Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million (46022 Views)

Man Escaping Arrest Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon, Drowns / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video / Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Truthnfm(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
darkenkach:
I don't trust this Igbo man story jhoor. How can someone be this stupid?
darkenkach:
I don't trust this Igbo man story jhoor. How can someone be this stupid?

i wonder oo.. Unless you're under a strong juju!
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Hades2016(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
TRAPP:
This man is doomed... They should help us to sell Buhari & Lai Muhammad too. grin
loading .....

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by drealcivilceno(m): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
pascal558:
the score is rising and with about 20youths confirmed dead with a mother also confirmed dead too after news reached her that her son have been killed!Eiye,jewries,aye and malphite have turned edostate to a cementry with the governor folding his hand!!We can't allow this to continue,PROTEST NOW AND SAVE LIVES!!

Where in Edo state?
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Danielalhassan66(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
stephleena:
silly buyer;,but won't mind selling buhari to Zimbabweans
why do u hate buhari so Much

stop hating
Do yourself a favor
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by younglawya(m): 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
Use a lawyer you won't hear. Serves him right
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
So sad...when you can't trust anyone business suffers...this guy will never invest in Nigeria again...ultimately, we all suffer for a few people's greed...we should all be collectively outraged.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Tedpgrass: 12:31am On Nov 20, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
So sad...when you can't trust anyone business suffers...this guy will never invest in Nigeria again...ultimately, we all suffer for a few people's greed...we should all be collectively outraged.

totally agree!!!
times are moving

to tap into the coming wealth brought on by FDI, Fintech and other tech advances, the system has to be sanitised..

its a shame, the gentleman in question has been insulted and the scammers hailed as being "smart"..

this mindset makes me weep

when.are we going to get ready for the 21st century and tidy up our homes/ minds/ attitudes

reasons for his lack of due diligence and could include any of the below:-

we may never know why he didn't involve his family earlier:--- that's assuming he had one resident in NGR at the time??

or why he didn't come to see/ inspect :--- he might have been offshore or away on assignment for months!!

or how he raised the money:--- might have maxed out on his mortgage, thinking this was great deal and. given present circumstances, effectively homeless!!

I agree with the maxim :--- if its too good to be true, it probably is fake!!

but the extent of PR / packaging done to get him hooked on the deal shouldnt be overlooked as the estate agency seemed legitimate enough: ---office in an upmarket area with possible overseas affiliates
and the price wasn't marked up either,
....so its a deal that would have been quite attractive with all the markings of legitimacy

but what has been.lost is TRUST!!!

and with that, the country loses a lot of opportunities.

Real estate in major cities of the world is purchased through the internet/social media/ phone calls and funds transfers in minutes!!
and these purchases are genuine!!!

when are we going to step up and get our acts together

when??

I really hope the funds are returned/ repartriated without any loss of life...
speedily too!! and be made public for other victims to learn from!!

But I can imagine thousands/ millions of would-be investors who will walk away on reading this sad narrative!!

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 20, 2017
Tedpgrass:

totally agree!!!
times are moving

to tap into the coming wealth brought on by FDI, Fintech and other tech advances, the system has to be sanitised..

its a shame, the gentleman in question has been insulted and the scammers hailed as being "smart"..

this mindset makes me weep

when.are we going to get ready for the 21st century and tidy up our homes/ minds/ attitudes

reasons for his lack of due diligence and could include any of the below:-

we may never know why he didn't involve his family earlier:--- that's assuming he had one resident in NGR at the time??

or why he didn't come to see/ inspect :--- he might have been offshore or away on assignment for months!!

or how he raised the money:--- might have maxed out on his mortgage, thinking this was great deal and. given present circumstances, effectively homeless!!

I agree with the maxim :--- if its too good to be true, it probably is fake!!

but the extent of PR / packaging done to get him hooked on the deal shouldnt be overlooked as the estate agency seemed legitimate enough: ---office in an upmarket area with possible overseas affiliates
and the price wasn't marked up either,
....so its a deal that would have been quite attractive with all the markings of legitimacy

but what has been.lost is TRUST!!!

and with that, the country loses a lot of opportunities.

Real estate in major cities of the world is purchased through the internet/social media/ phone calls and funds transfers in minutes!!
and these purchases are genuine!!!

when are we going to step up and get our acts together

when??

I really hope the funds are returned/ repartriated without any loss of life...
speedily too!! and be made public for other victims to learn from!!

But I can imagine thousands/ millions of would-be investors who will walk away on reading this sad narrative!!

Men I feel your pain...I reside somewhere in the West and I observed that most businesses rely on a credit rating system....it's a metric system for measuring a person's trustworthiness...with a good credit score you can approach any commercial outfit for credit...with our poverty communal mentality, we will never be able to understand how one man's indiscretions reduces all of us...it's sad but we need to educate ourselves.
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Tedpgrass: 1:07am On Nov 20, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Men I feel your pain...I reside somewhere in the West and I observed that most businesses rely on a credit rating system....it's a metric system for measuring a person's trustworthiness...with a good credit score you can approach any commercial outfit for credit...with our poverty communal mentality, we will never be able to understand how one man's indiscretions reduces all of us...it's sad but we need to educate ourselves.

educate!!!
more like fumigate my man!!

its rancid... I know countless HNW pple who will politely decline to do business wt Naija... 419 reputation having heavily coloured their judgement!!!

its heart- rending when awesome opportunities pass us by because we rank poorly on the global competitiveness scale...

we have the numbers, potential economies of scale, consumer market, natural resources, academic/ technical ability with background tenacity, yet we behave like a snail rather than the giant of Africa that we truly are!!

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by ashjay001(m): 2:48am On Nov 20, 2017
Benita27:
Let me just laugh. cheesy grin

The Nwabuoke of a man isn't street smart. Why pay for a land you haven't seen in a country like Nigeria?...You'd still have to ask questions before paying after site seeing the plots you want.

Probably didnt trust his family members! How they hope to get away with it, is what baffles me!
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Abbeywest(m): 2:58am On Nov 20, 2017
xoxo001:
Right now anything goes in Nigeria. Money must be made, I am working presently on selling Nigeria if you are interested lemme know cool

Abeg sell ham and send my share
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Mysselff2: 4:24am On Nov 20, 2017
This man should be arrested for gross falling of hand and for reporting an irrititatingly annoying behaviour
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by pascal558(m): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2017
drealcivilceno:

Where in Edo state?
benin city,Egor area sir!
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by pascal558(m): 7:18am On Nov 20, 2017
smato:
let them kill themselves, na dem sabi
Every human life is precious no mata who is involved!!Cultists na human beign oh nr b goat!
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Shanana1(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2017
obyrich:
Nwabuoku is a very big fool!
not just a fool but a professional fool, aw can a man buy that land dt involve such huge amount of money without taking any necessary legal action B4 he paid.. Mumu and yeye man.. Funniest thing is that if u ask for their help dey won't help u, God has a way of punishing dem.... ##peace

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Imoemi(m): 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
Tuljaking:
Why go into fraud hard work pays

I pay $1 For a minute job Check my profile
I'm qualified
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by siegfried99(m): 1:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
soberdrunk:
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy!!! Both the buyer and the seller are both Mad!! How can you be pumping out such huge amounts of money without even seeing the land, ordinary '50 naira' gala that i want to buy in traffic, i collect and hold my gala tightly before giving the seller money...... angry

EVULU grin
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by nobaga: 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
No blame de man jor. The word Lagos dey command all kin spirits for head. If you get plenty money to waste, that magic wod no be foolish O. Na kokobility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) / Lady Shot Dead While Returning From Work In Rivers State (Photos) / Lady Hangs Herself In Enugu A Day After Being Rescued From Committing Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.