Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? (4613 Views)

Cost Of Having Phd Degree In Nigeria / Which Nigerian University Can Boast Of Such Facilities / Struggles Of Having University Roommates (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by eberetos: 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
Have you noticed that whites hardly boast of having first class Even if you check the profiles of white professors on text books, you hardly see anything like "what grade they came out with"... But for Nigerians, first class is adored.

Can you say why whites hardly attach grades to their profile
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2017
What you can offer is key rather than what is on the paper.
ArchangeLucifer:

They do actually - only they don't call it First Class or 2:1 like us.

Ever heard of Magna Cum Laude?

GPA for cum laude - 3.5 to 3.7;
GPA for magna cum laude - 3.8 to 3.9;
GPA for summa cum laude - 4.0+

Anything below 3.5 over there is insignificant so 2:2 students should take note & understand why geniuses don't respect you.

Is not that we don't like you guys, we hate you - period!

Even this magna summa bla bla is not well spoken of.

Okay! Is Elon Musk a magna...? Or Zukerberg?

These guys don't do paper works per se.

It is Nigeria that you keep shouting First class, Second class and third class even with the shout no reasonable job dey

17 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Donald3d(m): 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2017
eberetos:
Have you noticed that whites hardly boast of having first class Even if you check the profiles of white professors on text books, you hardly see anything like "what grade they came out with"... But for Nigerians, first class is adored.

They know the value of content ,and not labels and titles
We have a lot of people here carrying labels ,with nothing to offer -emptiness

12 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by ArchangeLucifer: 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2017
eberetos:

Anything below 3.5 over there is insignificant so 2:2 students should take note & understand why geniuses don't respect you.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by sKeetz(m): 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Na you be the genius?!?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by ArchangeLucifer: 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
sKeetz:

Na you be the genius?!?

3rd class material spotted!

D thing pain am reach bone.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by gregyboy(m): 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
yea blocked headed first that cant even add up anything to thier feed garbage in garbage out student dem forgetting the people who their getting first class never went to skul like them...an average first class student in nigeria knows nothing more than fu**ing theory and nothing more
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by ArchangeLucifer: 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
gregyboy:
yea blocked headed first that cant even add up anything to thier feed garbage in garbage out student dem forgetting the people who their getting first class never went to skul like them...an average first class student in nigeria knows nothing more than fu**ing theory and nothing more

Wow.

From your unintelligible write up you must be worse than them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by sKeetz(m): 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

3rd class material spotted!

D thing pain am reach bone.

Dey mumu yourself

Me wey manage finish secondary school

sad

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by gregyboy(m): 11:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Wow.
a

From your unintelligible write up you must be worse than them.

pls next time bring ur brain wen u come mentioning me understand? cus i see no brain in da head nw
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
gregyboy:
yea blocked headed first that cant even add up anything to thier feed garbage in garbage out student dem forgetting the people who their getting first class never went to skul like them... an average first class student in nigeria knows nothing more than fu**ing theory and nothing more
Obviously you're a product of a polytechnic. cheesy grin Keep consoling yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by gregyboy(m): 11:42pm On Nov 17, 2017
Benita27:
Obviously you're a product of a polytechnic. cheesy grin Keep consoling yourself.

yea i attend one now going for my second degree at uniben a 200l stud

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by ArchangeLucifer: 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2017
sKeetz:

Dey mumu yourself
Me wey manage finish secondary school
sad

At least you beter pass that Mungo Park wey dey above me.
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by ArchangeLucifer: 11:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
gregyboy:

pls next time bring ur brains wen u come mentioning me understand? cus i see no brain in da head nw

Wow.

And I thought Buhari was the only dullard?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
gregyboy:

yea i attend one now going for my second degree at uniben a 200l stud
Obviously. grin What makes you think you're better learned than a "First Class" product of a University?.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by rozay12345: 12:49am On Nov 18, 2017
That is not very true, it is always cited when it is needed but whites placed more potentials and priorities on what you can achieve on your own rather than a supervised condition.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 18, 2017
gregyboy:

and you said you're a student in uniben?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by sinceraconcept(m): 6:17am On Nov 18, 2017
they don't bear titles too. you won't hear Professor,Engr,Chief,only their medical Drs bear that at times for patients to recognize them on time. Obama was probably a professor or Dr but you would never see any of those n front of his name unlike our Prof Yemi Osinbajo. Donald Trump held many honororary degrees but you wulould never hear Dr Trump. Our people attaching titles are just empty barrels with low self esteem

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Brownhypo: 7:40am On Nov 18, 2017
The thing is that, Whites don't stress themselves that much before they get a first class honour. Unlike the Nigerian schools where lecturers will frustrate your life.

So I think those that managed or privileged to get first class honours here in Nigeria place more respect to it
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Readwarn(m): 8:58am On Nov 18, 2017
How many white graduates have you met.. No just dey assume.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Martinez19(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

you got it wrong, googl me what those terms meaning. I think it refer top percentages(not marks) of the class

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by sainty2k3(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2017
The emphasis there is on your skill and how you can contribute effectively not just academic grades.
How first class here are still struggling with practical skills while over there they talk about inventions by Students
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by ArchangeLucifer: 10:13am On Nov 18, 2017
Martinez19:
you got it wrong, googl me what those terms meaning. I think it refer top percentages(not marks) of the class

You "think"? So you are not even sure yet you're arguing.

Well, that's mine. Google yours & drop it here 4 all to see.
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Martinez19(m): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

You "think"? So you are not even sure yet you're arguing.

Well, that's mine. Google yours & drop it here 4 all to see.
like I said, I don't think it has anything to do with gp. It's top percentage stuff. If it's different elsewhere, I don't know

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2017
I'm sorry, did you say Black people or Nigerians celebrate 1st class??

Let me see....Can u name a 1st class student of national significance?
Oh, em Wizkid or Davido or Tuface or D'banj or Alex Iwobi??..is that right

Sorry, Nigeria doesn't give a shit about graduates

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by fergusen: 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2017
undecided smh
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Me77: 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
eberetos:

It simply because they believe on one's ability, not some grade on a piece of paper.

It is one of the reasons they're highly developed, they don't discriminate among graduates (grades). almost every individual has something positive to contribute to the growth and development of their country, inrespective of your educational background, you must surely have an organisation that will employ you, unless you are lazy..
A high profile of America's great individuals never finished with the highest distinction, some were drop outs.
But they've changed and impacted positively to their country and beyond.
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by LOVEGINO(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2017
U think say e easy for Blackman to go skool grin

Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Amthol(m): 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:
I'm sorry, did you say Black people or Nigerians celebrate 1st class??

Let me see....Can u name a 1st class student of national significance?
Oh, em Wizkid or Davido or Tuface or D'banj or Alex Iwobi??..is that right

Sorry, Nigeria doesn't give a shit about graduates

grin grin

True, very true and nothing but just the truth
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

ds one touched me
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by eberetos: 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
Fact
Re: Why Is It That Whites Hardly Boast Of Having First Class??? by Venerable612(m): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Sir... which whites please? Cos we don’t use “Magna stuff” in the UK. Please don’t generalise. It’s all First Class ... Second Class etc.

Plus the grading system is different from what you just mentioned. We use percentages: over 100. we don’t use grade points like 3.5 or stuffs.

Plus the op is wrong as well. Whites do acknowledge and celebrate first class honours. Just not in the manner, and to the extent, we do in Nigeria. There are base points in recruitment processes of many organisations, at least law firms, for your final degree class, and even university you graduated from. So if you finished from Oxford for instance, some law firms regard you applications higher than, say you finished from Coventry or other smaller universities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Student Writes Love Letter To Corper To Be His Sugar Girl (Photos) / ASUU Sends A Shocking Message / Expo Wap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.