Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,345 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? (2312 Views)

My Journey So Far As A Keke Rider... / 7 Seater Keke Napep (tricycle) Designed In Nigeria / Keke Napep With Padlocked 3 Tyres, Causes A Stir In Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Hafeez5000: 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
I designed a keke napep I got a bank interested in buying 30 pieces but they want to see a prototype to know am capable of building it I know all the materials required to build it.i can build it.but I don't have funds to build it.i met a lot of rich people to invest or give me loan but they don't want to support me why is that? am tired and frustrated.

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:24pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nigerians na him you dey take play, once you bring an innovation, dem go clap for you. Na there e go end. grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Hafeez5000: 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
Nigerians na him you dey take play, once you bring an innovation, dem go clap for you. Na there e go end. grin

Is sad but is true thou cry
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by DispatcherLagos: 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2023
Design the engine first. Everybody can play around with autocad

24 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Hafeez5000: 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Am working on the engine design am almost done

1 Like

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by blackmantis: 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2023
Can you sell it?

A lot of people can cook fried rice better than chicken republic.......but very few can sell like them.

If you are good in selling .....people will buy even if you're selling trash.

13 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by DispatcherLagos: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hafeez5000:

Am working on the engine design am almost done
We're waiting to see what you can come up with

1 Like

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Tinubuadvocate: 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
cheesy can a dog inside a textbook bite?
DispatcherLagos:

3 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Hafeez5000: 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
blackmantis:
Can you sell it?

A lot of people can cook fried rice better than chicken republic.......but very few can sell like them.

If you are good in selling .....people will buy even if you're selling trash.

That's actually deep and informative.i don't think am good at selling it.do you have suggestions on how to sell it?
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by rickpat(m): 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2023
i designed a reservoir that had provision for fight fighters as well as serving the community...till today nobody send the design...fire fighters go dry run around with empty trucks...

NIGERIA na wa
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Hafeez5000: 9:50pm On Jan 12, 2023
rickpat:
i designed a reservoir that had provision for fight fighters as well as serving the community...till today nobody send the design...fire fighters go dry run around with empty trucks...

NIGERIA na wa

Wow that's cool if you don't mind can I see the design if that's okay with you.i understand you bro grin Nigeria na cruise
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by blackmantis: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hafeez5000:

That's actually deep and informative.i don't think am good at selling it.do you have suggestions on how to sell it?

Before embarking on production ask yourself a few questions.

Why would people prefer my keke model rather than existing models?

Is it going to be cheaper, more energy or fuel efficient with more mileage per gallon?

Can the materials used for the body work withstand the harsh terrain and weather we have?

Are spares going to be readily available?

Just a few questions to think about.

8 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by slimfit1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2023
You want advice design a cafe or delivery tricycle
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by rickpat(m): 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hafeez5000:

Wow that's cool if you don't mind can I see the design if that's okay with you.i understand you bro grin Nigeria na cruise
I don't have it anymore..it's been long...but I still have in my head...it's a simple reservoir design about 30-40m high..just that the discharge outlet will be located about 10m such that at all times the reservoir has water in that 10m line strictly for fire fighting purpose and gives room for proper sedimentation as well
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Hafeez5000: 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2023
blackmantis:

Before embarking on production ask yourself a few questions.

Why would people prefer my keke model rather than existing models?

Is it going to be cheaper, more energy or fuel efficient with more mileage per gallon?

Can the materials used for the body work withstand the harsh terrain and weather we have?

Are spares going to be readily available?

Just a few questions to think about.

Thanks bro that's actually a good advice I will think about it more.I really appreciate your effort smiley
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by nijalive: 10:07pm On Jan 12, 2023
Sook cause u draw keke for ontop system make dem pack money give u.

If i draw plane say i fit ask for money too

9 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Irupetepete: 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hafeez5000:
I designed a keke napep I got a bank interested in buying 30 pieces but they want to see a prototype to know am capable of building it I know all the materials required to build it.i can build it.but I don't have funds to build it.i met a lot of rich people to invest or give me loan but they don't want to support me why is that? am tired and frustrated.
bro, I have actually built a keke that is functional and like that of tvs or Bajaj.... There is nothing innovative or different from this prototype and what is in circulation....

What are you gonna do differently from what's in circulation?
Tell me then we can know how to proceed

1 Like

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Timagex(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2023
God, my helpers must not rest till they locate me o!

Thats the prayer point bro. Use bible references o.
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by RZArecta(m): 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2023
There's nothing groundbreaking in designing a keke. Why will your rich friends put money in your design when it'll be easier to go across town and buy ready made from TVS ? You'll still need an assembly plant that can churn out thousands of the required parts per day. You'll need to order mechanical parts from India or China, don't forget marketing etc. It takes a whole lot of money, these people aren't making such type of money like that in today's Nigeria and even if they are, they have to surely wait till a new government and hopefully, that one will be business friendly.

I'll suggest you apply for admission abroad focusing on vehicle designs, when you get the admission then you can do round your rich friends either for scholarships (which you can still apply for) of flight tickets. Then they'll want to help you because they've already seen you have an interest there. Bear in mind, kekes were a temporary measure by Buba Marwa as then Lagos military administrator to mitigate traffic problems in the state, it wasn't supposed to be permanent. Maybe you can design a hydrogen powered duopod vehicle for us when you get back

5 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Thermodynamics(m): 12:01am On Jan 13, 2023
Hafeez5000:

You tried but keke is something that already exists here in Nigeria, if you want to innovate something then be creative and innovative something new, not modifying something that already exists.

You just posted a modified picture of the average kekenape we see on a daily basis, nothing special.

4 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by gbengaeed(m): 12:38am On Jan 13, 2023
The bitter truth is that you are not inventing something new you are only recreating it, and so nothing special (business-wise) if you want investors to come in for mass production, you have to demonstrate the capacity to do so by producing at least 5 functioning one at a possible lower cost than the usual cost. If not an investor can easily go to the giant manufacturer that already has a wider market and invest in their business.

1 Like

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by sageb: 1:35am On Jan 13, 2023
Hafeez5000:

Nice craft/hand work, I pray you get the support you need. to develop.
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Alusiizizi(m): 1:37am On Jan 13, 2023
Hafeez5000:

Why is the front wheel supported with only one strut? You clearly don't understand much about engineering mechanics.

4 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Elokristi: 1:47am On Jan 13, 2023
Op you are just trying to reinvent the wheel,however, there is still room for improvement. Try something different instead of taking a coal to a new castle. Try bicycle modelling, bring new and exciting features to it and you will break new grounds, afterwards, gift me one because I am in dire of it , I don too trek go lectures grin
Good luck.
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by techWriter3: 2:10am On Jan 13, 2023
emblem the cylinder first
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by cobby14(m): 2:50am On Jan 13, 2023
Design alone is not enough, you need to start building a prototype.
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Wickedfact: 3:51am On Jan 13, 2023
During the tenure of the great thief known as Mr. Magnus Kpakol former Coordinator of National Poverty Eradication Program, he bought plenty of keke with your type of design at grossly inflated prices. They are all damaged today.

Design a rear compartment that you can attach to a delivery bike that allows it carry load as large as a freezer. Make it really nice with rear brake lights and all.
People will buy that and courier companies will patronise you instead of providing a redesigned keke.

1 Like

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by falcon01: 4:44am On Jan 13, 2023
Hafeez5000:
it's not just about the design you need to consider alot of factors for the design to work. Do a 3D design, design the Engine, Run it in a simulation calculate the Top speed , The balance e.t.c then you'll know if your design works. You can't just draw random vehicle and say I designed so so thing.

1 Like

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by 4ward4: 8:09am On Jan 13, 2023
falcon01:
it's not just about the design you need to consider alot of factors for the design to work. Do a 3D design, design the Engine, Run it in a simulation calculate the Top speed , The balance e.t.c then you'll know if your design works. You can't just draw random vehicle and say I designed so so thing.

Of course you aren’t expecting anything new, the engine and gear component’s will definitely be sourced from a third party from China. Even Innoson haven’t gotten to the stage of mounding it’s own Engine bloc

2 Likes

Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by ednut1(m): 11:38am On Jan 13, 2023
Offers limited protection for the passengers and driver as they can fall out. If your invention abi na modification going to be cheaper than what is obtainable now If it using solar , fuel or electricity
Re: I Designed A Keke Napep Why Is Nobody Supporting Me? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 13, 2023
slimfit1:
You want advice design a cafe or delivery tricycle
nice suggestion

(1) (2) (Reply)

2006 Corolla Vibrates / Is Auction Export Real? / 2021 Lexus LC500 For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.