Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time (847 Views)

Persistent Corolla 2009 Hard Start Issue / NISSAN SUNNY 2010 Hard Start Issue / Long Crank Under Hot Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by CallmeAbbey: 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/Long Crank Time
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by Conner44: 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
CallmeAbbey:

What and what have you or your mechanic done to remedy the situation?
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by geezonaire1415(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
CallmeAbbey:

Buy original Iridium spark plug. Solved my colleague's own issue. Cost 9,500 each
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by OgaKazeem(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
geezonaire1415:

Buy original Iridium spark plug. Solved my colleague's own issue. Cost 9,500 each
this might have worked for you. doesn't mean it will work for him. before he takes that route I will suggest he scans the vehicle, let us see the error codes stored.
a faulty CAM/CRANKSHAFT position sensor could also show similar symptoms.
weak ignition spark caused by faulty coil or plugs could cause it.
weak fuel pump causing low fuel pressure could cause it.
in summary @OP, my advice is to diagnose the fault. Don't throw money at the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by aAK1(m): 5:43am On Mar 22, 2023
Conner44:

What and what have you or your mechanic done to remedy the situation?
scan car first! Easy fix that can get complex if you do guess work
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by Conner44: 5:59am On Mar 22, 2023
aAK1:
scan car first! Easy fix that can get complex if you do guess work

Exactly, the quick and easy fix is to replace spark plugs (as someone already mentioned above) but we all know that sometimes things are not always what they seem wink
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by aAK1(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2023
Conner44:

Exactly, the quick and easy fix is to replace spark plugs (as someone already mentioned above) but we all know that sometimes things are not always what they seem wink
even replacing sparks can become expensive if that’s not the problem.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by Conner44: 9:42am On Mar 22, 2023
aAK1:
even replacing sparks can become expensive if that’s not the problem.

It’s true sha grin but he can do this one very carefully with his mechanic and make sure the wires to coils don’t get cut and coils don’t get damaged.

If he first changes the plugs and the issue persists then he can always return the old ones back and get the scan. If he doesn’t own a scanner he will likely pay for the scan and I believe the fee to do that can almost purchase some good plugs for his engine.

If he hasn’t changed the plugs in years i think it’s time he did. With symptoms like his on that vehicle it’s likely plugs. . .

Or the immobilizer (green key flashing). . .

maybe fuel pump . . .

grin cheesy
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by femionasan(m): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2023
Conner44:

It’s true sha grin but he can do this one very carefully with his mechanic and make sure the wires to coils don’t get cut and coils don’t get damaged.

If he first changes the plugs and the issue persists then he can always return the old ones back and get the scan. If he doesn’t own a scanner he will likely pay for the scan and I believe the fee to do that can almost purchase some good plugs for his engine.

If he hasn’t changed the plugs in years i think it’s time he did. With symptoms like his on that vehicle it’s likely plugs. . .

Or the immobilizer (green key flashing). . .

maybe fuel pump . . .

grin cheesy

You see, trial and error already popping up. Scan your vehicle first before bringing out any spanner to loosen anything. Will save you a whole lot of stress.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by Conner44: 9:58am On Mar 22, 2023
femionasan:

You see, trial and error already popping up. Scan your vehicle first before bringing out any spanner to loosen anything. Will save you a whole lot of stress.

cheesy grin
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by Angrygoat: 11:47am On Mar 22, 2023
Change all your coils and spark plugs. U can hardy find original spark plugs for naija. All the ones sold are rebadged. They are all fake,when I mean fake ,they will serve u for sometime but your car will still backfire,hard starting, tc. buy from abroad,buy from ebay or amazon. Complete.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by geezonaire1415(m): 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2023
Scan the vehicle first as adviced. The pop up code will show you the root cause.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/long Crank Time by OgaKazeem(m): 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2023
femionasan:

exactly wetin we dey tell am to avoid. truth is we have fixed many by just replacing spark plugs but this was after we did proper diagnosis and narrowed down the problem area to be around the ignition system i.e coils or plugs.
if your part seller can give you quality plugs to test with, then that's all well and good.
But i wont advice throwing money/parts at a problem without proper diagnosis or at the least scanning the ECU.

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Car / Brake Problem On My 2003 Corolla / Camry Pencil Ac Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.