Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" (43181 Views)

How Yorubas Made Lagos Former Capital To 7th Largest Economy In Africa / Indigenes Of Anambra Made Lagos What It Is Today - Governor Obiano. / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by aribisala0(m): 7:00am On Nov 21, 2017
Ugosample:

As old as you are, you should have common sense to know that without oil sales, !there will be literally NO forex to finance our huge import bill. Heck, we import 90% of our consumables, from rice, to phones to laptops even ground nut oil, frozen chicken even our petrol, fvcking petrol , and many other things that we use here.
Without oil money, let's see how $30b a year will finance all these Needs of a country of day 160m people

Without oil money too, fg, at least in the short to medium term range will not have allocation to give States, who in turn will not be able to pay state workers and do other things, and the ripple effect will kill all Nigerian states, even Lagos, Osun will be dead, Oyo will ne finished, ogun go kpeme etc.

It's only those who are not economists that will be downplaying the important role oil plays in our economy

See how Nigeria almost sank in the first quarter of 2016.

Let oil be $20 a barrel for three months, then Nigeria will see herself
I do not come to Nairaland to teach illiterates English
I have not downplayed the importance of oil. It is a fact that in 2016 oil earnings was $26 billion
It is also a fact that diaspora remittance of FOREX via "official" channels was$21 billion. That is saying it as it really is not downplaying
Oil is not more important to Nigerians (over 100million of them) than the cassava they plant
How many Nigerians see the oil.
The reality is that most Nigerians are dirt poor and even $200 oil makes no difference this is particularly true in the Niger Delta
If agriculture was wiped out overnight in Nigeria or oil was wiped out overnight which would have the greatest impact on the greatest number of Nigerians

It is very important to a small number of Nigerians and makes no difference to most
so please do not use me for practice#
if you want to publish a book look for a publisher and stop talking rubbish at me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by TedBaker(m): 7:20am On Nov 21, 2017
holysainbj:

Next time, try an argument devoid of insult and hate. You can make a very valid point without insults that's what I mean, Goodluck
Get lost u hating on Lagos. The richest amongst Lagos and an Anambra will not be found in the first 50, so stop lying, help me tell day to ur governor. #Ojukokoro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by enitiObanke(m): 7:24am On Nov 21, 2017
nengibo:
Its has already been established as a no mans land, that is why there are Igbo & urhobos in the state house of assembly

All these dumb things you folks are saying, wait till 2019, BAT the Jagaban of South West politics is waiting to reset una head for una all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by oodualover: 8:02am On Nov 21, 2017
nonsobaba:
That's because our resources in the East contributed to developing it when it was the federal capital before it was handed over to afonjas to manage and they started spoiling the whole place with their shanties and rusted, brown zinc roof architecture. So, we are there to renew the mega slum before afonjas turn our investment fully into another Ibadan.
This is typical iboland. Go and develop it. Does your god forsaken land not receive federal allocation?
Pauper

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by oodualover: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2017
Electricdanger:

Trash from a frustrated upper Iweka village tout. Why can't you replicate same development in your cursed village instead of running away from there. You all run away from your cursed land daily to the SW yet you spewing trash online. You are disgrace to your late parents.
You should have asked him which resources in Ibo land was used to develop Lagos. Besides, does iboland not receive federal allocation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by doctorexcel: 9:48am On Nov 21, 2017
You are a SENIOR FOOL sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Duru009(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2017
zanogo:

you must be one good estate surveyor!!! Am not surprised, if a governor can make a stupid statement, i dont expect the populace to fare better, but be warned!!! people always have their resistance limit. the moment a hardcore pro yoruba leader ( governor) who gives no shit about political correctness is installed in lagos, you will know that you and your people are economic refugees in lagos........and it will be too late to beg because all cautions will be thrown to the wind.Only a fool threatens a man on his land.

Mind you, My uncle is a big time estate n property agent in banana island, Ikoyi, Victoria island, lekki and ikeja. Most billion n millionare naire properties in this location are owned by Igbo's.95% of his customers are Igbo's.

Am not an Igbo man, but this is the simple truth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Reussite: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2017
T'is quite a shame that Obiano has joined in this baseless & senseless comment. Dude should just focus on replicating all he wants in Lagos in Anambra. Its that simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by tammie24: 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
michael142:
Why una nor go make Anambra and other igbo states great? Why una dey claim say na una make Lagos? Igbo have the highest number of prostitutes in Nigeria. Una suppose bury una face in shame. Before you call me Afonja, I'm an Urhobo boy from Warri
correct guy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

General A.A Adekoya Visits Obasanjo (Pictures) / Kogi SDP Guber Candidate, Ajaka, Escapes Assassination As Campaign Turns Violent / Confusion In Akure Over Whereabouts Of Agagu's Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.