friends months ago. Reading through it,the question that comes to mind is,why the society covers abuse instead of addressing it. Please read the post below and kindly drop your thoughts:

Dear Jzhane,

I have been reading your posts recently and I believe that you are doing a grt job. I dnt knw if u can help. I have a problem. I am 38years old. I have been married for 4 years. I have a lovely daughter .she is 2yrs old. My problem started 16 years ago when I went to live with my mum and her husband( My step father ). My parents divorced and my father married another woman who didn’t want to see me. So I had to live with my mum. For years, my mum had no child for her new husband. After a while, they started fighting, he would get drunk and beat her so much. One day.,he came back very drunk… Beat my mum and raped me. That was the worst day of my life. And also the beginning of my problems. He would beat my mum and rape me for several years. Even when my mother had 3 girls for him later on, he still continued. My mother refused to do anything because she didn’t want to leave him. After all, she kept ft her first husband. She didn’t want to face what people would say. My mother also warned me not to tell anyone. In my Ss2. I got pregnant. My mother aborted the pregnancy. My life was a living hell. Eventually, I left home to live with an aunt ..i didn’t tell her anything but I was torn. And bitter. I swore never to.....see more

www.Livelystones.com.ng
Re: Cry For Help!!!…why Do We Cover Abuse Instead Of Addressing It? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
so 16yrs ago (you were 22yrs old and in ss2) your mother's husband raped you and you couldnt A) report him to the nearest police statio, B) poison his sorry self or C) move the fukc out.... and you are here asking for help? why dont you stop writing rubbish stories to bring traffic to your garbage website, yeah!

Re: Cry For Help!!!…why Do We Cover Abuse Instead Of Addressing It? by ubunja(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2017
we dont cover abuse but how can we help u women when u keep going back to your abusers?

(1) (Reply)

The Romance Challenge Part 2 / I Am A Single Father To A 10 Year Old - Joining A Singles Tour / Happy New Month Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.