Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality (2853 Views)

My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall / Lagos CP Debriefs Disbanded SARS And Tactical Teams In Lagos / Policeman Inside Gutter As IPOB And Police Clash In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by LegendHero(m): 5:10am On Feb 26, 2020
Introduction:
The SARS brutality is getting out of hand and it seems the government is getting clueless by the day in finding a lasting solution to the constant killings by these blood sucking demons called SARS.

Nigeria is a nation where conventional solutions always seems ineffective because of the corrupt nature of almost all agencies of government. No matter what the leadership does, these agencies will always find a way to maneuver their way and commit atrocities. Hence we need to solve this problem using a more rugged approach.

Scenario:
- Police DPOs are always informed anytime their officers are going for a raid. (Probably 75% of the time).
- Infact internal sources claimed that the DPOs sometimes set daily/weekly target for officers to meet.
- The officers get back to the station and remit a certain percentage of their loot to the DPOs daily/weekly.
- The DPOs in-turn remit a certain percentage to the commissioners & other leads on top of the hierarchy.
- Possibly, the leadership in Abuja might be part of this looting network too (assumption).

Judging from the above scenario, it will be absurd for the government to think the police head will be able to solve this police brutality on their own coz they are all guilty from top to bottom.

Proposed Solution:
- A Rep should sponsor a bill to establish a separate disciplinarian (trial) court with sole responsibility of trying cases of extortion & police brutality in the police force. (The body constitution may include the police, judiciary, etc).
- The president should assent to the bill and make it a law.
- Make a law that ALL the officers that partakes in a raid of extortion be sacked within 4 weeks (Investigation period)
- Most local police raiding guys are familiar faces. Their offices are known by people in the locality.
- The FSARS guys too can be identified with at least something. (An assumption)
- Since the DPOs most times know about their officers going out for raids, make a law that any DPO whose officer engages in a raid of extortion be either relocated to another state or he should be demoted to a regular officer. (Give them grace of three occurrences and issue warning at every instance).

Conclusion:
In my own theory, it is better to go after the top guys when trying to solve a menace coz when you shake the top, the lower cadre will fall in line. If the DPOs are held responsible for the actions of their officers, they will make sure their officers are kept in check.

This is just me thinking out loud!

cc: Mynd44, lalasticala

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by mamaafrik(m): 5:16am On Feb 26, 2020
This is a good idea

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by jeffizy(m): 5:38am On Feb 26, 2020
You have really made sense.

2 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Switruth: 5:43am On Feb 26, 2020
LegendHero:
Introduction:
The SARS brutality is getting out of hand and it seems the government is getting clueless by the day in finding a lasting solution to the constant killings by these blood sucking demons called SARS.

Nigeria is a nation where conventional solutions always seems ineffective because of the corrupt nature of almost all agencies of government. No matter what the leadership does, these agencies will always find a way to maneuver their way and commit atrocities. Hence we need to solve this problem using a more rugged approach.

Scenario:
- Police DPOs are always informed anytime their officers are going for a raid. (Probably 75% of the time).
- Infact internal sources claimed that the DPOs sometimes set daily/weekly target for officers to meet.
- The officers get back to the station and remit a certain percentage of their loot to the DPOs daily/weekly.
- The DPOs in-turn remit a certain percentage to the commissioners & other leads on top of the hierarchy.
- Possibly, the leadership in Abuja might be part of this looting network too (assumption).

Judging from the above scenario, it will be absurd for the government to think the police head will be able to solve this police brutality on their own coz they are all guilty from top to bottom.

Proposed Solution:
- A Rep should sponsor a bill to establish a separate disciplinarian (trial) court with sole responsibility of trying cases of extortion & police brutality in the police force. (The body constitution may include the police, judiciary, etc).
- The president should assent to the bill and make it a law.
- Make a law that ALL the officers that partakes in a raid of extortion be sacked within 4 weeks (Investigation period)
- Most local police raiding guys are familiar faces. Their offices are known by people in the locality.
- The FSARS guys too can be identified with at least something. (An assumption)
- Since the DPOs most times know about their officers going out for raids, make a law that any DPO whose officer engages in a raid of extortion be either relocated to another state or he should be demoted to a regular officer. (Give them grace of three occurrences and issue warning at every instance).

Conclusion:
In my own theory, it is better to go after the top guys when trying to solve a menace coz when you shake the top, the lower cadre scatters. If the DPOs are held responsible for the actions of their officers, they will make sure their officers are kept in check.

This is just me thinking out loud!
. On point.

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Simplebeauty: 5:45am On Feb 26, 2020
grin grin
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Captainrambo2: 5:58am On Feb 26, 2020
Buhari nor go gree. He hates good things

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by madridguy(m): 6:00am On Feb 26, 2020
Your conclusion part is so on point. The problem with Nigeria is our government, they've shy away many things and you see policemen behaving as touts. Go to any police station and go experience first class human right abuses.

They talk to suspects anyhow. I was at Area F at Ikeja around last year to check on someone and you won't believe NP detained nursing mothers for mere issue that's all they need to tell them is that stop fighting.

The worst case i witnessed was a guy that was detained was simply because he separated fight, between a guy and a lady, the guy fighting the lady escaped when the lady's mom was coming and the innocent guy that was just going on his own and decided to separate two fighting for the guy not to injure the lady was detained. According to my observation, the lady's mother was selling around the Area F so she knows the Area commander and for this reason, this guy was detained for over 3 days and the policemen even said only the woman can decide his fate.

Nigeria Police needs total overhauling.

5 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by ChoCho54(f): 6:11am On Feb 26, 2020
Who else thought this thread was another secessionist agenda of the OP also known as metaphysical?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by cashinnaira: 6:23am On Feb 26, 2020
Useful
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by jodeci(m): 6:26am On Feb 26, 2020
.....Since illegality begets iIlegality, a rugged militant/terrorist group can also be formed with the sole aim of decimation.Any SARS officer sighted from far or near should be hewn down before they react,that way they will know they are endangered and behave well.

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Cherez: 6:30am On Feb 26, 2020
Oga LegendHero,
What an awesome submission
However, the snake you rear today especially against others will sure haunt you tomorrow.
The soldiers and police attacked unarmed protesters in the east (regardless of their reason, a peaceful protest or identifying with an armless group they believe in is their right) and most of you applauded it.
You guys always posted pics of soldiers lying Young's boys in the mud to troll. Now, the vulture has perched.
I'm not seeking a revenge or so but saying this to open your eyes to your ills perhaps you might consider a change of heart or even mirror yourself.

7 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by LegendHero(m): 6:36am On Feb 26, 2020
madridguy:
Your conclusion part is so on point. The problem with Nigeria is our government, they've shy away many things and you see policemen behaving as touts. Go to any police station and go experience first class human right abuses.

They talk to suspects anyhow. I was at Area F at Ikeja around last year to check on someone and you won't believe NP detained nursing mothers for mere issue that's all they need to tell them is that stop fighting.

The worst case i witnessed was a guy that was detained was simply because he separated fight, between a guy and a lady, the guy fighting the lady escaped when the lady's mom was coming and the innocent guy that was just going on his own and decided to separate two fighting for the guy not to injure the lady was detained. According to my observation, the lady's mother was selling around the Area F so she knows the Area commander and for this reason, this guy was detained for over 3 days and the policemen even said only the woman can decide his fate.

I’m telling you bro. They need total overhauling with iron hand.

It seems they are not even afraid of anybody again, not even their superiors.

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 26, 2020
madridguy:

Indeed. We have always known that justice is mainly only available for the rich and powerful in Nigeria. Yet it is tragic how little has changed over the years considering what others around us, in Africa and beyond, are doing to combat crime and insecurity worldwide. Instead of moving to reform the recruitment process for our crime-fighting agencies, so we gain competent policemen and crime-fighters, Nigeria just admit anyone into our armed forces to include those who can shoot a human being dead because of his hairstyle or dressing or the fact he is carrying a laptop.

Frustrating we are seeing troubling insecurity without the attendant reforms to checkmate it and I can only blame this on Buhari and the incompetent appointees he continues to persevere with.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Seerade029: 6:52am On Feb 26, 2020
Cherez:
Oga LegendHero,
However, the snake you rear today especially against others will sure haunt you tomorrow.
The soldiers and police attacked unarmed protesters in the east (regardless of their reason, a peaceful protest or identifying with an armless group they believe in is their right) and most of you applauded it.
You guys always posted pics of soldiers lying Young's boys in the mud to troll. Now, the vulture has perched.
I'm not seeking a revenge or so but saying this to open your eyes to your ills perhaps you might consider a change of heart or even mirror yourself.

You're saying trash Mr. Man.
Have you forgotten how nnamdi kanu used to abuse the Yorubas

Did we kill you or drove you out of Yorubaland because of that

We're paying you back for the insults you guys do, now it's paining you because you can't eat your cake and have it..

Sit down and enjoy the trolling and taunting..
Infact it's just the beginning...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by candiva2013(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2020
good suggestion
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by candiva2013(m): 7:04am On Feb 26, 2020
Seerade029:

You're saying trash Mr. Man.
Have you forgotten how nnamdi kanu used to abuse the Yorubas

Did we kill you or drove you out of Yorubaland because of that

We're paying you back for the insults you guys do, now it's paining you because you can't eat your cake and have it..

Sit down and enjoy the trolling and taunting..
Infact it's just the beginning...
You didn't make sense at all

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Authoreety: 7:07am On Feb 26, 2020
Switruth:
. On point.

So u quoted the whole passage just to write "on point"... guy u need brain organising slap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Seerade029: 7:09am On Feb 26, 2020
candiva2013:
You didn't make sense at all

Yeah, I didn't to you.
But when Kanu was doing that, you're all laughing here, with all kinds of insults.
It makes sense to you. Right??

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Kapeter(m): 7:19am On Feb 26, 2020
ChoCho54:
Who else thought this thread was another secessionist agenda of the OP also known as metaphysical?

whats your frustration though. isn't this burden too much for only you to bear. you are always running around every thread created by Yoruba folks while abandon important Ibo threads begging for your attention.

only God knows who's more frustrated between you and that upper Iweka barrow pusher called meleszenawi

2 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by XD3G: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2020
Well said man. In addition to that, any Officer that commits extrajudicial killing, should be tried for murder, alongside his DPO.

Let the DPOs be responsible and accountable for the actions and conduct of their Officers.

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2020
Kapeter:
whats your frustration though. isn't this burden too much for only you to bear. you are always running around every thread created by Yoruba folks while abandon important Ibo threads begging for your attention.

only God knows who's more frustrated between you and that upper Iweka barrow pusher called meleszenawi

I am the cause of dilapidated villages in west.

Be guided.

Secondly I will love to see your face and if there is no line on your face then we will certify you fit....on earth.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Kapeter(m): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I am the cause of dilapidated villages in west.

Be guided.

Secondly I will love to see your face and if there is no line on your face then we will certify you fit....on earth.
madness caused by frustration. one thing about you is that even a foetus will easily detect the only sickness you suffer from is nothing but frustration. we didn't experience war and we didn't die like chicken in our droves, bomb didn't destroy our lands reason our old buildings are still standing tall. frustrated and at the same time unintelligent.

I pity those that made it possible for you to be on earth. such a waste of everything. well it could have been a baby factory miracle anyway. with folks from the other side of the Niger, anything is possible.

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Kapeter(m): 7:37am On Feb 26, 2020
Cherez:
Oga LegendHero,

one thing I have come to love is how frustrated many of you will forever be, every other day, there must be a reason to become more frustrated, frustration must surely be multiply by 3 for you lots from the other side of that river. is that how bad you've been dealt it or still been dealt with? SARS doesn't harass people from your own region?

only God can explain how He created you folks, it's surely different from the rest. even berbers and Arabs aren't this mostly stupid and frustrated.

sooner than later, the name of a certain major tribe will be replaced with Frustration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 26, 2020
Kapeter:
madness caused by frustration. one thing about you is that even a foetus will easily detect the only sickness you suffer from is nothing but frustration. we didn't experience war and we didn't die like chicken in our droves, bomb didn't destroy our lands reason our old buildings are still standing tall. frustrated and at the same time unintelligent.

I pity those that made it possible for you to be on earth. such a waste of everything. well it could have been a baby factory miracle anyway. with folks from the other side of the Niger, anything is possible.

Lol

See reply ooo....This is a clear definition of bitterness and frustration.

I still repeat I will love to see your face and if there is no lines on your face then we will certify you fit....on earth......Very Important.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 26, 2020
Kapeter:
one thing I have come to love is how frustrated many of you will forever be, every other day, there must be a reason to become more frustrated, frustration must surely be multiply by 3 for you lots from the other side of that river. is that how bad you've been dealt it or still been dealt with? SARS doesn't harass people from your own region?

only God can explain how He created you folks, it's surely different from the rest. even berbers and Arabs aren't this mostly stupid and frustrated.

sooner than later, the name of a certain major tribe will be replaced with Frustration.

Lol

You're sounding too bitter......Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

please face what is facing you and contribute to your brother's topic.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Kapeter(m): 7:44am On Feb 26, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lol

See reply ooo....This is a clear definition of bitterness and frustration.

I still repeat I will love to see your face and if there is no lines on your face then we will certify you fit....on earth......Very Important.
the soul your body inherited are those souls God created but have no plans for, He create them while these souls just walk up and down earth without a purpose. and couple with the suyanized event that it also witnessed, it is bound to be frustrated and be more daily.

I honestly pity your innocent body, carrying a frustrated soul about.

3 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by ChoCho54(f): 7:50am On Feb 26, 2020
Kapeter:

Hey! Get off my mention you fcvking attention seeker! You have been duely noticed!

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 26, 2020
Kapeter:
the soul your body inherited are those souls God created but have no plans for, He create them while these souls just walk up and down earth without a purpose. and couple with the suyanized event that it also witnessed, it is bound to be frustrated and be more daily.

I honestly pity your innocent body, carrying a frustrated soul about.

I still repeat I will love to see your face and if there are no lines on your face then we will certify you fit....on earth......Very Important.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by helinues: 7:56am On Feb 26, 2020
So with all the epistle, you omitted increasing their welfare...
Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by ChoCho54(f): 7:56am On Feb 26, 2020
Kapeter:

This dingB is likely the OP as well. Just observing your clumsiness from a distance. grin

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Kapeter(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2020
ChoCho54:
This dingB is likely the OP as well. Just observing your clumsiness from a distance. grin
its abysmal that gandollar s frustration sickness isn't getting a cure soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality by Kapeter(m): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I still repeat I will love to see your face and if there are no lines on your face then we will certify you fit....on earth......Very Important.
maybe the day you will eventually make sense will come tomorrow obviously. but maybe this fact will help bring the day, "I have never seen you make sense here, not a day of an iota of sense bro."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Voting Amaechi A Win Win / Nigerians Turn Buhari’s Twitter Page Into Portal For Follow Backs / Nnamdi Kanu Brother Impregnated His Cousin Ijelespeaks Exposes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.