Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. (15003 Views)

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
We all engage in borrow in one way or the other since no man is an island.......but Some
people own too muchgrin.

Share your thoughts about this.......How do you handle neighbors that borrow and. not want to return even though they know you're in need of that particular something.

Happy Sunday nl.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Nazgul: 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2023
fineberry:
We all engage in borrow in one way or the other since no man is an island.......but Some
people own too muchgrin.

Share your thoughts about this.......How do you handle neighbors that borrow and. not want to return even though they know you're in need of that particular something.

Happy Sunday nl.
It's during my schooling days I experienced this in my lodge.

Someone must knock on your door to borrow either onion, Maggi, pepper, matches, indomine, garri, gas cooker, pure water, condom...etc. grin

Students sha Sabi borrow.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by talented321: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
Normal'' many of them when time to return what they borrowed they will just turn it into enemity.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by saintkeppy(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Borrowed lighter or matches & never returned, back then in school my neighbor borrowed my camp gas cooker to boil beans &the gas reduced drastically.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2023
Me I don't even have problem with borrowing something I know is not refundable; but why borrow something you know that lender will still need but refuse to return.....na that one dey pain me pass
Nazgul:

Someone must knock on your door to borrow either onion, Maggi, pepper, matches, indomine, garri, gas cooker, pure water, condom...etc. grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Comdom ke grin grin grin
Nazgul:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2023
saintkeppy:
Borrowed lighter or matches & never returned, back then in school my neighbor borrowed my camp gas cooker to boil beans &the gas reduced drastically.

Gas is no no for me o. Unless what you're using it for is not long

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Nazgul: 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2023
fineberry:
Comdom ke grin grin grin
Don't tell me that your lodge mate hasn't knocked on your room by 12am to ask if you have condom. Na normal thing for student hostel.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2023
Obouye....No o
Nazgul:

Don't tell me that your lodge mate hasn't knocked on your room by 12am to ask if you have condom. Na normal thing for student hostel.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Nazgul: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
fineberry:
Obouye....No o
Did you school in a private university?
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
No .... federal poly actually
Nazgul:

Did you school in a private university?
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Nazgul: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2023
fineberry:
No .... federal poly actually
And you lived off campus in a student lodge?
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by fineberry(m): 12:51am On Aug 07, 2023
Nazgul:

And you lived off campus in a student lodge?
exactly bro........you be prophet o
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Newborn27(f): 5:09am On Aug 07, 2023
This is normal and inevitable if you're still an undergraduate.

Buy if you happened to be a graduate or married person....kindly change your environment and up your game.

You are what you attract!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
What manner of neighbors y'all be having

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by wunmi590(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2023

I've never had a neighbour that would borrow from me and not return immediately after use...

Even when I was in school 🏫, it has never happened...

I set my boundaries, if I borrow you and you don't return, you won't see it next time...

Most of the things I only borrow out when I was in school then was pressing iron and hot plate....

From my own part, I don't borrow people's things...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Treasure17(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
Not in my habit to borrow things.

4 Likes

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by 7demons: 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin grin grin cheesy embarassed

8 Likes

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Offpoint1: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Borrowed stuff dey sweet abeg grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Triangles1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
That's a sign of bad neighbor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by GoodRocks: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Damn!

Years ago in school, my god-damned neighbor borrowed my power bank and that was the end of that power Bank. Werey converted it to his own

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by AmadorSays: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
Very annoying and bad habit, always forgetting how they were begging when the needed the thing in the first place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by onoms4luv(m): 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2023
I nor go ask you but that's the end

3 Likes

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by blaquemyc: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Exmilitant(m): 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
oops this post just remind me. i loaned my neighbour's spade to weed my surroundings last Saturday.
I forgot to return it... heck i didn't even clean it up! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by AllBlack: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Very common. I find it easier to say a well shaped NO so as to avoid future stress.
Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by MatrixReloaded: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
When you live large, borrow pose become a thing of past, An Island become a carribean vacation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by hansomb: 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
Because there reward system (dopamine /pleasure) is low/down after satisfying there immediate desire . Same with people who borrow money, etc. It takes someone with high (serotonin/happiness) to return things back because he's thinking of his future needs not immediate needs. Just my scientific/biological explanation.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Desammyst(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
As much as we talk about the ones that others borrow from us, let's also talk about the ones we borrow from others and never return.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Things About Some Neighbors Borrowing Things And Not Return It. by Kingpele(m): 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Wow I only have one friend that always send me back my money whenever I borrowed him money he's a doctor...now others will borrow and won't pay up now whenever anyone approaches me to borrow money..I give whatever I can afford to give up and that's all...the reason is simply things are very hard for so many people in this country and we keep up with our wicked politicians...some might want to pay up but unable to pay back...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Reasons Why That "Court Marriage " Might Not Be The Solution / Parents Pranked Their Kids With A Playstation 5 Present (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.