Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (14165 Views)

Quiet: The Power Of Introverts In World That Talks Too Much / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Grudgeful Soul From Anothernigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2017
kabie:

U must be someone who lets people think being an introvert is awful.u don't need friends jst keep people who u can learn from or means a lot to u close the others are fake

Words to live by. I really don't get why people make it look as if it's a MUST to make friends.

For me, 1 - 2 friends are okay. Too many friends is a NO for me.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:09am On Nov 20, 2017
majekdom2:
That's what the extroverts don't understand. you don't have to be around people to be happy. Intoverts are usually engaged with activities that make them happy when they are alone.

Well spoken.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Etogist: 11:10am On Nov 20, 2017
What other friends could be more than, my lappy, Bible, movies and games. And what other temperament is more than saying what you mean and meaning what you say, believing in yourself and minding your business.
I love my life and I'm proud to be an introvert cos I love quite life . If I need answers google is the most trusted confidant . Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2017
BiafraIShere:
Sometimes when I'm busy and friends will come visiting me in the office, I'll only hope they would go as soon as possible so I can concentrate shocked shocked

Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by tintingz(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2017
I'm ambivert, I choose when to be extrovert and when to be introvert.

One of the advantage of being an introvert is having wide and big thoughts, brainstorming, but one will have to be an extrovert to archieve his/her thoughts effectively.

Mark Zuckerberg is an example.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by celestialAgent(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

God bless you my brother. So long as there's internet connection on my phone. Boredom? For where?
They are big time jokers! My only fear is being able to cope with my marriage when the time comes. I’m hope my wife won’t end up interepteting my intertroversion for neglect embarassed
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by DozieInc(m): 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
Darkseid:
There is only one thing in this life that I would trade my introversion for and that thing is 'nothing'. Because I don't talk much and always talk sense when I do, people respect me like I'm some kind of demigod. Extroversion sucks in my opinion.
Yea.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Hungarriman: 2:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ashley86400:
I'm an introvert and I'm comfortable with who I am.
Everything listed here defines my temperament and even more.
I'll stand for introverts like me and say the following :
- Introverts (or the melancholics) are usually alone in their heads than being out and loud. Sometimes it's not even a preference, it's just the way we are wired. It's not that we can't speak out more and mingle but we do it with a much lesser frequency than extroverts. We tend to think 90% and speak 10%. Someone asked me to define a very good day in my world. I told him it would include me being at home alone reading a very good novel/magazine ,watching sports, documentaries or playing video games.
It's not like introverts are completely "anti-social", we do go out on events and hang out with friends but it is usually at a lesser frequency than extroverts. Its just too mentally exhausting to keep going out in public for one thing or another. And when we do go out, it is usually because we "have" to, not because we particularly want to -perhaps it's in form of our jobs or it's just a compulsory event to attend.
Throughout my 4 years in Unilag, I only went clubbing thrice, and each time, it was to attend a friend's birthday. My friends on the other hand went clubbling at least twice a week.Weekends were usually booked for them. It just shows how different our temperaments were. My friends usually said depending on my mood I'm either the most quiet/boring person you ever met or the most funny/craziest. However,only my friends thought this way because of the familiarity we had as they tended to watch me switch between my on/off moments regularly. Other course mates, who just knew me but were not close to me thought I was just snub or weird. This even made them nominate me as "the weirdest girl" in the class, which thankfully, I didn't win. Basically, I didn't care what they thought, but I wasn't looking forward to placing a wooden award celebrating my "weirdness" on my mantle especially when I know I'm not weird.

If the world was a big party, extroverts would be the usual life of the party, moving from one table to another and having the time of their lives. Introverts on the other hand would be the ones who sit on the same table in a party, probably in a corner, away from the lights while watching the extroverts do their thing- most people mistaken this as introverts being shy, but the truth is we're just bored.
We introverts cherish our privacy a lot. Because going out in public completely takes us out of our comfort zone.

- If you see us raising our hands up last in class, it's basically because we don't want to jump into conclusions / or we find too much drama in expressive competition. Sometimes, we avoid raising up our hands for fear that we might be wrong. Introverts find it harder dealing with failure, embarrassment and rejection more than extroverts,who easily bounce back up. There's just no point. Sometimes my teacher/lecturer would have to personally point at me to get an answer.

- Music is primary for me, I've thrown tantrums at having my ear-piece stolen or spoilt than other personal stuff of mine. Music blocks out the activities of the world for every minute you listen to them. Being an introvert (melancholy) means we get lots of mood swings that we can't control. Basically we have an invisible on/off switch. Sometimes we're in the mood to talk a little or talk a lot, sometimes we don't want to talk at all. People might see it as a diss or being snobbish,but it's not. Our switches might just be off at that moment. Most times we don't even know why our moods change, sometimes our moods change because of things that happen to/around us, but most times there's no reason. They just do.
In a crowded place, I usually plug my ears to escape the noise or sometimes to avoid meeting new people or to discourage people from talking to me. I can't keep telling everyone I'm not in the mood for a chat, so I usually hope most people can get the situation and avoid me, still some of them (especially) extroverts will put out my ear-piece and shout something into my ear, lol.

-Unless, something very important is happening, I hardly make or receive calls or text. Emails keep flowing in- I can't control that. But it doesn't mean I'm not active on the internet. I would even say introverts are more cyber-junkies than extroverts. We surf and search for relative things to keep our interests up - latest games, forums (for me Reddit, Nairaland, Quota etc) ,I'm a female who loves sports (especially football) so I'm always looking up stuff from fixtures, to matches, to pundits reviews and back again. .I communicate with my phone than with actual people.

Its important to note that introverts are dreamers - we dream and imagine a lot more than the average person. This means we stay in our heads a lot. Dreaming brings about creativity.Creativity brings invention. The most creative minds in the world, wether for good or bad were introverts and they all noted that they had their moments of revelation (creativity) when they were alone - Newton, Gates, Jobs, Zukerberg, Ghandi, Einstein, Galileo,Picasso, DaVinci were all introverts, even Hitler was described as a child/teenager as being shy and introverted.Most of the most versatile actors and artistes are actually introverts. Johnny Depp, Daniel Radcliffe, Christian Bale, Emma Stone ,Al Pacino, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj,T.I . .being introverts helps them to easily glide in and out of a character or behaviour that is the complete opposite of who they are.

There are a lot more notable things about introverts but I'll stop here.
But if you meet introverts, don't think they're snubs or proud, talk to them ,strike up a conversation and get to know them, you might even be surprised they talk a lot when being broached about particular topics.
Will you marry me?
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Kendrick80(m): 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
Introverts are great listeners...dey listen 2 a lot of other pples probs which drains them,but they always find a way around it.Lastly they sacrifice their self comfort for others,even strangers.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Kendrick80(m): 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
Ashley86400:
I'm an introvert and I'm comfortable with who I am.
Everything listed here defines my temperament and even more.
I'll stand for introverts like me and say the following :
- Introverts (or the melancholics) are usually alone in their heads than being out and loud. Sometimes it's not even a preference, it's just the way we are wired. It's not that we can't speak out more and mingle but we do it with a much lesser frequency than extroverts. We tend to think 90% and speak 10%. Someone asked me to define a very good day in my world. I told him it would include me being at home alone reading a very good novel/magazine ,watching sports, documentaries or playing video games.
It's not like introverts are completely "anti-social", we do go out on events and hang out with friends but it is usually at a lesser frequency than extroverts. Its just too mentally exhausting to keep going out in public for one thing or another. And when we do go out, it is usually because we "have" to, not because we particularly want to -perhaps it's in form of our jobs or it's just a compulsory event to attend.
Throughout my 4 years in Unilag, I only went clubbing thrice, and each time, it was to attend a friend's birthday. My friends on the other hand went clubbling at least twice a week.Weekends were usually booked for them. It just shows how different our temperaments were. My friends usually said depending on my mood I'm either the most quiet/boring person you ever met or the most funny/craziest. However,only my friends thought this way because of the familiarity we had as they tended to watch me switch between my on/off moments regularly. Other course mates, who just knew me but were not close to me thought I was just snub or weird. This even made them nominate me as "the weirdest girl" in the class, which thankfully, I didn't win. Basically, I didn't care what they thought, but I wasn't looking forward to placing a wooden award celebrating my "weirdness" on my mantle especially when I know I'm not weird.

If the world was a big party, extroverts would be the usual life of the party, moving from one table to another and having the time of their lives. Introverts on the other hand would be the ones who sit on the same table in a party, probably in a corner, away from the lights while watching the extroverts do their thing- most people mistaken this as introverts being shy, but the truth is we're just bored.
We introverts cherish our privacy a lot. Because going out in public completely takes us out of our comfort zone.

- If you see us raising our hands up last in class, it's basically because we don't want to jump into conclusions / or we find too much drama in expressive competition. Sometimes, we avoid raising up our hands for fear that we might be wrong. Introverts find it harder dealing with failure, embarrassment and rejection more than extroverts,who easily bounce back up. There's just no point. Sometimes my teacher/lecturer would have to personally point at me to get an answer.

- Music is primary for me, I've thrown tantrums at having my ear-piece stolen or spoilt than other personal stuff of mine. Music blocks out the activities of the world for every minute you listen to them. Being an introvert (melancholy) means we get lots of mood swings that we can't control. Basically we have an invisible on/off switch. Sometimes we're in the mood to talk a little or talk a lot, sometimes we don't want to talk at all. People might see it as a diss or being snobbish,but it's not. Our switches might just be off at that moment. Most times we don't even know why our moods change, sometimes our moods change because of things that happen to/around us, but most times there's no reason. They just do.
In a crowded place, I usually plug my ears to escape the noise or sometimes to avoid meeting new people or to discourage people from talking to me. I can't keep telling everyone I'm not in the mood for a chat, so I usually hope most people can get the situation and avoid me, still some of them (especially) extroverts will put out my ear-piece and shout something into my ear, lol.

-Unless, something very important is happening, I hardly make or receive calls or text. Emails keep flowing in- I can't control that. But it doesn't mean I'm not active on the internet. I would even say introverts are more cyber-junkies than extroverts. We surf and search for relative things to keep our interests up - latest games, forums (for me Reddit, Nairaland, Quota etc) ,I'm a female who loves sports (especially football) so I'm always looking up stuff from fixtures, to matches, to pundits reviews and back again. .I communicate with my phone than with actual people.

Its important to note that introverts are dreamers - we dream and imagine a lot more than the average person. This means we stay in our heads a lot. Dreaming brings about creativity.Creativity brings invention. The most creative minds in the world, wether for good or bad were introverts and they all noted that they had their moments of revelation (creativity) when they were alone - Newton, Gates, Jobs, Zukerberg, Ghandi, Einstein, Galileo,Picasso, DaVinci were all introverts, even Hitler was described as a child/teenager as being shy and introverted.Most of the most versatile actors and artistes are actually introverts. Johnny Depp, Daniel Radcliffe, Christian Bale, Emma Stone ,Al Pacino, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj,T.I . .being introverts helps them to easily glide in and out of a character or behaviour that is the complete opposite of who they are.

There are a lot more notable things about introverts but I'll stop here.
But if you meet introverts, don't think they're snubs or proud, talk to them ,strike up a conversation and get to know them, you might even be surprised they talk a lot when being broached about particular topics.
100% true especially d failure,embarrassment part..
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by oglalasioux(m): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2017
Good one.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by humurphia(m): 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
lebete3000:

I dey feel jarey my guy!
Oya take 5!
The greatest problem most people have with me is not actually my introverted nature but my awkward social skills. This issue end up getting me depressed and eventually sometimes crawl back into my shell.
Being an introvert isn't the problem really but not being cool with people or able to flow easily is where the problem starts.
oya take 10!..
exactly!!
..i learnt one cheat that no matter how awkward a situation goes.either the manner one quickly handled an unexpected conversation.i just deal with it as it comes..i try not to even think about it, and even if i do think, i try to always be in control of those thoughts ..i think like am in charge of the thoughts like a boss and yeah it has helped a bit to become better so as not to make similar mistakes.awkward>regrets>sober>admit it >think less>shake it of>bone face>be better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by humurphia(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
junnaiskye:
All I know is right from when I can remember,
I hated going out
I hated meeting new people
I hated making contributions in class, church etc
I loved being on my own
I loved lying in bed either reading, surfing the internet or watching tv.

Being an introvert doesn't mean you are a social outcast.
It doesn't mean you have psychological issues.

It simply means you ain't comfortable being around too many people.

I'm 19 and I've never been to a cinema, party, club etc.
When I'm ready to go, I'll do it alone.

I do have friends but I find it hard keeping in touch with them cos I hardly call and I don't chat them up.

People normally say I'm egocentric but that's cos they don't get me.

I really wish the world would understand introverts.
wow...this right here is another whole level of introvert
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
Darkseid:
There is only one thing in this life that I would trade my introversion for and that thing is 'nothing'. Because I don't talk much and always talk sense when I do, people respect me like I'm some kind of demigod. Extroversion sucks in my opinion.

Respect is one of the greatest advantages of being an introvert,I just hate being an extrovert.You nailed it well bro.And introvert is taken more seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Contract By Melanie Moreland / Only I Level Up: Iron Sanctuary / Differences Between A Short Story, Novelette, Novella, & A Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.