Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Word Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Word Of God? (1450 Views)

Does Science Trump The Word Of God? No Way! / The Word Of God Is Powerful! / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Word Of God? by dalaman: 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
Why should any unbeliever accept the bible as the word of God? What objective and irrefutable evidence does the bible provide to show that it's claims are true? On what merits should it be accepted as true?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Word Of God? by greatnaija01: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
IT IS OLDER THAN YOU. simple. and it would OUTLIVE YOU.

so dont come here and start what you can't finish.

dalaman:
Why should any unbeliever accept the bible as the word of God? What objective and irrefutable evidence does the bible provide to show that it's claims are true? On what merits should it be accepted as true?
Re: Word Of God? by hahn(m): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
First you have to be dunce.

Then you have to be very gullible to believe all the rubbish in the bible

You also have to a be good hypocrite because it takes a lot of hypocrisy to read one thing and then interpret it in another way

You also have to be self centered and lack possess a huge dose of apathy because it takes a high level of narcissism to be comfortable with the fact that your god is a psychopath who will send everyone who doesn't believe in it to hell despite it's hide and seek and also to willingly serve a god that is oblivious to world suffering

And whatever happens that you are ignorant of or can't explain just say "god did it" or "na devil cause am"

smiley

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Word Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:

what an asinine post

Koran is older than me and would outlive me

Book of Mormon is older than me and would outlive me

Vedas is older than me and would outlive me

Kitáb-i-Aqdas is older than me and would outlive me

Tripitaka (Pali Canon) is older than me and would outlive me

Mahayana Sutras is older than me and would outlive me

Tibetan Book of the Dead is older than me and would outlive me

to mention a few

books that are older than me and would outlive me are a dime a dozen

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Word Of God? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
dalaman:

we are not the people to convince me, marketers may convince u 2 buy their product with sweet mouth , but we are more of action. U are asking nairalanders, dats why u not getting answers . ask the author of the book, the right questions by the way, am confident u will get answers dat will leave u perfectly convinced.
Re: Word Of God? by DeSepiero(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

we are not the people to convince me, marketers may convince u 2 buy their product with sweet mouth , but we are more of action. U are asking nairalanders, dats why u not getting answers . ask the author of the book, the right questions by the way, am confident u will get answers dat will leave u perfectly convinced.

Authors you mean? Aren't they dead? Moses , Isaiah, Ezekiel, John, Paul etc?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Word Of God? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
the author is d HOLY SPIRIT
DeSepiero:

Re: Word Of God? by DeSepiero(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:
the author is d HOLY SPIRIT
Wrong!!! Try again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Word Of God? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2017

"WORD OF GOD"

AND IT'S BEEN "MEN" DOING THE TALKING.

YOU KNOW IT'S FALSE NEWS, WHEN A DEITY HIDES HIMSELF AWAY FROM MORE THAN 99% OF HIS SUBJECTS, FAILING TO APPEAR OR INTERVENE IN ANY OF THE TIMES HE WAS EVER CALLED UPON..

BUT GOES ON TO SPEAK TO ONLY A PARTICULAR PEOPLE, LESS THAN 1% OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN POPULATION. ISN'T THAT INSANITY?

IF I WERE THE CREATOR AND COMMANDER OF THE UNIVERSE, INSTEAD OF WHISPERING TO A FEW MEN AS GOD DOES (MOSTLY DIFFERENT, UNRELATED THINGS), I WOULD APPEAR IN THE SKIES IN SOME FORM VISIBLE TO EVERYONE. I'LL SHAKE THE LAYERS OF THE EARTH AND SHOW MY SUPREMACY OVER ALL OTHER MILLIONS OF GODS AND MAKE EVERYONE BELIEVE IN ME AT ONCE.. BUT OF COURSE, GOD'S WAYS ARE MYSTERIOUS AND NOT MAN'S WAYS.

THAT'S WHY INSTEAD OF DOING THE ABOVE, HE'S SETTLED WITH THE CHOICE OF SENDING ALL THE UNBELIEVERS TO HELL, EVEN AS THERE'S ZERO EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE.

MERCIFUL, MARVELOUS GOD INDEED.

3 Likes

Re: Word Of God? by Ioseph(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:

Zoroastrianism was OLDER than Christianity. By about 1000 years, in fact.

Why aren't you busy setting up fire temples and worshipping Zarathustra?

Your post didn't answer the OP at all. Get out if you're just going to be a fool.

4 Likes

Re: Word Of God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
dalaman:

THE BIBLE IS A WRITTEN word OF GOD THAT TESTIFY ABOUT THE LIVING WORD OF GOD...

THE BIBLE HAVE NO LIFE AND CANNOT GIVE LIFE...IT ONLY POINT AND LEAD US TO WHERE WE CAN FIND LIVE...
Re: Word Of God? by dalaman: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
DeSepiero:

Most of the authors are unknown. The books only carry pseudonames.
Re: Word Of God? by dalaman: 8:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

THE BIBLE IS A WRITTEN word OF GOD THAT TESTIFY ABOUT THE LIVING WORD OF GOD...

THE BIBLE HAVE NO LIFE AND CANNOT GIVE LIFE...IT ONLY POINT AND LEAD US TO WHERE WE CAN FIND LIVE...

How do you know that the bible is the written word of God? How did you confirm it?

2 Likes

Re: Word Of God? by dalaman: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
Let me use this syllogism by Nicolas Berggren to prove that the bible is not the word of God.

1.If the Christian God (as defined) exists, there is a being who is omnipotent, omniscient, and perfectly good. [propositonal function]
2. If there is a being who is omnipotent, omniscient, and perfectly good, his revelation is error-free, unambiguously clear, easy to understand and objectively verifiable as true. [propositional function]
3. The Bible is neither error-free, unambiguously clear, easy to understand nor objectively verifiable. [proposition based on observation]
C. Therefore Christian God does not exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Word Of God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=dalaman post=62531919]

How do you know that the bible is the written word of God? How did you confirm it? [/quote

THROUGH FAITH. I BELIEVE TO KNOW AND NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND.
Re: Word Of God? by GoodMuyis(m): 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
dalaman:

The first time your teacher tells you the -1-1 = +1, why did you believed?
Re: Word Of God? by kingvicky(m): 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
hahn:
First you have to be dunce.

Then you have to be very gullible to believe all the rubbish in the bible

You also have to a be good hypocrite because it takes a lot of hypocrisy to read one thing and then interpret it in another way

You also have to be self centered and lack possess a huge dose of apathy because it takes a high level of narcissism to be comfortable with the fact that your god is a psychopath who will send everyone who doesn't believe in it to hell despite it's hide and seek and also to willingly serve a god that is oblivious to world suffering

And whatever happens that you are ignorant of or can't explain just say "god did it" or "na devil cause am"

smiley

To be frank, you discuss myths even more than their adherents. It means you are rather too keen on removing religion and you vent your frustration since you ain't getting it.
Those who hold on to the said 'myths' as real have the right to give whatever interpretation they see fit, it is not your business how they chose to interpret their texts.
Permit me to dispel your disingenuous claims, intellect is not mutually exclusive to theism neither is atheism a perfectly logical stance. Belief and intelligence are miles apart on a comparison scale, choosing to define one based on the level of the other is like saying you only know if hamburger is delicious if you taste fufu... So choosing to believe in a holy text doesn't make one a dunce, it has no correlation with intelligence, it is a matter of choice.

2 Likes

Re: Word Of God? by hahn(m): 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
kingvicky:

To be frank, you discuss myths even more than their adherents.

Yes I do and that is mostly because I think about it more than most adherents do. Most theists don't ponder over their beliefs, it's teachings and it's god often enough but for me I see it in every facet of the society especially as a Nigerian

It means you are rather too keen on removing religion and you vent your frustration since you ain't getting it.

Assumptions. Assumptions. Typical of an average theist

Those who hold on to the said 'myths' as real have the right to give whatever interpretation they see fit, it is not your business how they chose to interpret their texts.

Oh but it is because these theists put their religion in my face in the name of "evangelism" and "preaching" by telling me they have the right to "spread the word"

Permit me to dispel your disingenuous claims, intellect is not mutually exclusive to theism neither is atheism a perfectly logical stance. Belief and intelligence are miles apart on a comparison scale, choosing to define one based on the level of the other is like saying you only know if hamburger is delicious if you taste fufu

Save this sermon for the deluded, illiterate goat herders or psychopathic and incompetent god who wrote the holy book you hold on to dearly who felt they/it had the audacity despite their/it's ignorance to state that people who do not believe are "fools"

... So choosing to believe in a holy text doesn't make one a dunce, it has no correlation with intelligence, it is a matter of choice.

Think about it for a moment. Only a dunce would believe that there is a god in the sky with a temper who loves us unconditionally but will send us to hell for not loving it but sees nothing wrong in watching women get raped, innocent children getting murdered, poverty, hunger and suffering or who believes in talking snakes, talking donkeys, flying chariots and other such nonsense.

I mean to actually believe these things are real requires either a deliberate dishonesty towards his/her own intelligence or the person is totally dunce and gullible.

Don't you think? smiley

1 Like

Re: Word Of God? by hahn(m): 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
kingvicky

Choosing to be stupid doesn't make you wise, does it? smiley
Re: Word Of God? by Scholar8200(m): 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
dalaman:
The God it Reveals has transformed lives and communities! Not by long therapy but in a moment. Besides, the promises and prophecies therein are true.

But we need differentiate here:
Is the seeker an unbeliever or an ex-believer.

Reason being that, the latter, like some folks on this forum, are likely to relate with the Bible based on their pent-up rage/bitterness/anger (one even said it takes a dunce to believe the Bible: generalisation re-defined! we have professors, intellectuals etc who believe the Bible, what then?) or whatever it is that makes them so, against the Bible.

Now, an unbeliever (even ex-believers) that seeks with an open heart (and not on a revenge mission) will find:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Strobel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Word Of God? by xpmode(m): 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
kingvicky:

To be frank, you discuss myths even more than their adherents. It means you are rather too keen on removing religion and you vent your frustration since you ain't getting it.
Permit me to dispel your disingenuous claims, intellect is not mutually exclusive to theism neither is atheism a perfectly logical stance. Belief and intelligence are miles apart on a comparison scale, choosing to define one based on the level of the other is like saying you only know if hamburger is delicious if you taste fufu... So choosing to believe in a holy text doesn't make one a dunce, it has no correlation with intelligence, it is a matter of choice.

Next time mark his name hahn, he has severally respond to text in uncivilised manner and with less decorum. Discussion with him is a waste of LIFE not only time. meanwhile I love your last line

1 Like

Re: Word Of God? by hahn(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
xpmode:

Next time mark his name hahn, he has severally respond to text in uncivilised manner and with less decorum. Discussion with him is a waste of LIFE not only time. meanwhile I love your last line

Why won't you love his last line considering your lack of intelligence smiley

1 Like

Re: Word Of God? by xpmode(m): 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
hahn:

Why won't you love his last line considering your lack of intelligence smiley

Must you mention me, am not talking to you, bye
Re: Word Of God? by dalaman: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
GoodMuyis:

I believed because there are mathematical laws that and involved and when applied will give you that answer.
Re: Word Of God? by hahn(m): 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
xpmode:

Must you mention me, am not talking to you, bye

Next time don't mention me deludy

1 Like

Re: Word Of God? by budaatum: 12:18am On Nov 22, 2017
dalaman:
It's simple really. Read it as if it were the word of god, but be delighted that you don't believe in gods. After all, you've hopefully read a lot of fiction, haven't you? Did you believe the fictitious stories you read? Did you not learn from them?

I love books too much not to love the bible. In it's day, it would be the equivalent of handing everyone a library of books. How can that be a bad thing? But like everything, bad people will turn it to their advantage. And is that not the amazing story depicted in the story of the Garden of Eden?

"Ye shall not surely die, For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." And did they die? Surely not. But they who would turn it to their advantage twist it and claim they died by claiming dying does not mean what anyone would think it meant! If only people could think for themselves instead of claiming a 'Moses' should go up the mountain, for they themselves are not worthy of being in the presence of God!

Read further on and the stories in the Gospels put more flesh on the word. Is it not obvious that the Pharisees were copying the god of the Garden of Eden? A serpent comes along, except this time, those who know now call him the Messiah. 'Know ye not ye are gods', he claims, but this time, just so you don't get it, the quibble is over the size of the letter 'g' in the word god!

The merit of pudding is in its eating, some say.

"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." Please tell me that is not one of the truest statements you have ever heard!

It is the "Word of God" if you put on godly lenses when you read it. Without them, its at best, a good story book. But God save us from the believing sorts.
Re: Word Of God? by GoodMuyis(m): 7:49am On Nov 22, 2017
dalaman:

I believed because there are mathematical laws that and involved and when applied will give you that answer.

I know where you are going and your was wrong. The mathematical laws you stated is biased to favour expected result. why should you introduce division when solving for debt of -1
At the primary/elementary level any -ve number is regarded as borrow and that is biased toward not confusing the kids brain.

Since you introduce law, I will also continue on that. For anyone accept the bible as the word of God, he must follow some spiritual law and evidence of spiritual activities.
An the mathematical law you talk about, you did not understand at first but had to accept it. Its only further study that you discovered the fact

On what merits should it be accepted as true? If it reading it with open mindedness and it affect your life +ve
Re: Word Of God? by GoodMuyis(m): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2017
hahn being an atheist, can you kindly show us the work your own intelligence has produce.
Like some kind of book you wrote or device invented (even if it is prototype)
Re: Word Of God? by hahn(m): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2017
GoodMuyis:
hahn being an atheist, can you kindly show us the work your own intelligence has produce.
Like some kind of book you wrote or device invented (even if it is prototype)

I am a business man and I manage a website that pays my bills

Also, my wife recently gave birth to a bouncing baby boy

All these thing were achieved without the belief in god

PS: I am not a writer nor a scientist

smiley

Can you mention one major discovery that has been made due to a text in your holy book? smiley
Re: Word Of God? by Martinez19(m): 10:27am On Nov 22, 2017
GoodMuyis:

- 1-1=-2 undecided

1 Like

Re: Word Of God? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:30am On Nov 22, 2017
hahn:

I am a business man and I manage a website that pays my bills
Also, my wife recently gave birth to a bouncing baby boy
All these thing were achieved without the belief in god

PS: I am not a writer nor a scientist
Can you mention one major discovery that has been made due to a text in your holy book?

I am a business man myself and I have created many website that pays my bills and support charity

Mention one major discovery- due to a text in your holy book? Am telling you noting, until ten atheist does that

Gen 1:3 - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. - This is where my major discovery lies.

Have you heard of nafarmfoods we have mage a good discovery and we are all religious people (Muslim/Christian) whose intelligence is working by God's grace
Re: Word Of God? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:32am On Nov 22, 2017
Martinez19:
- 1-1=-2 undecided

-1 (goat) -1 (goat) = -2 (goat)

(1) (2) (Reply)

''Are Ye Not As Children of the Ethiopians unto me, O Children of Israel?'' / All Christians Will Go To Hell, See Why With Undeniable Evidence. / Why Do People Tell Lies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.