Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,727 members, 7,837,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame (928 Views)

Gej Vs Pmb Visit To Maiduguri The Borno State Capital During Insurgency / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Nass: APC Under Pressure To Zone Deputy Senate President To Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame by Ugik(m): 7:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
"all hail the lion king,we love you...let the markets be shut and let the schools close" That was the scenario that played out when the president embarked on his visit to the southeast,the first of its kind since he assumed office...Many reasons can be given for this august visit as it coincides with the period Anambra election is been held. Mr president needed to fortify his defense in the Southeast ahead of 2019, he needed to calm nerves and show not just in words but in action that he was indeed running an all inclusive government.
Little wonder he massaged our ego when he told the teeming Igbo populance that gathers to see him that "Nigerians are Igbos and igbos at Nigerians"...I have no problem with his visit and will only advice him to ensure that his actions are in line with his words,you do not flog a child and then tell him not to cry.

My problem with the visit is not the president but the show of shame by the Igbo nation as they threw decorum to the trash can in the altar of political sycophancy. cultural values of the Igbo nation was brought to question that I really had to weep for my people.
Culture is seen as a peoples way of life and it encompasses their language,music,dance and belief.culture should not be sacrificed on the altar of politics. When PMB came to ebonyi,he was given the title "enyi ebonyi" by the ebonyi state traditional council and that is a good one,just like Atikus "turaki of adamawa". The title "Ochioha ndi Igbo" is a title that was uncalled for unless it was given by the council of traditional rulers in Igbo land,which in this case,it wasn't..a few traditional rulers who are supposed to protect the very sanctity of our cultural value are the same people making it look like a secondary school post.

To make matters worse,APC went castigating the Obi of Onitsha for
failing to leave his base to meet with Buhari at the
state capital. The Obi had insisted that Buhari
should visit him in his palace instead.
I don't know why any son of the soil should
encourage the desecration of his own royal stool
because of Politics even if he supports APGA as alleged.
When Buhari visits Sokoto, he does not send for
the Sultan of Sokoto. He goes to his palace to pay
homage.
You don't go to Osun and send for the Oni of Ife.
You seek him out to pay homage.
Not just here.
You don't go to England and send for the Queen to
come and see you. Donald Trump was in Japan
recently. He didn't send for the Emperor. He went
to his palace to pay homage.
Royal fathers/mothers are the custodians of their
domains. That is why they are universally
respected.
Why should the case of the Obi of Onitsha be
different? Can Buhari go to Edo and send someone
to call the Oba of Benin for him? Why can't our elders for once think like rationale beings and
accord same respect to a royal father of the South East?

1 Like

Re: Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame by weownthewest: 7:56pm On Nov 17, 2017
I can't wait for tomorrow to teach these apc goats a lesson .
Re: Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame by magoo10(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
The obi of onitsha actually made us proud
Igwe may you leave long

Zombies can continue mastutbating and lamenting from the book of lamentations.

1 Like

Re: Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame by blastac: 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
You people should understand southeast doesnt have elders.... Don't mind dis ohaneze people, all day do is to drive elantra or Prado up and down... Igbo enwero EZE....

1 Like

Re: Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame by mightyhazel: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
excellently written...

am proud of igwe Achebe

and of course this op..
Re: Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
wAILING THREAD BY IPOB MAGGOTS!

THE VISIT PAIN DEM GO grin grin grin
Re: Pmb's Visit To Southeast: Southeast Elders Show Of Shame by Ugik(m): 2:27am On Nov 18, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
wAILING THREAD BY IPOB MAGGOTS!

THE VISIT PAIN DEM GO grin grin grin

maybe u should have read the post properly to decipher the message.and if you had availed yourself the opportunity to read my posts you will know for certain I believe in one Nigeria..since am not here to justify myself to u,I implore you to be mature with ur comments and learn to tackle an issue responsibly

(1) (Reply)

Update Of Fulani Herdsmen Crisis In Adamawa State / Biafra: IPOB Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Backs Gov. Ikpeazu / Hon Daniel Kanu Declares Interest To Contest For Imo Guber2019 Under APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.