Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made (30167 Views)

Which Food Do You Love To Eat,But Doesn't Agree With Your Body System? / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Crixina(f): 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
Some kinds of bread.

I would also say Fura di Nunu...but I'm sure I will still do longer throat.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by konfused: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is noddles, after reading about how it is produced, the deep frying and all that goes into the production, I stopped eating noddles.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by AreaFada2: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2018
whirlwind7:

Oh, I see.

I think the important thing is their hands are kept clean during the process.

I wonder o. Ask him if they should use their bare feet instead. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lots of pastries and other food are prepared wit bare hands.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by ikorodureporta: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
It's a snack from the northern part of Nigeria, and it's made with roasted maize and peanuts.
I was shocked and disgusted when I found out they roll it into little balls with their bare palms at the final stage.
I even hear say dem dey spit put to smoothen that balls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by delivryboy: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
It's a snack from the northern part of Nigeria, and it's made with roasted maize and peanuts.
I was shocked and disgusted when I found out they roll it into little balls with their bare palms at the final stage.
Once I came to school (primary school) really early and saw the old Hausa woman who sells Donkwa was molding the ball of donkwa in her palm and spitting saliva lightly on it to give it a perfect round shape. I was disgusted for years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by prince049(m): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
RoyalBlak007:

♤The diabolical shiii was what actually scared me embarassed

♤When i was in Lautech, I saw guys taking cars , bikes....going The distance just to buy this particular dish sad
What diabolical stuff pls....tell me.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by ikbnice(m): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
Tuwo (rice ball). Moulded with bare hands and even picked when to be served with bare hands too. Tuwo just flew out of my mind the day I discovered.
Without sounding offensive, most northerners foods are prepared unhygienically.

5 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by ikorodureporta: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
D way different ppl caress roasted corn made me to stop buying it...

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by remsonik(f): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is pizza, I was in domino's pizza and the guy was using his hand to roll the dough. He was heavily sweating, the sweat was dropping into the dough. After rolling and making it flat, he threw it up, passed to the next person and the process continued. While throwing some up, some fell to the floor and he picked up and continues his job.

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Peculiarchisom(f): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
Hahahaha... grin. U don chop b say u Don chop am cry

3 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Peculiarchisom(f): 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
ikorodureporta:
D way different ppl caress roasted corn made me to stop buying it...
Hahahaha grin... I feel ur pain undecided

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by EpicMaurice(m): 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
I've seen pics of the unhygenic conditions under which suya is mad, I still buy suya all the time

one teacher in secondary school told us of how bakers working in local bakeries spend days at the bakery without going home to take their baths and as they work near the heat from the oven, they will be wiping off their sweat with the backs of their palms and it'll be entering the bread. He described it in such a way it would make any normal person hate bread.
But me, I still eat bread everyday.

There's nothing in a way food is prepared that will make me hate food.
I'm a food lover and I believe I can't die from the food I eat cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by chosenwan1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
funny, is it that why you stopped? There are various foods prepared like that tho
Mariangeles:
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
Me too...
I even heard there was something diabolic about the preparation , that after eating it you'll always want more and the rumor spread in our neighborhood.
By the next morning the whole neighborhood was waiting to confront taye the "elewa" and the poor lady was shouting " awa'n lo shoshi o"
. Fear Egun people, I eat this Ewa agoyin stuff a lot, not until one day I asked a lady who usually sell it around our hood to give me the description on how to get to their place because she don't usually come on time, she did, low and behold when I asked people around that I am looking for the beans sellers house, they directed me to the compound, the moment I put my head in the compound, I saw a very big deity there saw people carry on one sacrifice or the other there, a young man asked me who am I looking for, I told him that I am sorry, that I am looking for our beans seller, he now said OK. pointing at where they were preparing the beans I saw them, immediately I started speaking in tongue. Since then till now, noting concern me with Ewaagonyin again ooooo. Na so God take delivered me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by chosenwan1(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
"d spit d abokis lace it wt" must be part of the recipe too grin
Ama80:
Suya and kilishi,it goes thru unhygienic process frm d meat not being washed to being exposed to flies to d spit d abokis lace it wt when they r slicing it.then d kilishi own is legendary,sundrying it is next to eating flies themselves.spits

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by FODA(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
uuzba:

Don't add the seasoning.
So what is your next problem? Let's solve it.
even the flour have alkaline and different stuffs when mix to form noodles .
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by chosenwan1(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Just you and your generalizations, we can say same for westerners and easterners too
ikbnice:
Tuwo (rice ball). Moulded with bare hands and even picked when to be served with bare hands too. Tuwo just flew out of my mind the day I discovered.
Without sounding offensive, most northerners foods are prepared unhygienically.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by GlobalGisting(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
whirlwind7:

Oh, I see.

I think the important thing is their hands are kept clean during the process.

Heard some spit on their palm instead of using water to mold it smooth. #anyama

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by nazablossom(f): 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
Davico:

Even our plates and cutleries are washed with bare hands, we eat some of our food with bare hands too cheesy cheesy cheesy
True talk cheesy
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by vivie01(f): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2018
Onisokuso1:
Mine is kulikuli akomo lole angry abokis rub it on their laps angry ahh mo ti jejekuje seyin abajo ti Mary ma n yaso prapapa ninu kilasi undecided
You are not serious. You are indeed onisokuso1. grin grin
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by henryadex(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
mine is kulikuli that cake made with ground nut that you love with drinking gari I love it so much when I was in school but when I traveled to the north I was happy I'll eat a hell out of it, one evening on my arrival I was strolling down the street I now saw how it is made, very dirty people chewing kola with very dirty teeth and smiling hysterically on the lump I then vowed not to eat Hausa kulikuli again

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mysticluv(f): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
Kwili-kwili grin grin grin
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by mslilybeth(f): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
Mine is donkwa.
God bless you, you took it out of my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by vivie01(f): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mariangeles:
Me too...
I even heard there was something diabolic about the preparation , that after eating it you'll always want more and the rumor spread in our neighborhood.
By the next morning the whole neighborhood was waiting to confront taye the "elewa" and the poor lady was shouting " awa'n lo shoshi o"
Lol @ awa'n lo shoshi. grin
Does it mean all those selling it are diabolitical? I dont believe this.
Though I dont eat it but I think craving for it has got to do with the special way they fry the sauce and the fact that beans taking with bread generally belle-full people, men mostly, so they prefer to eat it and keep drinking water on top of it for the good part of the day. smiley

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Gallantchrist(m): 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
sod09:
Chicken they drink gutter water embarassed embarassed

Lwkmd.....because they drinks gutter water eh
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Ama80(f): 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2018
dominique:

You just ruined kilishi for me forever sad
if I snap d process and show u,u might not be happy wit urself for ever eating it.I spit again.d sundrying is done in an unhygienic public place with Millions of flies feasting on them not talking about d almajiris dat do surround the mallams begging to b fed frm d remnants.it's a no no pls

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Ama80(f): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2018
chosenwan1:
"d spit d abokis lace it wt" must be part of the recipe too grin
Abi?and pls those eating intestines suya,how do u cope wit urselves knowing how difficult it is to wash off poo frm them.d towels, roundabouts,etc are d storehouse fr cow poops,do u pple expect mallams to take their time to wash them thoroughly prolly wit salt grin

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by jaymichael(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
Chidex2442:
mine is noodles..... when I knew the seasoinig had large amount of monosodium glutamate. (MSG) A carcinogen.
MSG isn't carcinogen. If you want to stop eating MSG, you should stop eating altogether because even the cube seasonings like Maggi, Royco, Doyin etc has contain MSG. All fast-food restaurants KFC, mr Biggs, Sweet sensation all use MSG. Even Gala and other packaged snacks contain MSG. MSG has it's origin in Asia and that is what the Asians still use till today and they live longer than even we Africans sef. Growing up, MSG was what my mother used in cooking. We later stopped but myself and my wife later went back to using it when I stopped believing those MSG myths and when I found out that the other alternatives contain MSG. What surprised me most was one day when I bought a bucket of chicken and some chips from KFC and MSG was listed as one of their ingredients and if you are averse to it's consumption, you should eat the chicken. (though that part was written in fine prints)

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Babaken(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Mine is ICE KENKE.
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by bolseas(f): 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nkwobi. When I heard it's made from goat, I stopped eating it. I dont like goat meat, birds I. E. Turkey, chicken etc, cat fish
Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Leesah(f): 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ama80:
if I snap d process and show u,u might not be happy wit urself for ever eating it.I spit again.d sundrying is done in an unhygienic public place with Millions of flies feasting on them not talking about d almajiris dat do surround the mallams begging to b fed frm d remnants.it's a no no pls
I think everything depends on where you are buying it. Where I stay, there's a suya, kilishi and danbunama spot and they are neat. If you see how They prepare it, you'd love to eat kilishi again. Besides when you are buying from road side Aboki who knows nothing about hygiene, what do you expect? Most of them care less about what they sell because people still patronize them. Suya is even better sef because the heat from the fire can kill germs. My love for fura de Nunu died when I saw the process. The boy was using his mouth to draw milk from the cow's breast and then pour into the selling bowl. Since then I preferred Habib fura de Nunu. I am taking Habib because I haven't seen the process too and I just hope it's not like the way I saw the other boy processing it... Like someone said, Na God dey save us o.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Love To Eat But Can't Anymore Since You Found Out How They're Made by Mariangeles(f): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2018
ikorodureporta:

I even hear say dem dey spit put to smoothen that balls
Na so I hear too o...I'm like WTH ! angry
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Pepper I Got For 1000 Naira / Ideal Lunch Package For Kids / My Making Of Moi Moi With Leaf And Also Bake Moi Moi With Oven (pix&video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.