Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (73180 Views)

Drama As SSS 3 Student Proposes To His English Teacher In Lagos / Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking / N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by mechanics(m): 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
nittroboy:
cheesy
hahahaha.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
CharleyBright:
Successive Nigerian Military governments headed by Northerners deliberately created structures to promote, protect and enshrine their Northern interests. They deliberately enshrined the Federal Character in our constitution which has permeated and bastardized the educational system in Nigeria. An average northern youth believes strongly in the Federal character as a guarantee to secure a placement in federal schools and employment in Federal establishment irrespective of his educational inadequacy as compared to his southern counterpart.
A system so flawed by admitting a dullard who scored less than 15% in an exams ( and who can't even spell or write his name correctly) into a Federal school should expect to churn out Students and Teachers who knows next to Nothing.
Little wonder El Rufai is bent on sacking over 22,000 teachers who couldn't even pass a pry 4 exams.
The backward North has always been a draw back to the contraption called Nigeria.
Same reason they told the Colonial Masters they weren't ready for Independence in 1957 and inevitably condemned us all to additional 3yrs of colonial rule.

Can you give us instances where such people who can't write their names were admitted to federal schools?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by mechanics(m): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2017
wahala dey o.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Barthley: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
Deo1986:
I can bet my 30,000naira that 90 percent of nairalanders bashing these teacher will not get a hundred percent score in a primary 4 exam!! We all need to understand that the north uses hausa as their lingua franca in their daily activities and this usually makes it difficult for them to interprets communication in English unlike most of you who claim you are civilized by dumping your native languages, bearing silly foreign names and adopting everything western. I am proud of the hausa man he is proud of his origin and you know what? The westerners prefers them to you anyday any time.
you for kuku type it in your native language naw.. Finding an excuse .
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Ubiquity: 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
EdCure:

Did you miss the point, or you're just being deliberately diversional?
The idiot is a teacher!
No offense please but u think you should go over his comment again, it likely you don't comprehend in toto.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Ubiquity: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2017
Barthley:
you for kuku type it in your native language naw.. Finding an excuse .
You can drive home your point without been ethnocentric or using words that are likely to sow discord... We are all 1 or should I say we are supposed to be 1.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by EdCure: 10:59pm On Nov 17, 2017
omoelerin1:
Are things working in your state which is under the Christian cloak of truth? Mumu.

My Christian state has been making the top 5 list in WAEC and NECO rankings in successive years.
The same cannot be said about your state that is infested with educationally handicapped moslem subhumans.
Gambari slave!

3 Likes

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by UncleSnr(m): 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2017
Mockaroo:
must we blame to find a solution?
If you don't know where the rain started to beat you, you can't know where you dried.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2017
sexybbstar:
I believe these teachers are brilliant but they find it hard to express themselves in English language. Maybe vernacular should be adopted. No be by force to teach with English language... Most of them have good things to offer but to express themselves is the main issue.
This is the only sensible comment on this thread. Many are just saying all sorts of rubbish here.

It is unfortunate that Nigeria has to adopt English as a language of education and that is what draws us back in the area of technological advancement.
They don't speak English in China, Japan, Korea, etc. If you want to study in Russia, They will teach you Russian language first for 12 months before you begin your course. It is compulsory. The same thing happens in other non English speaking countries.
Majority of medical doctors in India cannot speak English. This is country where Nigerians go for medical treatment.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Referendum50(f): 11:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
JayCynic:
Dullards with a difference. Im only pitying the young students. When a dullard teaches a dullard, and one of the dullards eventually become a President. What do you think the Country will be like. What even baffles me the most is that the same fools saying that Western Education is forbidden are using the knowlege of western education to make bombs.

We need to confirm Prophet Mohammed's WAEC Certificate, maybe he had parallel F9s
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
EdCure:

My Christian state has been making the top 5 list in WAEC and NECO rankings in successive years.
The same cannot be said about your state that is infested with educationally handicapped moslem subhumans.
Gambari slave!
I see how comfortable you are in your state. With that, your people are still coming to our state on daily basis like refugees looking for greener pastures.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
dainformant:
why dont you type this is ur native language instead of English
See how you wrote your English. Is it not better for your to write your native language?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2017
peteromenihu:
For them BOOK is HARAM.
English language is now become book,?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
piagetskinner:
lol...the guy is a "motherer"..

I begin to even question the credibility of universities and other higher institutions of learning up north...

those guys graduating with 2.1 and 1st class in UDU or BUk will not survive 2.2 in UI
See your life outside. I think the university where you graduated has to be sanctioned, before you start questioning the credibility of those up north.
You can't even write 'murderer' correctly.
Shame on you.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
IYANGBALI:
After corruption north is another major problem of Nigeria
Nonsense
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
misano:

This one confirmed Boko Haram... With their comment U shall know them
That is the sensible and reality, if you don't know.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by davillian(m): 11:54pm On Nov 17, 2017
And this one might become a senator one day.
We have suffered.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by davillian(m): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
ACE1010:

What do they know apart from killing and bombing grin grin grin
They know they are born to RULE us.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Ohcanada(m): 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
NCAN where una dey?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by omoelerin1: 11:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
CharleyBright:

Jeez, I can't believe this arrant myopic thinking.
You call someone who can't express himself in English brilliant? Isn't English the dominant language in Nigeria?
And you even shamelessly suggested that vernacular should be adopted.
Whoever spent money to send you anywhere close to the 4 walls of a school made a mistake and wasted his resources.
You are a monumental apology!!!
You have a lot of problems. You did go to school but you are not educated. You had better go and read book.
Once someone cannot express himself in English, he is not brilliant? definitely, your grandfather and possibly, your father are dullard.
Majority of professionals in China, Japan, Germany, Italy, Russia, Belgium, Korea, Spain, Brazil, and so on and so forth who cannot speak English are monumental waste
You are a slowpoke.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 18, 2017
I WEEP FOR THE FUTURE OF NIGERIA.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:05am On Nov 18, 2017
quiverfull:
The fundamental misjudgment we've made as a country is to assume everyone is cut out for the formal education. Some of these peeps up north will do well as semi skilled artisans.
And the North needs not compete with the South by forcing their people to be educated; they should concentrate on their strength and focus on agriculture.

The fundammental mistake you and many like you are making is to believe formal education must happen in English
We need to rethink that.
Ask anyone who lives in Belgium
in Wales ,in Quebec. etc

Why can't they be educated in Hausa.
Like I always repeat .Whatever the languagewhen the go to market they know he correct change
https://qz.com/355444/tanzania-dumps-english-as-its-official-language-in-schools-opts-for-kiswahili/

Many of us who claim to be educated cannot THINK

Thinking means challenging orthodoxy and challenging ourselves.

Please tell me why we cannot have the entire curriculum in Hausa Language

WHY NOT?

Are we to believe that evaporation, germ theory of disease, epproduction,combustion etc cannot be taught in Hausa?

There is no developed country in the world that educates its people in a language that is not native to them,

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Macmoni(m): 12:14am On Nov 18, 2017
EdCure:
I keep saying this: the south is a hundred years ahead of the north.
u sound nut
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:18am On Nov 18, 2017
EdCure:
If only you know how backward you are in reasoning

You are ignorant and enslaved and you have no one to tell you but you believe you are enlightened.

How many problems do you have?

You consider mastery of another person's language and ignorance of yours as advancement?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:20am On Nov 18, 2017
dainformant:
This shows that the education system in the country needs total over-haul... Imagine teachers who are to impact knowledge into students can't even express themselves in English especially on social media platform. While Nigerians are still recovering from the situation in Kaduna were many teachers were sacked after failing basic competency tests, a teacher in Sokoto state is in the limelight after "releasing a banger" on Facebook. See below;

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/teacher-from-sokoto-shocking-posts-on-facebook.html

How about you show us a teacher from Newcastle and his Hausa?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 12:20am On Nov 18, 2017
EdCure:

the only clear thing here is that el rufai has courage that most governors do not have.

the same mess happened in edo.

do not think for one moment that teachers in any state schools are better than this fellow.

or have you forgotten our patience johnathan of multiple degrees? is she any better than this teacher?

2 Likes

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by mmsen: 2:34am On Nov 18, 2017
quiverfull:
The fundamental misjudgment we've made as a country is to assume everyone is cut out for the formal education. Some of these peeps up north will do well as semi skilled artisans.
And the North needs not compete with the South by forcing their people to be educated; they should concentrate on their strength and focus on agriculture.

Agriculture in the 21st century is dependent upon technology.

They would need a basic education to use such.

It appears that they aren't even getting that much.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by seguno2: 3:07am On Nov 18, 2017
quiverfull:

Is that why a NEPA certificate President is boss to a law professor Vice President?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 18, 2017
CharleyBright:

Jeez, I can't believe this arrant myopic thinking.
You call someone who can't express himself in English brilliant? Isn't English the dominant language in Nigeria?
And you even shamelessly suggested that vernacular should be adopted.
Whoever spent money to send you anywhere close to the 4 walls of a school made a mistake and wasted his resources.
You are a monumental apology!!!
Can you please tell me why you are ranting?.. You are entitled to your opinion and so am I! No one even cares about our opinions, so why sweating over it? Check out this person's quote and see the sense in it.

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by AreaFada2: 4:01am On Nov 18, 2017
sexybbstar:
I believe these teachers are brilliant but they find it hard to express themselves in English language. Maybe vernacular should be adopted. No be by force to teach with English language... Most of them have good things to offer but to express themselves is the main issue.

Tor! You just mentioned what many refuse to see. No matter how we take it, English is till a borrowed/second language. You realize that when you go to USA/UK/Canada, etc.

If we had a proper regional system, we could use one regional language each alongside English in formal education.

That way the problem of comprehension & pronunciation of English many face would not hinder their ability to be effective in their job.

A journalist wrote something similar years ago. He witnessed a SW teacher struggle to explain her subject to her students in English. After the lesson, he was discussing with the teacher in Yoruba language. He said he was amazed how fluent and articulate she was in Yoruba. His conclusion was that the teacher would have been a far better teacher if the language of instruction was Yoruba.

It is the same across Nigeria. Maybe just a bit more in the North because of the dominance of Hausa in daily life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by exclusivejayce(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2017
hisgrace090:

No, formal education is never the yardstick to measure success.
Oya what? tell me. Radarada.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 18, 2017
AreaFada2:

Tor! You just mentioned what many refuse to see. No matter how take it, English is till a borrowed/second language. You realize that when you go to USA/UK/Canada, etc.

If we had a proper regional system, we could use one regional language each alongside English in formal education.

That way the problem of comprehension & pronunciation of English many face would not hinder their ability to be effective in their job.

A journalist wrote something similar years ago. He witnessed a SW teacher struggle to explain her subject to her students in English. After the lesson, he was discussing with the teacher in Yoruba language. He said he was amazed how fluent and articulate she was in Yoruba. His conclusion was that the teacher would have been a far better teacher if the language of instruction was Yoruba.

It is the same across Nigeria. Maybe just a bit more in the North because of the dominance of Hausa in daily life.

Why is English so hard for an average Northerner to speak and write, even the educated ones? After spending years studying a language one is expected to have a good command of it or should we conclude that you people are not just intelligent enough. For example, if the same group of people were exposed to another intellectual language e.g. German, they will still find it difficult to grasp. In conclusion, it seems like the intelligence quotient of an average Northerner is low.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into / Project Materials And Topics Alternative For All Dept / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.