Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo (3815 Views)

Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:12am On Nov 17, 2017
Lagos —Chairman of Northern Elders Forum, NEF,
Chief Paul Unongo, yesterday, paid glowing tribute to
one of Nigeria’s founding fathers and first president,
Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, describing him as Nigeria
personified.

He also berated Igbo for rejecting Azikiwe as
presidential candidate during the 1979 elections.
Speaking at a lecture organised by Chief Charles
Udeogaranya and Ohanaeze Ndigbo to mark Zik’s
post-humous 113rd birthday in Lagos, Unongo
said: “ I will talk Nigeria on Zik’s birthday. I
remember the first time I saw Zik, when he came to
Tiv land, it was in 1946. My father obliged me and
took me there. I remember, I had six shillings and I
was so moved, I donated the entire sum to his cause,
as espoused.

“His speeches influenced me so much that I used to
read his papers, particularly, The West African Pilot,
more than my school notes, and got caned regularly
for reading the “subversive” papers we were
forbidden to read by our expatriate British teachers.
While thanking Chief Guy Ikokwu for convincing the
principal organisers of the birthday celebration,
Udeogaranya and Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide, to
invite him, Unongo who perceives himself as “this
little son of Zik” praised the influence of Zik in the
promotion of national unity in Nigeria and the
galvanisation of African nationalism against
colonialism.

Unongo said: “Truthfully, the political history of
Nigeria is incomplete without acknowledging the
towering role of Zik in the political movements and
parties in colonial and post-colonial Nigeria, notably
the Nigerian Youth Movement, Zikist Movement,
National Council of Nigeria and Cameroons and
Nigeria Peoples Party, of which I had the privilege of
being its first secretary-general.

“We miss Zik today as we grapple with the
challenges of nation-building and the resurgence of
the national question. We miss Zik today, when we
need national bridge builders. This great man, Igbo-
speaking, who was born in Zungeru in Northern
Nigeria and made his most profound political mark in
Western Nigeria was a true Nigerian patriot, who
resided in Lagos.

“We miss Zik, the man of intellect, the man of
profound humour and creative deep thought. He was
innovative and big enough to compromise for the
good of his country and people, when the occasion
called for compromise.
“He touted the philosophy of pragmatic federalism
and Nigeria did not listen. They called him names
and ended up fighting a horrendous and most
destructive civil war.

“Currently, Nigeria is at it again, embroiled in various
agitations, including self-determination, restructuring,
referendum, quit notices, recall notices, resource
control, secession and federalism, among many other
issues.
“Debates in Nigeria, however, for now, have centered
principally on two concepts—restructuring and
federalism.”

Unongo praised Zik’s leadership qualities, which he
said convinced him to work for him.
“It was this conviction that made me take the Rt.
Hon. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe throughout the Federal
Republic of Nigeria canvasing for votes, to make him
the Executive President of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria in the elections of 1979. To my greatest
surprise and shock, I found the greatest resistance to
my presidential candidate in the Igbo speaking area
of Nigeria! The majority of Igbo people told me that
no Igbo man could become President!
Challenges credible Igbo to contest presidential
election
According to him, “those agitating for restructuring,
purely based on political and ethnic considerations
are averse to competition. Nigerians have competed
very well in the economic and academic spheres
regardless of location. They must not be afraid of
competing in the political sphere as well.

“Let a true, committed patriotic Nigerian Igbo person,
and there are many, stand now. Let him/her lobby,
campaign and canvass the votes of Nigerians and
ask Nigerians to vote him/her as President. I believe
the people of Nigeria, if convinced, will vote that Igbo
man or Igbo woman President of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/memorial-lecture-igbo-rejected-zik-president-unongo/
Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 17, 2017
another Igbo thread grin

1 Like

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2017
My takes and impressions:

1.Unongo loves nnamdi azikwe for selling Aba made jews and IPOB terrorists as slaves to Tafawa balewa in 1959 while hating Awolowo for being notorious with opposition to north/IPOB terrorists ...masters/slaves federal government.

2.Aba made jews and IPOB terrorists are committed to the slavery contract and abandon their own son nnamdi azikwe and betrayed their southern brother Awolowo to vote for shagari in 1979

3.In display of their commitment to the slavery,in shagari 2nd term,immediately Ojukwu returned from where he and his children ran away to he contested for ordinary senator under the same hausa fulani shagari party NPN in 1983.

4.In honour of the slavery contract,Our Aba made jews and IPOB terrorists failed to vote for the eze egwu eke of biafraland ojukwu to vote for northern party PDP in 2003

5.Now the first son of eze egwu eke of biafraland just betrayed his father and all the Aba made jews to join buhari party in honour of tafawa balewa/nnamdi azikwe slavery contract.

NNAMDI AZIKWE WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH UNONGO AND HIS IPOB TERRORIST CHILDREN IN HIS GRAVE cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by unohbethel(m): 7:22am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:
another Igbo thread grin
do u know:the only thing that unites some tiger Scratchd faced tribe is their hate against a tribe that God richly blessed with creativi ty..well i no call name

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by unohbethel(m): 7:24am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:
My take and impression:

1.Unongo loves nnamdi azikwe for selling Aba made jews and IPOB terrorists as slaves to Tafawa balewa in1959

2.Aba made jews and IPOB terrorists are committed to the slavery contract and abandon their own son nnamdi azikwe and betrayed their southern brother Awolowo to vote for shagari in 1979

3'
u opened this thread to bash igbos? dis early morning? seems like ur jobless

2 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 17, 2017
unohbethel:
do u know:the only thing that unites some tiger Scratchd faced tribe is their hate against a tribe that God richly blessed with creativi ty..well i no call name
Thats why some of us keep saying it loud: "Igbo amaka" grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:25am On Nov 17, 2017
unohbethel:
May be vanguard newspaper did sha!

3 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:
Thats why some of us keep saying it loud: "Igbo amaka" grin grin
whats the big deal,ehn,hausa fulani slave! grin

2 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by hisgrace090: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2017
May be zik alone before,Today Igbo's hate all their leaders put together.

Go through their comment online against their leaders and you will weep.

2 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:

whats the big deal,ehn,hausa fulani slave! grin
Take your herdsmen murderers back to sambisa

2 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2017
hisgrace090:
May be zik alone before,Today Igbo's hate all their leaders put together.

Go through their comment online against their leaders and you will weep.
But they like ojukwu and nnamdi kanu who ran away when they need them most cool

That of ojukwu is worst,you wasted 3000 000 people and ran away with your own children only to come back to lick shagari ass!

5 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:

Take your herdsmen murderers back to sambisa

Go and exhume nnamdi azikwe corpse and rebuke him for selling you guys as slaves to tafawa balewa first!

and ojukwu for running away grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:

Go and exhume nnamdi azikwe corpse and rebuke him for selling you guys as slaves to tafawa balewa first!

and ojukwu for running away grin
Shekau must be your relative

1 Like

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:

Shekau must be your relative
Tafawa balewa/azkiwe,his slave, will answer that better.

Goal post shifter,check the topic of the thread and comment accordingly cool

2 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:

Igbo amaka

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by unohbethel(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:

nonsense i will derail it d more..why is thiefnibu teeth be like khaki shirt?

1 Like

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:42am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:

Igbo amaka
why you dey run helter skelter posting pictures now grin
you want to derail the thread grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2017
unohbethel:
grin

3 Likes

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:

why you dey run helter skelter posting pictures now grin
Yes, it is true that "Ndi Igbo amaka" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2017
unohbethel:
the jagaban Tinubu grin grin

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by unohbethel(m): 7:47am On Nov 17, 2017

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:
grin grin grin grin
APC loves Tinubu

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by unohbethel(m): 7:50am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:

the jagaban Tinubu grin grin
yes i av put it into my head..hahahahathis meme weak me...whare i go faint oo...

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by lordkush: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:
My takes and impressions:

1.Unongo loves nnamdi azikwe for selling Aba made jews and IPOB terrorists as slaves to Tafawa balewa in1959

3.In display of their commitment to the slavery,in shagari 2nd term,immediately Ojukwu returned from where he and his children ran away to he contested for ordinary senator under the same hausa fulani shagari party NPN in 1983.

4.In honour of the slavery contract,Our Aba made jews and IPOB terrorists failed to vote for the eze egwu eke of biafraland ojukwu to vote for northern party PDP in 2003

5.Now the first son of eze egwu eke of biafraland just betrayed his father and all the Aba made jews to join buhari party in honour of tafawa balewa/nnamdi azikwe slavery contract.

NNAMDI AZIKWE WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH UNONGO AND HIS IPOB TERRORIST CHILDREN IN HIS GRAVE cool
now this is a pic of a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by PFRB: 7:56am On Nov 17, 2017
In 1979 NPP led by Zik won in Anambra, Imo and Plateau states. Sam Mbakwe was gov of Imo state, Jim Nwobodo was gov of Anambra state and Solomon Lar was gov of Plateau state. It appears dementia has set in on Paul Unongo. Even Paul Unongo was a minister from NPP due to the NPP,NPN alliance.
Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 17, 2017
lordkush:
now this is a pic of a terrorist
And terrorist pigs

cc Danladi7

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by lordkush: 8:10am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:
And terrorist pigs
cc Danladi7
lol this one is better sef

ama save it grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Gotze1: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2017
unohbethel:
And you are not ashamed of yourself that a jobful man like you replied a jobless man. Now tell me who is more jobless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2017
PFRB:
In 1979 NPP led by Zik won in Anambra, Imo and Plateau states. Sam Mbakwe was gov of Imo state, Jim Nwobodo was gov of Anambra state and Solomon Lar was gov of Plateau state. It appears dementia has set in on Paul Unongo. Even Paul Unongo was a minister from NPP due to the NPP,NPN alliance.

No ooooo

Unongo said Awolowo is the father of tribal politics and all IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews all celebrated unongo:

www.nairaland.com/3883403/nigerias-problems-started-awos-introduction

Unongo can never be wrong!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2017
Danladi7:

No ooooo

Unongo said Awolowo is the father of tribal politics and all IPOB terrorists and Aba made jews all celebrated unongo:

www.nairaland.com/3883403/nigerias-problems-started-awos-introduction

Unongo can never be wrong!
Agreed
Obey the elders

Re: Memorial Lecture: Igbo Rejected Zik As President — Unongo by Danladi7: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2017
zenmaster:
Agreed Obey the elders

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGP Idris "Transmission" Speech Now On Wikipedia. / Pic Of The Day: No Comment Needed / Nnamdi Kanu Blasted By His Followers For Lying To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.