Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

In Love? Confused? Depressed? Scared? Angry? Single? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Love? Confused? Depressed? Scared? Angry? Single? (482 Views)

Am Confused, Depressed & Fed Up. / Fine Boy Sexually Harassed By A Lady, Feels Depressed / Why Do Girls Get Angry About "Virginity" - My Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Love? Confused? Depressed? Scared? Angry? Single? by Irelokeh(m): 2:17am On Nov 17, 2017
Wow such an awkward title. Some will say...

Well, I have been on Quora for a while..having been in some relationship issues myself and from experiences and answers from others, I think a few tips/truths would help if I shared them.

1. There is no such thing as "fallen in love". That's infatuation...love is constantly built with time (bitter truth) and starts just after the usual "passion spark" between partners.

2. People usually say "don't love with all your heart else when you get hurt you will not survive" . This isn't true, what they needed to say was "Don't revolve your world around your partner, don't feel depressed if they don't call in a day or two, you should only feel concerned, feeling depressed means you're not sure about your relationship"

3. Giving too much attention/care in your relationship will kill the fire and it's natural that you would be taken for granted sooner, instead make sure you don't take your partner for granted, send surprise texts, calls and visits.

4. It's not all about you. In relationships we always expect to be shown affection, care, sacrifice and other stuff, but there are sometimes we don't need any of these for ourselves alone, if your partner needs to sleep after a long day, or needs to talk to old friends...let them know you're totally fine about that and would stick around just in case anything pops up"

5. Don't hold on to words, hold on to actions, one can easily say "I love you" without even feeling anything, words are really cheap and can be deceiving but action is not, if he/she says "I love you". Don't go about updating profile pictures and telling friends about it, make sure they've not only said it but have proven it severally.

6. Live your life, sometimes falling in love can be depressing especially when its one-sided. The solution to this is to hold your breathe for a while and remember that even according to chemistry, only you felt the pain. That means if you kill yourself over anyone, you just die alone and become a burden to those that truely love you. Live your life in full while you appreciate love, love isn't by force and is probably over rated, when the time is right..you will meet that one person you can relate with.

7. Love is not expensive, if you're in a relationship where you have to spend a lot to prove/verify your love..then get out quickly, that's more of an investment... True friendships are mostly based on helping each other, you should always try to take care of your partner but never make promises you can't fulfil or spend unnecessarily, make sure your partner deserves whatever you're giving.

8. Love isn't all about sex and romantic messages, while these things keep things exciting, they're most reasons today's relationships do not last, this is because most people often skip friendship part of dating in order to avoid being friend zoned...the best way to date is to think of your partner as both your friend and your love, This should come after the asking out/acceptance etc.

9. The fact that you're not in love does not mean you're not happy, you do not deserve a "hi, I'm single" trophy and "I'm free" award. Enjoy the freedom of being single but realize that dating the right person in life will grant you the greatest level of freedom you ever need.

10. Make sure you're not useless before you start dating, if you're probably a bully,addict or proud person, dating would just be a waste of time to you and a burden to your partner, make sure you fix your life first.

Thanks for reading guys, hope you learnt from this article.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Love? Confused? Depressed? Scared? Angry? Single? by zyzxx(m): 3:30am On Nov 17, 2017
You nail it
Re: In Love? Confused? Depressed? Scared? Angry? Single? by braivheart: 5:33am On Nov 17, 2017
Wise one

(1) (Reply)

A Man With A Tattoo Do Not Resuscitate. / How To Enlarge Your Joystick And Last Longer! / After Paying 20k For A Hotel Room And She Said She Z On Her Period,wot Wll I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.