Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? (1714 Views)

What Does "The Wages Of Sin Is Death" Really Means / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Confession Of Sexual Sins At Bishop Obinim's Church By Members (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
Is he right? undecided

False teachings that are destroying Christianity are:

1) No repentance.
2) No Confession.
3) No ask for forgiveness.
4) Live as you like.
5) Hyper grace aka sin all you like because grace covers it so you cannot lose salvation.

Why is all this bad? It takes away the fear of God.

Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.
Ps 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Prov 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Prov 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Prov 15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
Is 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Is 33:6 And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure.

And the other end of it. When the unsaved see us live as bad as they do. Then we say you are going to hell but because I'm saved I'm not. They look upon us as hypocrites. Because we refuse to live what we preach and make Christ look like He died to condone sin instead of forgive sin.

Don't believe me? Watch how many are going to comment below in defense of the 5 things I listed and some may even cuss me out for pointing it out.

~ Issac

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionIsALie/

1 Share

Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
Is Repentance by works?

"I was listening to this preacher preach on repentance and he stated that repentance means to (turn). And if it does mean to turn from something that means you are doing something to gain salvation. My mind goes to the thief on the cross. Did he repent of his sins or did he just believe that God is who He says He is?" Gabriel D. Menchaca

Repentance does mean to turn, but what the folks who call repentance "works" forget, is that it is God who grants repentance (see 2 Timothy 2:25). The irony with them is that they call repentance a work, but they give the necessary "believing" a pass.

When the thief on the cross said, "We are here justly" was he saying that Roman law was just--that their sentence was right and good? I very much doubt that he was saying that it was good for someone who had stolen to be put to death by crucifixion. Rather, he had heard the words of Jesus and understood that it was God's Law that he had violated, and like David who was caught in his sin, he justified God rather than himself (see Psalm 51:4). He was repentant towards God. Then he turned to Jesus and said, "Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

That's what all do who come to Christ. We see our sin in the light of the Savior's words and humbly yield to Him as Lord. It was His words in the Sermon on the Mount that showed me I had violated God's Law, and with the hymn-writer I said, "By God's Word at last my sin I learned, then I trembled at the Law I had spurned, till my guilty soul imploring turned, to Calvary."

Repentance is a turning from sin (with God's help) to the Savior. The thief was saved by grace, through faith, without works, as all are who come to Christ.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort5 19 November 2014 at 14:00 ยท www.livingwaters.com
Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Is he right? undecided

REPENTANCE MEANS CHANGING ONES MIND/BELIEVE. FOR INSTANCE: JEHOVAH WITNESS USE TO BELIEVE CHRIST IS A CREATED BEING.

SUDDENLY, THEY START BELIEVING THAT CHRIST IS NOT A CREATED BEING, AND THAT HE IS THE CREATOR.

REPENTANCE HAS TAKEN PLACE THROUGH THEIR CHANGE OF BELIEVE.

1 Like

Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
Repentance from sin comes from God because a man cannot stop sinning it is like telling a lion to stop feeding on flesh and starts eating grass.

it is Christ that saves.
Repentance simply mean change of mind.
Repentance is needed for salvation, it is the means a sinner reaches out to the saviour.

A man is dead in sin and cannot save himself.
Repentance is not a promise to abstain from sin and live a righteous life but acknowledging your sinful condition and inability to save yourself and accepting the saviour.
Only JESUS CAN SAVE A MAN FROM SIN ALL A MAN NEED TO DO IS TO CALL ON HIM!

Repentance is a change of heart to receive Jesus Christ the saviour.
Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Is he right? undecided

confession of sin is not necessary when a man has believed on the Lord Jesus has repented
Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2018
solite3:

confession of sin is not necessary when a man has believed on the Lord Jesus has repented

Do you believe Proverbs 28:13? It is incumbent on us not only to confess our sins but also the sins of our nations.
Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe Proverbs 28:13? It is incumbent on us not only to confess our sins but also the sins of our nations.
when it comes to having eternal life confession of sins is not necessary.
It is a free gift
But when it comes to intercession confession of sins is necessary.
also for a believer confession and turning away from specific sins as revealed by the Holy Spirit is necessary to avert the consequences and to enjoy God's presence.

repentance for an unbeliever is a change of heart concerning sin and toward God, that sin is awful and has an everlasting consequence and that he is guilty, and also that he cannot save himself but only need help, it is that help he gets from Christ through the Sacrifice of Jesus his sins will be forgiven him and have eternal life.
Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by Primesky(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

REPENTANCE MEANS CHANGING ONES MIND/BELIEVE. FOR INSTANCE: JEHOVAH WITNESS USE TO BELIEVE CHRIST IS A CREATED BEING.

SUDDENLY, THEY START BELIEVING THAT CHRIST IS NOT A CREATED BEING, AND THAT HE IS THE CREATOR.

REPENTANCE HAS TAKEN PLACE THROUGH THEIR CHANGE OF BELIEVE.

Have the Jehovah witnesses really stopped believing that lie like you said?. I ask because their members on nairaland here are still very much upholding that believe, misquoting and misinterpreting scriptures to justify their believe.
Re: Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? by Primesky(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2018
I think he is wrong going by what God said in the bible.

Let's be careful people, that we're in a period of grace does not mean we can live any how. Common experience should teach us that.

If you offend your friend or spouse or whoever you're in a relationship with, whether it was intentional or not, isn't it normal for you to say sorry for the wrong you did?. Do you say o, because he's my paddy man, no need?. What nonsense is that?. If your friend offends you, and fails to apologize even when he realises his mistakes, what will you say, it means he did it deliberately to hurt you. Do you do such to the one you love?. Hasn't such occurrences ruined once thriving relationships?.

Then let's look at what the Lord said in the bible.

Ezekiel 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Again, why did the Bible warn us to watch lest we fall?. So if you then fall, how do you get up?.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Was the above warning to unbelievers or to believers?. Obviously, it's for believers!.

The doctrine of once said, always saved is false, absolutely!. Otherwise the above scripture wouldn't be necessary.

We must take heed not to misapply grace.

Grace is free, but grace is not cheap. Don't make grace what it's not!.

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Seun Osewa / What If Christians Missionaries Didn't Come To Africa? / Why Did Jesus Tell His Disciples To Buy Sword?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.