Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (73168 Views)

Drama As SSS 3 Student Proposes To His English Teacher In Lagos / Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking / N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
nduchucks:

You can redeem yourself by apologizing for your tribalistic and racist post and engage me properly. I'm sure you are capable of being gracious enough to admit that your racist, tribalistic, and prejudicial post was unwarranted.

Let's see how mature you are.

I'm an equal opportunity offender. I'm Igbo and I've vilified Igbos more than any other group here by far as anyone familiar with my posting history knows and many of them always call me "afonjs". So I'm curious to know what is "racist" about anything I've said about the North. Pointing out their shortcomings in education and human capacity development is "racist"?

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by nduchucks: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I'm an equal opportunity offender. I'm Igbo and I've vilified Igbos more than any other group here by far as anyone familiar with my posting history knows and many of them always call me "afonjs". So I'm curious to know what is "racist" about anything I've said about the North. Pointing out their shortcomings in education and human capacity development is "racist"?

Why don't you just accept that your generalizations are racist and tribalistic? When you judge an entire race or Northerners, as you called them, that goes well beyond pointing out shortcomings. If you had narrowly defined the group you are referring to, rather than vilifying an entire region, you may have a point.

For now, you owe the Northerners who do not fall into your myopic definition, an apology. Be a big man and offer it. It will not hurt you.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
sexybbstar:
I believe these teachers are brilliant but they find it hard to express themselves in English language. Maybe vernacular should be adopted. No be by force to teach with English language... Most of them have good things to offer but to express themselves is the main issue.
most of them have good things to offer in which subject areas? physics, chemistry, social studies? which subject area do u honestly think they have anything to offer?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You must have serious comprehension problems. Adapting our languages for educational instruction is something anyone will fully support and I have no problem with that and stated so. I'm referring to the current status of our native languages which cannot perform such a function. Hence, the current importance of English as the language of instruction and hence the absurdity of employing teachers who are incompetent in basic English.
Rubbish. What is "Native" about our language what a stupid thing to say.
Why not find out what has happened elsewhere instead of granstanding self indulgently.
The entire bible was translated into many Nigerian languages without "adapting" them. What is "adapting"? please stop talking nonsense and educate yourself about what has happened with Welsh ,With Hindi,With Maori with Kiwswahili and so on.

On this thread we are referring to the Hausa language which is good and ready to go once a decision is made.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

Rubbish. What is "Native" about our language what a stupid thing to say.
Why not find out what has happened elsewhere instead of granstanding self indulgently.
The entire bible was translated into many Nigerian languages without "adapting" them. What is "adapting"? please stop talking nonsense and educate yourself about what has happened with Welsh ,With Hindi,With Maori with Kiwswahili and so on.

On this thread we are referring to the Hausa language which is good and ready to go once a decision is made.

Said without a shred of self-awareness. Grandstanding without any substance is exactly what you're doing here. You jumped in here deluding yourself you're making some elusive point and misinterpreting simple comments.
Let me repeat it again hoping it will percolate through this time: I have zero problems with using our languages for instruction. Zero. None. Nada. Zilch. But until we develop such a curriculum, it's absolutely daft to be spewing some warped Afrocentrist, delusional, bullshiiit rationalizations in defence of those who cannot properly and articulately communicate in our official language of learning, English.

And no, neither Hausa nor any of the other Nigerian languages are not "ready to go". Nevermind advanced University work, if I asked the average Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba man on the street to define Newton's first law of motion (SS1 work) which they know in English, the majority will be stuttering incoherent crap. There will have to be wide consultations and conferences by linguists to standardize the lexicon and basically bring the languages up to date with what is expected in a formal learning setting.

2 Likes

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Said without a shred of self-awareness. Grandstanding without any substance is exactly what you're doing here. You jumped in here deluding yourself you're making some elusive point and misinterpreting simple comments.
Let me repeat it again hoping it will percolate through this time: I have zero problems with using our languages for instruction. Zero. None. Nada. Zilch. But until we develop such a curriculum, it's absolutely daft to be spewing some warped Afrocentrist, delusional, bullshiiit rationalizations in defence of those who cannot properly and articulately communicate in our official language of learning, English.

And no, neither Hausa nor any of the other Nigerian languages are not "ready to go". Nevermind advanced University work, if I asked the average Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba man on the street to define Newton's first law of motion (SS1 work) which they know in English, the majority will be stuttering incoherent crap. There will have to be wide consultations and conferences by linguists to standardize the lexicon and basically bring the languages up to date with what is expected in a formal learning setting.
In your head you are smart ?
If you ask the average Human being on earth in any language about Newton's law of motion they will not know
That is not relevant to the point being made
Newton, by the way, did not write in his native English. He wrote mainly in Greek and Latin. His signature work
Principia Mathematica was in Latin

This and many other facts elude you because you have no clue about what is involved but feel driven to talk when in reality you are vacant and vacuous

There is nothing so special about English that our own languages lack.
You really are out of your depth here. Breezy brainless bombast is a shabby ersatz for anything of substance.
Our languages are more than ready to go.

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

In your head you are smart ?
If you ask the average Human being on earth in any language about Newton's law of motion they will not know
That is not relevant to the point being made
I was implying the average Nigeria who can express it in English cannot do so in their mother tongue. Because, representing simple SS1 level science concepts like inertia, force, momentum, vectorial representations etc in their mother-tongue would be highly tasking. But nice worthless try at a diversion.

Newton, by the way, did not write in his native English. He wrote mainly in Greek and Latin. His signature work
Principia Mathematica was in Latin

This and many other facts elude you because you have no clue about what is involved but feel driven to talk when in reality you are vacant and vacuous
A completely irrelevant point to anything I stated. Your train of though is all over the place. grin

There is nothing so special about English that our own languages lack.
You really are out of your depth here. Breezy brainless bombast is a shabby ersatz for anything of substance.
Our languages are more than ready to go.

Other than a vastly smaller lexicon which makes the expression of several concepts in a formal learning setting highly tasking.
When you spend half your comments insulting my intelligence, all you do is expose your intellectual insecurities. Such a phony bum and charlatan. grin

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I was implying the average Nigeria who can express it in English cannot do so in their mother tongue. Because, representing simple SS1 level science concepts like inertia, force, momentum, vectorial representations etc in their mother-tongue would be highly tasking. But nice worthless try at a diversion.

A completely irrelevant point to anything I stated. Your train of though is all over the place. grin

Other than a vastly smaller lexicon which makes the expression of several concepts in a formal learning setting highly tasking.
When you spend half your comments insulting my intelligence, all you do is expose your intellectual insecurities. Such a phony bum and charlatan. grin

Everything you are saying is just verbigeration.
If you want to say something say it don't "imply" it.
You failed woefully to communicate anything of moment coherently.
You cannot even use the English language properly and are clueless about prosody.
The issue here is not complex or complicated at all.We are good and ready to start educating our children in their own language.
Those who slavishly,like you insist that there will never be a good time are mistaken. Your understanding of English is average,if that.Your laboured overcompensation is truly amusing. "phony bum" . Please keep it real and natural.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by emijo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
That part of the world Na champion � for illiteracy.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

Everything you are saying is just verbigeration.
If you want to say soething say it don't "imply" it. You failed woefully to communicate anything of moment coherently.
You cannot even use the English language properly and are clueless about prosody.
The issue here is not complex or complicated at all.We are good and ready to start educating our children in their own language.
Those who slavishly,like you insist that there will never be a good time are mistaken. Your understanding of English is average,if that.Your labouured overcompensation is truly amusing. "phony bum" . Please keep it real and natural.

More projections of your worthless intellectual esteem. The bolded is the funniest projection of all. Anyone reading both our comments can see who the "overcompensating" cretin is, trotting out inapt, gratuitous verbiage about "verbigeration" and "prosody" and constantly insulting and belittling the other's intelligence. As I said, a totally phony charlatan.

Those who slavishly,like you insist that there will never be a good time are mistaken.

Are you being deliberately obtuse as a provocation or are you actually this witless? When did I ever utter anything like the nonsensical twaddle you just claimed above?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

More projections of your worthless intellectual esteem. The bolded is the funniest projection of all. Anyone reading both our comments can see who the "overcompensating" cretin is, trotting out inapt, gratuitous verbiage about "verbigeration" and "prosody" and constantly insulting and belittling the other's intelligence. As I said, a totally phony charlatan.

Are you being deliberately obtuse as a provocation or are you actually this witless? When did I ever utter anything like the nonsensical twaddle you just claimed above?
Our language is good enough for use in educating our children.

I would expect YOU to celebrate such a development since your English is weak....

It is "emboldened" ,by the way, not "bolded" that is a solecism one that a native speaker of English at junior secondary level won't make.It goes to make the case for education in our own language grin
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

Our language is good enough for use in educating our children.

I would expect YOU to celebrate such a development since your English is weak....

It is "emboldened" ,by the way, not "bolded" that is a solecism

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bold
On the contrary, Mr Charlatan, the word "bolded" is perfectly acceptable in urban English usage as a verb in a world of "Face-Timed" or "Whatsapped". English being the wonderfully dynamic language it is, it's very easy to verb a noun in regular colloquial speech. Do some research next time before embarrassing yourself trying to be a smart-arse.
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bold
On the contrary, Mr Charlatan, the word "bolded" is perfectly acceptable in urban English usage as a verb in a world of "Face-Timed" or "Whatsapped". English being the wonderfully dynamic language it is, it's very easy to verb a noun in regular colloquial speech. Do some research next time before embarrassing yourself trying to be a smart-arse.
So it is Whatsapp Engliish? I see
Bold is a noun in your sentence?
"verb a noun" how does one do that as in "Idioted"
OK

But Yoruba and Hausa are not wonderfully dynamic?
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
d guy used hausa to spell it...if u notice all dis hausas including my healthy president buhari they always pronounce p as f i dont know whatz wrong with their tongue
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
The fact remains we are better off in OUR OWN language
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:
d guy used hausa to spell it...if u notice all dis hausas including my healthy president buhari they always pronounce p as f i dont know whatz wrong with their tongue

And Igbos that say Dilector or Calabar that say Yunction or Yoruba that say Shiar? Or Ijaw that say Zump into the water
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

And Igbos that say Dilector or Calabar that say Yunction or Yoruba that say Shiar? Or Ijaw that say Zump into the water
all tribes have problem with d lanuage
why?
it is not our language but out of all d prominent tribes in nigeria hausa is d worst in terms of speaking english and writing it down
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:

all tribes have problem with d lanuage
why?
it is not our language but out of all d prominent tribes in nigeria hausa is d worst in terms of speaking english and writing it down
That is your opinion.
Anyhow even if it were true maybe it indicates that they are those who reject cultural enslavement the most Why is being the best in English a good thing if not for colo mentality?
Which European nation is the best for speaking Hausa and writing it down
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:
That is your opinion.
Anyhow even if it were true maybe it indicates that they are those who reject cultural enslavement the most Why is being the best in English a good thing if not for colo mentality?
Which European nation is the best for speaking Hausa and writing it down
[quote author=aribisala0 post=62505222]
when hausa is not their official language....
do u think if their is no official language u wil be able to interact or quote me d way u are doing,no u wont or u are posted as a corper to one hausa state and u are a yoruba guy and dat shows why dis hausas are lazy among other tribes,d only thing they understand is go and nothing else
they are d boko haram,they were d one shouting sai buhari
dont support them cos it is their tribe dat said book is haram so how will dey understand d language wen dey are against reading or gaining knowledge
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:

Hausa is also an official language in Nigeria.The fact that you are ignorant of this changes nothing.
Nigeria has 4 official languages named in the constitution

There is alot on this subject that you still have to learn from within and outside Nigeria,contemporary and historical, A lot......
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:
Hausa is also an official language in Nigeria.The fact that you are ignorant of this changes nothing.
Nigeria has 4 official languages named in the constitution

There is alot on this subject that you still have to learn from within and outside Nigeria,contemporary and historical, A lot......
i know we have four official language but go and check d meaning of official language very well before u quote me...wen u understand d meaning u can quote me....use google to be very fast
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:

i know we have four official language but go and check d meaning of official language very well before u quote me...wen u understand d meaning u can quote me....use google to be very fast
Go and check the meaning of idiot.
Then look in the closest mirror and then check the meaning again
Then come let us discuss
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:
Go and check the meaning of idiot.
Then look in the closest mirror and then check the meaning again
Then come let us discuss
have checked d mirror and i realised im not an idiot and u are d biggest fool ever aribisala abi wetin be ur name how can u tell someone to check d mirror in d evening it shows charcoal has being packed in ur brain u cant think clearly
we are just trying to learn and gain one or two things from each other by sharing view on what we think abt d topic but instead u indirectly called me an idiot i wont exchange vulgar words with u
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:

have checked d mirror and i realised im not an idiot and u are d biggest fool ever aribisala abi wetin be ur name how can u tell someone to check d mirror in d evening it shows charcoal has being packed in ur brain u cant think clearly
we are just trying to learn and gain one or two things from each other by sharing view on what we think abt d topic but instead u indirectly called me an idiot i wont exchange vulgar words with u
Gain one or two things from a bigot like you? There is no prospect of profitable intellectual commerce with a simian clod.
Check Mirror in the evening? It is not evening where I am now but even if it was how is that relevant.

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

Gain one or two things from a bigot like you? There is no prospect of profitable intellectual commerce with a simian clod.
Check Mirror in the evening? It is not evening where I am now but even if it was how is that relevant.
thatz how u destroy ur future with ur stupid pride....u live fake life dont u know d meaning of ur name (aribisala) u are always running about for help but u are living fake life i hope u run to mr for help in the future as ur name implies were....
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:

thatz how u destroy ur future with ur stupid pride....u live fake life dont u know d meaning of ur name (aribisala) u are always running about for help but u are living fake life i hope u run to mr for help in the future as ur name implies were....
Stupid pride
Says the clod calling Hausas "LAZY"
you believe ignorantly you are better than they are but the reality is anything but...........

1 Like

Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 10:28pm On Nov 18, 2017
aribisala0:

Stupid pride
Says the clod calling Hausas "LAZY"
you believe ignorantly you are better than they are but the reality is anything but...........
go and use it to collect money,whatz even ur problem dont u have a gf or someone u can play with instead of u quoting my words or u dont have a teddy bear u can sing to and cuddle
i only shared my view on how i see d hausas and u shared urs so wetin be ur problem besides ur name sounds yoruba so whatz ur own with them it seems u have braim disorder maybe u fell down wem u were very young so u use ur head to knack ground if not u will just find something else to do instead of u picking on me
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:

it seemsmy mother has braim disorder maybe she fell down wem she was very young so u use her head to knack ground if not she will just find something else to do
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=aribisala0 post=62507177][/quote]
u have a problem:big one
im sorry on my countenance abt d hausas so just forget anything happen btw us and go and find something else to do i dont like arguing wit a lunatic before sleeping
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2017
hidhrhis:

my mother is a lunatic .she will die coughing
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
[quote author=aribisala0 post=62507413][/quote]
guy im sorry if datz all what it takes
Re: Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) by Mockaroo: 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2017
UncleSnr:
If you don't know where the rain started to beat you, you can't know where you dried.
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into / Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years / Project Materials And Topics Alternative For All Dept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.