Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy (924 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
Science has made great strides in modern times. As a result, old theories have given way to new ones. What was once accepted as fact may now be seen as myth. Science textbooks often need revision.

THE Bible is not a science textbook. Yet, when it comes to scientific matters, the Bible is noteworthy not only for what it says but also for what it does not say.

Free of unscientific views.
Many mistaken beliefs gained wide acceptance in ancient times. Views about the earth ranged from the idea that it was flat to the notion that tangible substances or objects held it aloft. Long before science learned about the spread and prevention of disease, physicians employed some practices that were ineffective at best, lethal at worst. But not once in its more than 1,100 chapters does the Bible endorse any unscientific views or harmful practices.

Scientifically sound statements.
Some 3,500 years ago, the Bible stated that the earth is hanging “upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) In the eighth century B.C.E., Isaiah clearly referred to “the circle [or, sphere] of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22) A spherical earth held in empty space without any visible or physical means of support—does not that description sound remarkably modern?

Written about 1500 B.C.E., the Mosaic Law (found in the first five books of the Bible) contained sound laws regarding quarantining of the sick, treatment of dead bodies, and disposal of waste.—Leviticus 13:1-5; Numbers 19:1-13; Deuteronomy 23:13, 14.

Partly as a result of turning powerful telescopes toward the heavens, scientists have concluded that the universe had a sudden “birth.” Not all scientists like the implications of this explanation. One professor noted: “A universe that began seems to demand a first cause; for who could imagine such an effect without a sufficient cause?” Yet, long before telescopes, the very first verse of the Bible plainly stated: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”—Genesis 1:1.

Even though it is an ancient book and touches on many subjects, the Bible contains no scientific inaccuracies. Does not such a book merit, at the very least, our consideration? *
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
OK,but d bible is one of d most confused book ever written by man,from d old to d new testament,Eg, in d old testament, it States, God is one, No hell, and all dat,new testament, God is a Trinity, d wicked will burn in hell, it make's no sense

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2017
Did you read the Bible to make such assertion or are you basing your thought on things you have been told?
And, what would you consider as the most trustworthy book?
Jesse01:
OK,but d bible is one of d most confused book ever written by man,from d old to d new testament,Eg, in d old testament, it States, God is one, No hell, and all dat,new testament, God is a Trinity, d wicked will burn in hell, it make's no sense
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
read it my self, and truth to be told, it very confusing

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 7:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
How long did it take you to read it?
And, what would you consider as the most trustworthy book?
Jesse01:
read it my self, and truth to be told, it very confusing
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
I have been reading d bible,4 all I can remember.no book written by man is ever trustworthy to read,just pick what u can take out of it.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
If no book written by man is ever trustworthy, how about words of men, are they trustworthy?
Jesse01:
I have been reading d bible,4 all I can remember.no book written by man is ever trustworthy to read,just pick what u can take out of it.
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
How long did it take you to read it? And, what would you consider as the most trustworthy book?
I though u are Atheist? or is it hopeful at hand

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
I do not understand you. Can you rephrase this?
Jesse01:
I though u are Atheist? or is it hopeful at hand
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I do not understand you. Can you rephrase this?
oh Neva mind, back to ur question, man itself is full of mysteries, do u think it wise to trust anything dat come's from his mouth?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
So, why should I trust you and all you typed here?
Jesse01:
oh Neva mind, back to ur question, man itself is full of mysteries, do u think it wise to trust anything dat come's from his mouth?
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
So, why should I trust you and all you typed here?
cheesy u don't dat y u don't have to believe everything u read in d good book

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
Well, since you are not trustworthy, why do I have to take advice from you?
But, do you know that the Bible can actually teach you how to be honest and trustworthy?
Jesse01:
cheesy u don't dat y u don't have to believe everything u read in d good book
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Well, since you are not trustworthy, why do I have to take advice from you?
But, do you know that the Bible can actually teach you how to be honest and trustworthy?
d bible was written by man,and man is deceitful, can't trust anything written by man, or u want to tell me dat d Bible was written by God himself? sorry can't trust it no man is trust worthy.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
Who was the man? If I asked you your name, would you confidently tell me? Do you believe that you have a name? Did your name come from a man or from God?
Jesse01:
d bible was written by man,and man is deceitful, can't trust anything written by man, or u want to tell me dat d Bible was written by God himself? sorry can't trust it no man is trust worthy.
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Who was the man? If I asked you your name, would you confidently tell me? Do you believe that you have a name? Did your name come from a man or from God?
men not man my bad, what is a name, or what is in a name? d Native Americans name dere children wat dey see around dem, thus u have names like bush, wood spear,stone and co, dis names comes from what dey see, I can't believe what I don't see, dat y I can't trust any man, and dat bible, God and so on was written by man\men, and remembered man can't be trust worthy.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 8:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
I am talking about you. When I meet native Americans, I will ask them that. Do you have a name?
Jesse01:
men not man my bad, what is a name, or what is in a name? d Native Americans name dere children wat dey see around dem, thus u have names like bush, wood spear,stone and co, dis names comes from what dey see, I can't believe what I don't see, dat y I can't trust any man, and dat bible, God and so on was written by man\men, and remembered man can't be trust worthy.
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I am talking about you. When I meet native Americans, I will ask them that. Do you have a name?
of course I do have a name if I don't have a name I wount be able to Register on dis platform.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
Is your name from God or men?
Jesse01:
of course I do have a name if I don't have a name I wount be able to Register on dis platform.
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Is your name from God or men?
my name was given to me by my father ,who is a man not God.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by lovingJehovah: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
And you accepted it as your name. Are you not hypocritical?
Jesse01:
my name was given to me by my father ,who is a man not God.
Re: Reasons To Trust The Bible - Scientific Accuracy by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
lovingJehovah:
And you accepted it as your name. Are you not hypocritical?
not hypothetical at al dat y I change it cause I don't like it, And remembered man can't be trustworthy

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Six Enemies To Faith – Kenneth E. Hagin / TB Joshua Reveals The Two Christs In The Church / Photos: RCCG Abroad Churches Allow Females Members To Wear Trousers To Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.