Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) (96200 Views)

Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover / Update: No Military Takeover In Zimbabwe - Says Zimbabwe Defence Forces (Video) / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by panafrican(m): 1:57am On Nov 16, 2017
BBC French version is reporting on unrest in Harare, with young people burning tires and blocking streets. It was on www.bbc.com/afrique today in the morning, the article has been deleted.

French African weekly Newspaper Jeune Afrique is saying the military controls only a part of the capital, not all areas.
....Alors que le président Robert Mugabe affirme être détenu à son domicile, dans une capitale en partie contrôlée par l’armée ...http://www.jeuneafrique.com/493267/politique/zimbabwe-le-limogeage-de-son-vice-president-par-mugabe-a-ete-le-coup-de-trop/
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by vioment: 2:03am On Nov 16, 2017
Good for Zimbabwe, biya is next. On another note, i noticed the grounds of these pictures are litter free and make their country look better. I wouldn't put zimbabwe on a polished country list, maybe if i knew any better. Could it be that Nigeria is the dirtiest country in africa or should I say english speaking west african countries have the dirtiest countries outside of war torn places.
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by 1234onyekwe: 2:21am On Nov 16, 2017
erico2k2:

warri grammer, if U nor understand U can go and Di*****
U re already a dead man for speaking this kind of grammar & colossal waist to this generation.
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by seguno2: 2:57am On Nov 16, 2017
sureguy02:
You obviously stay in a village. I can be certain you haven't​ been to Abj, VI, Lekki etc.

By the way, how can you ascertain the level of development of a country by looking at a few pictures?

Do those places have ordinary tap water flowing regularly with adequate pressure?

2 Likes

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 16, 2017
seguno2:

Do those places have ordinary tap water flowing regularly with adequate pressure?

lmao...Is that your yardstick for measuring development?
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by kabaka1: 3:42am On Nov 16, 2017
meforyou1:
That's why I like Nigeria. No man can rule Nigeria for 30 years. Even IBB a military man was disturbed till he "stepped aside". Abacha a military man wanted to try it. He's in the grave now. Obasanjo a military man wanted 3rd term. He bribed every senator N50 million and every house of rep N30 million. When the bill came, senators rejected it. And when it got to house of reps, they declared it "dead on arrival"

I never knew about this bribery allegations though I knew he wanted a 3rd term

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by kabaka1: 3:45am On Nov 16, 2017
vioment:
Good for Zimbabwe, biya is next. On another note, i noticed the grounds of these pictures are litter free and make their country look better. I wouldn't put zimbabwe on a polished country list, maybe if i knew any better. Could it be that Nigeria is the dirtiest country in africa or should I say english speaking west african countries have the dirtiest countries outside of war torn places.

that might be right. Nigerians no dey shame In terms of sanity. I need to treat dem like animals 2 keep their environs clean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by seguno2: 4:01am On Nov 16, 2017
sureguy02:
lmao...Is that your yardstick for measuring development?

Can you go to the university without completing primary and secondary education?
Can you roof a house without completing the foundation and walls?
To develop you must have the basics in place and functional first.
I hope that you understand now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Johnnyessence(m): 5:30am On Nov 16, 2017
seguno2:

What exactly did the youths do to deserve the handover?
Taking power from another person is not matter of beans and rice. It is by fire and force. Do today’s youths have that in their spirits as Mugabe had in the 60s and 70s? The same way that Zik, Awo and Ahmadu Bello had it in the 50s?
they should first handover the government to the youth first and see what they can offer. The old ones we have been voting, please what can they offer hmm.
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Johnnyessence(m): 5:32am On Nov 16, 2017
bamidelee:

you meant dose from yeast
no.
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Nobody: 5:36am On Nov 16, 2017
meforyou1:
That's why I like Nigeria. No man can rule Nigeria for 30 years. Even IBB a military man was disturbed till he "stepped aside". Abacha a military man wanted to try it. He's in the grave now. Obasanjo a military man wanted 3rd term. He bribed every senator N50 million and every house of rep N30 million. When the bill came, senators rejected it. And when it got to house of reps, they declared it "dead on arrival"

Nigeria is a unique country inspite of the cursed leadership it has been facing since independence!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by DeeChukwu: 5:37am On Nov 16, 2017
johnnyvid:
The atmosphere in Zimbabwe is reportedly tense after the military took over, detained President Robert Mugabe and his wife, then declared that the former vice president will be the interim president in what is being referred to as a 'bloodless transition' of power.

On the streets of Harare, the capital of Zimbabwe, military vehicles were seen blocking the roads outside the parliament as citizens went about their businesses quietly. Armed soldiers in armored personnel carriers stationed themselves at key points in Harare, while Zimbabweans formed long lines at banks in order to draw money amid uncertainty following the so-called 'bloodless transition' of power.

The military's action came after former vice-president Emmerson Mnangagwa, 75, a veteran of Zimbabwe's 1970s liberation wars, was sacked by Mugabe earlier this month. The dismissal left Mugabe's wife Grace, 52, in prime position to succeed her husband as the next president - a succession strongly opposed by senior ranks in the military.

Just yesterday, the head of the armed forces Constantino Chiwenga, openly threatened to intervene in politics if Mugabe did not stop removing veterans from government. And true to his words, action was taken today. Deposed vice-president Emmerson Mnangagwa, 75, has now returned from exile to take control.
See photos below.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/11/photos-of-what-zimbabwe-looks-like.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Kokaine(m): 6:01am On Nov 16, 2017
FrancisAsquare:
I see, what is the difference between a 75 and 93 years old? This people don't know what they want.
its a coup not an election. the people have no choice
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by obaaderemi: 6:03am On Nov 16, 2017
Danladi7:

seriously,I thought I was the only one that paid attention to that details.

this people will suffer like libyans.Zimbabwe will soon become another Nigeria
that place is far poorer than Nigeria. How come you don't know this?
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 16, 2017
shallysgirl:
No, ask danladi your Headslamming waste land bro.
so that's why you're crying
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by shantyken1(m): 6:26am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=decatalyst post=62409686]

He is just embarrassing himself like Gaddafi

gaddafi of late (M) was d best presido guy. He utilize libya resources well. Libya are cryin nw are u aware
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by lebete3000: 7:08am On Nov 16, 2017
pyyxxaro:
America has finally succeeded sad

America this, America that.

You need to go and fix your life.
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by pyyxxaro: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2017
lebete3000:

America this, America that.

You need to go and fix your life.

Who's this lizard

Plz fix ur own life

And fucckk off my mention lipsrsealed
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by lebete3000: 7:15am On Nov 16, 2017
pyyxxaro:

Who's this lizard

Plz fix ur own life

And fucckk off my mention lipsrsealed

It is me your Father the Lizard.

Stvpid boy...
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by pyyxxaro: 7:23am On Nov 16, 2017
lebete3000:

It is me your Father the Lizard.

Stvpid boy...

It's official

You are a royal fooooolish fooool

Go bath ur body odour tooo much , ur mouth de smell dead Rat join
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Joelpinero: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Danladi7 post=62410314]

like kanu boasted that he would capture him.where is kanu today?

All of you claim he will never return from london and that he has even dead.He is hale and hearty in Abuja.
Oga don't even go there...
Who is buhari? is it that south sudden man that u are calling buhari... jst change topic if don't have sensible contribution just shut the fvck up
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by lebete3000: 7:31am On Nov 16, 2017
pyyxxaro:

It's official

You are a royal fooooolish fooool

Go bath ur body odour tooo much , ur mouth de smell dead Rat join

Mtchew.
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by MrOwonikoko: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2017
FrancisAsquare:
I see, what is the difference between a 75 and 93 years old? This people don't know what they want.

I wonder how u passed ur english in all aspects of ur educational background.

The military man said he wants a veteran to rule dat has more experiences dan a 52 yr old woman to rule irrespective of d sacked veteran. Simple! undecided undecided
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Seunspyder(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2017
What do you want the TOGO people should do right now ?
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Danladi7: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Joelpinero post=62421368][/quote]

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by Danladi7: 8:33am On Nov 16, 2017
Itzmizbo:
Bros leave politics alone and be realistic, because we can't move the country forward with all this sentiment. I am neither a supporter of PDP or APC or neither am i a supporter of goodluck or buhari, but buhari is worst and he have succeeded in doing nothing but to make Nigerians begins to hate themselves because of his wicked tyranny govt. This present age govt we are experiencing PDP, APC or what so ever nonsense political parties don't have anything good to offer to Nigerians. So i will advice we Nigerians to spent our time here online to discussed the way forward for Nigeria. Up Nigeria
stop hiding,come out straight!
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2017
1234onyekwe:
U re already a dead man for speaking this kind of grammar & colossal waist to this generation.
Nah Poverty dey put U 4 this talk so.I understand your situation perfectly . MMM deal with U and your papa wella that year (U wrote it in ur post I went fru)
Instead of U to . save your small cash on ur MB U dey waste am . arguing with me with unlimited internet . U are saying I'm already dead ahah U wey yoyr full street get mosquito and stagnant wee infested waters . Una dey hell fire like dis . Plz Enjoy your change nor B me do U take your fustration face yah mama and papa nah dem born U.

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by sherbol: 8:42am On Nov 16, 2017
FrancisAsquare:

u can't just say dey don't no wot dey want.
do we no wot we want in Nigeria?
even if we no,circumstances beyond our control won't let it materialise.
dey don't want him to b there forever, DAT is wot dey want.
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by holluphemydavid(m): 8:53am On Nov 16, 2017
enya Mugagbe rite now
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by ModsWillKillNL: 9:30am On Nov 16, 2017
paradigmshift:

not about typing online, have you been to Libya ?

I don't have to be there.

Whatever they may be passing through is temporary. They will come out stronger.

They deserve to be free!
Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by enonche85(m): 9:35am On Nov 16, 2017
meforyou1:
buhari is leaving 2019. That is signed and stamped. We don't need any military intervention

We ourselves are the military that will push him out with our PVC come 2019!

1 Like

Re: Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) by paradigmshift(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

I don't have to be there.

Whatever they may be passing through is temporary. They will come out stronger.

They deserve to be free!

they can't come out of it bro..if you don't know anything about Libya, don't say anything about them ok. have you heard that a Libyan citizen traveled out of Libya B4 to go and hustle ? no they don't because they have everything. light is free, housing is free, when oil is sold out, the citizens have their percentage of it, you are paid if you don't have a job monthly until you get a job, free water n etc. Gadaffi is the only person to single handedly carried out the world largest irrigation system to provide water in Libya, can go on and on for you. The currency dinar is just a like dollar and was a thereat to Dollar. There was nothing wrong in Libya at all , America envied and turned the people against him. don't just come up and say they deserved to be free, free from what? Gaddafi built Libya from scratch to finish. I know many Nigerians who built their houses while working in Libya. if you go to Libya today, no stable light and things are worse, terrorism has taken some part and it's nothing to write home about. ask any Libyan , they will tell you they regret joining America to kill Gadaffi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dozens Of Bodyguards Surrounding Kim Jong Un's Limousine In Vietnam(Pics) / Women Fight In Salon Over Politician In Kenya (Photos) / U.S President Biden Falls Off His Bike While Riding In Delaware (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.