Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Long Crank Under Hot Sun - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Long Crank Under Hot Sun (2319 Views)

Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time / LEXUS GX460 2012 Crank No Start. / MY PEUGEOT 206 Will Crank But Will Not Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
What could possibly be the cause of having to crank the car for a long time to start, when the engine is hot and the weather is hot?

It starts fine in the morning, and other times but once the temperature reaches 90 and the car is under hot sun, you have to crank for quite a while before the car starts.

cc

Kingreign
Gazzuzz
Gazzuzz
Nurey
Ikenna351 ( car na Peugeot 406 )
Other gurus too numerous to mention
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by EkoErrands: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
Tyche:
What could possibly be the cause of having to crank the car for a long time to start, when the engine is hot and the weather is hot?

It starts fine in the morning, and other times but once the temperature reaches 90 and the car is under hot sun, you have to crank for quite a while before the car starts.

cc

Kingreign
Gazzuzz
Gazzuzz
Ikenna351 ( car na Peugeot 406 )

Probably your fuel pump is going bad.
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
EkoErrands:

Probably your fuel pump is going bad.
Changed countless number of fuel pump, all to no avail
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
I might be wrong.

When a vehicle is parked is used on a normal warm day, the gasses in the fuel tank expand. That expansion of gassess is kept under control by the evaporative system.

Now a sittuation where you have a faulty evap valve (in engine bay), on a hot day the only escape route for gasses is up the faulty evap line which is connected to intake.

What happens next is you have an uneven proportion of fuel to air intake side (flooding) more fuel to air. Which results in a longer start only on a hot day. Let me go to my peugeot and get you a pic.

1 Like

Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Osolo1(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2017
This is also a problem am facing with a 2011 Toyota sienna v6 2gr engine, new fuel pump fixed but problem persists.Once you pack the car under a shade and engine manages to cool down it starts with one crank,but once temperature rises to the optimum, you have to crank at least twice before it starts. BTW injectors where also serviced during the fuel pump change.
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I might be wrong.

When a vehicle is parked is used on a normal warm day, the gasses in the fuel tank expand. That expansion of gassess is kept under control by the evaporative system.

Now a sittuation where you have a faulty evap valve (in engine bay), on a hot day the only escape route for gasses is up the faulty evap line which is connected to intake.

What happens next is you have an uneven proportion of fuel to air intake side (flooding) more fuel to air. Which results in a longer start only on a hot day. Let me go to my peugeot and get you a pic.

Thanks for the swift response. Still couldn't identify it in my engine bay. 406 D8. Or rather what do Kazeems or parts sellers call it in general
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
Tyche:

Thanks for the swift response. Still couldn't identify it in my engine bay. 406 D8. Or rather what do Kazeems or parts sellers call it in general

take several pics of your engine, I will circle it if I find it.
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by viperman: 2:30am On Nov 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz we need to tal.
whats your contact number?
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:28am On Nov 17, 2017
viperman:

Gazzuzz we need to tal.
whats your contact number?

Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 9:40am On Nov 17, 2017
Pics are down there
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

finally done Chief

Gazzuzz, the pics are here

Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2017
Na so dey abandon me? grin
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Nov 18, 2017
Tyche:
Na so dey abandon me? grin

poor photography. Entire engine bay. Remove air cleaner.
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

poor photography. Entire engine bay. Remove air cleaner.

Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 7:33am On Nov 18, 2017
more

Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:52am On Nov 18, 2017
do not forget my stance is only theoretical, check for a pipe near or inside the enggine ecu. www.nairaland.com/attachments/6273885_tmpcam1790061109_jpegbc059a7625b0acf6b539e8ffe7ee3ab7

Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2017
there should be 3 pipes from fuel tank, 1 to deliver fuel to injector rail, other to return fuel to tank, and last one to take vacuum from intake to fuel tank. Primary suspect is the vacuum line and the solenoid powerd valve attached to it. It might be stuck open.
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
there should be 3 pipes from fuel tank, 1 to deliver fuel to injector rail, other to return fuel to tank, and last one to take vacuum from intake to fuel tank. Primary suspect is the vacuum line and the solenoid powerd valve attached to it. It might be stuck open.

Just saw this now boss. Thanks for your swift response as always.

1 Like

Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Tyche(m): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
There's no sight of the evap in the engine bay but I was able to sight it in another peugeout of mine.

Can't remember if it was ever there ab initio, removed or kazeemed; I never really paid attention to these things.

cc
Gazzuzz
Re: Long Crank Under Hot Sun by Grupo(m): 6:32pm On Apr 01, 2021
Tyche:
There's no sight of the evap in the engine bay but I was able to sight it in another peugeout of mine.

Can't remember if it was ever there ab initio, removed or kazeemed; I never really paid attention to these things.

cc
Gazzuzz

Did you later resolve this problem?

(1) (Reply)

I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? / Think You Know Cars?...name This Brand. / Can Someone Help With My Vin Number Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.