Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Word Of God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of God? (1456 Views)

Does Science Trump The Word Of God? No Way! / The Word Of God Is Powerful! / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Word Of God? by Martinez19(m): 10:59am On Nov 22, 2017
GoodMuyis:

-1 (goat) -1 (goat) = -2 (goat)
hehe, why did type the answer to be +1
Re: Word Of God? by kevoh(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2017
GoodMuyis:

-1 (goat) -1 (goat) = -2 (goat)
There are scientific applications where negative values are needed or used. -1, -2 e.t.c and other negative numbers are real numbers (just like their positive counterparts) with real life usage in the real world that's why the teacher teaches them in the first place. e.g -1 degree Celsius is a temperature measurement telling you how cold it is. When you are about to travel to a foreign land and the weather reports tell you it is -1 degree Celsius, common sense will tell you to gather thick clothes and jacket to keep you warm.

If a kid gets confused, the teacher can demonstrate with a temperature device why -2 is cooler than -1 and how positive and negative numbers are used to describe quantities.

Any teacher teaching kids -1-1=+1 needs to be flogged or -1 (goat) -1(goat) = --2(goat) needs to be ready to demonstrate.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of God? by hahn(m): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
GoodMuyis:

I am a business man myself and I have created many website that pays my bills and support charity

Mention one major discovery- due to a text in your holy book? Am telling you noting, until ten atheist does that

Gen 1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. - This is where my major discovery lies.

Have you heard of nafarmfoods we have mage a good discovery and we are all religious people (Muslim/Christian) whose intelligence is working by God's grace

Lol

Nice site though

There is not much info on the investor option sha
Re: Word Of God? by budaatum: 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
GoodMuyis:

The first time your teacher tells you the -1-1 = +1, why did you believed?
"Your teacher" was crap. Good teachers prove it.

Can you present the evidence they gave for it please.
Re: Word Of God? by GoodMuyis(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
budaatum:
boring

Re: Word Of God? by kingvicky(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
hahn:

Yes I do and that is mostly because I think about it more than most adherents do. Most theists don't ponder over their beliefs, it's teachings and it's god often enough but for me I see it in every facet of the society especially as a Nigerian

It's good you put intuition at work, sign of being a genius but you are a rather rash one, it seems you are Militant atheist.

Assumptions. Assumptions. Typical of an average theist

Assumptions could be right, but the second party could easily deny of which you have and it's okay, doesn't necessarily mean I am right about you.

Oh but it is because these theists put their religion in my face in the name of "evangelism" and "preaching" by telling me they have the right to "spread the word"
And they made it an obligation for you to listen to their preachings? Read your line again....
Or do you lack the choice of saying 'no'?

Save this sermon for the deluded, illiterate goat herders or psychopathic and incompetent god who wrote the holy book you hold on to dearly who felt they/it had the audacity despite their/it's ignorance to state that people who do not believe are "fools"

Alright, I will tell this 'god' and the unlettered nomads that atheism is not a perfectly logical stance and why am I doing that again? For what reason do they have to note that?

Think about it for a moment. Only a dunce would believe that there is a god in the sky with a temper who loves us unconditionally but will send us to hell for not loving it but sees nothing wrong in watching women get raped, innocent children getting murdered, poverty, hunger and suffering or who believes in talking snakes, talking donkeys, flying chariots and other such nonsense.

I mean to actually believe these things are real requires either a deliberate dishonesty towards his/her own intelligence or the person is totally dunce and gullible.

Don't you think? smiley

Well, I for one have always subjected my beliefs to scrutiny. I do not hold tight as morally justifiable, the idea of suffering in an infernal realm of eternal retribution. But that is a discussion for another time.
A first cause doesn't necessarily have to be personal but there could anthropomorphic ideas about it.
I will admit, why God allows evil is what I cannot fathom. Explaining that would have us delve into theodicy..
Re: Word Of God? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
budaatum:

You are too funny, Otem using another moniker to send me PM
Re: Word Of God? by budaatum: 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
GoodMuyis:

boring
Must be some logic I don't get. Thought it might be interesting to a thermodynamist though.

I learn daily.
Re: Word Of God? by budaatum: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
dalaman:

I believed because there are mathematical laws that and involved and when applied will give you that answer.
Hey, you believed?

Explain please.
Re: Word Of God? by OtemSapien: 12:45am On Nov 24, 2017
GoodMuyis:

You are too funny, Otem using another moniker to send me PM
I am not Budaatum and I hardly send people PMs.
Re: Word Of God? by dalaman: 7:26am On Dec 04, 2017
"God allegedly created the Universe of over 2 trillion galaxies just to perform miracles in Middle East before advent of cameras in mobile phones? Interesting!"- I.M

1 Like

Re: Word Of God? by Niflheim(m): 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
Asking a christian for evidence that the bible is the word of god is like asking your buttocks to provide evidence about the murders that took place in Warsaw from 1926-1928!!!

1.A buttocks does not know the meaning of evidence(just as christians do not know the meaning of evidence)!!!

2.A buttocks does not understand the difference between facts and fiction(just as christians do not know the difference between facts and fiction)!!!

3.A buttocks does not understand science(just as most christians do not understand science)!!!

4.A buttocks is basically a "shit filled brainless entity"(just as most christians are_____________________________)!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Against Desert Spirits " Mountain Of Fire Ministries " / Which Deity Is Able To Bring Sudden Judgement & Vindicate The Innocent / Is It Possible For Someone To Believe In God But Not Believe In Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.