Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe - Culture (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (80215 Views)

Benin, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe / ICYMI: Bini, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe / Bini, Not Yoruba, Are Original Owners Of Lagos – Ajayi-bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Olu317(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
odigbosky:

Idolise who....bros abeg you know your heritage please let it stop dere. You don't know anything about the Benin palace life so dont say what you don't know. Palace life and rituals in Benin are very secret. when Eweka ll was made king, palace functions where done in the night, it was when a saga occured an the Oba was accused of doing rituals that was when they started doing palace functions and meetings in the day time. Not everything on Wikipedia is correct.
My friend, you think I am one who come online to play politics about a very serious issue as this? I beg to differ. I repeat, Oba BINI see Ooni in the ancient times as God.Ooni was referred to as OGHENE. I can tell you guys categorically as a pure historical information and study carried out to show the superiority of Ooni. This is not another pride or egocentrism but reality. You guys may have been told series of information but the ones I can be verified. Even, one of the most celebrated Explorer in 15th century, in the person of Joao Alfonso 1472 account testified to it that the father of Oba of BINI is in UHE known as Oghene. Ojéjé or Érujéjé. I doubt if you guys really knew the meaning of the reason he was referred to as this name among many names Ooni bore in the past. Fact don't lie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by PrinceOgun: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=62789765]My friend, you think I am one who come online to play politics about a very serious issue as this? I beg to differ. I repeat, Oba BINI see Ooni in the ancient times as God.Ooni was referred to as OGHENE. I can tell you guys categorically as a pure historical information and study carried out to show the superiority of Ooni. This is not another pride or egocentrism but reality. You guys may have been told series of information but the ones I can be verified. Even, one of the most celebrated Explorer in 15th century, in the person of Joao Alfonso 1472 account testified to it that the father of Oba of BINI is in UHE known as Oghene. Ojéjé or Érujéjé. I doubt if you guys really knew the meaning of the reason he was referred to as this name among many names Ooni bore in the past. Fact don't lie. [/quote][/s]

TRASH AS USUAL!

LIES NORDEY FINISH FOR UNA MOUTH?

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Olu317(m): 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2017
Truth is really hurting some people. I doubt it if any of them could imagine that some like me who has deep knowledge of Odu'a ancestral worship and how he was acknowledge and respected during his time after his descendants took over countrol over ILE IFE could come online to BURST THEIR FACTORY FITTED LIES.....Come and tell us if OGISO descendants in BINI truly have anything to do with Odu'a Adimunia /Adimlia. I can't stop laughing at their. I reaffirm that the earlier the better for some LIARS FROM EDO TO STOP IT because they can't distort our history. You do have your own tribes within your place. kindly go through it and restrict your information to Oranmiyan because he was the one that took the word called O-BA to ILE IBINU. Hence, you will have sleepless nights if you desist because we have fact within care to counter your LIES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2017
Some of these guys just don't want to admit that they descend from slaves who were dropped in Lagos.
Their "history" is a mere story cooked up by the slaves in order to be accepted by the locals.
This guy olu seems be trying to sound like me by copying some of my words and expressions in order to make himself look more credible.
Although he couldn't copy my habit of bringing proof to debates and he couldn't because there are no proofs for lies, and all he says are lies.

PrinceOgun:
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=62789765]My friend, you think I am one who come online to play politics about a very serious issue as this? I beg to differ. I repeat, Oba BINI see Ooni in the ancient times as God.Ooni was referred to as OGHENE. I can tell you guys categorically as a pure historical information and study carried out to show the superiority of Ooni. This is not another pride or egocentrism but reality. You guys may have been told series of information but the ones I can be verified. Even, one of the most celebrated Explorer in 15th century, in the person of Joao Alfonso 1472 account testified to it that the father of Oba of BINI is in UHE known as Oghene. Ojéjé or Érujéjé. I doubt if you guys really knew the meaning of the reason he was referred to as this name among many names Ooni bore in the past. Fact don't lie. [/s]

TRASH AS USUAL!

LIES NORDEY FINISH FOR UNA MOUTH?
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by PrinceOgun: 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
Some of these guys just don't want to admit that they descend from slaves who were dropped in Lagos.
Their "history" is a mere story cooked up by the slaves in order to be accepted by the locals.
This guy olu seems be trying to sound like me by copying some of my words and expressions in order to make himself look more credible.
Although he couldn't copy my habit of bringing proof to debates and he couldn't because there are no proofs for lies, and all he says are lies.

grin grin grin cheesy grin that olu dude has issues
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
PrinceOgun:

grin grin grin cheesy grin that olu dude has issues
He has big issues and he seems obsessed with us.
It is quite an amazing thing to see these yorubafolks trying to steal Edo history by any means necessary.
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by PrinceOgun: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:

He has big issues and he seems obsessed with us.
It is quite an amazing thing to see these yorubafolks trying to steal Edo history by any means necessary.

Fia go burn thier yanch one by one cheesy
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Olu317(m): 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
Obsessed to who or what clan? A clan that was trained by Oranmiyan.... I mock this people called OGISO Fabricator .There is an information from Joao Alfonso..... Feed your eyes. It is still at the archive of Portugal on West Africa record. If you like hate it the truth... Lastly, most of you Edo haters don't know Jack shit about BINI. You are all here fuming over things you have no knowledge on. Ooni remain the father and all supreme king over OBA BINI.

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 30, 2017
We certainly don't know anything about your "bini" or your "oba bini".
However we are Edo and our Kingdom is Benin Kingdom, it's capital is Benin City and our king is Omo n'Oba n'Edo often refered to as Oba of Benin.
No relations to your "oba bini" or to your alfonso the invisible and magical book writer.
Olu317:
Obsessed to who or what clan? A clan that was trained by Oranmiyan.... I mock this people called OGISO Fabricator .There is an information from Joao Alfonso..... Feed your eyes. It is still at the archive of Portugal on West Africa record. If you like hate it the truth... Lastly, most of you Edo haters don't know Jack shit about BINI. You are all here fuming over things you have no knowledge on. Ooni remain the father and all supreme king over OBA BINI.
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Olu317(m): 6:42am On Nov 30, 2017
historyworld030:
We certainly don't know anything about your "bini" or your "oba bini".
However we are Edo and our Kingdom is Benin Kingdom, it's capital is Benin City and our king is Omo n'Oba n'Edo often refered to as Oba of Benin.
No relations to your "oba bini" or to your alfonso the invisible and magical book writer.
First of all, I want to let you know that once you engage me in an unruly manner again, I won't go further on this germane issue that you seem emotional about. Now to hit the nail on the head, there was IKA /AKA /IDU depending on the location one try to refer to within the ancient BINI kingdom..Since, you want to quash this truth based on your self assumption, then, I need to ask you questions. And the first one is; Who was the father of Eweka? If you can inform us that it was not a Yoruba man, then Yoruba don't have any connection with you but if otherwise, it was a man known as ODÉDÈ, who was also known as oranmiyan, then Yoruba is connected to your BINI throne via this lineage. I will advise you to go and do thorough researching before you come online and get too emotional about this historical truth. The same Joao Alfonso mischievously gave the Atlantic sea your name, when infact BINI was and still Landlocked. Imagine such a misconception. You are Edo and know your history, right? Apart from Izoduwa, the so called Ogiso prince , who among his ancestral lineage still exist in Edo today? Show us Ogiso's family members.
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2017
Please leave Lagos matter for the real Lagosians grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by rhelis: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2017
giftq:

Igbo amaka

hahaha, this is honestly funny.
Experience much fun while shopping online at affordable price, plus you can bargain your price online
visit https://rhelis.com
Hurry Now!!
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Olu317(m): 8:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
flyover30:
what about the gods they serve.any difference?
Bini calls deities spirit Erinmwin Nohuaren which is similar to Yoruba IWIN(spirit). The Bini people worship these influential deities and some are imported from Yoruba land.Namely
1.OSANOBUA or OSA
2.OLOKUN
3.OBIEMWEN
4.OGIUWU
5.ESU
6.ISO
7.EKPENEDE
8.ARENBO
9.EMIHE
10.EKHIBI
11.AGBAGHUZALE
12.EMOTAN

Apart from the three, namely Osa,(God), Olokun(water goddess), and Esu (devil) which were thought to them by the Yoruba. Let Edo people who claims Lagos ownership come point at deities that is similar to BINI and are being worshiped in LAGOS?

It is just a pity that the people we see as an offshoot of Yoruba are the ones distorting. Ordinarily, it wouldn't have got to this if they had not bitten more than what they can chew..... Your Omo n'oba was the cause and you all must hear the truth. Yoruba people acknowledge every group that merged with them irrespective of the connection. Do BINI accept such? A Foot for thought to all of you who think they can distort history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by BornStunner1: 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=62863044]Bini calls deities spirit Erinmwin Nohuaren which is similar to Yoruba IWIN(spirit). The Bini people worship these influential deities and some are imported from Yoruba land.Namely
1.OSANOBUA or OSA
2.OLOKUN
3.OBIEMWEN
4.OGIUWU
5.ESU
6.ISO
7.EKPENEDE
8.ARENBO
9.EMIHE
10.EKHIBI
11.AGBAGHUZALE
12.EMOTAN

Apart from the three, namely Osa,(God), Olokun(water goddess), and Esu (devil) which were thought to them by the Yoruba. Let Edo people who claims Lagos ownership come point at deities that is similar to BINI and are being worshiped in LAGOS?

It is just a pity that the people we see as an offshoot of Yoruba are the ones distorting. Ordinarily, it wouldn't have got to this if they had not bitten more than what they can chew..... Your Omo n'oba was the cause and you all must hear the truth. Yoruba people acknowledge every group that merged with them irrespective of the connection. Do BINI accept such? A Foot for thought to all of you who think they can distort history. [/quote][/s]

Trash as usual!!.... Get a life boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Olu317(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
Edo historians, must respect, Yoruba and ILE IFE. The screen shot below is about BINI and Edo deities that have no bearing on Lagos State nor Yoruba land. If they do ,kindly mention a place so that we can learn from you.

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by Olu317(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
Contd

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by AxxeMan: 2:17am On Dec 02, 2017
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=62891502]Edo historians, must respect, Yoruba and ILE IFE. The screen shot below is about BINI and Edo deities that have no bearing on Lagos State nor Yoruba land. If they do ,kindly mention a place so that we can learn from you. [/quote][/s]

WHAT STUPID ILE IFE?

Stop making a fool of yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by macof(m): 4:40am On Dec 02, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

You miss the point really. And your analogy is off. Yoruba rituals and festivals DO NOT HAVE TO MATCH other people's own for there to be a historical link. The Fulanis that took over Ilorin for example do not have a ritual depicting the battles they fought before they took over the city and established an emirate. Are you aware Alimi provided an escourt to take the Alaafin safely back to Oyo after he was captured by Fulani/Hausa soldiers fighting for Afonja? They told him the Aare was gonna spill the Alaafin's blood for sacrifice and he refused to give him up for that purpose.
So going by your analogy, the Fulani wars with Oyo never took place right?

I didnt miss the point at all, maybe you failed to understand. imagine oyo says larooye went to Ijebu ode to steal the crown and brought back to Oyo-ile, to verify this, there must be ritual rites/festival from both Oyo and ijebu that tell of this incident.

Similarly, if Bini says Ekaledehan went on to become Oduduwa, there must be rituals/festivals/songs/ or anything tangible to compare with what is obtainable in Ile-ife. that is how Sub-saharan african history goes.

The fulani did not fight battles to take over the city, they laid an ambush on Afonja, and were supported by Yoruba muslims. No, I am not aware Alimi rescured the Alaafin, I am not even aware the Alaafin was captured. How did you come about this information?

Afonja spill blood of an Oba for sacrifice undecided Afonja might have lost respect for Alaafin Awole but to spill blood in sacrifice... Nah!

About Bini and Oduduwa, for starters, if you cared to investigate you would find out that the monarchies in most lands ARE ALMOST ALWAYS FOREIGNERS who where not indigenes in the first place. For example, the royal family of England are not even English, Welsh or Scottish. Same goes for Spain, Netherlands and others.
So your idea of trying to create an exception for Yorubas won't fly because history is not on your side.
All oral and recorded history about Oduduwa repeats one fact, he was welcomed into Ife.

This is a Bini account, referencing with songs and rituals as you expect

I am not trying to create an exemption for Yoruba, I am simply following the right approach to historical science. If Bini say oduduwa was a Bini prince, there needs to be a tangible element of verification. Please provide the song and describe the ritual process

And he was NOT FROM Oke-Ora as you like saying all the time, hear it from the Ooni himself

https://www.oonirisa.org/history-of-ile-ife/

So there you have it, Oduduwa arrived with his groups to Ife.
An indigene cannot arrive to a place where he is indigenous to except language has lost its meaning.
The Oduduwa group were not indigenous to Ife according to historical records, here is a editorial by Eluyemi on the Guardian that HAS NOT BEEN CONTESTED

https://guardian.ng/features/ife-coronation-rituals-and-the-primacy-of-history/

smh. Ife was a confederacy of 13 communities, Oke-ora was not among those early communities of the confederacy, Oke-ora is a hilly community outside the city of Ile-ife, the people of Ile-ife at that time would see the Oke-ora man as a foreigner....simple logic, its not complicated at all.
Oduduwa certainly, a 100% came from Oke-ora to Ile-ife, all references to Oduduwa point to Oke-ora, now whether he came from somewhere else before reaching Oke-ora is another thing you can choose to argue(an arguement that will fail without proof stronger than the Oke-ora origin theory) but to say he didnt enter Ile-Ife through Oke-ora is you just being stupid

Ido, a hill-top community a few miles to the northeast of Ife on the road to Ilesha also is located near the ancient center of Ibodi, discussed earlier in this chapter. Both sites are important to Ife’s early history and first dynasty rulership line. Consistent with this, one of King Obalufon’s praise poems is: ‘‘Obalufon, Master of Ido.” The king-elect makes a visit to Oke-Ido during the enthronement, explains Obalufon priest, Owakinyin, because ‘‘Obalufon’s ase is in Ido. There is a tree there where the ase is kept.”
Like Ibodi, Ido is closely identified with Oramfe, Ife’s ancient god of thunder and lightning one of whose shrines is located on the adjacent Oke Ora (‘‘mountain of Oramfe”).Once the king-elect has arrived at Ido, as historian A.A. Adediran points out, he ‘‘visits Oke-Ora (hill of Oramfe) where a crown is made for him by the Ompetu of Ido.” Price highlights the unique historic significance of this headdress as the region’s ‘‘first crown,” explaining that the king’s official crown is a hat made for him by his personal attendants, and embellished with leaves taken from a sacred tree growing on a hill named Ido, four miles from the city.”

The crown is fashioned in part from iroko leaves and placed on the king-elect’s head by the Ompetu of Ido. It is these leaves that also are seen to furnish the ruler-elect with the necessary ase (authority to rule). The Ido crown is described further as being safeguarded by the orisa (god) Olojudo
this is from the Article written off from Suzanne Blier's work, which you posted a link to. it can be used to buttress my point but I need to make a few corrections:

Ido was the successor community to Oke-ora, Ido(Yoruba:valley settlement) was populated by Oduduwa's people from Oke-ora on Obadio's land, Oduduwa temple and resting place is here
[the writter doesn't know much about Ido's geography, they kept mixing Ido up with Oke-ora, eg. Ido is not a hilltop community, oke-ora is]

The defeated chiefs are even called upon to supply music!
Let's add more fire to the raging discussion, notice Eluyemi did not say Ife’s autochthonous Ugbo population but Ife’s autochthonous Igbo population. grin shocked
I know some peeps are gonna be like angry
He was referring to Ugbo in Ilaje right? But was he? That must have been a typo on his part right? grin

Some Ife historians mix it up half way and can't seem to make up their minds whether it is Ugbo or Igbo.

http://ifeooye..com.ng/2016/03/art-in-ancient-ife-birthplace-of-yoruba.html

Talking about Ugbo, you are going to have to contend with Oba Akinruntan if you want to contest further on Oduduwa's history of not being native to Ife.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/27/oba-frederick-obateru-akinruntan-i-am-the-owner-of-ile-ife-i-can-rule-ife-from-my-palace-if-allowed/

You don't have University Thesis? or References from Books? Whats with all the unreliable random internet links? You obviously do not do thorough research undecided
'Igbo' is standard yoruba for 'Ugbo' - Ugbo of Ilaje not SE Igbo ethnic group, I hope You are not a waste of time, I expected you should know this already

Now apparently even Akinruntan bought into the Mecca myth when the proper reference was somewhere to the East. I blame it on literacy or lack of geographical knowledge, as the Mecca fabrication is not only tenable but totally unrealistic IMO.
The point is, it is established that Oduduwa came from somewhere to Ife, was accepted, fought with the native power brokers to establish his dominance and gained ascendancy to start a dynasty.
What you are going to have to prove to me is which independent kingdom goes out to another unrelated kingdom to ask them to supply a king for them if there was no relationship in the first place?
Are you aware of the claims by Ogiamen family in Bini today that the present royal family of Bini are Yorubas and not ethnic Binis? They claim the Oliha back then went to Uhe to bring a Yoruba prince to usurp Ogiamen's authority. History records that the Ogiamen was later defeated and was forced to sell the land symbolically to the new king.
Why did the Oliha have to go to Uhe? Why not Zaria or Bida or Idah?
How did the Oliha manage to convince a notoriously difficult people like the Binis to accept a foreign prince as a king, even when an Ogie was already ruling the land?
So you see, the story is not as simple as you are trying to make it appear.
The history of most peoples in Southern Nigeria is way more related than we care to admit.

if the Ogiamen family(descendants of the Ogiso) say Oba of Bini is a foreigner and not their brother, and the have their traditions and play a role in the coronation of the Oba of Bini then I think they should be listened to
this role(in the Ekiopagha treaty) was omitted during the last coronation, due to the absence of a leader of the Ogiamen family, he has been missing for years and had no son or brother, probably this was a move to eliminate the Ogiamen factor which has been 'a torn on the flesh' of the Oba of Bini)

Why did Oliha go to Ife and how he convinced the people to accept the Oba?
Ife was the most successful kingdom in the near, common Binis do not interfere with Kingship matters unless as foot-soldiers and war puns, they do not influence decision, it is considered a personal/family matter not state affairs. Regardless, Ogiamen had more supporters and fighters, he successfully blocked Oranmiyan's access into the city, it was Oba Ewedo(Oranmiyan's greatgrandchild and 5th Oba of Bini) that eventually defeated Ogiamen in battle, but even after that, in order to rule as King over the land, he had to 'buy' the land. How can Ewedo buy the land if his ancestors owned the land? common sense...Binis should think before they lie

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by AxxeMan: 4:58am On Dec 02, 2017
[[s]quote author=macof post=62901500]
I didnt miss the point at all, maybe you failed to understand. imagine oyo says larooye went to Ijebu ode to steal the crown and brought back to Oyo-ile, to verify this, there must be ritual rites/festival from both Oyo and ijebu that tell of this incident.

Similarly, if Bini says Ekaledehan went on to become Oduduwa, there must be rituals/festivals/songs/ or anything tangible to compare with what is obtainable in Ile-ife. that is how Sub-saharan african history goes.

The fulani did not fight battles to take over the city, they laid an ambush on Afonja, and were supported by Yoruba muslims. No, I am not aware Alimi rescured the Alaafin, I am not even aware the Alaafin was captured. How did you come about this information?

Afonja spill blood of an Oba for sacrifice undecided Afonja might have lost respect for Alaafin Awole but to spill blood in sacrifice... Nah!

I am not trying to create an exemption for Yoruba, I am simply following the right approach to historical science. If Bini say oduduwa was a Bini prince, there needs to be a tangible element of verification. Please provide the song and describe the ritual process

smh. Ife was a confederacy of 13 communities, Oke-ora was not among those early communities of the confederacy, Oke-ora is a hilly community outside the city of Ile-ife, the people of Ile-ife at that time would see the Oke-ora man as a foreigner....simple logic, its not complicated at all.
Oduduwa certainly, a 100% came from Oke-ora to Ile-ife, all references to Oduduwa point to Oke-ora, now whether he came from somewhere else before reaching Oke-ora is another thing you can choose to argue(an arguement that will fail without proof stronger than the Oke-ora origin theory) but to say he didnt enter Ile-Ife through Oke-ora is you just being stupid

this is from the Article written off from Suzanne Blier's work, which you posted a link to. it can be used to buttress my point but I need to make a few corrections:

Ido was the successor community to Oke-ora, Ido(Yoruba:valley settlement) was populated by Oduduwa's people from Oke-ora on Obadio's land, Oduduwa temple and resting place is here
[the writter doesn't know much about Ido's geography, they kept mixing Ido up with Oke-ora, eg. Ido is not a hilltop community, oke-ora is]

You don't have University Thesis? or References from Books? Whats with all the unreliable random internet links? You obviously do not do thorough research undecided
'Igbo' is standard yoruba for 'Ugbo' - Ugbo of Ilaje not SE Igbo ethnic group, I hope You are not a waste of time, I expected you should know this already

if the Ogiamen family(descendants of the Ogiso) say Oba of Bini is a foreigner and not their brother, and the have their traditions and play a role in the coronation of the Oba of Bini then I think they should be listened to
this role(in the Ekiopagha treaty) was omitted during the last coronation, due to the absence of a leader of the Ogiamen family, he has been missing for years and had no son or brother, probably this was a move to eliminate the Ogiamen factor which has been 'a torn on the flesh' of the Oba of Bini)

Why did Oliha go to Ife and how he convinced the people to accept the Oba?
Ife was the most successful kingdom in the near, common Binis do not interfere with Kingship matters unless as foot-soldiers and war puns, they do not influence decision, it is considered a personal/family matter not state affairs. Regardless, Ogiamen had more supporters and fighters, he successfully blocked Oranmiyan's access into the city, it was Oba Ewedo(Oranmiyan's greatgrandchild and 5th Oba of Bini) that eventually defeated Ogiamen in battle, but even after that, in order to rule as King over the land, he had to 'buy' the land. How can Ewedo buy the land if his ancestors owned the land? common sense...Binis should think before they lie[/quote][/s]

I didn't wanna give a reply to the trash you typed because i don't deem it worthy , but that last paragraph set my blood boiling !

Edo's would never accept a foreigner to be king and definitely not a Yoruba , a tribe that a part of it was already paying tributes and tithes to the Benin empire at that time, never! A monarchy built on promegenture for centuries you gotta be kidding me, not even a brother of the crown prince can climb that throne !

Even with the banza and jamboree that is the Yoruba kingship , strangers are excluded from bidding and buying the thrones available talkless of a monarchy as great as that of the Edo's!
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by macof(m): 5:08am On Dec 02, 2017
AxxeMan:
[[s]quote author=macof post=62901500]

I didn't wanna give a reply to the trash you typed because it don't deem it worthy , but that last paragraph set my blood boiling !

Edo's would never accept a foreigner to be king and definitely not a Yoruba , a tribe that a part of it was already paying tributes and tithes to the Benin empire at that time, never! A monarch built on promegenture for centuries you gotta be kidding me, not even a brother of the crown prince can climb that throne !

Even with the banza and jamboree that is the Yoruba kinship , strangers are excluded from bidding and buying the thrones available talkless of a monarchy as great as that of the Edo's!

I don't post trash boy. if you wan to discus history you have to let go of sentiments, your blood boiling over historical facts grin

Boy, during that time, the Oba dynasty that created the Empire did not exist... it was much later during the time of Oba Euware I that Bini became an Empire and started collecting tributes from some eastern yoruba towns. At this time Bini was known as Igodomigo so what nonsense are you saying? I expect you to know this much about your history. Don't come here disgracing your father's house in a bid to satisfy your pride...let your blood cool down and learn history boy.

A great monarch yes, but with Yoruba origin!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by AxxeMan: 5:16am On Dec 02, 2017
[[s]quote author=macof post=62901650]

I don't post trash boy. if you wan to discus history you have to let go of sentiments, your blood boiling over historical facts grin

Boy, during that time, the Oba dynasty that created the Empire did not exist... it was much later during the time of Oba Euware I that Bini became an Empire and started collecting tributes from some eastern yoruba towns. At this time Bini was known as Igodomigo so what nonsense are you saying? I expect you to know this much about your history. Don't come here disgracing your father's house in a bid to satisfy your pride...let your blood cool down and learn history boy.

A great monarch yes, but with Yoruba origin![/quote][/s]

At that time Benin was already a kingdom it got expanded into an empire by Ewaure the great! So shut up , this is my history not yours..... Go and mastubste over whatever peanut or liltle recent history u Yoruba's might have
Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by macof(m): 5:25am On Dec 02, 2017
AxxeMan:
[[s]quote author=macof post=62901650]

A great monarch yes, but with Yoruba origin![/s]

At that time Benin was already a kingdom it got expanded into an empire by Ewaure the great! So shut up , this is my history not yours..... Go and mastubste over whatever peanut or liltle recent history u Yoruba's might have

are you stupid or what? wtf! I am speaking of Oranmiyan - Ewedo (generations before Ewuare)

You need to let go of your hatred for Yorubas, hate will only destroy you

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by macof(m): 5:27am On Dec 02, 2017
AxxeMan:

What stupid useless Yoruba origin is this punk reffering ..... The Yoruba's that buy thrones or the Yoruba's that don't even have a culture to speak off

Hahahaha see guy don't disgrace urself grin grin
Oranmiyan is the ancestor of all Oba of Bini

earlier you said Bini practice a primogeniture

I will give you a list of some Oba of Bini who ascended the throne not as first sons.. Prove it wrong
1. Oba Ehenmihen, second son of Eweka I
2. Oba Oguola, he ascended the throne over his elder brother
3. Oba udagbedo
4. Oba Ohen
5. Oba Uwaifiokun, he took the throne over Ewuare I, his elder brother
6. Oba Olua
7. Oba Ozolua, killed his nephew to ascend the throne
Bonus: Oba Ohuan died childess, Bini goes through a period of elective monarchy, 7 obas until Oba Ewuakpe
8. Oba Ezuere, Ewuakpe's second son
9. Oba Ogbedo
Bonus: Obaseki rules Bini as a republic in trust of the British

Bini did not always follow the father - son tradition

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by macof(m): 5:29am On Dec 02, 2017
AxxeMan:

Like I said!... Shut up this is my history not yours!!.... Now fucvk off!
you do not know your history all you are for is the self induced delusion of edo supremacy, which even if were true should be backed with facts not sentiments... that's the difference between you and me

You see, I actually know history, it is a passion, I don't run away from reality and facts to lies and delusions that will only eventually destroy what i think I want to promote, You will only be harming the Edo nation by not learning history properly

So unless you say Oranmiyan is not the father of Eweka, maybe Eweka was a bastard undecided is that what you are saying?

3 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by AxxeMan: 5:33am On Dec 02, 2017
[[s]quote author=macof post=62901766] Oranmiyan is the ancestor of all Oba of Bini

I will give you a list of some Oba of Bini who ascended the throne not as first sons.. Prove it wrong
3. Oba udagbedo
4. Oba Ohen
6. Oba Olua
Bonus: Oba Ohuan died childess, Bini goes through a period of elective monarchy, 7 obas until Oba Ewuakpe
9. Oba Ogbedo

Bini did not always follow the father - son tradition[/quote][/s]

If you really think i would debate my rich great culture and traditions with a Yoruba man you must be living in fools paradise!

The earlier your stop maatubating over Edo History and tradition the better for you!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by macof(m): 5:38am On Dec 02, 2017
AxxeMan:
[[s]quote author=macof post=62901766] Oranmiyan is the ancestor of all Oba of Bini

3. Oba udagbedo
4. Oba Ohen
6. Oba Olua
9. Oba Ogbedo

Bini did not always follow the father - son tradition[/s]

If you really think i would debate my rich great culture and traditions with a Yoruba man you must be living in fools paradise!

The earlier your stop maatubating over Edo History and tradition the better for you!

You have nothing to say, You do not know your own history. a dimwitted slowpoke smh, Do not waste my time

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by EdoNation(f): 5:40am On Dec 02, 2017
AxxeMan:

3. Oba udagbedo
4. Oba Ohen
6. Oba Olua
9. Oba Ogbedo

Bini did not always follow the father - son tradition[/s]

grin grin grin grin I like your confidence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by macof(m): 5:42am On Dec 02, 2017
EdoNation:

you do realize you all are harming yourselves right? grin keep liking ignorant confidence

2 Likes

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by EdoNation(f): 5:42am On Dec 02, 2017
macof:

So unless you say Oranmiyan is not the father of Eweka, maybe Eweka was a bastard undecided is that what you are saying?

So unless you say Oduduwa was not the son of Ogiso Owodo of Benin Empire , maybe Oduduwa was a bastard is that what you are implying ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe by AxxeMan: 5:44am On Dec 02, 2017
EdoNation:

Thanks dear, when it comes to culture the Yoruba's are beneath me, its bitter but just the truth!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland / Moment Oba Of Lagos House Was Attacked By Mob (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.