Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,501 members, 7,823,168 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) (70136 Views)

Ayiri Emami Kneels Before Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Dele Momodu Fumes As KWAM 1 Prostrates for Ooni But Shakes Hands With The Oluwo / Ooni Of Ife In A Sway Back Sitting Mode On A Private Jet-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by Maisillion(m): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2017
fxjunkie:

Still doesn't change the fact that what she did is idolatry and wrong.

are u not a nigerian.thats how its been done since the old times.no idol thing here,u must postrate and the female must do as she has done.
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by IYANGBALI: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2017
airminem:

Bros 12 Don Reach ooo
abi u don dey doze ni?
why you dey remind me?I dey suspect you o,you don go wait for me for road with your people to finish me,God no go gree una tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by olabrad: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2017
K
fxjunkie:
Thou shall not bow to any man. This is idolatry

Do you bow to your pastor or parents? Then you are an idol worshipper
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 16, 2017
Why she no lie down snap the picture naa?

Sycophants everywhere

Abeg someone should lend me that dog picture wey dey look one kind eye like that.

Lubbish
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by Olu317(m): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
pweshboi:

I believe a king in south west does all the religions in his kingdom... he doesn't have a religion persay if I must say
Ooni has a religion. Accommodating Christianity and Islam doesn't change anything as it regard his ancestors ways of worship. Ooni worship almighty God through Irun-Imole.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by fxjunkie(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
highchief1:
shut up indomie child

I'm pretty sure I'm old enough to be your uncle
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by fxjunkie(m): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Gods curse on you boko haram.

What union has light and darkness? We have nothing in common, pls quote me no more
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by fxjunkie(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
KardinalZik:

There is a clear DIFFERENCE between bowing to RESPECT and bowing to WORSHIP; but the differece is too obscure for half baked fanatics like you to see.
In Acts 10:25, someone bowed to Peter and it wasn't counted as idolatory.

THIS IS RESPECT, NOT WORSHIP.

BTW, Bible never forbade bowing to men; it only forbids bowing to gods.

GO AND LEARN: HALF EDUCATION IS DANGEROUS.

Clap for yourself, for your mind now you have spoken with wisdom (lol)
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by chillychill(f): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
Adebowale89:

no he's a governmental ruler, mumu

I gat to belong oshi

Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
fxjunkie:

What union has light and darkness? We have nothing in common, pls quote me no more

i domt know Bt light and darkenss. but i know u belong to the gutters and sewers.
Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by Konquest: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
32Million:
All African Kings are worshipped because they possess powers beyond the ordinary....
A Yoruba king cannot be dethroned without death....because no two Kings can be both alive in the same kingdom!!!

^^^^^^^
@32Million

Thanks for the response.
I perfectly understand the metaphysical
connotations of your post.

Do you still remember how the Deji of Akure
was removed after the public altercation/brawl
he had with his Queen and her family in Akure?

He was dethroned by the kingmakers
after he was pushed into the street drainage
in the full glare of the public and
that is a TABOO among the Yoruba. He is still alive as of today.
You may wish to read more of that episode
online to refreshen your memory.

In Yoruba history, I know kings were usually
given a calabash to commit suicide if
no longer popular, ie, in the Oyo Empire. It was
a sign of chivalry to do so.

Some of my info comes from Rev Samuel Johnson's
iconic book, "History of the Yoruba." Alaafin
Aole [whose curse supposedly led to the
unraveling of the Oyo Empire and the dispersal
of thousands of Yoruba subgroups as prisoners
of war
to the slave plantations of the Americas],
committed suicide according to the royal custom
of the day.

Have a great weekend ahead! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2017
I have never seen any proof of existance of any oyo empire, oyo was a small kingdom which was partly overran by the fulani.
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
@32Million

Thanks for the response.
I perfectly understand the metaphysical
connotations of your post.

Do you still remember how the Deji of Akure
was removed after the public altercation/brawl
he had with his Queen and her family in Akure?

He was dethroned by the kingmakers
after he was pushed into the street drainage
in the full glare of the public and
that is a TABOO among the Yoruba. He is still alive as of today.
You may wish to read more of that episode
online to refreshen your memory.

In Yoruba history, I know kings were usually
given a calabash to commit suicide if
no longer popular, ie, in the Oyo Empire. It was
a sign of chivalry to do so.

Some of my info comes from Rev Samuel Johnson's
iconic book, "History of the Yoruba." Alaafin
Aole [whose curse supposedly led to the
unraveling of the Oyo Empire and the dispersal
of thousands of Yoruba subgroups as prisoners
of war
to the slave plantations of the Americas],
committed suicide according to the royal custom
of the day.

Have a great weekend ahead! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The African Phenotype Diversity Thread / Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.