Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! (1249 Views)

Pls Advise!!! Between Dubai And Uk / Pls Advise Me / Pls Advise!!! From Dubai To Canada Or USA?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello all,
pls kindly advise. I know so many topics relating to this must have been asked in d past. maybe this will help refresh the memories of those who will probably also need dis piece.

I studied Mech engring but have been in the banking industry since 4yrs now.

just recently, av gotten an appotunity to legally travel and probably remain in d USA.
by the grace of God, I have saved a lot for it both for myself and wife to be. So financial aspect is settled.

Although I earn a decent pay here at the moment.

Would u all advise I migrate or remain?
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by ayourbamie: 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
If your pay is decent and u r comfortable with it, I see no reason why you should travel abroad to hustle unless There's a decent job waiting for u there

2 Likes

Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by iamgenius(m): 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
Know that Naija job at times doesn't last. I pray you become bigger wherever you are, Naija or abroad.

My advice is you go to US, but be aware that you will have to endure any problem you might face there. I pray you don't.

If your visa is PR type, things will be easier compare to if you go with a Visitor Visa. Unless you know your way out to secure a PR asap. If possible after you get PR in the States migrate to Canada. Everything is more comfortable there than the US.

Beware of Scammers, Naija SCAMMERS use JOB, TRAVELLING ABROAD AND EDUCATION to scam Nigerians.
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
ayourbamie:
If your pay is decent and u r comfortable with it, I see no reason why you should travel abroad to hustle unless There's a decent job waiting for u there

tnx a lot for ur input. pls also be aware this is a long dream and its almost impossible to say no without concrete reason.
no one can retire on banking job if u know what I mean.
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
iamgenius:
Know that Naija job at times doesn't last. I pray you become bigger wherever you are, Naija or abroad.

My advice is you go to US, but be aware that you will have to endure any problem you might face there. I pray you don't.

If your visa is PR type, things will be easier compare to if you go with a Visitor Visa. Unless you know your way out to secure a PR asap. If possible after you get PR in the States migrate to Canada. Everything is more comfortable there than the US.

Beware of Scammers, Naija SCAMMERS use JOB, TRAVELLING ABROAD AND EDUCATION to scam Nigerians.

I really appreciate dis.
I havnt thought about the possibility of emigrating out of the US. but will surely give it a thought.
My challenge here mostly is I don't know how challenging it will be to travel with my wife at first. any input on this? like I stated earlier, the resources won't be a challenge
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by iamgenius(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
marksburg:

I really appreciate dis.
I havnt thought about the possibility of emigrating out of the US. but will surely give it a thought.
My challenge here mostly is I don't know how challenging it will be to travel with my wife at first. any input on this? like I stated earlier, the resources won't be a challenge
I can't really talk much about your going with your wife the first time. I'll only talk in general. Some ladies are tend to adopt the way of some people(Ladies mostly) living abroad. The way of some people is ONE KID ONE FATHER.
If your wife is a very hardworking and loyal person you'll be glad you take her along.

Some low thinking ladies see the sweetness of living abroad where the woman has higher priority than men. And a place where they will be free, in the sense that; if they need job they can easily get it to cater for themselves and their kids. So they see themselves as independent from any man.

If you are the type who can remain faithful to her and not forgetting her here, I advice you go first( that is if you think the negative might happen, I PRAY IT DOESN'T HAPPEN). Then you'll study the situations of the environment whether it's safe to join you or not( I pray it's safe).
Be aware that you can also be carried away by some sugar ladies there. lol. Believe in yourself Sir.

3 Likes

Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
marksburg:
Hello all,
pls kindly advise. I know so many topics relating to this must have been asked in d past. maybe this will help refresh the memories of those who will probably also need dis piece.

just recently, av gotten an appotunity to legally travel and probably remain in d USA.
by the grace of God, I have saved a lot for it both for myself and wife to be. So financial aspect is settled.

See what you are offered on a platter of gold and you are still asking question?

I think pidgin2 will have a good answer to share at her disposal
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by ifegy: 1:12am On Nov 22, 2017
marksburg:
Hello all,

You obtained a non-immigrant visa for visiting purposes and wish to not just visit, but remain, in the USA. Very bad idea. You are a trained, experienced professional. There are several countries which provide opportunities open for such individuals to immigrate legally, allowing you to live, work, travel, study, raise your family and access whatever social services are available, i.e., live the life you really want. You should spend time researching skilled immigration (there are some threads on nairaland- Canada, Australia, etc.) and work toward that. It will take more time and effort than taking the next available flight on your current visa, but it will get you to your ultimate goal.

3 Likes

Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 2:13am On Nov 22, 2017
ifegy:

You obtained a non-immigrant visa for visiting purposes and wish to not just visit, but remain, in the USA. Very bad idea. You are a trained, experienced professional. There are several countries which provide opportunities open for such individuals to immigrate legally, allowing you to live, work, travel, study, raise your family and access whatever social services are available, i.e., live the life you really want. You should spend time researching skilled immigration (there are some threads on nairaland- Canada, Australia, etc.) and work toward that. It will take more time and effort than taking the next available flight on your current visa, but it will get you to your ultimate goal.

insightful!
Thing about skilled immigration is It has to be profession aligned with course of study if am not wrong. Av studied that part for a while and think I should take this opportunity now.

However, am not sure if I have stated the visa type anywhr on this thread. tnx for the info anyway. will be helpful.
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 2:24am On Nov 22, 2017
iamgenius:

I can't really talk much about your going with your wife the first time. I'll only talk in general. Some ladies are tend to adopt the way of some people(Ladies mostly) living abroad. The way of some people is ONE KID ONE FATHER.
If your wife is a very hardworking and loyal person you'll be glad you take her along.

Some low thinking ladies see the sweetness of living abroad where the woman has higher priority than men. And a place where they will be free, in the sense that; if they need job they can easily get it to cater for themselves and their kids. So they see themselves as independent from any man.

If you are the type who can remain faithful to her and not forgetting her here, I advice you go first( that is if you think the negative might happen, I PRAY IT DOESN'T HAPPEN). Then you'll study the situations of the environment whether it's safe to join you or not( I pray it's safe).
Be aware that you can also be carried away by some sugar ladies there. lol. Believe in yourself Sir.

At a time, it seems almost impossible to stay away from Nl..lol
Yes! I can stay faithful. but I think she can almost not live without me. The thought that she stays alone while am away is also a big trauma.
So basically, having the means is not enof. I should go out and try out the atmosphere. Noted! tnx a lot

1 Like

Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by ifegy: 3:11am On Nov 22, 2017
marksburg:

insightful!
Thing about skilled immigration is It has to be profession aligned with course of study if am not wrong. Av studied that part for a while and think I should take this opportunity now.

However, am not sure if I have stated the visa type anywhr on this thread. tnx for the info anyway. will be helpful.

Visa type pretty clear.

Study some more. The move you want to make now will cost you far more than you think, and not just in monetary terms. The gain from taking the time to legally migrate will be far more than you realize.
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by iamgenius(m): 6:57am On Nov 22, 2017
^^^Please don't discourage this guy. I've already told him to endure with any obstacle he might met when he got there(if it's visitor visa even if it's PR). This is how someone discouraged a close friend of mine of not coming to Canada with a visitor visa. If he had listened to him, I don't know what he'll be doing here in Nigeria now. The guy is now in Canada, and he got his PR within two years without stress. Praise be to God.

@marksburg, Allow me to say this: The prophet of God says:

"Adhere to that which is beneficial for you. Keep asking God for help and do not refrain from it. If you are afflicted in any way, do not say: 'If I had taken this or that step, it would have resulted into such and such,' but say only: 'GOD so determined and did as He willed.' The word 'IF' opens the gates of satanic thoughts"
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by daryoor(m): 7:51am On Nov 22, 2017
op you be yoruba man abi. na yoruba dey analyse dey second guess. i trust ugochukwu and obinna. chapaly chapaly e don reach airport, with americas minimum wage if you work two jobs (round the clock) and stay in a shared apartment you will be able to send home around 1 million naira monthly.

just know that you will eventually settle for marrige for stay but dont worry you will not be the first and definitely not be the last.

oya pack your bags and go before i open my eyes
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
Good morning all!
Looks like u guys are making me get closer to my decision. I guess d hard nut to crack is my luv
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
iamgenius:
^^^Please don't discourage this guy. I've already told him to endure with any obstacle he might met when he got there(if it's visitor visa even if it's PR). This is how someone discouraged a close friend of mine of not coming to Canada with a visitor visa. If he had listened to him, I don't know what he'll be doing here in Nigeria now. The guy is now in Canada, and he got his PR within two years without stress. Praise be to God.

@marksburg, Allow me to say this: The prophet of God says:

"Adhere to that which is beneficial for you. Keep asking God for help and do not refrain from it. If you are afflicted in any way, do not say: 'If I had taken this or that step, it would have resulted into such and such,' but say only: 'GOD so determined and did as He willed.' The word 'IF' opens the gates of satanic thoughts"

I appreciate much much...especially d biblical reference. will surely give a thought to y'all advice.
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by iamgenius(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
marksburg:

I appreciate much much...especially d biblical reference. will surely give a thought to y'all advice.
It's not biblical reference, it's the saying of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who doesn't speak of his own except what God command him to.
Re: Am About To Take A Drastic Decision. Pls Advise!! by marksburg: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
iamgenius:

It's not biblical reference, it's the saying of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who doesn't speak of his own except what God command him to.

OK. tnx all d same

(1) (Reply)

Sandstorm In Sokoto / A Dangote Cement Truck Grind Unknown Person To Unidentified Person / South Africa Builds Tunnels To Help Endangered Frogs Cross Busy Roads (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.