Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Things That Unites Us - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Things That Unites Us (816 Views)

The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. / For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Woman Thought To Be Dead Re-unites With Her Family After 35 Years. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Irrespective of how diverse we are by virtue of ethnicity, religion, socioeconomic status and other social barriers, there are events that we have all experienced at one point in our life, and these events are the things that joins us together. They are:
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
1. You go to bed in the day and wake up in the evening. You are confused and can't seem to tell what the time of the day is. You walk outside and try to get your bearings, but you still can't tell the time of the day. Awkward huh?
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
2. You are back from school totally tired, exhausted and hungry. All you want is a warm meal to compensate for a day's hard job. You walk up to mum and ask her with pleasing eyes for some food. She points to the far end of the corridor. Even as she raises her hand, you are practically flying towards direction. But just before you reach your destination, mum drops the bombshell: "that's the beans I bought from the market. Help me select and put it on fire. When you are done, peel the yam beside the cupboard."
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
3. You are lying on the sofa bored out of your mind. Suddenly BEDC restores power. You jump up on impulse and make a quick dash for the TV. But mum interrupts and stops you in your tracks; she wants you to do your chores. You are torn between obeying mum and watching your favourite movie. In the end, mum wins. You are outside doing the dishes and using the sound emanating from the refrigerator as a way of checking whether power is still intact. You get caught up in your little job and forget yourself. Somehow you come back to reality but as you try to continue from where you stopped, you realise everywhere is suprisingly calm. That cold feeling of dread that settles on you.
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
4. You are broke as hell and have only 100 naira worth of airtime in your mobile which you intend to use for subscription. Mtn now decides to Bleep with you and deducts the sum of 0.1naira from it. You are now left with a useless 99.9naira. You just want to cry.
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
5. It's day time. You broke one of mum's commandments. She comes at you but you make a run for it. You chat and play all the while with your friends, forgetting the problem you had earlier caused. Dusk begins to set in. One by one, your friends start leaving for their homes until you are left alone. The day becomes darker and how lonely you feel.
Re: The Things That Unites Us by xmileeasy: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Waiting for you patiently after buying all the plots of land.
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
6. That awkward moment when you are thoroughly searching for an item completely unware that you are grasping said item in your hands. You search and search but you still can't find it. Frustration begins to register in your countenance. Until somecall calls your attention to it. You just feel like strangling yourself.

Or, you are outside, prepared and set to leave for whatever engagement. As you take the first step, you suddenly realise there's an important item you left behind. You return back into the house to retrieve the item but you have forgotten what item, or you have even forgotten what made you come back to the house in the first place.
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
7. This one is peculiar to those who often patronise food vendors. This is what happens. You are really hungry and sends your loyal sibling to go and buy you rice, beans & stew at Mama Ejiro's place. She returns back shortly and says stew is still on fire. You excercise patience for a while and sends her again. She returns the second time and says stew is ready but beans is finished. By now a mountain of exasperation is beginning to build up inside you. Out of hunger induced annoyance, you again tell her to buy the rice & stew so you will manage it. Unfortunately, she returns the third time with same bad news saying a customer just bought the remaining food. I can only imagine the great plans you have for Mama Ejiro.
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
xmileeasy:
Waiting for you patiently after buying all the plots of land.
Lol. I want the series of posts I am about to upload to follow a straight line, but apparently, you just disrupted the process.
Re: The Things That Unites Us by xmileeasy: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
NameLezz:

Lol. I want the series of posts I am about to upload to follow a straight line, but apparently, you just disrupted the process.

Sorry about disrupting the flow, waiting for the full posts.

Anyway the plot of land is still for sale to the highest bidder. grin grin grin
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
xmileeasy:

Sorry about disrupting the flow, waiting for the full posts.

Anyway the plot of land is still for sale to the highest bidder. grin grin grin
No harm done. smiley
Re: The Things That Unites Us by ElsonMorali: 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lol. Glad I'm not the only one That's experienced Most of that sh1t. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Things That Unites Us by ElsonMorali: 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
How about this,

Saturday morning, bored as hell, phone battery flat, laptop dead, No power, eeverywhere dark.

You're thinking of taking a stroll when suddenly your fridge chugs to life and you hear some random shout outside "up NEPA!!"

You jump up, connect your phones and laptop chargers in that order, rush to the living room to put on the telly before you miss your favourite program, you sit cross legged and press the remote button. Nothing!

Suddenly you realize everywhere is quiet and realize what just happened. You take a deep breathe and walk back to your room quietly to lie down. embarassed embarassed cry
Re: The Things That Unites Us by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
ElsonMorali:
How about this,

Saturday morning, bored as hell, phone battery flat, laptop dead, No power, eeverywhere dark.

You're thinking of taking a stroll when suddenly your fridge chugs to life and you hear some random shout outside "up NEPA!!"

You jump up, connect your phones and laptop chargers in that order, rush to the living room to put on the telly before you miss your favourite program, you sit cross legged and press the remote button. Nothing!

Suddenly you realize everywhere is quiet and realize what just happened. You take a deep breathe and walk back to your room quietly to lie down. embarassed embarassed cry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who can give me the "just kill me meme"?

1 Like

Re: The Things That Unites Us by ElsonMorali: 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
NameLezz:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who can give me the "just kill me meme"?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Man Recounts His Encounter With A Lady And Her Housemaid At A Restaurant / Quote of the day / Legal Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.