Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made (30149 Views)

Which Food Do You Love To Eat,But Doesn't Agree With Your Body System? / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by InansBobo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
Local zobo, kunu aya, etc made by these locals in NIGER STATE. but they are nice when refrigerated sha

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by DEIFIED(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2018
I can't think of any.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Chidex2442(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
mine is noodles..... when I knew the seasoinig had large amount of monosodium glutamate. (MSG) A carcinogen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Ilajeboy(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

♤The diabolical shiii was what actually scared me embarassed

♤When i was in Lautech, I saw guys taking cars , bikes....going The distance just to buy this particular dish sad

Which guys, which lautech.... Where is this said *distance*

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by gentleguy1975: 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is ogiri

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by harriet412(f): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
Zobo
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Sunofgod(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kuli kuli
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by nazablossom(f): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
Davico:

Tell me that food that isn't prepared with bare hands in Africa grin
I wonder o grin Maybe we should start using magical powers to prepare food.

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by sacx: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
There was a day I went to buy suya, mhen you need to see the swarm of flies all over it, and it was not yet dusk. Was disgusted and walked away

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by uwajeh(m): 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
Me too...
I even heard there was something diabolic about the preparation , that after eating it you'll always want more and the rumor spread in our neighborhood.
By the next morning the whole neighborhood was waiting to confront taye the "elewa" and the poor lady was shouting " awa'n lo shoshi o"
That means you obviously don't eat shawarma again cos last time I checked they roll the bread with their bare hands.

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Realmo: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is red oil......

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Davico(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
nazablossom:
I wonder o grin Maybe we should start using magical powers to prepare food.
Even our plates and cutleries are washed with bare hands, we eat some of our food with bare hands too cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
uwajeh:

That means you obviously don't eat shawarma again cos last time I checked they roll the bread with their bare hands.
...and then they heat it up right or right ??
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
♤ Éwâ góiń

embarassed

Aww mine is suya but sometimes I just brave it and eat it but honestly it’s not healthy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
Davico:

Tell me that food that isn't prepared with bare hands in Africa grin
I meant when it's touched with bare hands at the last stage...without heating it up again

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kuli Kuli, saw a woman roll the kulis on her lap and since that day lord knows whenever I see them kulis...

10 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Makapounse(m): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chicken at Fast food. they use to buy sick n dead chickens in poultries..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by linearity: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
It's a snack from the northern part of Nigeria, and it's made with roasted maize and peanuts.
I was shocked and disgusted when I found out they roll it into little balls with their bare palms at the final stage.

lol!

You must be leaving, in the wrong country.

Is there any edible item prepared by private owned businesses in Nigeria not prepared by bare palms or hands?
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by 0monnak0da: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2018
jagugu88li:
Meat is not supposed to be washed sweety. That's the number 1 mistake blacks do. Anyway, all food products are exposed to all you've mentioned, even the high market goods too.

Food retail stores, markets, resturants you name it. If it is processed by someone else, do expect such. The mentality just decides to demolish those foods that are mostly popular to you.

Mariangeles come. Mine is rice and puff-puff

You need sense meat is not supposed to be washed ? According to the Quran , the Bible , or IFa/

Mistakes "blacks" do?

One day you will get sense.

Whether you wash meat or not is a question of culture and it is not for one culture to tell another what is "supposed" to be done.

WHY EXACTLY is meat not supposed to be washed?
You read it in a book?
BUT did you actually reason it out
What a stupid thing to say.

Even if meat is not supposed to be washed in Amsterdam must it apply in Abakaliki?

In the Tropical region we have all manner of bacteria and parasites that do not thrive in the temperate world and we cannot handle meat or food in the same way that they do.
In Nigeria we "warm" soup morning and night why?
That is not necessary in temperate places during their winters
Fela's song Colo mentality comes to mind here

The thing wey black no good na foreign things dem dey like

My sista follow follow make you follow with sense

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by 3verblazing(m): 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Fura de Nunu

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Fura de nunu... Arggghhhhhh!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by TissuePaper: 2:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
potbelly:
If you know how most food are preared, even the ones in restaurants and eatries, you wouldn't want to eat out again...

But the funny thing is our immune system has been able to handle it all along... In the end, na God just dey save person...
exactly

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by InansBobo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chidex2442:
mine is noodles..... when I knew the seasoinig had large amount of monosodium glutamate. (MSG) A carcinogen.
lecture me a bit about it plz

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by hustla(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chidex2442:

What does this MSG do?
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by DonBenny77(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Suya

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by DonBenny77(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kilinshi

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by deflover(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is ewedu
The yorubas wash their babies bumbum after poo
They won't wash their hand
They also use broom they used to wash their toilet to beat the ewedu
Since then I stopped eating it cry undecided undecided shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Amberon1: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chicken nuggets
All bear Sausages
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by hustla(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
deflover:
Mine is ewedu
The yorubas wash their babies bumbum after poo
They won't wash their hand
They also use broom they used to wash their toilet to beat the ewedu
Since then I stopped eating it cry undecided undecided shocked shocked

You're so incredibly stupid it's amazing.. Almost like you have a passion for being mentally deficient

I think it runs in the family

31 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by dazzlingd(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ama80:
Suya and kilishi,it goes thru unhygienic process frm d meat not being washed to being exposed to flies to d spit d abokis lace it wt when they r slicing it.then d kilishi own is legendary,sundrying it is next to eating flies themselves.spits

Thank you for running kilishi for me... As from this hour, kilish, never again

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by technicallyrich(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
No offense but any food a oyuruba woman prepare is a no no.
They fart too much and they always wash their pusy and anus and use the water to cook especially stew.
If you are dating them and eat their food,you will never want to leave them again.
I m not liaring,ask peter and his evening news paper.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mcreloaded(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
Dawanke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Pepper I Got For 1000 Naira / Ideal Lunch Package For Kids / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.