Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread - Education (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (321751 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Pes13: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2018
coolxpaul:

I think u shud immitate Boss Pes13 in dis 1.He's one wu can b rytly described as dogged.He will not accept any oda cos weda vet medicine or physiotherapy which is a cos in d college of medicine/wit wich it shud b easy 2 cross 2 MBBS in 200L.Bosses here,abeg make una anchor dis one

Chai, not everybody will be like me ooo, some people won't still get their courses after rejecting many courses.

I would always advice people to accept what they are offered and reapply again.

I have heard of people who rejected up to 8 different courses for medicine and surgery , at the end, they discover their purpose is not even science related.

Though, I was told several versions of this story many times grin. I was rigid on mbbs. cheesy
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2018
Nltaliban:

All physics
3 Stats (2 in first semester)
2 computer science (one in first and you know the rest)
3 maths( 2 in first semester)
All ges. That's all
Thanks bro
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 04, 2018
Pes13:

Chai, not everybody will be like me ooo, some people won't still get their courses after rejecting many courses.

I have heard of people who rejected up to 8 different courses for medicine and surgery , at the end, they discover their purpose is not even science related.

Though, I was told several versions of this story many times grin. I was rigid on mbbs. cheesy

Boss how possible is it to change from physics or statistics to engineering?

Plz it is urgent
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DrAuthentic: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2018
Pes13:

Can one be given other course aside from the one initially applied for?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by iles199: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2018
Nltaliban:

Don't expect anything this month.

Don't be too anxious

bro stay there, some ppl caps are already changing to admission in progress...I saw someone's one...animal science ...so if u know ur own course starts from A go and check ur caps cos some are already seeing admission in progress oo
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sulegee: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2018
Mine has changed to admission in progress,check yours guys....how many more days before we see "Admitted" ??

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2018
iles199:

bro stay there, some ppl caps are already changing to admission in progress...I saw someone's one...animal science ...so if u know ur own course starts from A go and check ur caps cos some are already seeing admission in progress oo

Okay
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by fireofzamani: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
hello fams! any DE aspirant here ?? wanna ask some questions asap
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by mathefaro(m): 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2018
gigabyte01:

Boss how possible is it to change from physics or statistics to engineering?

Plz it is urgent
One of my boys moved from statistics to Mech. Engineering this session. He was on a first class though

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Teeskye007: 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2018
Nltaliban:

All physics
3 Stats (2 in first semester)
2 computer science (one in first and you know the rest)
3 maths( 2 in first semester)
All ges. That's all
So are you saying we won't offer chemistry at all?...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by simplebb: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2018
mathefaro:
One of my boys moved from statistics to Mech. Engineering this session. He was on a first class though

That's great. Can you please explain how UI change of course works, I mean d modalities.
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by DoctorGenteel: 3:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
Sulegee:
Mine has changed to admission in progress,check yours guys....how many more days before we see "Admitted" ??

I said it.
Something will happen this month

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by akintosin780: 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
mathefaro:
Donald abi
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=mathefaro post=71780397] One of my boys moved from statistics to Mech. Engineering this session. He was on a first class though[/quote

Is he remo ]
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
Sulegee:

Bro pls tell me how you use caps, I don't know how to use it
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by mathefaro(m): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2018
[quote author=gigabyte01 post=71782549][/quote] Yes
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2018
mathefaro:
Yes

My bro in elect elect has told me about him
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
mathefaro:
Yes

But I really have to be on first class? To cross to engineering from physics or statistics ryt?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sulegee: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2018
gigabyte01:

Bro pls tell me how you use caps, I don't know how to use it

Good morning guys. I posted something yesterday whereby I promised to release full explanation on CAPS and how to check with your Opera mini and other browsers. Take your time to read it and tag your friend as well

About JAMB CAPS.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
CAPS is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.

HOW TO CHECK ADMISSION STATUS ON CAPS.
You can follow the pictures as well

1. Go to Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/. Login with your e-mail address and the password you registered during your JAMB Registration. E.g mufutau@gmail.com and your password too.

2.Then locate and click on ‘ CHECK 2018 UTME/DE ADMISSION STATUS ON CAPS ‘.

3. It'll bring a page which says " WELCOME" (A) Now if you're using Chrome, Puffin, FireFox and etc. Just click on your option button as indicated in picture and click on "REQUEST FOR DESKTOP SITE" or "DESKTOP SITE". It will open another page, kindly click on " ADMISSION STATUS". it'll bring another and finally click on "SEARCH".
(B) if you're using Operamini, you reach stage 3 which displays " WELCOME". Edit your URL and locate "default" in your link. Clear only "default" and replace it with "candidateadmission" then reload your browser by clicking on Go or circle button. It'll display new page and finally click on "SEARCH".

You must understand this terms when you scroll down to check your admission status.
Once you are on your JAMB CAPS page, the important thing you should look out for is what is written under “ADMISSION STATUS” If you have been offered an admission, what you will find under your ADMISSION STATUS is “CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION!”. You will equally see two buttons under it : “ACCEPT ADMISSION” and “REJECT ADMISSION”.
You are expected to click on the appropriate button to either accept or reject the admission . Like JAMB said earlier, if you accept the admission, it means the admission window for 2018/2019 session has closed for you. If you reject the admission, you will be available in CAPS MARKET PLACE for other schools to consider you for admission.
On the other hand, if your admission has not been approved yet, what you will find under your admission status is “NOT ADMITTED”, “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” or “RECOMMENDED……”
Now, “NOT ADMITTED” simply means two things; (a) that your school of choice has not sent or proposed any list of admitted candidates to JAMB. (b) It can equally mean that your school has sent in the list of admitted candidates but you have not been considered for admission.
If your Admission status says NOT ADMITTED, you can check back later to see if there are any changes especially if your school of choice has not released its admission list (either on its website or Notice Board) when you first checked JAMB CAPS.
“ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” is likely to mean that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice, but for certain reasons like Admission Quota and other admission criteria of your school of choice, your admission is still pending. Candidates in this category may be offered admission later if other candidates offered admission by the school decides to reject their admission thereby creating room for more admission slots.
“RECOMMENDED” means that you have been considered for admission but your admission is still under review to ensure you meet all admission criteria set by your institution and JAMB.

Take note of these instruction
1. Don't click on REJECT or ACCEPT when your admission status displays "NOT ADMITTED". Don't ask me the repercussion
2. You're given 72 hours to accept or reject admission. After 72hours, your admission is out. Therefore check your CAPS everyday or after 2 days.
3. Admission on CAPS is department by department and faculty by faculty. Link yourself with your course mates so that they can feed you with changes on their CAPS.

Lastly, if you have any question, please drop it
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Reedwon: 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2018
Anybody here from psychology or applied for psychology?
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Hayem(m): 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
Any MLS student in the house..
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Adex16: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hayem:
Any MLS student in the house..
here
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Hayem(m): 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
Adex16:
here
Have you seen Any update on CAPS
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by overcomer90: 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
Sulegee:

Good morning guys. I posted something yesterday whereby I promised to release full explanation on CAPS and how to check with your Opera mini and other browsers. Take your time to read it and tag your friend as well

About JAMB CAPS.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is geared towards ensuring quality control, transparency and credibility of the admission process.
CAPS is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.’
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.

HOW TO CHECK ADMISSION STATUS ON CAPS.
You can follow the pictures as well

1. Go to Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/. Login with your e-mail address and the password you registered during your JAMB Registration. E.g mufutau@gmail.com and your password too.

2.Then locate and click on ‘ CHECK 2018 UTME/DE ADMISSION STATUS ON CAPS ‘.

3. It'll bring a page which says " WELCOME" (A) Now if you're using Chrome, Puffin, FireFox and etc. Just click on your option button as indicated in picture and click on "REQUEST FOR DESKTOP SITE" or "DESKTOP SITE". It will open another page, kindly click on " ADMISSION STATUS". it'll bring another and finally click on "SEARCH".
(B) if you're using Operamini, you reach stage 3 which displays " WELCOME". Edit your URL and locate "default" in your link. Clear only "default" and replace it with "candidateadmission" then reload your browser by clicking on Go or circle button. It'll display new page and finally click on "SEARCH".

You must understand this terms when you scroll down to check your admission status.
Once you are on your JAMB CAPS page, the important thing you should look out for is what is written under “ADMISSION STATUS” If you have been offered an admission, what you will find under your ADMISSION STATUS is “CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION!”. You will equally see two buttons under it : “ACCEPT ADMISSION” and “REJECT ADMISSION”.
You are expected to click on the appropriate button to either accept or reject the admission . Like JAMB said earlier, if you accept the admission, it means the admission window for 2018/2019 session has closed for you. If you reject the admission, you will be available in CAPS MARKET PLACE for other schools to consider you for admission.
On the other hand, if your admission has not been approved yet, what you will find under your admission status is “NOT ADMITTED”, “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” or “RECOMMENDED……”
Now, “NOT ADMITTED” simply means two things; (a) that your school of choice has not sent or proposed any list of admitted candidates to JAMB. (b) It can equally mean that your school has sent in the list of admitted candidates but you have not been considered for admission.
If your Admission status says NOT ADMITTED, you can check back later to see if there are any changes especially if your school of choice has not released its admission list (either on its website or Notice Board) when you first checked JAMB CAPS.
“ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” is likely to mean that you have met the requirements to be admitted in your school of choice, but for certain reasons like Admission Quota and other admission criteria of your school of choice, your admission is still pending. Candidates in this category may be offered admission later if other candidates offered admission by the school decides to reject their admission thereby creating room for more admission slots.
“RECOMMENDED” means that you have been considered for admission but your admission is still under review to ensure you meet all admission criteria set by your institution and JAMB.

Take note of these instruction
1. Don't click on REJECT or ACCEPT when your admission status displays "NOT ADMITTED". Don't ask me the repercussion
2. You're given 72 hours to accept or reject admission. After 72hours, your admission is out. Therefore check your CAPS everyday or after 2 days.
3. Admission on CAPS is department by department and faculty by faculty. Link yourself with your course mates so that they can feed you with changes on their CAPS.

Lastly, if you have any question, please drop it

Thanks but I am not sure if ui has started giving admission yet
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by mccben4(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2018

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2018
Teeskye007:
So are you saying we won't offer chemistry at all?...

Yes
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Teeskye007: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2018
Nltaliban:

Yes
Okay thanks a lot...
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by busayoalabi(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
Is there anyone from statistics department whose caps has changed to Admission in progress
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Sulegee: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
overcomer90:

Thanks but I am not sure if ui has started giving admission yet
Not yet but "Not Admitted" has changed to "Admission in progress" for most
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by rafo200(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2018
maximum blasting!!!

1 Like

Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Azed5: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
Economics aspirant with 70+ aggregate. Where are you again? let's chat
Re: UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2018
fireofzamani:
hello fams! any DE aspirant here ?? wanna ask some questions asap
Yea....ask your question

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (191) (Reply)

Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.