Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe (3387 Views)

Jesus Never Wore Robe: A Preaching Against Men Who Wear Women's Clothing / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

why didnt Christ or the apostles pay or receive it?
are the apostles not follower of Christ
d bible doesn't give record of Jesus Christ making any collections but it told us that Judas iscarriot had been stealing from the treasury, how can he steal from an empty treasury? How was money raised? Was it recorded? There are a lot of things the bible is silent about in the new testament dat we get cues of from d old. For ur info tithing preceded the law. Go md read Heb 7
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

I suggest u study ur bible to knw why it was instituted in the old testament and why Christ and the apostle never preached, pay or received it.
wen u say old testament, u sound like those ppl who think everything in d old testament falls under d law. Abraham existed before the law. God made a covenant with his him.. Isaac was not his only seed.. He had Ishmael from hagar illegitimatly but also had a legitimate wife after the death of sarah who gave him several more sons.. Jacob wasn't the only son of Isaac.. Why do u den try to put d larger covenant God had with Abraham under the covenant he had wit Israel?

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
Why it is that comprehension has become difficult this days,it is because of the difficult economic situation?
Do mean to said the scribes,the Pharisees, and co that Jesus Christ was referring to is you and me?

The tithe of a thing that has become the topic of discussion this days was not recommended for us,it was for the children of Israel, are you from is real?
_did you eat manna in the wilderness?
_did you cross the red sea?
_were you a slave in Egypt?
Let's face the facts,I will be back with more questions for you to proof to you that tithes is not for us.
i am non of these but i am a seed of Abraham by faith according to the book of Galatians

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
betterABIAstate:
seriously, you cannot find any Bible verse to defend tithing in the current dispensation, unless you want to twist it
except you just wanna argue, Matt23:23 is there. If u don't understand the king james version check with other versions as well..
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
i am non of these but i am a seed of Abraham by faith according to the book of Galatians
That's good,then you do not need to argue tithe, Abraham never give tithe as a God's commandments but as an act of goodwill to Melchizedek,genesis 14:17-20.
Job was a richest man in the east but never tithe, Abraham paid tithe from the spoiled of war and not from what he has or owned, Jesus Christ was silenced about the tithe,God never command Adam and Eve to tithe.

What is the fuse about tithings, is tithing the major requirements for for heavenly race?

Why are we deviating from the true religion as enshrined in James 1:27?

How many lives have you touch as a Christian?

How many unbelievers have you brought to Christ?

Out of the ten commandments, how many did you kept?

These are the major things God required of us.

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
d bible doesn't give record of Jesus Christ making any collections but it told us that Judas iscarriot had been stealing from the treasury, how can he steal from an empty treasury? How was money raised? Was it recorded? There are a lot of things the bible is silent about in the new testament dat we get cues of from d old. For ur info tithing preceded the law. Go md read Heb 7

Jesus Christ!!! it sims u dont understand the diff BTW offering and tithe. Jesu and apostles really encouraged offering so much. many atimes he received offering and equally preached it. it was never recorded that they received tithe ma. tithe and offering are not dsame ma
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
wen u say old testament, u sound like those ppl who think everything in d old testament falls under d law. Abraham existed before the law. God made a covenant with his him.. Isaac was not his only seed.. He had Ishmael from hagar illegitimatly but also had a legitimate wife after the death of sarah who gave him several more sons.. Jacob wasn't the only son of Isaac.. Why do u den try to put d larger covenant God had with Abraham under the covenant he had wit Israel?
no correlation BTW dis and the question of who is a levite

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

Jesus Christ!!! it sims u dont understand the diff BTW offering and tithe. Jesu and apostles really encouraged offering so much. many atimes he received offering and equally preached it. it was never recorded that they received tithe ma. tithe and offering are not dsame ma

tell me where it was recorded that he collected offering

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
Continues with your tithing,but remember that you are still under the law grin
salvation101:
Continues with your tithing,but remember that you are still under the law
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
except you just wanna argue, Matt23:23 is there. If u don't understand the king james version check with other versions as well..

Matthew 23:-23 KJV [23] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

don't misquote Jesus, he was talking to the teacher of the law. av u found out why he didn't mention the Sadducees??

do you knw mosaic laws are 613 in number. that is the "other" Christ was talking abt not only tithing. so and me do ur pastor preach that u shud practice the other 613 laws of moses if ur ans no, then u are hypocrite to have taken tithe from the others Christ was talking abt.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
That's good,then you do not need to argue tithe, Abraham never give tithe as a God's commandments but as an act of goodwill to Melchizedek,genesis 14:17-20.
Job was a richest man in the east but never tithe, Abraham paid tithe from the spoiled of war and not from what he has or owned, Jesus Christ was silenced about the tithe,God never command Adam and Eve to tithe.

What is the fuse about tithings, is tithing the major requirements for for heavenly race?

Why are we deviating from the true religion as enshrined in James 1:27?

How many lives have you touch as a Christian?

How many unbelievers have you brought to Christ?

Out of the ten commandments, how many did you kept?

These are the major things God required of us.
and how does my tithing translate to me deviating? Before the law, God directed ppl by laying things in their heart..Abraham saw melchizedek he knew he had to tithe. Read Heb 7 melchizedek is a fore shadow of Jesus. He gave him wine and bread wch is exactly what Jesus gave us (his flesh and blood) nd in return Abraham gave his tithe.. Dat single act he did was credited to his great grand son levi.
Jacob also tithed. He made d covenant at bethel dat he would always give a tenth of wateva God gave him

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
Mathew 23:23,Jesus Christ was simply pointing finger at the wrong things they engaged in instead of the right thing they ought to have been doing,that does not mean He endorsed tithing.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
and how does my tithing translate to me deviating? Before the law, God directed ppl by laying things in their heart..Abraham saw melchizedek he knew he had to tithe. Read Heb 7 melchizedek is a fore shadow of Jesus. He gave him wine and bread wch is exactly what Jesus gave us (his flesh and blood) nd in return Abraham gave his tithe.. Dat single act he did was credited to his great grand son levi.
Jacob also tithed. He made d covenant at bethel dat he would always give a tenth of wateva God gave him
apart from the tithe Abraham gave to Melchizedek, is there anywhere in the bible where he tithe again?

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Is tithing more important than James 1:27?
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
tell me where it was recorded that he collected offering

offering started from his birth ma. and he preached it several times. one of it is this
Luke 6:38 KJV
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

wen James defined the perfect religion, was tithe mention there.
James 1:27 KJV
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

Matthew 23:-23 KJV [23] Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

don't misquote Jesus, he was talking to the teacher of the law. av u found out why he didn't mention the Sadducees??

do you knw mosaic laws are 613 in number. that is the "other" Christ was talking abt not only tithing. so and me do ur pastor preach that u shud practice the other 613 laws of moses if ur ans no, then u are hypocrite to have taken tithe from the others Christ was talking abt.
in a bid to give that statement of Jesus another meaning u r muddling things up. Matt 23:23 is very clear

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Matthew 23:23 KJV
http://bible.com/1/mat.23.23.KJV
“It will be bad for you teachers of the law and you Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You give God a tenth of the food you get, even your mint, dill, and cumin. But you don’t obey the really important teachings of the law—being fair, showing mercy, and being faithful. These are the things you should do. And you should also continue to do those other things.
Matthew 23:23 ERV
http://bible.com/406/mat.23.23.ERV

“Woe to you, [self-righteous] scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you give a tenth (tithe) of your mint and dill and cumin [focusing on minor matters], and have neglected the weightier [more important moral and spiritual] provisions of the Law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the [primary] things you ought to have done without neglecting the others.
MATTHEW 23:23 AMP
http://bible.com/1588/mat.23.23.AMP

Jesus wasn't talking here about the 600+ wateva u are talking about but d good works he just mentioned
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by gabe: 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
victoronyekwelu:
Thund fire you am coming back with prove
e pain am wink
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

offering started from his birth ma. and he preached it several times. one of it is this
Luke 6:38 KJV
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

wen James defined the perfect religion, was tithe mention there.
James 1:27 KJV
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
u just shot ursef on d foot bro. I mentioned where he supported tithing u said there was no record of him collecting tithes. U mentioned where he talked about giving(generically) wch i agree wit but tell me where it was recorded dat he collected offering u cant. But u and i can agree dat he did at some point but wasn't recorded.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
in a bid to give that statement of Jesus another meaning u r muddling things up. Matt 23:23 is very clear

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
“It will be bad for you teachers of the law and you Pharisees! You are hypocrites! You give God a tenth of the food you get, even your mint, dill, and cumin. But you don’t obey the really important teachings of the law—being fair, showing mercy, and being faithful. These are the things you should do. And you should also continue to do those other things.

“Woe to you, [self-righteous] scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you give a tenth (tithe) of your mint and dill and cumin [focusing on minor matters], and have neglected the weightier [more important moral and spiritual] provisions of the Law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the [primary] things you ought to have done without neglecting the others.

Jesus wasn't talking here about the 600+ wateva u are talking about but d good works he just mentioned

so what are the other things of the law. if it was only tithe then why are versions u quoted pluralizing it "other things" and not other thing or even mention tithe"
is tithe the only mosaic law
if u are not decieving ursev my sis, other tinx means other part of the law. it is self explanatory enof. u can bring Yoruba version if u are one.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by betterABIAstate: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
no sir, that passage didn't ask you to tithe compulsorily, even if it does, you must still tithe to a levite sir.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nnamdiojukwu: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:

From Adam to Job,and Abraham to Jesus Christ,I have not heard that tithe is for God.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
u just shot ursef on d foot bro. I mentioned where he supported tithing u said there was no record of him collecting tithes. U mentioned where he talked about giving(generically) wch i agree wit but tell me where it was recorded dat he collected offering u cant. But u and i can agree dat he did at some point but wasn't recorded.

so giving to u is tithing.?? only God can make u understand then.

I said Christ started receiving offering from childhood or u dont remember the three wise men again
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:

if u understood giving to mean tithing then u dont knw wht u are talking abt.
act of apostle church gave generously to support the poor and the church in general. does that mean tithing. pls get the knowledge of tithing and offering. they are two diff tinx
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

so what are the other things of the law. if it was only tithe then why are versions u quoted pluralizing it "other things" and not other thing or even mention tithe"
is tithe the only mosaic law
if u are not decieving ursev my sis, other tinx means other part of the law. it is self explanatory enof. u can bring Yoruba version if u are one.

den u mean Jesus must be contradicting himself cos there were parts of the law he expressly condemned and spoke against.. If he is saying here dat dey should be doing all of the 600+, den u r saying those things he spoke against too were among. Is dat it?
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

if u understood giving to mean tithing then u dont knw wht u are talking abt.
act of apostle church gave generously to support the poor and the church in general. does that mean tithing. pls get the knowledge of tithing and offering. they are two diff tinx
u see giving as offering alone, but i showed u where he supported tithing. U r just trying to ignore the truth in matt23:23...dat there is no record of Jesus collecting offering doesn't mean he didn't.. Same with tithe..Tithe is even 10% in acts there was a time ppl gave 100%
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
den u mean Jesus must be contradicting himself cos there were parts of the law he expressly condemned and spoke against.. If he is saying here dat dey should be doing all of the 600+, den u r saying those things he spoke against too were among. Is dat it?
OK ma, wht are the other tinx
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

OK ma, wht are the other tinx
tithe tithe tithe
U ignored the version dat spoke as singular nd now u r building a doctrine out of the plurality
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
tithe tithe tithe

and it wasn't recorded that he or his apostles practice it.

if other things mean tithe to u then, u are either deceiving ursev or u dont av the semantic knowledge of the word.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
lonikit:

and it wasn't recorded that he or his apostles practice it.

if other things mean tithe to u then, u are either deceiving ursev or u dont av the semantic knowledge of the word.
telll me where Jesus Christ collected offering mr knowledge
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
salvation101:
telll me where Jesus Christ collected offering mr knowledge

I have shown u one. do u even knw the diff BTW tithe and offering.
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by gmaribel(m): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Tithes as preached by prosperity pastors is not founded in the Bible for Christians.

The practice was part of laws set aside for the Jews in the Mosaic law.

Other practices such as burnt offerings, passover , etc stopped with Christianity

Pastors today preach it to collect 10% monthly from their flocks. And live in grand style.

Jesus never collected tithe from anyone ......I went through a post today that a pastor fainted after a Nigerian offered $1000000 ..... Now when Jesus met a rich man who wanted to gain eternal life he did not ask him to bring any money. He told him to sell his belongings and give to the poor then come and follow him. Lk 18:18-23
Re: Counter Thread: Jesus Never Supported Christians To Pay Tithe by lonikit: 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
gmaribel:
Tithes as preached by prosperity pastors is not founded in the Bible for Christians.

The practice was part of laws set aside for the Jews in the Mosaic law.

Other practices such as burnt offerings, passover , etc stopped with Christianity

Pastors today preach it to collect 10% monthly from their flocks. And live in grand style.

Jesus never collected tithe from anyone ......I went through a post today that a pastor fainted after a Nigerian offered $1000000 ..... Now when Jesus met a rich man who wanted to gain eternal life he did not ask him to bring any money. He told him to sell his belongings and give to the poor then come and follow him. Lk 18:18-23

tnk u sir. he really emphasized giving to the poor likewise his disciples. and every Christian wnts to be like Christ yet they practise wht he never did or preached.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Act As Disturbed Fellows? / Who Will Interpret My Dreams? / Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.