Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) (42798 Views)

El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics / Placard Of Protesting Sacked Kaduna Teachers: "Exam Not True Test Of Knowledge" / 50% Kaduna Teachers Fail Primary 4 Exams, Governor El-Rufai Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by sanpipita(m): 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2017
Caulay:
Some people might feel this is fake but to be very honest, I did my NYSC in Kaduna and when I visited one of the schools where my friend was serving(to ask the Principal to reject him cos he didn't want to serve in a school), I couldn't differentiate between the the principal's english and Hausa language. It was that bad. Imagine when a secondary school teacher cannot speak Good English. You expect ordinary teachers to do so? It's that bad in most northern states.

Northern Nigeria has refused to embrace English as a teaching language, they mostly teach with Arabic and hausa, if anything has to change they have to embrace Western education fully

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05k8tx1
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by Bhol28: 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
CHAI!! THERE IS GOD O!!!
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by arrestdarrester: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Prop-a-goose
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
Settingz321:
Kanuna girl be like when am pregnant I will want to born a mail boy

Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by arrestdarrester: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2017
Caulay:
Some people might feel this is fake but to be very honest, I did my NYSC in Kaduna and when I visited one of the schools where my friend was serving(to ask the Principal to reject him cos he didn't want to serve in a school), I couldn't differentiate between the the principal's english and Hausa language. It was that bad. Imagine when a secondary school teacher cannot speak Good English. You expect ordinary teachers to do so? It's that bad in most northern states.

Not quite. There is a world of difference between Grammar and Accent. You cannot crucify them because of accent. After all there is American Eng, Canadian Eng, Australian Eng, NZ Eng etc, why can't there be Nigerian Eng?
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by carammel(f): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
As long as the pupils understand whatever they are being taught, I do not see much problem here.
Parents should teach their children English as well, kids pick up words from the environment and as time goes On, they develop themselves.
If I were elrufai, the money I'd use to recruit new teachers would be used to train these old one and everyone would be happy.
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2017
Nbote:
Each passing day makes it a lot harder to support these teachers. With all these English d "Symptoms of Victory" is far fetched

Nigeria does not have the right to reject teachers that are products of her education sector. The nation endorsed these teachers n graduated them from her higher institutions.
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by Bimpe29: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
ElRufai and co must know that, what's happening in education sector is a product of an aged long rot. The effect is pervasive across the length and breadth of Nigeria.
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by Adeebiwa09(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2017
naptu2:
A popular Twitter user, Mallam Adamu Hayatu, claims that this is a broadcast by the spokesperson of the Kaduna branch of the Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT).

https://mobile.twitter.com/AHayatu/status/931039246911188992

I think it's every where but more prevalent in the North in 2005/6 I was writing my SSCE went to a primary school nearby a teacher who is supposed to be an English teacher couldn't spell English Language on the board
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by jibs4lv(m): 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
One of my office driver told me he was a formal vice principal from North grin
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by KoboUP(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
Amazing
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by chigoizie7(m): 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
Well, that is exactly what quota system can do to society. Apparently, for the past ten years. They have been teaching nonsense to their people and those people will emerge and be integrated into the system with the normal quota system. And things will keep going bad by the day.
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by lereinter(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2017
idontbelieve joor
stop giving a dog a bad name
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by ALAYORMII: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Poor diction, what can such a person teach

Don't know how true this is but I served in the north and I witnessed education at its lowest
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 17, 2017
I served in a rural area in the south west I remember teachers speaking Yoruba while teaching English and mathematics in a whole class you would find just 1 sharp pupil out of about 60 students, there's no motivation

It takes a lot to inspire students, most of whom have never gone outside their enclave before, I will blame it to a large extent on poverty of the mind and pocket
ALAYORMII:

Don't know how true this is but I served in the north and I witnessed education at its lowest
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by ALAYORMII: 8:06am On Nov 17, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I served in a rural area in the south west I remember teachers speaking Yoruba while teaching English and mathematics in a whole class you would find just 1 sharp pupil out of about 60 students, there's no motivation

It takes a lot to inspire students, most of whom have never gone outside their enclave before, I will blame it to a large extent on poverty of the mind and pocket

It happens in all parts of Nigeria but very prevalent and worst in the north.

I have seen a South West teacher that can't pronounce amazing.

The principal of the school I served made this blunder

"Did you wrote the last exam?"
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by AuroraB(f): 8:51am On Nov 17, 2017
ALAYORMII:

It happens in all parts of Nigeria but very prevalent and worst in the north.

I have seen a South West teacher that can't pronounce amazing.

The principal of the school I served made this blunder

"Did you wrote the last exam?"
Very typical. In fact, I hear this every other day angry
Re: Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) by ALAYORMII: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
AuroraB:
Very typical. In fact, I hear this every other day angry

I can pardon any other person but not the principal of a school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / Top Ten Universities Chosen By Candidates During The 2023 UTME / Unilorin Students Disrupt Lecturer's Class To Celebrate Nigeria's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.