Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Living In Fiji Island - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Fiji Island (10890 Views)

My Horrible Experience In Fiji island / My Horrible Experience In Fiji Ireland / Any Nigerian Citizen Living In Egypt Or Libya?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In Fiji Island by Imeobong(m): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2010
Dear NLder's,

Please I need advice for my cousin that has sold everything he has laboured for and is about traveling to Fiji Island. All his life, he have been dreaming of living and working overseas, just last xmas, an old time friend of his came in from that part of the world (Island of Tonga) though the guy was not looking bad, I do not know how he is doing over there, and what his means of lifelywood is. So its this his old friend that is now linking him to Fiji Island as Nigeria falls in thier List of visa exempted countries.
So my question are: ( I will print all the responds for him)

Is this country (Fiji Island) better than Nigeria?, will he not regret selling all he has laboured for after arriving there?, can he make it there with hard work? what about job opportunities for both skilled and unskilled foreigners? and whats thier official Language?
Pls your advise will be appreciated
Re: Living In Fiji Island by omega25red(m): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2010
fiji is in the middle of no where but has the best beaches in the world and i know that they do speak english, i would absolutely vacation there.

MrBrownjay might be able to help with better info.

1 Like

Re: Living In Fiji Island by Imeobong(m): 9:11pm On Mar 24, 2010
omega25red:

fiji is in the middle of no where but has the best beaches in the world and i know that they do speak english, i would absolutely vacation there.

MrBrownjay might be able to help with better info.

MrBrownjay pls advise
Re: Living In Fiji Island by easylogic(m): 9:52pm On Mar 24, 2010
I would not advice your friend to go to fiji,from what i have researched on fiji.First,therd was a milititary coup in fiji in 2006,and now the country is run by a military dictator.the economy is doing bad,infact the economy shrank by 6.6% percent in 2006.it grew by only 1% last year,and since the coup,unemployment is very high.What makes things worse is the EU has cut aid to fiji,and Australia does not have any diplomatic relations with fiji.There is no Australian consulate in fiji,and even with a fiji passport you will still be required to apply for a visa in person at the nearest Aussie co nsulate.

Your friend should think twice,a country run by a military dictator might not be the best place to be an illegal immigrant,since such leaders are known to be very ruthless with little regard to sanctity of human life.
Re: Living In Fiji Island by Imeobong(m): 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2010
easylogic:

I would not advice your friend to go to fiji,from what i have researched on fiji.First,therd was a milititary coup in fiji in 2006,and now the country is run by a military dictator.the economy is doing bad,infact the economy shrank by 6.6% percent in 2006.it grew by only 1% last year,and since the coup,unemployment is very high.What makes things worse is the EU has cut aid to fiji,and Australia does not have any diplomatic relations with fiji.There is no Australian consulate in fiji,and even with a fiji passport you will still be required to apply for a visa in person at the nearest Aussie co nsulate.

Your friend should think twice,a country run by a military dictator might not be the best place to be an illegal immigrant,since such leaders are known to be very ruthless with little regard to sanctity of human life.

@ easylogic
You said it all, thanks very much, I will print this and show him, more response pls, who knows, u might be saving this young man's life/future
Re: Living In Fiji Island by easylogic(m): 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2010
Your welcome.tell him to forget about it.if he really has to get out of Nigeria by all means,better look at the caribean countries,belize,bahamas,panama or St.kitts and nevis.i don't know if they are visa free,but their visa's should not be that difficult to obtain.
Re: Living In Fiji Island by 360command: 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2010
@easylogic nice one,you have said it all.i had wanted to go to fiji isle but it all happened to be that there was a coup that took place there,then i chilled behind to know more about the situation ,later i discovered that things was no more as it used to be in terms of jobs most especially,i withdrew.fiji isle ,a good tourist haven.
Re: Living In Fiji Island by snowdrops(m): 11:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
Forget, its a lovely place. My mechanic comes from there and has given me great reviews of the place. I have done my own research as well.  Main industry is tourism. Crime rate very low.  Sunny weather, nice beaches, lovely ladies. Its a mini-eldorado.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Explore Nigeria- Africa's Heartbeat / How To Make Payment To International Schools - Help Needed Urgently!!! / I Have 2m Naira, Please Which European Country Can I Relocate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.